PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts About RPF

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
In reflection of the time I have spent in these forums (which is miniscule compared to others), there seems to be a lack of understanding to the overall purpose of this forum. I can list the bulk of issues that many of us view as true dangers to our country, to our freedoms, our morality and our prosperity. But what is our desired end result and can we, as an assembly of individuals, define those necessary objectives in order to reach our desired end result?

We will all have slight differences in the grand scheme of what the end result should be, but there are essentially common principles that shape an embodiment for which we all stand. Can we define it? If not, then we shall only ever been seen as individuals instead of a movement. But if we can, and we do have the ability, the motivation, the competence, and the fortitude to overcome every roadblock, every deceitful act, and every malicious deed, then and only then can we, as a movement, expatriate those who have contrived to dissolve the very foundation of our country.

When observing the consummation from the conventions and the flurry of repugnant commotions by the establishment to subvert and enfeeble the imperative voice of a nation, two concepts have seemingly been reinforced. The status quo collectivism, although formidable, is not unsurpassable and the term disruptive had been attained from its latter meaning of unruly.

So how was the establishment hindered at the conventions? Organization, defined objectives and unified efforts. With all of the diversified skill sets that are prominently embedded within the members of this forum, can we not organize ourselves with unified efforts to achieve our objectives in the pursuit of a common result or are we reluctant to deteriorate over the passage of time only to be domesticated back into methodical settlement that has been bestowed upon us?

MelissaWV
06-26-2012, 03:51 PM
There's a Mission Statement for the forums. If you want guidance as to what you should do first, and how to do it, I would hope you'd look to yourself for that advice.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
lol at MelissaWV! But she has a point. Spontaneous order is so much a part of us that Amash tweeted he wanted a cologne inspired by Hayek: Spontaneous Odor

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Does this help you?

The Ron Paul FREEDOM PRINCIPLES

Rights belong to individuals, not groups.
Property should be owned by people, not government.
All voluntary associations should be permissible -- economic and social.
The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud.
Government exists to protect liberty, not to redistribute wealth or to grant special privileges.
The lives and actions of people are their own responsibility, not the government's.

http://www.paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1009&Itemid=50

I also think help in pointing us in some key strategic directions is why C4L was formed. I am hoping that as he retires from Congress, that Dr. Paul takes a much larger role in this organization than he already had.

tsai3904
06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
So how was the establishment hindered at the conventions? Organization, defined objectives and unified efforts. With all of the diversified skill sets that are prominently embedded within the members of this forum, can we not organize ourselves with unified efforts to achieve our objectives in the pursuit of a common result or are we reluctant to deteriorate over the passage of time only to be domesticated back into methodical settlement that has been bestowed upon us?

Campaign for Liberty was suppose to be our organizational tool but it has been an utter failure when you compare it to other organizations like FreedomWorks. C4L has been great in states where the campaign has always had a presence like Iowa and Nevada but they never organized it effectively to extend nationally.

FreedomWorks is great at mobilizing their grassroots in actually doing something. When FW says to call your Senators regarding Issue X, they have a system in place to record how many people call and they usually get hundreds of calls. What we have are message boards here and at Daily Paul to generate activism, which is not very efficient.

There's too many passionate Ron Paul supporters out there who are not on Ron Paul Forums or Daily Paul and unless we can bring everyone in under an umbrella, our organizational capabilities will be limited.

Indy Vidual
06-26-2012, 04:10 PM
We have too many people posting straight from the MSM and then fighting about it.

...there are essentially common principles that shape an embodiment for which we all stand. Can we define it?...

Libertarians can define their common principles and Ron Paul supports most of it.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Does this help you?

http://www.paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1009&Itemid=50

I also think help in pointing us in some key strategic directions is why C4L was formed. I am hoping that as he retires from Congress, that Dr. Paul takes a much larger role in this organization than he already had.

From your mouth to God's ears. And to Ron's.

I love those quotes.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
We have too many people posting straight from the MSM and then fighting about it.

Libertarians can define their common principles and Ron Paul supports most of it.

which means you seem to support a libertarianism that is a different flavor. Many of us here support the Ron Paul kind. So there is variation, of course.

anaconda
06-26-2012, 04:21 PM

This seems to be a huge function of the RPF. I suppose it is reasonable to ask, however, if discussion of current events are useful. I imagine that many additional threads (non-current event threads) are sometimes useful in preparing one to formulate their own message in spreading the liberty philosophy to those that have not seen the light yet.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This seems to be a huge function of the RPF. I suppose it is reasonable to ask, however, if discussion of current events are useful. I imagine that many additional threads (non-current event threads) are sometimes useful in preparing one to formulate their own message in spreading the liberty philosophy to those that have not seen the light yet.

News on our issues has to be searched for, I would want someone else to post it if they found it.

Indy Vidual
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
which means you seem to support a libertarianism that is a different flavor. Many of us here support the Ron Paul kind. So there is variation, of course.

A Big Tent supports many flavors.
Defining a single one (for the OP) isn't easy or needed. We can focus on core values that everyone agrees with.

sometimes useful = Yes
but...
Coming here == Way too similar to watching TV? :o

talkingpointes
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Read the mission statement. We are here to elect Paul and ancillary is to pick other candidates in his likeness.

Barrex
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Coming here == Way too similar to watching TV

unfortunatley yes.

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 08:45 PM
There's a Mission Statement for the forums. If you want guidance as to what you should do first, and how to do it, I would hope you'd look to yourself for that advice.

Yes there is a Mission Statement and it is true to the characteristics of a Mission Statement. It generalizes the terms of the mission. I will paste the Mission Statement under another quote. But this is not about me, hopefully its about us.

lol at MelissaWV! But she has a point. Spontaneous order is so much a part of us that Amash tweeted he wanted a cologne inspired by Hayek: Spontaneous Odor

Spontaneous order may have its own unique purposes and effects, but victory loves preparation. It seems the forum is much more in a reaction state than a proactive state. Freedom will not meet us half-way, we will have to take it.

What we have are message boards here and at Daily Paul to generate activism, which is not very efficient. There's too many passionate Ron Paul supporters out there who are not on Ron Paul Forums or Daily Paul and unless we can bring everyone in under an umbrella, our organizational capabilities will be limited.

well there's two defined objectives in which we can use unified efforts to change - efficiency and organization. If we cannot organize a smaller group, then how will we ever organize a larger group?

Does anyone else see the division in this statement? I don't have to completely agree with Libertarians or Ron Paul to find a common ground of freedom.

Does this help you? http://www.paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1009&Itemid=50

Not really, it's not that I don't agree with the principles, its about how to get America back to these principles.

A Big Tent supports many flavors. Defining a single one (for the OP) isn't easy or needed. We can focus on core values that everyone agrees with.

I am not looking for "different" flavors and I understand the core values. My post was about defining courses of actions that we can undertake in order to make the core values the core of America.

Read the mission statement. We are here to elect Paul and ancillary is to pick other candidates in his likeness.

Saved the best for last... Show where it is stated in this Mission Statement that we are here here to elect Paul or any candidate?

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

It's hard to have initiatives without having defined goals and objectives. The LFRP have defined objectives and took the initiative. That was the objective of the OP, but I think I missed my target.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Campaign for Liberty was suppose to be our organizational tool but it has been an utter failure when you compare it to other organizations like FreedomWorks. C4L has been great in states where the campaign has always had a presence like Iowa and Nevada but they never organized it effectively to extend nationally.

FreedomWorks is great at mobilizing their grassroots in actually doing something. When FW says to call your Senators regarding Issue X, they have a system in place to record how many people call and they usually get hundreds of calls. What we have are message boards here and at Daily Paul to generate activism, which is not very efficient.

There's too many passionate Ron Paul supporters out there who are not on Ron Paul Forums or Daily Paul and unless we can bring everyone in under an umbrella, our organizational capabilities will be limited.

FreedomWorks has been in existence on hell of a lot longer than C4L. They need a lot of improving, but sheesh, cut them a little slack. And the mobilization they did for pushing Ron Paul's Audit the FED legislation was pretty damned good. It they hadn't been mobilizing people to push it, do you honestly believe it would have gotten all those cosponsors? Hell no.

Plague-of-Locutus
06-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Spontaneous order may have its own unique purposes and effects, but victory loves preparation. It seems the forum is much more in a reaction state than a proactive state. Freedom will not meet us half-way, we will have to take it.

I hope you've been lurking on the forums for awhile longer than your join date. If you have been and it was throughout the majority of the primary and caucuses you would have without a doubt seen the unleashing of organization, brainstorming, constructive criticism, feedback on delegate battles won and lost along with some trolling.

This place organizes when its time to.

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
I hope you've been lurking on the forums for awhile longer than your join date. If you have been and it was throughout the majority of the primary and caucuses you would have without a doubt seen the unleashing of organization, brainstorming, constructive criticism, feedback on delegate battles won and lost along with some trolling.

This place organizes when its time to.

Oh I have been, but if you look at the primary and the caucuses, especially the more successful ones, a lot of preparation was spent on them. "organization, brainstorming, constructive criticism, feedback" done hastily leaves even less time to initiate and will create missed opportunities.

But as you read the posts from the last 2 months, how much constructive criticism have you seen? Do you consider the majority of replies for this post as constructive? I apologize if I piss people off by saying this, it is not my intention, but I think the forum could be much more productive than just giving donations and liking someone on Facebook.

Plague-of-Locutus
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
But as you read the posts from the last 2 months, how much constructive criticism have you seen?

It's open to interpretation, but I'm sure I could pull at least a hundred posts that contain something I deem as constructive.

Do you consider the majority of replies for this post as constructive?

I do. We have gone through the same line of second guessing ourselves each time we have come up short in whatever endeavor we've applied ourselves to. This is no different to me. To be honest, this is rather tame, heh.

I think the forum could be much more productive than just giving donations and liking someone on Facebook.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here that can account to how physically and mentally exhausting it is been while fighting the good fight. Whether it be the phone-from-home program, handing out brochures, leading the charge at various caucuses across various states. Sometimes people just need a break to recharge the batteries.

We're in a lull. Its not necessarily a waste of time or resources. Everyone has the capacity and freedom to be proactive as you suggest. You always have more indians than chiefs.

jemuf
06-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Because I'm an a-hole allow me to paraphrase,

"There seems to be a lack of understanding of the purpose of this forum. I can list the issues that many of us view as true dangers to our country, our freedoms, our morality, and our prosperity. But what is our goal and can we, as a group of individuals, define the necessary objectives to reach our goal?

We all have slight differences of opinion as to what the goal should be, but there are basically common principles for which we all stand. Can we define them? If not, then we were just individuals and not a movement. However, if we can define our goal...and we have ability, motivation, competence, and fortitude to overcome every roadblock, deceitful act, and malicious deed; then as a movement, we can expatriate those who have conspired to destroy the foundation of our country.

When observing the conventions and the repugnant Establishment attempts to subvert and enfeeble the voice of a nation, a concept has been reinforced. The status quo collectivism, although formidable, is not unsurpassable.

So how was the Establishment hindered at the conventions? With organization, defined objectives, and unified effort.

With all the diversified skills that members of this forum possess, can we not, like the Ron Paul delegates at the conventions, organize ourselves to achieve our goals?"

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
ok, so I'm an a-hole. That changes nothing but your post reiterates my point.

MelissaCato
06-27-2012, 04:55 AM
I think too many people are trying to damage our devoted energy n efforts. Like we've accomplished nothing BS.