PDA

View Full Version : NY-Cop shoots family dog, tells family “I’ve shot 12 dogs before, it is what it is.”

Anti Federalist
06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Gates, N.Y. Police Department Sergeant Anthony S. Perry Brags: “I’ve Shot 12 Dogs, it is what it is.”, moments after Officer James Coughlin shoots Innocent Dog. Second Incident in Monroe County, N.Y. this Month.

http://www.copblock.org/17235/gates-n-y-police-department-sergeant-anthony-s-perry-brags-ive-shot-12-dogs-is-moments-officer-james-coughlin-shoots-innocent-dog-second-incident-monroe-county-n-y-month/

By Davy V.

For the second time in just over three weeks, an innocent family pet has been shot by police in Upstate, New York.

This time it was at the hands of Gates, N.Y. Police department and officer James Coughlin.

Around 10:00 a.m. on Monday June 25, 2012, Jerome Johnson was in his home on Crestwood Blvd. in the Town of Gates, a suburb just outside Rochester, N.Y. when he heard “Chino”, his 3 year old American Bull Mastiff barking.

As Jerome’s son Jerome Jr., went out to check on the family’s dog, who was in the yard, Jerome Johnson and his wife heard what he described as a loud “Pow!” sound.

Jerome Johnson and his wife ran outside to find Gates N.Y Police officer James Coughlin with his gun in his hand and their beautiful dog “Chino” laying in a pool of his own blood with a gunshot wound to his left side.

When Jerome Johnson asked Gates, N.Y. police officer James Coughlin why he had just shot their dog, Coughlin replied “We don’t pepper spray, we shoot if we feel threatened.”

At this time Gates, N.Y. Police Sgt. Anthony S. Perry arrived at the scene. As Jerome Johnson and his wife who were consoling their son after he had just witnessed “Chino” being shot in front of him, Sgt. Perry told the family “I’ve shot 12 dogs before, it is what it is.” and smirked.

The family then rushed their pet to a local emergency animal hospital where Chino was put down as a result of his injuries. Jerome Johnson said “It was very hard to be there with him when they gave him the first shot and my son and all of us were crying.”

Jerome Johnson told me that a neighbor who recently moved on his street and doesn’t like the family, called 911 and falsely reported that “Chino” was running lose, when the truth was that he was on his own property, in his yard.

I called the Gates, N.Y. Police department, and a Gates Police officer that answered the phone refused to speak about the incident. I was transferred to a Lieutenant’s voicemail.

This is the second time in just over three weeks that Monroe County, N.Y. law enforcement has shot an innocent family dog on their own property.

On June 1, 2012, “Diablo”, a beautiful 7 year old blue pitbull was executed on his own property by Monroe County, N.Y. Sheriff’s deputies Sean LeClair and Matt Clancy in Penfield, N.Y. another suburb of Rochester. Both deputies shot at least 4 rounds with at least one of those shots going through the home’s garage door, ricocheting off the cement floor, going through a window and nearly missing a home next door.

Perhaps, one of the most disturbing things is that it appears that “Diablo” was shot in the back of his head, which would indicate that he was retreating, and not “charging” at deputies as Monroe County, N.Y. Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn stated.

At first, Monroe County, N.Y. Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn said that his deputies were
responding to a call of a house party at the Whitney Rd. home of Gary Brockler, “Diablo’s” owner. Less than 48 hours later, O’Flynn changed his story, saying that deputies Sean LeClair and Matt Clancy were responding to the residence for a vehicle that was parked illegally in front of the home.

Less than 2 weeks later, Monroe County, N.Y. Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn announced that his deputies were justified in their execution of an innocent dog.

UPDATE:

I just spoke with Mr. Jerome Johnson, “Chino’s” owner, who called me to tell me that he had just returned home a short while ago, when a neighbor who lives across the street from him told him that he witnessed the entire incident.

The neighbor said that he saw a Gates, N.Y. Police car pull up in front of the Johnson’s home and he then saw Gates, N.Y. Police officer James Coughlin get out and walk up to the residence. What the neighbor told Mr. Johnson that he saw next is very disturbing and shows that this was a premediated, senseless act of violence against an innocent dog.

The neighbor said that he observed Gates, N.Y. Police officer James Coughlin unsnap his gun from his holster, and look around as to see if anyone was looking. The neighbor then saw Gates, N.Y. Police officer James Coughlin fire one shot into “Chino.”

Call Gates, N.Y. Police Chief David R.DiCaro and Gates Town Supervisor Mark Assini and let them know how you feel about this injustice!

Gates, N.Y. Police Chief David R. DiCaro (585) 247-2262

Gates Town Supervisor Mark Assini (585) 247-6100

heavenlyboy34
06-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I know I've said it before, but people who treat animals like this are highly likely to treat people the same way. This disregard for animals is a psychological problem that should be addressed.

coastie
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
The neighbor said that he observed Gates, N.Y. Police officer James Coughlin unsnap his gun from his holster, and look around as to see if anyone was looking. The neighbor then saw Gates, N.Y. Police officer James Coughlin fire one shot into “Chino.”

Pull that shit in my neighborhood or at my home, and my neighbors might get you before I do. All bets are off you kill my dog like that, and it will all be on video to incriminate the cop or other person pulling that shit, and exonerate me for defending my family and my property with equal force..;)