PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter Steps Up For The Constitution

anaconda
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
He sounds pretty appalled with the administration. I was under the impression he was very pro Obama previously. Even playing the race card to vilify Obama's critics. But this is pretty cool. Maybe he's working for Romney's handlers...

http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-accuses-u-widespread-abuse-human-rights-154057442--abc-news-politics.html

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-25-2012, 08:31 PM
It isn't possible to commit contempt towards a law; however, it is always a greater contempt to pass a law in violation of the people's Civil Pupose. As *civil and human rights depend on the manipulations of the law, a natural right reduces on the physical level literally as it derives its power from a foundation. I submitted a thread contrasting the false powers which are political manipulations versus the true power which is foundational.

*Most people don't realize there is a difference between natural, civil, and human rights

Kluge
06-25-2012, 08:35 PM
He hired Brzezinski--don't trust the bastard at all.

phill4paul
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Who?

anaconda
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Who?

He used to be President of the U.S. a few decades back. During disco.

anaconda
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Part of the motivation for the OP is the irony of a globalist former Democratic President doing anything other than lauding the current criminal administration.

anaconda
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
a natural right reduces on the physical level literally as it derives its power from a foundation.

What type of foundation?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-25-2012, 08:48 PM
What type of foundation?

A foundation concerning the conscience. We aren't free because of any of the false powers of manipulation, but "the Truth will set you free." So, it wasn't war that set me free. It wasn't a lawyer arguing for me in court. It wasn't a legislature passing laws for my sake.

Kluge
06-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Part of the motivation for the OP is the irony of a globalist former Democratic President doing anything other than lauding the current criminal administration.

You're referring to yourself in third person?

Confusing and weird,

Slacker
06-25-2012, 09:07 PM
How many genocidal dictators did Jimmy Carter fund and prop up?

BattleFlag1776
06-25-2012, 09:07 PM

“Globalist” is the key word. IMO, he is just maintaining the role and showing that he is still worthy of his Nobel prize. "Stepping up for the Constitution" might be stretching it though I note your irony.

Of course, another reason might be that the Obama camp is unwilling to give his grandson a flashy job. I’m sure there are higher hopes for him than the GA State Senate.

anaconda
06-25-2012, 09:26 PM
A foundation concerning the conscience. We aren't free because of any of the false powers of manipulation, but "the Truth will set you free." So, it wasn't war that set me free. It wasn't a lawyer arguing for me in court. It wasn't a legislature passing laws for my sake.

I prefer the freedom to not be jailed or stood up before a firing squad. Can force not interfere with the application of these?

anaconda
06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
You're referring to yourself in third person?

Confusing and weird,

I meant to refer to the Original Post. Rather than Original Poster. So not third person. Also, my avatar is a complete coincidence.

phill4paul
06-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Ah yes. THAT guy.

Pauls' Revere
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM

^^this^^

Origanalist
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM

Coincidence? I think not, what an evil man..........

Zippyjuan
06-25-2012, 10:40 PM
The only "Foreign misadventure" I can recall from Carter was the falied attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran. He didn't have the "military adventurism" other presidents have had. He focused more on peace (Camp David accords for example).

Under "US Military Actions" Wiki also lists the US helping Belgian and French rescue opperations in Zaire with military transports. That is it for Mr. Carter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

heavenlyboy34
06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
He's one of the least bad of the lot, to be fair. Charles Burris has a good post (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/114281.html)today:

I must confess that I join many others in asserting that Jimmy Carter (http://www.amazon.com/Jimmy-Carter/lm/CT556030BBFJ/ref=cm_srch_res_rpli_alt_1/lewrockwell) is the best of our ex-presidents over the past half century. (Of course this is like saying he is the best former Mafia Don of the organized crime Syndicate, which is essential what he is and was.) Carter is not perfect, no one is. But his intellectual curiosity and integrity seem to have grown considerably since leaving office. His earnest commitments to such projects as Habitat for Humanity have been admirable.

Carter’s view on America and her place in the world have not calcified or become rigidly frozen as with Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes, or Clinton. He has been willing, repeatedly, to take rather bold unconventional positions (within the staid paradigm of the acceptable establishment political spectrum) on issues of the drug war, Palestine human rights, questions of war and peace, etc. For all of this he should be commended.
While he was president I strongly opposed his administration's policies (both foreign and domestic) and saw him as a Rockefeller stooge because of the open domination of his cabinet (and sub-cabinet) by members of the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations. Who can ever forget Zbigniew Brzezinski as national security advisor, double-digit inflation, or the Iranian hostage crisis?
But like Carter I have not remained stagnant in evaluating the world around us. Intense study of the "October Surprise" Scandal of 1980 (http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/xfile.html) and how the Reagan/Bush campaign (with aid from covert intelligence sources) essentially stole the election was one of the first elements of my reevaluation of Carter.
Then Walter Karp's illuminating (and very neglected) book, Liberty Under Siege: American Politics 1976-1988 (http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Under-Siege-American-1976-1988/dp/1879957116/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340654803&sr=8-1&keywords=karp+liberty+under+siege/lewrockwell), demonstrated that Carter was surrounded (engulfed) by enemies within the Democratic Party (left, right, and center) from the very beginning of his presidency, from Tip O'Neil, Ted Kennedy, Henry "Scoop" Jackson, the AFL-CIO on down. Jackson's wing of the party morphed into the neocons and have been the incubus, the cancerous beast which has devoured the American Republic.
As Murray Rothbard noted (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard60.html):
The burgeoning neocons were able to confuse and addle the Democratic Party by breaking with the Carter Administration, at the same time militantly and successfully pressuring it from within. The neocons formed two noisy front groups, the Coalition for a Democratic Majority and the Committee on the Present Danger. By means of these two interlocking groups and their unusual access to influential media, the neocons were able to pressure the Carter Administration into breaking the détente with Russia over the Afghanistan imbroglio and influencing Carter to get rid of the dove Cyrus Vance as Secretary of State and to put foreign policy power into the hands of the Polish émigré hawk and Rockefeller Trilateralist, Zbigniew Brzezinski. In the meantime, the neocons pushed the hysterically hawkish CIA "B" Team report, wailing about alleged Soviet nuclear superiority, which in turn paved the way for the vast gift of spending handed to the military-industrial complex by the incoming Regan Administration. The Afghanistan and "B" Team hysterias, added to the humiliation by the Ayatollah, managed not only to kill off the bedeviled Carter Administration, but also to put the boots to non-intervention and to prepare the nation for a scrapping of the "post-Vietnam syndrome" and a return to the warmongering of the pre-Vietnam Era.
Much revisionist revelations have surfaced that the real drive for deregulation of the economy, especially in telecommunications and transportation, actually began under Jimmy Carter (http://www.mises.org/daily/1544) and not the hallowed "free marketeer" Ronald Reagan (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard49.html).
These are just a few items to note. There should be many more dedicated and impartial revisionist scholarly studies which follow up on these points and more when evaluating Carter.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I prefer the freedom to not be jailed or stood up before a firing squad. Can force not interfere with the application of these?

The Truth shall set you free. This nation was established on a natural (right) law, not on civil (right) law. When setting up our nation, our Founders concerned themselves not with the prior traditions of legal precedence, the way things were done forever in the past, but such persecutions were abolished by the declaration of a natural law, the method of science in use during their time. Natural law was a metaphysical science in use before versus the modern science of theory in use now.
This is why I'm leading an American movement to reestablish metaphysical science in the United States. In doing so, I've submitted the equation (2+0)1/2 where 2 is equal to the law, 0 is equal to spontaneity, and 1/2 oscillates the two forces to a sum of 1.

LibForestPaul
06-26-2012, 12:20 PM
The Truth shall set you free. This nation was established on a natural (right) law, not on civil (right) law. When setting up our nation, our Founders concerned themselves not with the prior traditions of legal precedence, the way things were done forever in the past, but such persecutions were abolished by the declaration of a natural law, the method of science in use during their time. Natural law was a metaphysical science in use before versus the modern science of theory in use now.
This is why I'm leading an American movement to reestablish metaphysical science in the United States. In doing so, I've submitted the equation (2+0)1/2 where 2 is equal to the law, 0 is equal to spontaneity, and 1/2 oscillates the two forces to a sum of 1.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins aka Lyndon Larouche?

Justinfrom1776
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
While we may be in agreement on this issue, I fear this is just a ploy for Carter to paint Obama as a hawk/moderate for the jerk-off undecideds.

After the invasion of Iraq and the failure to find WMDs, then president Bush gave a speech. He said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) "Saddam Hussein is an evil man who tortures his enemies in secret prisons". As if to justify the war. I guess it's okay when we do it, right George. Right Barack?

Lafayette
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
How many genocidal dictators did Jimmy Carter fund and prop up?

Excuse me, i believe we call them "Freedom Supervisors" or "Democracy Overseers" now. Its the 2010's man, get with the program.

erowe1
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Good for Carter. But whatever it is he means to be standing up for, I doubt it's the Constitution.

ClydeCoulter
06-26-2012, 01:27 PM

I visualize that formula as a DC sine wave (not AC normalized, no output capacitor).

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Uncle Emanuel Watkins aka Lyndon Larouche?

Not unless he has a background in philosophy. A natural right isn't the same thing as a civil right.
Okay, let's put this to a test.
Rather than try to come up with a solution, I'm just going to speak from my heart. One of the main problems with our Democratic Republic is the unfair advantage the little states up in the northeastern part of the United States have over all the others. Because they still get to be represented by two senators even though they have such small populations, the northeastern part of the United States has the ability to utilize Washington DC as their own personal local government to their own benefit and to the detriment of the rest.
Now, the power comes from the truth. There is no reason to do anything. This is the theory of natural law. If someone already knows something in their conscience, there is no reason to do anything. Just walk away.
By making this a civil issue, then the civil right itself is established and the natural right loses its power. Our Founding Fathers argued this point.

jmdrake
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
He sounds pretty appalled with the administration. I was under the impression he was very pro Obama previously. Even playing the race card to vilify Obama's critics. But this is pretty cool. Maybe he's working for Romney's handlers...

http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-accuses-u-widespread-abuse-human-rights-154057442--abc-news-politics.html

Broken clock right twice a day. I may share this with my dem friends that still support Jimmy Carter. But Carter's covert actions in Afghanistan, designed to induce the Soviet Union to invade and have their own Vietnam, caused much death and devastation to that country and laid the foundation for Al Qaeda.

http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/

PierzStyx
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
The guy who raped the Constitution by forming the Department of Education and initiation mass brainwashing from a federal level (and possibly the dumbing down of Americans) has no room to talk. Carter was one of the worst Presidents of the 20th Century.

EDIT: Also, notice how he appeals to the UN Declaration of Human Rights for his justification and NOT the US Constitution. NWO bastard.

jmdrake
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
The guy who raped the Constitution by forming the Department of Education and initiation mass brainwashing from a federal level (and possibly the dumbing down of Americans) has no room to talk. Carter was one of the worst Presidents of the 20th Century.

Yeah. But his supporters can argue that such a move was at least well intentioned. There is no excuse with starting a civil war in someone else's country just so you can have another battleground to attack your enemy.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I visualize that formula as a DC sine wave (not AC normalized, no output capacitor).

Excellent visualization. Cutting to the chase, before it is brought up, some might use the two parts of male and female as an example. But my grandmothers did more with their ovaries than most young men are able to do with their testicles today. In other words, this equation goes beyond male and female as I think the differences in the sexes are more drama created by romance novels than by actual science.
In other words, a woman has the parts of a man withered inward. So the differing forces of male and female are more esoterically true than scientifically established.
As I've pointed out to my two sons, women shouldn't only be thought of as dangerous predators who eat meat, but respected as such. Indeed, as losers in the adaptation game, women are stuck with the estrogen and the baby.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM

EDIT: Also, notice how he appeals to the UN Declaration of Human Rights for his justification and NOT the US Constitution. NWO bastard.

Our Founding Fathers didn't reject the rule of a king as his authority was ordained rightfully sovereign by the Apostle Paul. In other words, as the Apostle Paul wasn't just a chosen vessel from God, but an Apostle as well, the *emperors and kings of the world should have obeyed his authority. After disobeying him, the Apostle Paul then said that Christians should continue obeying their authority even though it is false. Subtle point here.
The reason our Founders declared the king's authority as unjust wasn't because he was a king, or dictator, but because he was located too far away for his authority to be responsible. This gave our Founders just cause to divorce his authority and to remarry us to a more perfect union.
By our Founding Father's theory, president Obama and the Federal Government today have become the same kind of irresponsible tyranny as king George and England were once declared to have been in the past.

*This is why I don't write the word "emperor" in the higher case. Indeed, regarding authority, an emperor has authority over kings. But the Apostle Paul had authority over every emperor and king. So, the term emperor isn't formal.

Pericles
06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
“Globalist” is the key word. IMO, he is just maintaining the role and showing that he is still worthy of his Nobel prize. "Stepping up for the Constitution" might be stretching it though I note your irony.

Of course, another reason might be that the Obama camp is unwilling to give his grandson a flashy job. I’m sure there are higher hopes for him than the GA State Senate.

That - I knew it wasn't April 1st, so something else has to be up.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
That - I knew it wasn't April 1st, so something else has to be up.

Shoot, even when buying a jar of peanut butter, I don't think about former president Carter. I think just like everyone else. Who is going to give me free money? Who is going to give me free healthcare? Who is going to give me free food? And, lastly, who is going to tell me what I want to hear? I want to be told that I look pretty. I want to be told that everything is okay. Indeed, I want someone who will sweet talk me like a pimp.
Of course, this is a big job that goes beyond even the superpower ability of the golden voice himself, president Obama. To make up for it, he has hired despicable, loathsome characters in his administration as the complete antithesis of our Founding Fathers. Indeed, if you can't cloth the least of birds with feathers, then the next best thing is to pluck the whole flock of them naked. In the end, Obama can't lose. Either he will be known as the one who helped his own colored kind, (well, he did classify himself as a negro) or, to the contrary, he will be known as the one who finally dished it out back at the evil white man.
Welcome to the empire called BTA, my friends. The new Balkenized Territories of Afroamerica.