PDA

View Full Version : Odd Dominion: Did Ron Paul supporters torpedo Bill Bolling's political career?

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:04 AM
http://www.c-ville.com/Article/The_Odd_Dominion/Odd_Dominion_Did_Ron_Paul_supporters_torpedo_Bill_ Bollings_political_career/?z_Issue_ID=11802506124615334

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Goodie!

atomicsink
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
That author seems butt hurt. Love the comments section though. :)

coastie
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Goodie!

I disagree. I'll explain.

I'm not disagreeing with the American Voters that torpedoed his career...we really need to get off of this "ROn Paul Supporters this", and "Ron Paul supporters that".

This isn't about Ron Paul-he's even said so himself. This is why I fear this will go nowhere in Tampa-they've already singled out "the bad guys" as "Ron Paul supporters".

The public will buy it hook, line and sinker(they already have). I talk to people a lot, and I've heard nothing but negatives when someone prefaces their comment with "Ron Paul supporters". Grouping us into, well, groups enables us more as targets than anything else. This is why in war it's best to just label a group of people you want out of your way, and voila! your soldiers will slaughter them happily. After all, they are the enemy with a name, no longer just civilians.

They NEVER refer to "Mitt Romney supporters", or "Obama Supporters"...not because they just don't exist, you see, but because that's what "America" wants(as defined by the MSM), is just those two. Everyone who votes for "one of the team" is not labeled, because they're doing what they are told, and they've been conditioned to vote for the person-not necessarily his ideals.

We are not "Ron Paul supporters." We are Americans that vote, and we're sick and tired of the steaming pile of shit this country has become. PERIOD.

Ron Paul was just the catalyst, it is up to us to change hearts and minds now, he will not be allowed to do it himself.

atomicsink
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Counterpoint: The neocon has 15% of the vote in a recent poll. The Ron Paul movement backed candidate has 40%. That is according to the neocon journalist's own article. Of course there is going to be sour grapes if we keep making inroads, but that is the only option. To put real conservatives and liberty candidates into office we have to kick the neocons out, and the neocons aren't gonna go quietly or happily. The reality behind the event in article is 100% win.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
^^^
Coastie has a good point.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Counterpoint: The neocon has 15% of the vote in a recent poll. The Ron Paul movement backed candidate has 40%. That is according to the neocon journalist's own article. Of course there is going to be sour grapes if we keep making inroads, but that is the only option. To put real conservatives and liberty candidates into office we have to kick the neocons out, and the neocons aren't gonna go quietly or happily. The reality behind the event in article is 100% win.

Yes, we keep going, but that doesn't mean we have to self-identify as RP supporters.

TheTexan
06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
You can throw steak sauce, shit loads of BBQ sauce, maybe some butter, and a shitload of Texas' Ranch Fixins Steak Dust seasoning on there to hide the freedom taste, but it's the freedom they don't like.

If the goal is to get people to like you, just quit supporting freedom.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Cooch!

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2012, 11:10 AM
^^^
Coastie has a good point.
Definitely, I've been against furthering ourselves by keeping the RP republican meme going. I was just happy that Billy boy took one in the nuts.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Definitely, I've been against furthering ourselves by keeping the RP republican meme going. I was just happy that Billy boy took one in the nuts.

If we have any way to distinguish ourselves from the supporters of the self proclaimed constitutionalist, Santorum, we will be demonized. I'm keeping Ron Paul Republican as some keep 'Reagan Republican' or Goldwater Republican, etc. Ron best speaks for me.

KingRobbStark
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
If we have any way to distinguish ourselves from the supporters of the self proclaimed constitutionalist, Santorum, we will be demonized. I'm keeping Ron Paul Republican as some keep 'Reagan Republican' or Goldwater Republican, etc. Ron best speaks for me.

Yes sir! Its our way of distinguishing ourselves from the trash, and its also a great way of keeping us together.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 11:19 AM

Have to spread some around...

affa
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
This isn't about Ron Paul-he's even said so himself. This is why I fear this will go nowhere in Tampa-they've already singled out "the bad guys" as "Ron Paul supporters".

There is nothing we can do about that. We're headed up against TPTB, and they have the media in their back pocket. We will always be the bad guys. Always. Even when we get assaulted, it'll get spun as 'Ron Paul supporter in the middle of a disruption at...'.