PDA

View Full Version : RP Liberty Dollar on eBay--ALL proceeds go to 12/16!

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:00 PM
UPDATE: The original auction was removed due to me not following eBay's charity methods. So I reposted the auction as a 5 day, instead of 7 and made no mention of donating, but the intent is obviously still there. The link below is the correct auction now.

Alright, as much as I really want to hold on to such a beautiful round, I have decided to sell it. The Ron Paul $20 Liberty Dollars are selling for quite a bit of money, and I think this is a perfect opportunity to raise some cash for the December 16th Money Bomb. I've already pledged my $100 for that day, so I'll be adding that on top of whatever this auction ends at.

Here is the eBay link! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230192989914)

I just got it in the mail on Tuesday, too. So it's in perfect condition. If you are interested, please check the auction out. I put it up as a seven day auction.

I really do hope Liberty Dollar is back in operation one day, because I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I only regret not ordering two so I could sell one for 12/16, and keep the other. I've never seen such a beautiful round, and my father is a collector. They do (did :() an absolutely amazing job with these.

Thanks!

traitorist
11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
throwing in a few bids for ya. :P

ClayTrainor
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
you got yourself a bidder with deep pockets right here my friend :)

Raphland
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Holy $hit check out howmuch you can make:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-20-RON-PAUL-LIBERTY-DOLLAR-My-Last-One_W0QQitemZ320183436146QQihZ011QQcategoryZ39489Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope you make that much and contribute it to the campain. :D

greves
11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Hope your house doesn't get raided by the FBI...

...I'm only partially kidding :-/

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Yup, I've been watching these auctions end all night. I almost felt morally obligated to throw this up on ebay for the 16th. I don't know if it'll be worth a whole crapload down the road, but I can't think like that. We're in it to win it, right?

Raphland
11-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Right on Mandrik, keep fighting until we win!

I also have a question for you. I ordered some coins last week from the liberty dollar website, and was wondering if you got a shipping confirmation email before they sent the coin to you? I didnt get it, I only have a receipt.

I really hope I receive my coins. :(

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I ordered mine back in mid October. A few days after ordering, I got an e-mail saying my order had been processed. On 11/9, I received an e-mail saying my order had been shipped. The website said it would take 30 days to ship. I received the coin on 11/13.

If you ordered just a week ago, I'm afraid you are a part of the group that is stuck. Sorry man. :(

Raphland
11-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Awww man, that sucks. Guess I will have to sign up on the class action law suit.

StumbleBum7
11-16-2007, 10:32 PM
man now i dont know what to do, i have one, but don't know whether or not to keep it or sell it! its definatley a keepsake... but thats some good monye i could donate to campaign.

amga49
11-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Bidding has ended??? Has Ebay stopped the auction???

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh good lord, they took it down because I didn't apparently sign up through their MissionFish charity thingy. Wow, that's news to me, LOL. Alright, I'll get back to you guys. I'm at work, but I'm out of here in 20 minutes and have some reports to finish up. I'll probably post this tomorrow or something.

Again, sorry. I had NO IDEA there is something special you have to do for donation auctions.

Oh, apparently I got TWO alerts about my auction being taken down. The first was for listing a charity auction w/o using their special thing. The second was for this:

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Inappropriate Links policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

In Description: If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. Do your part and DONATE on December 16th at www.ronpaul2008.com! Pledge your $100+ donation here: http://www.teaparty07.com

So linking teaparty07 and RP08 is bad, mmmkay?

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:45 PM
After reading the requirements/laws about listing it as a charity item, it almost seems impossible, especially considering what's going on with LD. So I'll probably just put this up as a regular auction, like all the other folks with the intent to donate to RP08 on 12/16. Maybe I'll make a YouTube vid of me actually donating the $ to the campaign. /shrug

amga49
11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Let us know when the auction goes back up. Well done man!

Richandler
11-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Yah put it up for regular auction and make sure it's not for donation. It's for buying a iPod if anyone asks if you know what I mean. Don't ever tell the government or big business what your intents are they punish every way they can. You are doing it to potentially a large some of money of which what you do is completely personal!!!

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stick around a few minutes and relist the item. Just need to finish these *#&% reports!

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Ok, I updated with another auction. Remember, this is for sale for fun, ok? wink wink? ;)

amga49
11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
First bidder at $25!

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks! Ok, I better go home before my wife kills me. She's waiting. :)

American
11-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I bid on this, but I dont have a bunch of money so hopefully this will help raise some more money.

I be broke!

voortrekker
11-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Holy $hit check out howmuch you can make:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-20-RON-PAUL-LIBERTY-DOLLAR-My-Last-One_W0QQitemZ320183436146QQihZ011QQcategoryZ39489Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope you make that much and contribute it to the campain. :D

I won the bid on that one BTW!

Gosh dang expensive, but this history not to be missed.

I got bidded out on one earlier today for final bid of $435.

What these RP dollars are going for now would make some interesting news and good publicity for RP.

Mandrik
11-17-2007, 06:29 AM
I won the bid on that one BTW!

Gosh dang expensive, but this history not to be missed.

I got bidded out on one earlier today for final bid of $435.

What these RP dollars are going for now would make some interesting news and good publicity for RP.

Yeah it was fun watching these things jump $100-$200 in the final seconds.

jd603
11-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Great idea dude, some others who have not donated their max and hold some liberty dollars should follow you!

UPDATE: The original auction was removed due to me not following eBay's charity methods. So I reposted the auction as a 5 day, instead of 7 and made no mention of donating, but the intent is obviously still there. The link below is the correct auction now.

Alright, as much as I really want to hold on to such a beautiful round, I have decided to sell it. The Ron Paul $20 Liberty Dollars are selling for quite a bit of money, and I think this is a perfect opportunity to raise some cash for the December 16th Money Bomb. I've already pledged my $100 for that day, so I'll be adding that on top of whatever this auction ends at.

Here is the eBay link! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230192989914)

I just got it in the mail on Tuesday, too. So it's in perfect condition. If you are interested, please check the auction out. I put it up as a seven day auction.

I really do hope Liberty Dollar is back in operation one day, because I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I only regret not ordering two so I could sell one for 12/16, and keep the other. I've never seen such a beautiful round, and my father is a collector. They do (did :() an absolutely amazing job with these.

Thanks!

Mandrik
11-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Great idea dude, some others who have not donated their max and hold some liberty dollars should follow you!

I have a cousin who I believe has one, but he is maxed out. I think his not-as-wealthy Paulite brother has been making "generous donations," though. I'll encourage him to give this to his brother to sell on eBay.

OptionsTrader
11-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd like to hear what Ron Paul secretly thinks about all of this that he cannot say publicly.

angelatc
11-17-2007, 01:01 PM
You can put RP08 in the title, but apparently you can't say that you're donating the proceeds to the campaign (which isn't technically a charity, but dealing with eBay is as frustrating as dealing with the government.)

If you could get letterhead from the campaign (or a PAC) saying that it's ok with them that you raise money for them, you don't need to go through MissionFish. You just need to put a picture / scan of the letter in the auction.

Missionfish is a huge scam, IMHO. They steal about 20% of the money that is raised for the charity. Getting rich of nonprofits is just morally wrong.

shepburn
11-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I just made a big bid on this!

I agree ... everyone should sell their liberty dollars and donate the proceeds to the 16th of December cause!

voisine
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
What would they do if you put it up for sale with the statement:

According to ebay rules I'm not allowed to say that all proceedes up to $2300 will be donated to the Ron Paul campaign, so I won't say it. *wink*

slantedview
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Congrats on the auction success.

angelatc
11-17-2007, 01:52 PM
What would they do if you put it up for sale with the statement:

According to ebay rules I'm not allowed to say that all proceedes up to $2300 will be donated to the Ron Paul campaign, so I won't say it. *wink*

It depends entirely on the mood of the eBay Nazi that screened the listing. But you're right in thinking that it's ok to imply that the proceeds of the money will be used for a purpose, but you just can't say it.

eBay was a lot more productive before they started trying to make it "safe." It was also a lot less prone to fraud.

Mandrik
11-17-2007, 02:49 PM
It depends entirely on the mood of the eBay Nazi that screened the listing. But you're right in thinking that it's ok to imply that the proceeds of the money will be used for a purpose, but you just can't say it.

eBay was a lot more productive before they started trying to make it "safe." It was also a lot less prone to fraud.

Rather than risk getting the auction removed again, I'll just leave it the way it is. I can kinda understand that they don't want people scamming or whatever, but it is a bit ridiculous that you must go through MissionFish or else they smack you down.

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Sounds like someone with media contacts ought to be alerting them to the Ron Paul coin phenomenon happening on ebay.

heapstack
11-17-2007, 07:50 PM
How can we get to ALL of the people selling the RP dollars and get them to donate some dough? Theres not really an overwhelming number of them but the money is substancial.

Mandrik
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
How can we get to ALL of the people selling the RP dollars and get them to donate some dough? Theres not really an overwhelming number of them but the money is substancial.

You won't. Ever. Too many folks are just looking to make a buck. Hopefully some will think to do this themselves, but really, it's their choice what they decide to do with this.

Mandrik
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Bump. Couple days left on this. :)

Mandrik
11-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Bump for the day.

Perry
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm upping you to $150.

Mandrik
11-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Wow, a bunch of you guys really gave this a bump today! Thanks!

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Eleven hours left on this. So far it's up to $192.50, So I'm definitely donating at least $292.50 on the 16th. Although, I may break my $100 I pledged up into weekly $25 donations and just give this auction $ on the 16th.

Thanks for bidding!

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 05:18 PM
6 hours to go!

OptionsTrader
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I got a chuckle out of that:

Update: I will be spending this money on an upcoming Tea Party me [sic] and a bunch of my internet friends are having on December 16th. ;)

But the grammar policeman in me must correct it :)

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I wrote it in haste. I noticed as soon as I updated it that I made a grammar error. Oh well. :p

Margo37
11-21-2007, 06:28 PM
In Description: If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. Do your part and DONATE on December 16th at www.ronpaul2008.com! Pledge your $100+ donation here: http://www.teaparty07.com

So linking teaparty07 and RP08 is bad, mmmkay?

If you create a ME page on your auctions you can link off ebay sites from that but please check the rules carefully, they change all the time, I don't have a ME page and haven't really kept up but three strikes with pulled auctions you're out. Just be careful.

Mandrik
11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
LAST CALL!

Ok, I'm done bugging you guys about this. Thanks for your support! :)