PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul R3volution 2012 Photo Book Idea

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm just floating this out there to see if there is any interest. I'm thinking about putting together a photo book with various cool grassroots photos of the Ron Paul revolution. I'm thinking of a nice high quality, coffee table type photobook with photos and Ron Paul quotes scattered throughout (about 40 pages). Some pages would be one large photo, some would have multiple photos. If enough people think they would be interested in having a book like that, I'll put a KickStarter project up.

For people who don't know what Kickstarter is, go to http://www.kickstarter.com/

UPDATE: I'm hoping to get the price down to around $20 each. I'll have to go 9x7 and softcover.

The goal would be to print the books sometime after the convention so pics from the convention and the Ron Paul festival can be included.

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Would you pledge on the Kickstarter project?

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I'll by 5 of the large if the book has a picture of Ron Paul's inauguration on Jan 20.

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
I'll by 5 of the large if the book has a picture of Ron Paul's inauguration on Jan 20.

Lol!

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 09:52 PM
I guess not... Oh well!

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't put in other politicians from Paul Fest. There aren't going to be enough pages and it would give far too much significance to people who just attended one event. I would get it if the pictures were representatitive -- and showed the big rallies....

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 09:57 PM
well you can call me "delusional" if you want, but with the convention still 2 months away and with some other variables still unaccounted for, I still have hope of seeing that picture.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
well you can call me "delusional" if you want, but with the convention still 2 months away and with some other variables still unaccounted for, I still have hope of seeing that picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b76lGqeeELw

I'm all for it!

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Matchup of the Century - Let's make it happen...

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM

There is always hope and I hope so too!

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't put in other politicians from Paul Fest. There aren't going to be enough pages and it would give far too much significance to people who just attended one event. I would get it if the pictures were representatitive -- and showed the big rallies....

Yeah, probably just a few. And of course the big rallies!

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, probably just a few. And of course the big rallies!

why would you put in any? Unless they were people who campaigned with Ron, like Amash in Michigan.

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 10:10 PM
why would you put in any? Unless they were people who campaigned with Ron, like Amash in Michigan.

Not the other politians... you know, the rally, the march, Ron Paul if he shows, etc.

Bastiat's The Law
06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I think its a cool idea. You just have to figure out a way to get costs down a bit. There's a plethora of photo history of Ron Paul's run starting back in 2007 to today.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Not the other politians... you know, the rally, the march, Ron Paul if he shows, etc.

Oh, absolutely, Deb, the crowds, US is definitely a part of this.

opinionatedfool
06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I think its a cool idea. You just have to figure out a way to get costs down a bit. There's a plethora of photo history of Ron Paul's run starting back in 2007 to today.

Yeah, I'll have to look around for other options. I want it to be premium quality though, so we'll see what I find.

opinionatedfool
06-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I updated the pricing goal. I was looking at hardcover with a jacket wrap, but switching to soft cover seems to change a lot.