PDA

View Full Version : Rand is screwing up their plans with some gun amendments too...

specsaregood
06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/rand-paul-gun-dc-budget_n_1629401.html

Rand Paul Gun Amendments Could Derail D.C. Budget Autonomy

Plans to mark up legislation Wednesday to give budget autonomy to the District of Columbia were derailed after a Republican Senator said he planned to offer amendments that would roll back some of the District’s gun laws.

Democrats on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee were confident they could defeat a number of amendments offered by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), including one that would ban federal funding for abortions in D.C.

But there was less certainty about whether they would be able to block two other Paul amendments related to guns; a number of pro-gun-rights Democrats sit on the committee.

Ultimately, senior lawmakers, in consultation with local officials and activists, decided they would be better off canceling the markup than taking the chance that they would not be able to send a “clean” bill to the Senate floor.

more at link above

roho76
06-27-2012, 05:03 AM
As much as I disapprove of Rands endorsement, I love that he is getting under their skin like this. I want to see Harry Reids head explode. He should litter every bill they put forth in this same manner. Put every pro-gun, anti abortion, pro freedom, anti tri letter agency wording he can drum up in there.

Chester Copperpot
06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
As much as I disapprove of Rands endorsement, I love that he is getting under their skin like this. I want to see Harry Reids head explode. He should litter every bill they put forth in this same manner. Put every pro-gun, anti abortion, pro freedom, anti tri letter agency wording he can drum up in there.

whats anti tri???

Czolgosz
06-27-2012, 05:10 AM

+1

Sola_Fide
06-27-2012, 05:18 AM

Agreed.

roho76
06-27-2012, 05:21 AM
whats anti tri???

Anti = Against
Tri = 3

Really? I hope your kidding.

Tod
06-27-2012, 06:17 AM
whats anti tri???

aka alphabet agencies. FBI CIA TSA ad nauseum

ClydeCoulter
06-27-2012, 06:34 AM
I hope that just to "get even" they don't fill S. 202 with a bunch of amendments to water it down.

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2012, 06:39 AM
I hope that just to "get even" they don't fill S. 202 with a bunch of amendments to water it down.

Happened last time, it'll happen again, Rand or no Rand.