PDA

View Full Version : Will the medical field be the next bubble?

robert9712000
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
It defiantly appears that the only reason the government pushed for mandatory healthcare is because they knew they were running out of options to revitalize the economy .After years of pumping stimulus and bailouts into the economy ,its still at best stagnant.

From what i heard today,that the government will make it so insurance companies cant raise rates and will make it hard to take on new clientele after a certain amount of time(which i did get this from hearsay).It seems the goal is to push the American people into the government run insurance,thus getting a fresh new supply of money and a industry to inflate to revitalize the economy.

Now i am speculating since i dont know the details of how beholden insurers will be to the government and what role Government run insurance will be,or if there will be will a government run insurance.

If this is a new attempt at a bubble to continue this debt charade longer.

Im fearful it will buy them 10 more years and then once the new crises hits theyll make bigger power grabs by completely taking over the health industry and passing new laws regulating Americans lives in every detail,all in the name of preventing the collapse of the medical industry.Which im sure will be told if they dont millions will die from hospitals being shut down.

Ps - And yes i realize i misspelled field in the thread title after i clicked submit.So you grammar police don't need to worry about letting me know instead of replying to the subject

Zippyjuan
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think that, aside from the government cutting it off and limiting prices they can charge, that there could easily be a bubble in healthcare. Demand is highly inelatic (demand barely changes with changes in prices) and it is capable of creating uses for every single dollar you want to throw at it- there is always some new test or new equipment to buy or more buildings and research centers they can build.

James Madison
06-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I'd go with student loans as the next bubble to pop. However, I really don't give a shit about most of these moronic 20-somethings because they're the same people cheering the 'universal health care' ruling. Let 'em burn in hell for all I care.

P3ter_Griffin
06-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Its only a bubble if it pops. When/if that happens to healthcare in the US, I hope I'm elsewhere.

DamianTV
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Our entire economy is based on a Fiat Currency. That means we have tens of thousands upon thousands of smaller individual bubbles all joined together in one giant collective of soap foam. Even Family and Individual Finances can be considered smaller bubbles. If we do not restore an Honest Money System to the world, EVERY bubble, the biggest to the smallest will burst and we will be left with a giant mess and no soap to clean it up with.

Golding
06-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Like James Madison, I see the college education market in conjunction with student loans being the next bubble to burst. There are so many similarities to the housing market in the late 90's/early 00's that it seems inevitable.

AuH20
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM
I think they missed their only chance at salvation when the carbon credit scam fizzled out. The healthcare industry is far too mercurial and unpredictable to build a bubble upon at this late stage of the game.

Acala
06-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Not sure what the OP means by "bubble", but Government intervention monkeying with supply and demand (including with freshly created credit money through government subsidy) driving up prices is what ruined health care already. This is just the next chapter.

liberdom
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
it should be, but it won't be.

Unlike stocks and investments, government, tuition, housing and medicine benefit way too many people and jobs that our society and government will not allow the bubble to burst, because it would either cause mass unemployment or economic chaos, or both.

AuH20
06-29-2012, 01:56 PM
it should be, but it won't be.

Unlike stocks and investments, government, tuition, housing and medicine benefit way too many people and jobs that our society and government will not allow the bubble to burst, because it would either cause mass unemployment or economic chaos, or both.

Which ends when the world and the fed will no longer purchase U.S. treasuries. The end is very close. The unbiased bond market will eventually shun the U.S. for a profit.