PDA

View Full Version : Youtube - Paul Festival Moneybomb!!

qwerty
06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-VsFEXo3o

reddit,

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/vl75j/paul_festival_moneybomb/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/vl75r/paul_festival_moneybomb/

http://www.reddit.com/r/R3VOLUTION/comments/vl76a/paul_festival_moneybomb/

parocks
06-25-2012, 02:27 PM
What?

parocks
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
This is embarrassing. Why does the grassroots have to keep doing embarrassing things? You're charging money for the tickets. Clearly that isn't working well. I thought the whole idea was that there aren't well known bands there because it's supposed to be a low key thing for the hardcore supporters. Not having to pay bands means that you don't have to spend that money.

Stop comparing this to Woodstock. Only YOU can't tell this is nothing like Woodstock. Woodstock had Great Bands.

SilenceDewgooder
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
well... my first Paul Festival video was better than that one... anywho... she does raise valid points about division, but it seems like she let her emotions get the best of her. Then again, who hasn't vented a little in the forums about the emotional roller coaster that we've been and still are on.

My tip to her...when asking for donations, focus on high points instead of pointing out faults. As the moneybomb stands now at $590 .. it was at $325 - 9 hrs ago..

PatriotOne
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
she does raise valid points about division

They should have thought of that before they didn't invite Rand and decided to invite those who stabbed Rand (Ron's own son!) in the back to be part of the festival.

I won't be contributing to the "Stab Ron Paul in the Heart-Fest" myself.

parocks
06-25-2012, 03:52 PM
They should have thought of that before they didn't invite Rand and decided to invite those who stabbed Rand (Ron's own son!) in the back to be part of the festival.

I won't be contributing to the "Stab Ron Paul in the Heart-Fest" myself.

Well, this one is the Crazy Fringe Ron Paul Supporter Festival. Having a money-bomb for an event that you're already selling tickets for just looks sad. I wouldn't go so far as to say "Stab Ron Paul". The idea that they're rather have Adam Kokesh who actively bad mouths Team Ron Paul, and Gary Johnson, who ran against Ron Paul, than Ron own son, who merely endorsed the accepted nominee after promising to do so, is weird, but that's not a big surprise.

There is merit to having a place where a lot of Ron Paul people can park and RV or camp, nearby a lot of other Ron Paul supporters for 7 days. I support that. Something worthwhile could possibly come from that. A beehive of productive activity could come from that parking lot, from Ron Paul town, on M-Th, during the convention. There's no real reason why the actual Paul Festival should be taking place on a Friday, but it's not a bad thing. Of course, begging for money because people I guess are not buying tickets just looks sad and pathetic, and that looks bad for Paul Festival, for Ron Paul Grassroots, and, to a lesser degree, Ron Paul, even though Ron Paul has distanced himself from this.

jbauer
06-25-2012, 04:29 PM
How long till the cancel this? I want to go to Tampa and see Ron speak but if its not at paulfest whats the point of going at all?

parocks
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
How long till the cancel this? I want to go to Tampa and see Ron speak but if its not at paulfest whats the point of going at all?

Well, Ron Paul will be speaking at his own event somewhere on Sunday. I'd assume Rand would be there as well. If I had to bet, I'd say Jordan Page would be there too.
That event will draw a lot of people. It will likely be free. Paul Festival apparently has no known bands, costs $77, requires a moneybomb ("attention, we're failing"), but does provide a place to stay (RV and camping) for 7 days. And, because it's smaller than the official Ron Paul event, you'll be certain that the people you talk to there will be hard core Ron Paul supporters, which will be of tremendous value to the people that are there. People have argued this, and I think it's entirely true.

Comparing Paul Festival to Woodstock is comical and embarrassing. The message should be that this parking lot is the best parking lot to hang out in on Friday and Saturday because it's full of Ron Paul Supporters. Some Ron Paul Supporters will want to hang out in a parking lot with other Ron Paul Supporters. That's nothing like Woodstock, but it most certainly does have merit. And Paul Festival is doing a lot of work to make it easy for people to get from wherever they are in the US to Tampa. The official Ron Paul campaign is not doing this work. Paul Festival is. Paul Festival is providing custom transportation and custom RV and camping. All of that has merit.

Sell the valuable stuff, that stuff. Not the "this is Woodstock" stuff.

parocks
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM

The point is that transportation costs are the same, and if you're going to go to Tampa anyway, you might as well do Paulfest for 2 days before the Ron Paul event.
It doesn't make Paul Festival into Woodstock though.

SilenceDewgooder
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM

So what happens when the day comes when Dr. Paul stops speaking? Are you done with Liberty? I doubt Dr. Paul will vary much from his speeches he has already given. So that leads me to think that you want to see Dr. Paul for the rockstar appeal... Just bc Dr. Paul may not be there (2 months away), doesn't mean we cannot send a message to the status quo and to rest of America.

Miguel
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
LIBERTY UNLEASHED PAC FEST!!!

Paul Festival is a fundraising project of the Liberty Unleashed PAC. All proceeds go to support efforts to elect liberty candidates. Liberty Unleashed PAC is not endorsed by any candidate or candidate's committee.

parocks
06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
So what happens when the day comes when Dr. Paul stops speaking? Are you done with Liberty? I doubt Dr. Paul will vary much from his speeches he has already given. So that leads me to think that you want to see Dr. Paul for the rockstar appeal... Just bc Dr. Paul may not be there (2 months away), doesn't mean we cannot send a message to the status quo and to rest of America.

Absolutely, the rockstar appeal, the fact that it's free, the fact that there will be tons of people there, excitement, an event, etc etc etc. There will be a lot of people at the Ron Paul event.

JK/SEA
06-25-2012, 07:14 PM
geezus...some people think too much. Some in this thread could talk themselves out of an orgasm i swear.

Miguel
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Why did gary johnson leave the GOP?

parocks
06-25-2012, 07:40 PM
geezus...some people think too much. Some in this thread could talk themselves out of an orgasm i swear.

think themselves out ...

Deborah K
06-25-2012, 08:29 PM
PARocks, I gotta tell ya, I'm really sick to death of your armchair quarter backing. This event is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to put on. The moneybomb is one of many avenues we're taking to bring in revenue. It's for big donors, and those who can't make the event but want to contribute and support it. Please stop with your ridiculous, unfounded accusations and criticisms. We're having enough trouble dealing with all the other roadblocks being thrown our way. We didn't make Rand endorse Mitt; we didn't cause the delay in signing the venue; we didn't start a competing event. All we're trying to do is bring people from all over the political spectrum to this event in a moment of celebration and unity.

And to you people accusing us of NOT inviting Rand - please show me where we said we weren't. What we said was that we were weighing the decision carefully.

Does the movement want this or not? Do you want to show the world what Ron has accomplished in his ability to bring diverse groups of people together like no one ever has before? If you do, then help us gitter done.

XTreat
06-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Donated 10 bucks.

Parocks often makes decent points but he is a huge asshole about it.

Parocks at this point everyone knows how you feel.

Parocks for the first time in over a year I am tired of reading your posts.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
PARocks, I gotta tell ya, I'm really sick to death of your armchair quarter backing.

No shit. It's rather pointless, unless parocks has some derailing agenda. Rather odd from someone selling music in RP's name. :rolleyes:

parocks
06-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Donated 10 bucks.

Parocks often makes decent points but he is a huge asshole about it.

Parocks at this point everyone knows how you feel.

Parocks for the first time in over a year I am tired of reading your posts.

Here's the problem. Back, what, 3,4,5 months ago, there was just so much more stuff to talk about. There were far, far, far more threads, there were far far far more people on those threads. Now, well, there's not as much going on, and it appears that Paul Festival wants to occupy as large a space on grassroots central as possible. So, if it's really easy to find many Paul Fest threads right at the top there, and if my time is staying constant, and the amount of traffic is down, it's just natural that my words on these threads are going to occupy a larger percentage than before.

You do have a valid point.

parocks
06-25-2012, 10:39 PM
No shit. It's rather pointless, unless parocks has some derailing agenda. Rather odd from someone selling music in RP's name. :rolleyes:

I'm being nice, and overall pro Paul Fest. 7 days of Ron Paul Town is potentially great. I don't know about derailing. I applaud those things that appear good and valuable and criticize those things I don't like. This is what is a message board is. People make comments on posts. There just seems to be more parocks when theres fewer people on the message board. Hasn't everybody noticed that the number of people using this message board has dropped off substantially very recently? Fewer threads, fewer people.