PDA

View Full Version : American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

libertyjam
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Gets much worse about halfway through, cops are there and do absolutely nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJBW49afzg&feature=share

jkr
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
to protect AND serve...

...theyselves...

JK/SEA
06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
looks like a State GOP Convention...

Origanalist
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
looks like a State GOP Convention...

+1

Pauling
06-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying they deserve to have crap thrown at them, but that's not the best way to win someone to Christ.

UpperDecker
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Tolerance: a one way street

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not saying they deserve to have crap thrown at them, but that's not the best way to win someone to Christ.

+rep. Sadly I don't think that was their intention.

angelatc
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Because I live in Michigan, I've had this posted to my wall about 10 times already. If you read some of the signs the professional rabblerousers are carrying, they're pretty insulting.

Not that they don't have a first amendment right to say those things. They absolutely do. But I rank these guys up with the Westboro Baptist Church funeral protesters. When they get the reaction they're looking for, I don't really feel too bad for them.

Lucille
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
+rep pauling, jimdrake and angelatc.

UpperDecker
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Because I live in Michigan, I've had this posted to my wall about 10 times already. If you read some of the signs the professional rabblerousers are carrying, they're pretty insulting.

Not that they don't have a first amendment right to say those things. They absolutely do. But I rank these guys up with the Westboro Baptist Church funeral protesters. When they get the reaction they're looking for, I don't really feel too bad for them.

We have a group like that here in Northern California, it can be pretty annoying. But while I don't agree with them, or any other religious group for that matter, I would never attempt to interfere with their freedom of speech and I think it was wrong of the police to force them out like that and do nothing about the numerous assaults occurring. Although I couldn't read their signs, I highly doubt they were worse than the things the things being said to them.

phill4paul
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
The myth of police protection.....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?228509-The-Myth-of-Police-Protection&highlight=Police

QuickZ06
06-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Religious wars, great. But WWJD? Well, probably not having the signs they did would be a good first start.

Kluge
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Crap. Don't want to watch, I'll just end up pissed off at the world.

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
We have a group like that here in Northern California, it can be pretty annoying. But while I don't agree with them, or any other religious group for that matter, I would never attempt to interfere with their freedom of speech and I think it was wrong of the police to force them out like that and do nothing about the numerous assaults occurring. Although I couldn't read their signs, I highly doubt they were worse than the things the things being said to them.

Ummm......did I miss something? I'm pretty sure the police just stopped them from using the megaphones.

UpperDecker
06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Ummm......did I miss something? I'm pretty sure the police just stopped them from using the megaphones.

At about 12:50 when they are talking to the Deputy Chief on to the end if the video.

phill4paul
06-27-2012, 02:38 PM

The police told them they needed to leave or be cited. They were a safety hazard to themselves, the crowd and (THE HORRORS! :eek:) the police.

angelatc
06-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Here's the web page of the attention-whore that flew in to start this crap. http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com/BLOG/Rubens_Story.html

Ronulus
06-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Guys an idiot. Doesn't excuse the crowd or police, but the guy is an idiot.

HopeForHumanity
06-27-2012, 03:13 PM
If you actually think that the protestors deserved to be attacked by an angry mob, or wanted to be attacked, then simply stop calling your self a freedom movement activist. If it was a christian festival and muslim people came in, I would be just as mad at the christians. There is no excuse for violence against peaceful activity.

Pauling
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
If you actually think that the protestors deserved to be attacked by an angry mob, or wanted to be attacked, then simply stop calling your self a freedom movement activist. If it was a christian festival and muslim people came in, I would be just as mad at the christians. There is no excuse for violence against peaceful activity.

I don't think anyone here is excusing the violence from the crowd.

nobody's_hero
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Crap. Don't want to watch, I'll just end up pissed off at the world.

I was pissed off at the world to begin with, and I highly advise you not to watch this.

Brian4Liberty
06-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Note that the majority of the crowd yelling and throwing things are about the same age as the kids who harassed the Grandma on the school bus. Just an observation.

nobody's_hero
06-27-2012, 03:20 PM
This is like the neighborhood kids who rattle sticks across the fence and then the parents want a ban on a certain breed of dog, when the dog finally gets pissed off and takes a chunk out of a kid's leg.

The cynic in me misses the old days in America, when this sort of thing would be settled at 20 paces and no one expected the cops to intervene back then either.

phill4paul
06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
This is like the neighborhood kids who rattle sticks across the fence and then the parents want a ban on a certain breed of dog, when the dog finally gets pissed off and takes a chunk out of a kid's leg.

The cynic in me misses the old days in America, when this sort of thing would be settled at 20 paces and no one expected the cops to intervene back then either.

I doubt a single bottle would have been thrown had they been armed.

nobody's_hero
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt a single bottle would have been thrown had they been armed.

Ah, so you found the missing piece of the formula for freedom:

Self-restraint due to analysis of consequences.

Keith and stuff
06-27-2012, 03:39 PM
So a bunch a rude christians go to a muslim ghetto to try to get a reaction for the poor, young muslims. Sure enough, the poor, young muslims in the ghetto go absolutely crazy. Sure, maybe a few hundred of the people in the audience should have been punished for committing multiple crimes. However, it is a horrible idea to take hate into a ghetto like that.

In a perfect world anyone could go on any public property, but in the world we live in that makes no sense.

QuickZ06
06-27-2012, 03:42 PM
So a bunch a rude christians go to a muslim ghetto to try to get a reaction for the poor, young muslims. Sure enough, the poor, young muslims in the ghetto go absolutely crazy. Sure, maybe a few hundred of the people in the audience should have been punished for committing multiple crimes. However, it is a horrible idea to take hate into a ghetto like that.

In a perfect world anyone could go on any public property, but in the world we live in that makes no sense.

QFT.

QuickZ06
06-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't think anyone here is excusing the violence from the crowd.

I agree. Both sides are at fault here. Its like going into downtown L.A. in a clan outfit. I don't think you will get a warm welcoming.

alucard13mmfmj
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
crazy kids... no need to resort to violence because of religion. i hate to see what they'll do when they grow up >.<

angelatc
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Dearborn isn't a ghetto, for starts.

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I saw the video (a couple of years ago?) of the Christians run off by police from the Muslim festival who were peacefully passing out tracks and were neither bothering anyone nor being bothered by anyone. I guess this new group decided to push the envelop. What they might not realize is that kind of proved the point the police were making the first time about creating a disturbance. Sure they had a right to do what they did, but not everything you have a right to do is right to do.

HopeForHumanity
06-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I saw the video (a couple of years ago?) of the Christians run off by police from the Muslim festival who were peacefully passing out tracks and were neither bothering anyone nor being bothered by anyone. I guess this new group decided to push the envelop. What they might not realize is that kind of proved the point the police were making the first time about creating a disturbance. Sure they had a right to do what they did, but not everything you have a right to do is right to do.

It is our right to freely speak. It is not our right to violently attack people we disagree with. Its incredibly simple. The muslims could have easily just argued and verbally fought back, but as soon as they started throwing rocks and debris, it was needless violence and they were violating the rights of the protestors.

PaulConventionWV
06-27-2012, 05:22 PM
They're blaming the violence on the non-aggressors. Typical way to subdue the public and effectively outlaw free speech. Just tell the people exercising free speech that they're causing the aggression. It's ridiculous. Like the guy said, they're rewarding riotous behavior.

And shame on the people comparing the Christians here to Westboro Baptist. That is just ludicrous. These people are peaceful and their message isn't hateful. It may not be something I would do, but that doesn't change the fact that they are doing nothing wrong.

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
It is our right to freely speak. It is not our right to violently attack people we disagree with. Its incredibly simple. The muslims could have easily just argued and verbally fought back, but as soon as they started throwing rocks and debris, it was needless violence and they were violating the rights of the protestors.

Ummm...what part of Sure they had a right to do what they did, but not everything you have a right to do is right to do. do you not understand? :confused:

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
They're blaming the violence on the non-aggressors. Typical way to subdue the public and effectively outlaw free speech. Just tell the people exercising free speech that they're causing the aggression. It's ridiculous. Like the guy said, they're rewarding riotous behavior.

And shame on the people comparing the Christians here to Westboro Baptist. That is just ludicrous. These people are peaceful and their message isn't hateful. It may not be something I would do, but that doesn't change the fact that they are doing nothing wrong.

Well I compared them to the Christians from a couple of years ago who peacefully passed out tracks without having rocks and bottles thrown at them but got run off by police. But some folks seem to think that praising effective witnessing = supporting mob violence. :confused:

QuickZ06
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM

Exactly. When push comes to shove.

And would Jesus really condone some of the signs like these they use. I see a "God hates *****s" back there :rolleyes: real peaceful way of spreading your message.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1808/templateclipimage002000.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/templateclipimage002000.jpg/)

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
So much for the "how dare you compare them to Westboro Baptist" argument. Here's the irony. Sometimes I hear right wing Christians who would happily reverse Lawrence v. Texas say that we must oppose Muslims because they discriminate against gays and women. :confused:

Exactly. When push comes to shove.

And would Jesus really condone some of the signs like these they use. I see a "God hates *****s" back there :rolleyes: real peaceful way of spreading your message.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1808/templateclipimage002000.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/templateclipimage002000.jpg/)

phill4paul
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Sure they had a right to do what they did, but not everything you have a right to do is right to do.

Doesn't matter. If the festival attendees had not given them the time of day then it would have been a non-issue.

QuickZ06
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
So much for the "how dare you compare them to Westboro Baptist" argument. Here's the irony. Sometimes I hear right wing Christians who would happily reverse Lawrence v. Texas say that we must oppose Muslims because they discriminate against gays and women. :confused:

Man o man.

jmdrake
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Doesn't matter. If the festival attendees had not given them the time of day then it would have been a non-issue.

If your goal is to follow the teachings and methods of Jesus and to spread His love and win over converts then it most certainly matters. If your goal is to be a Christian version of Adam Kokesh who stages a protest to say "F-U" just to prove that he can, then it doesn't matter. It all depends on what your goal is. They claim to be Christians so it matters.

Dr.3D
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Darn those crazy Christian extremists. I really wish they would read the Bible and follow the words of Christ. He said, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

They don't need to keep standing around making people angry!

Zippyjuan
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Let's see. Christians were protesting and using a bullhorn (don't know what they were yelling) and carrying signs at an Arab festival. Who was provoking a confrontation and upset when one occured?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120616/NEWS05/120616015/Christian-missionaries-with-pig-s-head-taunt-Arab-Americans-at-Dearborn-festival

Tensions flared Friday evening at the annual Arab International Festival in Dearborn as members of some Christian missionary groups — including one called the Bible Believers — taunted Arab Americans with a pig’s head and signs that promoted hatred of Islam.

“You’re gonna burn in hell,” one missionary shouted at a group of young Arab-American boys listening to him speak on Warren Avenue, where the festival takes place.

The festival continues today in Dearborn, but the members of the Bible Believers won’t be there because they’ll be protesting a gay festival in Ohio, said Arab Festival organizers.

The three-day festival is the largest public gathering of Arab-Americans in the U.S.; it has drawn Christian missionaries for years, but in 2009, some become more aggressive, leading to arrests and legal feuds. Dearborn has the highest concentration of Arab-Americans in the U.S., many of them Muslim, making it a magnet for some Christian missionaries.

The Bible Believers also protested at last year's Arab Festival, holding up both anti-Muslim and anti-Catholic signs and causing one Arab-American Muslim girl to cry.

About a dozen with the group stood facing the festival on Friday with signs that made bigoted remarks about Islam and its prophet, Mohammed. One of the missionaries had a pig’s head mounted on a pole that he displayed in front of his group. Muslims don’t eat pigs because their faith teaches that the animal is unclean.

Some of the signs the missionaries held read: "Islam is a religion of blood and murder" and "Muhammad (Islam's prophet) is a ... liar, false prophet, murderer, child molesting pervert."

Wayne County sheriffs tried to keep the peace; a few times, three officers on horseback rode by, trying to keep the young Arab Americans at a distance from the Christian missionaries.

At one point, some kids started throwing water bottles and pop cans at the missionaries. Others chanted “Allah-U-Akbar” (God is the greatest). One of the Christians shouted in response “Jesus Akbar.”

At another point, three girls wearing Islamic headscarves yelled back at the missionaries: “Read the Quran,” referring to Islam’s holy book.

A Christian missionary with another group told a group of Arab-American Muslim boys that they are ''transgressing against God.'' One boy then spilled some water on the missionary.

Most of the confrontations were between elderly missionaries and Arab-American kids.

Earlier in the day, a group of Christian missionaries targeted the biggest mosque in Michigan, the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, standing right outside the mosque lawn to hand out fliers during Friday prayers.

In his Friday sermon, the imam of the mosque, Hassan Al-Qazwini, warned parents that some missionaries at the Arab Festival could target their children for conversion: ''Be careful. ... They could be taken (spiritually) from us.''

Other missionaries at the festival were less confrontational, handing out fliers telling Muslims to convert and handing out free Christian books.

One wore a T-shirt that read ''I (heart symbol) Muslims'' while handing out fliers that urged Muslims to ''accept the Lord Jesus Christ.''

LibForestPaul
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Elitist bastards fomenting division. And the stupid mundanes play along.

alucard13mmfmj
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM
westborough church needs to go to dearborn.

MikeStanart
06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Westborough Church boils my blood.

But I would NEVER, EVER be violent against any of them. They are misguided, but they are still individuals, and we as libertarians should follow the non-violent approach we all hold dear.

Every single person throwing things in this video should have been locked up & charged with assault.

phill4paul
06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
If your goal is to follow the teachings and methods of Jesus and to spread His love and win over converts then it most certainly matters. If your goal is to be a Christian version of Adam Kokesh who stages a protest to say "F-U" just to prove that he can, then it doesn't matter. It all depends on what your goal is. They claim to be Christians so it matters.

YOUR views of being 'Christ-like' do not echo others. They still have the right to say what they want. I'm not defending their stance I am defending their right to 'protection' under law as it is often interpreted.
The trouble persisted after the megaphone incident. They were assaulted. The physical aggressors should have been dealt with not the protesters.

Non-violent.....

Patriot Guards vs. Westboro.

Ender
06-27-2012, 11:33 PM
YOUR views of being 'Christ-like' do not echo others. They still have the right to say what they want. I'm not defending their stance I am defending their right to 'protection' under law as it is often interpreted.
The trouble persisted after the megaphone incident. They were assaulted. The physical aggressors should have been dealt with not the protesters.

Non-violent.....

BS.

Those signs are NOT peaceful and they were meant to incite bad feelings.

Christ said: "I judge no man." If He says this who the hell are these so-called "Christian" protesters to enact judgment on a group that was doing nothing to them??

AGRP
06-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Rabblerousers INDEED.

This is tailor made for the Neocon media.

TIME FOR MERICA TO ANNIHILATE SYRIA AND IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

angelatc
06-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Westborough Church boils my blood.

But I would NEVER, EVER be violent against any of them. They are misguided, but they are still individuals, and we as libertarians should follow the non-violent approach we all hold dear.

Every single person throwing things in this video should have been locked up & charged with assault.

Sure. They don't hesitate to throw people in jail for planning protests, that's for sure.

phill4paul
06-28-2012, 12:29 AM
BS.

Those signs are NOT peaceful and they were meant to incite bad feelings.

Christ said: "I judge no man." If He says this who the hell are these so-called "Christian" protesters to enact judgment on a group that was doing nothing to them??

That is not the point of my posts. I could not give a fuck more for what some believers of a religion, any religion, espouse. I was, and have been, speaking about the right to assemble and freedom of speech regardless of your point of view.

QuickZ06
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM

Non-violent.....

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on the fact they have the right to say and protest whatever they want as anyone should. We just are pointing out the irony in these so called "peaceful christians" as they scream god knows what at a bunch of people they knew would get riled up. Legally one group is at fault, morally the other. Both showed a lack of intelligence.

dillo
06-28-2012, 02:22 AM
I try to avoid groups like this; however if they are in my way of where I am going and one of them tells me im going to hell I will engage them verbally. If they even flinch forward Ill hit them. Im all for people having the right to assemble, but if you are verbally insulting someone then I dont really feel sympathy for them getting the same thing back.

I do not condone unconditional violence, but if someone threatens you; Fuck em.

Its obviously hard to apply that to this video though, as its hard to tell what exactly is going on.

Xhin
06-28-2012, 03:22 AM
If I was in the cop's position I would have done the same thing. It could have been handled way better though. Just.. think of it in terms of sanity here. If they left a couple cops with the guy, sure they could probably spare them because that group would be the focus point of any riots. But what happens when the mob realizes that all that's standing between them and the people that are provoking them is a couple cops? And those cops by being there are, in their eyes, supporting the christian dudes? Things would have gotten a lot worse, and the cop's right than 14 or so cops wouldn't be able to quell that kind of riot.

Xhin
06-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Also, way to stir up inter-religious conflicts. The beauty of this scenario is you can't win by arguing for either side. If you support the christians' right to free speech, then it makes you seem like you're supporting their provocative behavior; if you support the muslims then it makes you seem like you're supporting their violence, and then the conspiracy theorists will come out of the woodwork to say that america's going to be subjected to sharia law and christians will be persecuted.

Sola_Fide
06-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Here is proof that Christians and Muslims can interact in a voluntary, but passionate way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQLzCJDdQs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Revolution9
06-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Let's see. Christians were protesting and using a bullhorn (don't know what they were yelling) and carrying signs at an Arab festival. Who was provoking a confrontation and upset when one occured?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120616/NEWS05/120616015/Christian-missionaries-with-pig-s-head-taunt-Arab-Americans-at-Dearborn-festival

Crap! I agree with you totally. I am sure this is an anomaly that the Universe will right in due course;)

Rev9

Revolution9
06-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Ummm...what part of Sure they had a right to do what they did, but not everything you have a right to do is right to do. do you not understand? :confused:

Anyone has the right to call me anything they want. That doesn't mean I ain't gonna clock them hard enough to fix their little red wagon if they use the wrong analogy. I could give a fuck what sissies on this thread want to yap about with their freedom and shit. I'll show you freedom from yer big mouth is by knocking your lights out. And news to the youngsters around here. That is what men do unless indoctrinated into some sissy crap or other.. My best was dropping this idiot roommate on his head who wouldn't shutup. Damned if the angle wasn't just right to pinch his vocal nerve for three weeks or so.. heh.. couldn't make a peep of yakkin'.

Rev9

robmpreston
06-28-2012, 06:20 AM
That is not the point of my posts. I could not give a fuck more for what some believers of a religion, any religion, espouse. I was, and have been, speaking about the right to assemble and freedom of speech regardless of your point of view.

Maybe, but when some are calling this group 'non-aggressors' it's a joke. Would I be a non-aggressor if I went into a ghetto in West Baltimore dressed as a klansman with a sign that said "God hates all ******s" ? Hell no. I know exactly what would happen, just like these phony Christians did.

Don Lapre
06-28-2012, 06:36 AM

Exactly right - and yes, incredibly simple.

One can assert that the Christian group was provocative and wrong for what they were doing, but the responsibility here falls on the festival-goers.
They need to see the group, think, "Wow, they're pretty f*cked up," and walk on their way.
The end.

There is NO justification for their violence and the police were DEAD WRONG in not stepping in and making arrests when the objects started flying.

It's pretty much beyond belief that they actually insisted that the Christian group needed to leave.

Czolgosz
06-28-2012, 07:23 AM
When you get in somebody's face with your shit, you might get hit.

jmdrake
06-28-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm not giving MY views. Do you read your Bible? Seriously do you? Dr.3D already quoted this, but I'll quote it again for you.

Matthew 10:14 And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Jesus Christ gave explicit instructions on how His gospel was to be spread. People who claim to be His followers but don't use His methods aren't. It's that simple. The fact is there are a lot of people who want to claim the name Christian but go about and do things their way. Jesus had this to say about that.

Matthew 7:21-23
New King James Version (NKJV)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Christianity is serious business. If someone has a different opinion about how to live the Christian life they should back up that opinion by scripture. They can't just say "Well that's what you think, here's what I think." At least that's not going to matter on judgement.

Edit: And I think your issue is an inability to separate the idea that while they certainly have their 1st amendment rights to say whatever they want, that doesn't mean I have to approve of what they did from a Christian point of view. If these had been atheists holding up signs saying "Allah never existed because there is no such thing as God" I would have disagreed with their message as well as their tactics (instead of just disagreeing with their tactics), but I would have agreed with their first amendment right to say it. Now I doubt these "sincere Christians" will carry their "choose Jesus or go to hell just like the gays" sign to the next Jewish festival they find out about.

Non-violent.....

jmdrake
06-28-2012, 08:14 AM

And nobody has been speaking against their right to assemble. I said "they have a right to do that but not everything you have a right to do is right to do". The Westboro Baptist freaks have a right to make jackasses of themselves protesting military funerals with signs that say "Praise God for more dead soldiers because God hates ****". That doesn't make what they do "right". Why is that so freaking hard for you to understand?

Schifference
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe this can be compared to Ron Paul supporters going to a Mitt Romney Republican Convention.

HopeForHumanity
06-28-2012, 06:10 PM
What I'm about to say is kind of offensive, but it is to prove a logical point. Some of the hypocrites on here... ugh.. I dont know where to begin. We believe in liberty! But oh wait, if your a retarded christian then you dont have your rights protected under the law. I guess children with downs syndrome dont have it either.

Yes, these christians are not very smart. But no, that does not give people the right to violently attack them. I dont throw eggs at cars driving out of walmart, do you?

squarepusher
06-28-2012, 06:25 PM

yup, I was going to say this. They went to the 2012 Dearborn Arab Festival and did a Jesus parade? lol