PDA

View Full Version : I Just Lost an Incredible Amount of Respect for the Washington Times

Paul Revered
06-26-2012, 02:05 AM
As a lifelong Republican, I just lost an incredible amount of respect for the Washington Times.

=================================================
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

h xxxp://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/26/ron-paul-supporters-banned-gop-convention/

What a HACK!

Sola_Fide
06-26-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm just sayin...

Brooklyn born, Long Island raised, and now living in Los Angeles, Eric Golub is a politically conservative columnist, blogger, author, public speaker, satirist and comedian.

Eric is the author of the book trilogy "Ideological Bigotry, "Ideological Violence," and "Ideological Idiocy." Eric is 100% alcohol, tobacco, drug, and liberalism free. After years of dating liberals, he has finally seen the light and now only dates Republican Jewish women. His family is pleased over this. Republican, Jewish women, you may contact Eric above.

Paul Revered
06-26-2012, 02:20 AM
I was looking at Wiki as you were posting this. I was trying to find his age. From the looks of his picture, I was a registered Republican before he was born.

Paul Revered
06-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I think that I might have found it.

Eric M Golub
Eric Golu
Eric Marc Golub

40 Los Angeles, CA

http://www.peoplefinders.com/search/searchpreview.aspx?searchtype=people-name&fn=Eric&ln=Golub&mn=&city=&state=CA

He is a former stockbroker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Golub

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/NFA-images/hdr-nfa.gif

Regulatory Actions
ERIC MARC GOLUB NFA ID: 0316740
This page includes information regarding the Case History of these matters concerning the person or firm you are researching. It may also include the Outcome if the cases have been resolved regarding this person or firm.
Just like in all legal proceedings, when regulatory actions are resolved, it is almost always by settlement, not adjudication. A settlement may result in the imposition of a penalty without a determination of the merits of the charges or formal findings of wrongdoing. If the particular matter you are interested in has been resolved, please refer to the Narrative, and for certain NFA cases, the decision as provided in the Case Documents summary, to see whether it was adjudicated or settled.

Contributor Case # Action Type Effective Date Case Outcome
NFA 08BCC00017 SALES PRACTICE
GENERAL CONDUCT
08/12/2009 PERMANENT BAR FROM NFA MEMBERSHIP
TEMPORARY WITHDRAWAL FROM NFA ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP 6 YRS
PERMANENT BAR FROM PRINCIPAL STATUS
OTHER--SEE NARRATIVE

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseInfo.aspx?entityid=0316740&type=reg

liberdom
06-26-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty sure he's joking, because he knows it's not legal. And hardly enforceable.

Weston White
06-26-2012, 03:17 AM
Well according to the comments on that Website posted in regards to his contrived little article, the old adage “when it rains, it pours” is proven yet again true, as that self-obsessing twit is now one drenched fool.

The fact remains, the GOP is no longer representative of American fundaments; thus, Ron Paul is patriotically slamming down the politic-reset-button and we are all right there behind him as REPUBLICANS.

If Mr. Golub does not finding himself enjoying this new reality then he can go off and start his own party, the Golub’s Women for Ideological Jewish Bigots Party (GWIJBP for short).

liberdom
06-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Well according to the comments on that Website posted in regards to his contrived little article, the old adage “when it rains, it pours” is proven yet again true, as that self-obsessing twit is now one drenched fool.

The fact remains, the GOP is no longer representative of American fundaments; thus, Ron Paul is patriotically slamming down the politic-reset-button and we are all right there behind him as REPUBLICANS.

If Mr. Golub does not finding himself enjoying this new reality then he can go off and start his own party, the Golub’s Women for Ideological Jewish Bigots Party (GWIJBP for short).

He hardly invented the idea of banning Ron Paul supporters from GOP, I'm sure if they legally could, they would, not so much because they fear losing, but simply because some people don't like to hear dissenting voices. Eric wrote the article to prey on the reaction of Ron Paul supporters hoping to get some twitter hits so he can then say "HAHA, look at you internet kids who fell for my trap, I knew I'd get your reaction". He's has no power to do anything about the GOP convention, if anything, he's given a free plug to the "libertarian love fest", and I think he deserves a pat on the back. Remember, he's a satirist :)

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 04:51 AM
No, I don't think he is kidding at all.

I did find various parts of it hilarious though. Such as this:

Again, the newer Libertarians are too conservative for the Democrats fiscally and far to the left of most Republicans on foreign policy.

Let's see, the establishment Republicans are following the leftist Democrat Woodrow Wilson's foreign policy of "spreading democracy around the world" at the point of a gun, and they believe that is not leftist? ROFLMAO. Uh, boys, it's you who are the leftists. We are here to return the Republican Party and the country back to its constitutional, non-interventionist roots.

UWDude
06-26-2012, 05:25 AM
White people do not get to lead NAACP dinners.

Just a historical note: the NAACP was founded mostly by white people.

Badger Paul
06-26-2012, 05:28 AM
A lot of Republicans think Romney is basically a moderate Democrat. Should we ban him too?

kathy88
06-26-2012, 05:54 AM
The actual headline reads "Paul Supporters are Not Republicans and They Should Not Attend the GOP Convention

hxx p://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/26/ron-paul-supporters-banned-gop-convention/

However, their event ends on August 26th. The GOP Convention begins on August 27th. The GOP Convention is a Republican Convention. It is a Mitt Romney Convention.

It is not a Ron Paul or Libertarian Convention.

Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable at this point to ban Ron Paul supporters from the GOP Convention.

That's right. An outright ban on their presence is the only way to prevent the event from turning into a debacle. There is no legitimate reason at this point for them to be there.

Conventions, for better or worse, are no longer nominating events. Nominees are chosen through the primaries. The conventions are coronations for the winners of the primaries. To the victor go the spoils.

torchbearer
06-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Remove the term Ron Paul and Libertarian and insert Jew and Blacks and you'd see how hateful that person is...

Weston White
06-26-2012, 06:12 AM
He's has no power to do anything about the GOP convention, if anything, he's given a free plug to the "libertarian love fest", and I think he deserves a pat on the back. Remember, he's a satirist :)

But the readers of the Washington Times just might be influenced by this utter crock, regardless of what either his or the Washington Times intentions are.

SilenceDewgooder
06-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see

The conventions are coronations for the winners of the primaries.

Coronation: the act or occasion of crowning - Synonyms: enthronement

So, I guess that would actually put us at a crossroad - we can bow before our new King or we can show them the other half...

cajuncocoa
06-26-2012, 06:22 AM
It's not a question of having a "right" to attend. It's a question of whether the GOP is the right "fit" for us. I keep saying no, and the author of this piece is making the same argument from the neocon side; that's all. They're neocons; we're not. It's like oil and water.

specsaregood
06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
But the readers of the Washington Times just might be influenced by this utter crock, regardless of what either his or the Washington Times intentions are.

Ron Paul supporters are so easily trolled, its one of our biggest weaknesses.

green73
06-26-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm just sayin...

Brooklyn born, Long Island raised, and now living in Los Angeles, Eric Golub is a politically conservative columnist, blogger, author, public speaker, satirist and comedian.

Eric is the author of the book trilogy "Ideological Bigotry, "Ideological Violence," and "Ideological Idiocy." Eric is 100% alcohol, tobacco, drug, and liberalism free. After years of dating liberals, he has finally seen the light and now only dates Republican Jewish women. His family is pleased over this. Republican, Jewish women, you may contact Eric above.

What.a.tool.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Washington Times blogger troll. He (Golub) constantly fishes for hits with over-the-top junk about Ron Paul. See the links in this thread (all from the same person):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376874-Washington-Times-quot-Ron-Paul-says-stuff!-Supporters-cheer-world-%28atlas%29-shrugs-quot

torchbearer
06-26-2012, 06:40 AM
oh, it read like a letter to an editor from Joe on the street. the quality of writing has definitely gone down.

Cowlesy
06-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Can't anyone setup a blog space on the communities page?

I don't see why people get their feathers ruffled over this guy.

He gets a C+/B- for trolling Ron Paul supporters, getting them to increase the viewings of his musings.

cajuncocoa
06-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Taking over the GOP in the manner that some Ron Paul supporters have done may be within the rules and legitimate, but it's also been very sneaky and a little dishonest.

It's really no different than if some Marxist Dems tried to infiltrate the GOP (or Santorum Repubs infiltrated the DNC) from the inside. The GOP is not who we are, and doing this the way it's been done is also not who we are... it's like saying "we can't beat you in an election, so we're going to take over and occupy your party." It's no different from the way the establishment GOP conducts foreign policy when you think about it.

fisharmor
06-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Taking over the GOP in the manner that some Ron Paul supporters have done may be within the rules and legitimate, but it's also been very sneaky and a little dishonest.

It's really no different than if some Marxist Dems tried to infiltrate the GOP (or Santorum Repubs infiltrated the DNC) from the inside. The GOP is not who we are, and doing this the way it's been done is also not who we are... it's like saying "we can't beat you in an election, so we're going to take over and occupy your party." It's no different from the way the establishment GOP conducts foreign policy when you think about it.

So I'm not sure if you're familiar with the "gun in the room" metaphor....
but basically we're all in a room together, and there's a gun, and the state picks up the gun and puts it to our heads every day, on every topic.
And it says that if we don't do exactly what it says, it's going to pull the trigger. And the loved ones of the person who just had his skull emptied aren't even going to be able to collect the insurance money to bury him. While they're at it, they're probably going to confiscate any resources the dead man had.

This election is all just an argument over who gets to hold the gun.
So your arguments about infiltration and sneaking around don't hold any moral water.

Philhelm
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
So I'm not sure if you're familiar with the "gun in the room" metaphor....
but basically we're all in a room together, and there's a gun, and the state picks up the gun and puts it to our heads every day, on every topic.
And it says that if we don't do exactly what it says, it's going to pull the trigger. And the loved ones of the person who just had his skull emptied aren't even going to be able to collect the insurance money to bury him. While they're at it, they're probably going to confiscate any resources the dead man had.

This election is all just an argument over who gets to hold the gun.
So your arguments about infiltration and sneaking around don't hold any moral water.

Also, a righteous man is not obligated to show honor to non-human spawns of evil.

thoughtomator
06-26-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Case.aspx?entityid=0316740&case=08BCC00017&contrib=NFA

This guy has no credibility, someone ought to send this along to whoever hired him at WashTimes

No1butPaul
06-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Ugh ...

Friends of Gary ‏@Grassroots4Gary
Memo to Ron Paul Supporters: You are not welcome in the GOP. SO JOIN US! hxx p://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/26/ron-paul-supporters-banned-gop-convention/ @RonPaul @GovGaryJohnson #tcot #tlot #GJ2012

Memo to Friends of Gary: We ARE the GOP, the old guard just isn't leaving quietly.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Remove the term Ron Paul and Libertarian and insert Jew and Blacks and you'd see how hateful that person is...

I'm turning that into a comment....

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm having a bit of an uneasy feeling over some of the statements I see.

In the "Arkansas disses Paul" thread we don't like how they say things about Paulites, but he is right that on the forums (internet) "They call us Rhino's" and say "They are going to take over the party and kick us out", but..then we blame them for being scared and trying to block us.

The golden rule needs to be applied here. Put yourself, just for a moment, in their place 30 years from now.

Are we trying to get out a message and convert others asking them to wake up? Wake up to what, "Us taking over and kicking them out" or "this is what real conservatism and constitutinality and liberty is all about"?

Are they correct in all of their fears? I'm not talking about those that are at the top and illegally preventing our delegates, I'm talking about those that "think" they are doing right and trying to go by the rules. In the video on the Arkansas thread, the guy said, "They are doing it right, but it's immoral".

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm having a bit of an uneasy feeling over some of the statements I see.

In the "Arkansas disses Paul" thread we don't like how they say things about Paulites, but he is right that on the forums (internet) "They call us Rhino's" and say "They are going to take over the party and kick us out", but..then we blame them for being scared and trying to block us.

The golden rule needs to be applied here. Put yourself, just for a moment, in their place 30 years from now.

Are we trying to get out a message and convert others asking them to wake up? Wake up to what, "Us taking over and kicking them out" or "this is what real conservatism and constitutinality is all about"?

Are they correct in all of their fears? I'm not talking about those that are at the top and illegally preventing our delegates, I'm talking about those that "think" they are doing right and trying to go by the rules. In the video on the Arkansas thread, they guy said, "They are doing it right, but it's immoral".

It is really circular, because when they break our guys's fingers when he is elected rules chair and they don't like it, that kinda leads to an us against them mood... but I agree that 'take over' statements don't help us to be effective.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 08:58 AM
It is really circular, because when they break our guys's fingers when he is elected rules chair and they don't like it, that kinda leads to an us against them mood... but I agree that 'take over' statements don't help us to be effective.

I completely understand the anger and disgust over the illegal and improper behaviour, but I'm having a problem with us "grouping" all GOP's in the same boat. We are not about "grouping", but individuals, and individuals need to be held accountable, not groups.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Perhaps that is why Ron Paul keeps saying we need to be courteous and not rude, but not stand down when we are right.
The end does not justify the means, and we want to bring them along, when possible.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Perhaps that why Ron Paul keeps saying we need to be courteous and not rude, but not stand down when we are right.
The end does not justify the means, and we want to bring them along, when possible.

And I always agree. however, yelling to be heard over a mic when people are ignoring your rights under the rules is not rude imho. Booing should find a different outlet (Ron Paul would have been a better chant than booing Romney's son and would have been harder to spin when Josh broke the rules electioneering at the conventions -- but you have to have that planned in advance. I noted the 'USA' chants drowning out the 'RonPaul' chants at the end of the convention in Louisiana and thought that was a nice touch...)

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 09:13 AM
And I always agree. however, yelling to be heard over a mic when people are ignoring your rights under the rules is not rude imho. Booing should find a different outlet (Ron Paul would have been a better chant than booing Romney's son and would have been harder to spin when Josh broke the rules electioneering at the conventions -- but you have to have that planned in advance. I noted the 'USA' chants drowning out the 'RonPaul' chants at the end of the convention in Louisiana and thought that was a nice touch...)

I agree completely, I think everyone has a right to be heard, and I am in no way defending the improper handling of many of these conventions by those in power.

I have a problem with our vitrol online at times that gives "them" a group mentatlity toward us and promotes a group mentatlity in us toward "them".

I have read articles before where they say "everyone that is not awake is our enemy, until they awaken, because they aid the enemy". While that seems true on the surface, caution is needed. For instance, there is a difference in "join the military to help others and protect our country" and "Let's go kick some raghead ass".

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I agree completely, I think everyone has a right to be heard, and I am in no way defending the improper handling of many of these conventions by those in power.

I have a problem with our vitrol online at times that gives "them" a group mentatlity toward us and promotes a group mentatlity in us toward "them".

I have read articles before where they say "everyone that is not awake is our enemy, until they awaken, because they aid the enemy". While that seems true on the surface, caution is needed. For instance, there is a difference in "join the military to help others and protect our country" and "Let's go kick some raghead ass".

Yeah. Sheeple is one of my cringe words.

LibertyEagle
06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Nah, just leave it alone. The guy is an idiot. Just let him fade away into obscurity.

By the way, the TS may want to break the link so that we are not driving more traffic to this article.

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
What did you expect, WT is just a mouthpiece for the Zionist neocons to spew their propaganda.

RecoveringNeoCon
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/26/ron-paul-supporters-banned-gop-convention/

"However, their event ends on August 26th. The GOP Convention begins on August 27th. The GOP Convention is a Republican Convention. It is a Mitt Romney Convention.

Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable at this point to ban Ron Paul supporters from the GOP Convention."

Bwahahahahah! :D

jmdrake
06-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Just a historical note: the NAACP was founded mostly by white people.

LOL +rep

emazur
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
You have to get approved first but anyone can write articles for WT Communities. There's at least one great pro-Paul author

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/jun/26/ron-paul-supporters-banned-gop-convention/

"However, their event ends on August 26th. The GOP Convention begins on August 27th. The GOP Convention is a Republican Convention. It is a Mitt Romney Convention.

Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable at this point to ban Ron Paul supporters from the GOP Convention."

Bwahahahahah! :D

Why on earth are taxpayers paying $18 million for a 'Mitt Romney convention'?

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2012, 10:12 AM
It's all good, this writer can reimburse the RP campaign's $39 mill plus all pac money that has been spent in the GOP primary then. Either way, once we get to the other side of this convention, we can move forward as constitutional conservatives and not be bogged down by the Ron Paul label. Not trying to disparage Ron in the least, he's accomplished his personal task in my eyes. We just have to carry the momentum forward and by the next state convention or two we could have reclaimed 25 state parties or more.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:16 AM
It's all good, this writer can reimburse the RP campaign's $39 mill plus all pac money that has been spent in the GOP primary then. Either way, once we get to the other side of this convention, we can move forward as constitutional conservatives and not be bogged down by the Ron Paul label. Not trying to disparage Ron in the least, he's accomplished his personal task in my eyes. We just have to carry the momentum forward and by the next state convention or two we could have reclaimed 25 state parties or more.

Personally, I will continue to consider myself a Ron Paul Republican, and will look to where Ron is going after Congress, he is simply the best by such a wide margin. Hopefully others will begin to close that margin over time, and new people will come up from the ranks.

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Personally, I will continue to consider myself a Ron Paul Republican, and will look to where Ron is going after Congress, he is simply the best by such a wide margin. Hopefully others will begin to close that margin over time, and new people will come up from the ranks.
I was just thinking in terms of coalition building, seems like us locally had better success at it when we were just the Campaign for Liberty rather than RP republicans. Also, I never paint Bentivolio as an RP republican to an average republican, only to those that know what's up or democrats.

P3ter_Griffin
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
This writer is a total tool. All his articles are basically the same; demean Paul and his supporters in hopes he gets some attention from Paul supporters.

cheapseats
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
...we can move forward as constitutional conservatives and not be bogged down by the Ron Paul label...

MARCH, two, three, four . . . to the RIGHT, two, three, four . . .

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM

quit just taking pot shots at people.

Jimi
06-26-2012, 11:02 AM
What did you expect, WT is just a mouthpiece for the Zionist neocons to spew their propaganda.

+rep
This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the WT link. I quit exposing myself to their propaganda a long long time ago. And that goes for the NYT and anyone else that's considered mainstream. I don't care to add to their hit counters. They might get the wrong idea and think they are still relevant if people read them.

FSP-Rebel
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes: you're extra proud of that one hmm

Smitty
06-26-2012, 03:40 PM
,...by Eric Golub,..."oy!",...*shakin' head*

WhistlinDave
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Well I'm bad at being concise, especially when pissed off by a moron, so it's a little long, but here is the comment I just left on that pile of manure:

Eric, judging by your decidedly un-Republican view of how elections are supposed to go, I wonder, are you one of the defendants in the lawsuit against the GOP, RNC, et. al., for all the myriad instances of assault, intimidation, cheating, and election fraud carried out by those mindless Romneybots who are so loyal to "party" and "unity" that they have completely forsaken every ounce of integrity they might've once had? I'm guessing you are. Because your attitude that the party insiders, not the people, choose the nominee, is exactly why so many insiders in the GOP are now on the receiving end of said lawsuit, and why so many of them will soon thereafter find themselves in Federal prison for their criminal behavior.

If there is anyone who should be banned from the convention, it is people like you who do not even know the meaning of the word "Republic" and instead think it is their place to dictate to everyone else what label they should wear and how they should vote. Your views are a joke, and a bad one at that. I would recommend you move to China, North Korea, or Iran, since you think a dictatorship is a better place to live than a democratic republic.

Lastly, since you are sorely confused about who is entitled to be a Republican and who isn't, I will leave you with the immortal words of Ronald Reagan: "If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

"Now, I can’t say that I will agree with all the things that the present group who call themselves Libertarians in the sense of a party say, because I think that like in any political movement there are shades, and there are libertarians who are almost over at the point of wanting no government at all or anarchy. I believe there are legitimate government functions. There is a legitimate need in an orderly society for some government to maintain freedom or we will have tyranny by individuals. The strongest man on the block will run the neighborhood. We have government to insure that we don’t each one of us have to carry a club to defend ourselves. But again, I stand on my statement that I think that libertarianism and conservatism are traveling the same path."

I suppose you think you are smarter than Ronald Reagan? In that second paragraph, the tyranny he describes sounds just like your article. Truly pitiful, Eric.

sailingaway
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Well I'm bad at being concise, especially when pissed off by a moron, so it's a little long, but here is the comment I just left on that pile of manure:

Nice comment, but I suspect he can't read.

Revolution9
06-26-2012, 04:29 PM

And yer gonna be LEFT out...five..six..seven..eight..

Rev9

NorfolkPCSolutions
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Does it appear likely that RP and his supporters/delegates will be geiven any kind of voice at the convention - at all? If so, the joke is on the author of the article, isn't it?

Marky
06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Eric Golub is a self described neocon. His main agenda is to attack Muslim countries and keep the war machine going. He is the epitome of scum.

WhistlinDave
06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Nice comment, but I suspect he can't read.

LOL You might be right.

Gravik
06-26-2012, 08:13 PM

Lol.

tangent4ronpaul
06-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm turning that into a comment....

AWESOME!

+rep

-t

RickyJ
06-26-2012, 08:27 PM
He calls it a private event, yet it is funded with federal tax payer dollars. It doesn't sound very private to me.

RileyE104
06-26-2012, 08:31 PM
"There is no legitimate reason at this point for them to be there."

Umm... Other than the fact that they were DULY ELECTED as delegates and alternates?

Lucille
06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2012/06/kicking-out-paulites.html

...By all means, the Republicans should kick out the libertarians, the constitutionalists, the nationalists, and the fiscally sane. I think it would be fantastic. It's long past time they joined a party genuinely devoted to freedom, the principles of the Founding Fathers, and the American national interest anyhow.

But what is it with neocons and their obsession with playing ideological police and kicking people out of organizations, movements, and political parties? Buckley did it, Lowry did it, and here this Golub is calling for it. It is increasingly apparent that permitting people who have ideologically "seen the light" at some point in their lives to assume positions of influence in their new party is a tremendously bad idea. If you were ever a Democrat, or worse, a Trotskyite or Socialist, that's great if you eventually came to your senses and moved rightward. But you should not be permitted any leadership position or provided a voice in the right-wing media. After all, why on Earth should anyone else on the Right, who was never dumb enough to fall for any left-wing nonsense in the first place, pay your belatedly sane opinion any attention whatsoever?

Drex
07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
What does make you a Republican? Going to the courthouse and signing up to become one? Hmmm.. well I guess they're all REPUBLICANS! Author is butthurt....

ShaneEnochs
07-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm an Independent. I could care less what the GOP or the Democrats want.

Anti Federalist
07-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Republican Jewish women

I was unaware there was such an animal.

TIL that oxymorons actually live.

BamaAla
07-25-2012, 06:14 PM
What does make you a Republican?

I'm sure Mr. Golub would say one must disavow any allegiance to the United States and redirect it to the great almighty Israel.

Teenager For Ron Paul
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
You had respect for the Washington Times?