PDA

View Full Version : LAGOP Lawsuit

Tiso0770
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
A group of Ron Paul supporters are suing the Republican Party of Louisiana. The group says they're elected delegates to the Republican National Convention.

They claim different GOP's won't certify them because they won't drop their support for Paul. The suit includes several other state republican parties.

LAGOP Executive director Jason Dore says quote; "We have joined with the RNC to fight this frivolous lawsuit. This is just another feeble attempt by Ron Paul supporters to undermine the rules and systems in place and we're going to take this very seriously"

The RNC kicks off in late August, in Tampa Florida.

Link with local news video....

http://www.klfy.com/story/18850684/lagop-lawsuit

cajuncocoa
06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
This is just another feeble attempt by Ron Paul supporters to undermine the rules and systems in place From the accounts I read, seems the LA GOP undermined their own damned rules!!

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Dang, It wouldn't let me leave comments, I wanted to post this:

Ron Paul SHOULD have enough delegates to nominate him into contention and guarantee him a nominee speech at convention. The only way Ron Paul would NOT have a MAJORITY of delegates in at least five states is if the credentials committee cheats and doesn’t seat his delegates. For example, the Paul delegates in Louisiana are being challenged even though he had a supermajority of delegates to state convention where they were chosen, and won the Louisiana caucuses in a landslide. The party types tried to pretend they had changed the rules so no chair could be removed and it only took a third of the vote to pass, etc, but those rules ‘created’ by ignoring the majority vote at the rules committee which voted in a different chair, were never ratified because the self declared chair at the state convention was removed and replaced before that could happen.

Removal of the state chair required he ignore at least 3 motions or properly brought points of order, which was easy, since they were trying to break the rules and didn’t dare recognize activity from the floor where Paul delegates would carry the vote. The first 2:15 of this video shows those motions being made and is boring, but after that it is removal of the chair and a synopsis of why it would take a cheating credentials committee to refuse to seat the Paul delegation at Tampa. With LA, even ignoring OK where Paul delegates also should be seated, Paul has a MAJORITY of 5 states: NV, IA, ME, MN and Louisiana. Synopsis video of the LA State GOP convention here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k884ZKUNwbo

as I suggested in my thread about spreading this video *cough, cough* http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381250-NEEDED-FOR-RON-2B-NOMINATED-ON-FLOOR-SPREAD-TRUTH-RE-LA-amp-OK-BEFORE-TAMPA-spread-VIDEO

SilenceDewgooder
06-25-2012, 11:52 AM
"We have joined with the RNC to fight this frivolous lawsuit. This is just another feeble attempt by Ron Paul supporters to undermine the rules and systems in place and we're going to take this very seriously"

Someone get this guy a dictionary:

Frivolous - 1. Not having any serious purpose or value; 2. (of a person) Carefree and not serious.

Feeble - 1. Lacking physical strength, esp. as a result of age or illness; 2. (of a sound) Faint.

So basically he just said that a lawsuit that has no serious purpose or value and lacks strength will be taken very seriously.

Sorry, but I had to add this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1al4K3u2M

Tiso0770
06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
We need to tie all these video's into one video as proof to the judge of what happened step by step and then show video's of how the LAGOP tries to weasel out of it.

And if you noticed....he to used the word 'frivolous lawsuit', that will not hold good in a court of law.

FSP-Rebel
06-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Frivolous my foot..
http://i48.tinypic.com/rw2fzl.jpg

JacobSzumniak
06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I feel that pro Romney judges are gonna just scrap all our lawsuits -_-

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I feel that pro Romney judges are gonna just scrap all our lawsuits -_-

Some judges might be Dems. REgardless, the attorneys CHOSE the Santa Ana judge and my understanding from something or other is that he is considered to be a Constitutionalist.

SilenceDewgooder
06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Judge from Santa Ana - Per Wikipedia (not a favorite source of mine)

- After graduating from college, Carter accepted a commission in the United States Marine Corps. He was promptly dispatched into service in Vietnam during the Vietnam War where he fought in the Battle of Khe Sahn in 1968. Carter was released as a First Lieutenant following his service in Vietnam. His military awards and decorations include a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.

- Carter began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney with the Orange County District Attorney's Office in 1972 where he became the senior deputy district attorney in charge of the office's homicide division. Carter filed charges and was the initial prosecutor in the case of serial killer William Bonin, also known as "The Freeway Killer," who became the first person executed by lethal injection in California in 1996.

- was nominated by President Bill Clinton on June 25, 1998 to fill a seat vacated by William J. Rea. Carter was confirmed by the United States Senate on October 21, 1998, and received his commission the following day.[1] He now sits in the Southern Division of the Central District of California in Santa Ana, California.

- As a jurist, Carter is known for his intellect, courteous judicial demeanor, work ethic, and expertise in complex criminal cases.[3] Although he is assigned to the Central District of California, Carter also regularly sits by designation in the District of Idaho and on occasion in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and in the District of Guam.

- Between 2000 and 2001, Carter presided over the longest criminal trial in the history of the Central District of California.[6] This case involved the prosecution of more than forty alleged members of the Mexican Mafia on charges of murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to murder, extortion, robbery, and various drug trafficking and firearms crimes. Much of the case involved a triple homicide that occurred in 1998.[7]

The case was severed into three trials, with Carter presiding over each, and lasted for a combined 18 months. Following the conviction of Mariano "Chuy" Martinez on murder charges, the prosecution sought the death penalty, making it the first capital case to be tried in Los Angeles federal court since 1950.[8] A jury ultimately spared Martinez, sentencing him instead to life imprisonment.

ClydeCoulter
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Some judges might be Dems. REgardless, the attorneys CHOSE the Santa Ana judge and my understanding from something or other is that he is considered to be a Constitutionalist.

So, they are connected to the LFRP?

JacobSzumniak
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think they are connected at all. Maybe connected by similar political beliefs if that.

ClydeCoulter
06-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Where's the info on who is their judge taking the case? Is this not the only thread on the LA case?

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Where's the info on who is their judge taking the case? Is this not the only thread on the LA case?

My understanding, which MIGHT be incorrect, is that this case IS the Santa Ana case, they were just served.

RonRules
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Here's the Judge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_O._Carter

Carter is a "Double Bruin," having received both his bachelor's degree (B.A. cum laude 1967) and his law degree (J.D. 1972) from the University of California, Los Angeles.

After graduating from college, Carter accepted a commission in the United States Marine Corps. He was promptly dispatched into service in Vietnam during the Vietnam War where he fought in the Battle of Khe Sahn in 1968. Carter was released as a First Lieutenant following his service in Vietnam. His military awards and decorations include a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.

Carter began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney with the Orange County District Attorney's Office in 1972 where he became the senior deputy district attorney in charge of the office's homicide division. Carter filed charges and was the initial prosecutor in the case of serial killer William Bonin, also known as "The Freeway Killer," who became the first person executed by lethal injection in California in 1996.

In addition to his judicial functions, Carter has lectured fellow judges at the California Judges College, the Judicial Criminal Law Institute, and the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference. He also speaks frequently with judges abroad, including engagements in Brazil, Bosnia, China, the Philippines, and Malawi. Carter also teaches an undergraduate course on international narcotics trade at the University of California, Irvine, where he has received the school's Distinguished Professors Award three times, and has taught at Whittier Law School's Summer Abroad Program.

I'll do everything to attend these court hearings! Please post as soon as you know when the court hearing is.

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 02:43 PM
purportedly, his courtroom was specifically chosen by the plaintiff attorneys because he is viewed as a Constitutionalist

Tiso0770
06-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow!...."Carter was released as a First Lieutenant following his service in Vietnam. His military awards and decorations include a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart."

Well the judge earned my respect....Served in Vietnam....excellent!, That means he's doesn't take crap from nobody, Go get em judge.

kathy88
06-25-2012, 03:21 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sailingaway again.

RonRules
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
purportedly, his courtroom was specifically chosen by the plaintiff attorneys because he is viewed as a Constitutionalist

I believe that judges are selected at random, their case load permitting. We just got lucky.

He's also a Clinton appointee. I say that's a good thing, in this specific case.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
I believe that judges are selected at random, their case load permitting. We just got lucky.

He's also a Clinton appointee. I say that's a good thing, in this specific case.

yes, because he is less likely to be a republican partisan.

RonRules
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
yes, because he is likely to be a republican partisan.

Not sure what you meant, but I think he's likely to side with Ron Paul rather than Romney.

Throwing shambles in the GOP establishment is what any Democrat would like to do.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Not sure what you meant, but I think he's likely to side with Ron Paul rather than Romney.

Throwing shambles in the GOP establishment is what any Democrat would like to do.

when i say partisan, i mean someone who puts their party before all else. like the people who currently run the rnc and run romney's campaign.
if clinton appointed the guy, the judge is most likely not one of those people. if he is partisan, he is partisan for democrats. most likely, he was a high profile person who didn't offend democrats and earned ole billy or the local dems some political points in cali.

PatriotOne
06-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Just reading his latest tweets. Lawyers for RP have gone abolutely lunatic trying to get delegate info. Do not trust Benton. Do not trust Doug Wead (the Oracle told them not to trust Wead :rolleyes:). Do not trust Ron Paul when he says he doesn't support the lawsuit. The only people you can trust ARE Lawyers for Ron Paul so disregard EVERYTHING the campaign says Nat'l delegates and make sure you give them your names and personal info :rolleyes:. They have taken over the campaign from the evil-doers :rolleyes:.

I sure hope our Nat'l Delegates were told not to become part of this lawsuit!

The Oracle told him? Rolf!

USA_Patriot_Press‏@USA_Free_Press

The Facebook video conference remains online, so, facts sting Mr "Go For It" Doug Wead- The Oracle warned not to trust Mr Wead

Oh really now?

@tweetAmiracle Expose Jesse Benton and contact the delegates from Massachusetts. Later I will get as much contact info as possible

Uh huh....I'm sure that's what Jesse is trying to do :rolleyes:

Jesse Benton is trying to prevent Ron Paul from having 5 states required to have name put in nomination

And he knows this how? lol

@SmartPeople4Ron --The leader of the Mass delegates speaks with Jesse Benton several times per week and is under Benton's influence

Yeah..I'm sure that is Benton's plan :rolleyes:

DR Paul must have 5 States under Rule 40 for Delegates to put his name in nomination -Mass is the 5th State & Benton is trying to prevent it

Seriously...this is insanity and I pray our delegates didn't fall for it.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm glad someone is taking this to court. there hasn't been this kind of vote tampering since the black man was first allowed to vote in the south.
they haven't hanged any of our guys from trees or burned them on crosses yet, but they've used violence, intimidation and fraud in almost every state. this has to stop.

RonRules
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm glad someone is taking this to court. there hasn't been this kind of vote tampering since the black man was first allowed to vote in the south.

Wait till you see what I've got coming. I'll PM you a preview.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Wait till you see what I've got coming. I'll PM you a preview.

i recall reading one state gop put on a poll tax(though they didn't call it that) at the last minute to keep people from voting. that is straight from the history books.

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Just reading his latest tweets. Lawyers for RP have gone abolutely lunatic trying to get delegate info. Do not trust Benton. Do not trust Doug Wead (the Oracle told them not to trust Wead :rolleyes:). Do not trust Ron Paul when he says he doesn't support the lawsuit. The only people you can trust ARE Lawyers for Ron Paul so disregard EVERYTHING the campaign says Nat'l delegates and make sure you give them your names and personal info :rolleyes:. They have taken over the campaign from the evil-doers :rolleyes:.

I sure hope our Nat'l Delegates were told not to become part of this lawsuit!

The Oracle told him? Rolf!

The Facebook video conference remains online, so, facts sting Mr "Go For It" Doug Wead- The Oracle warned not to trust Mr Wead

Oh really now?

@tweetAmiracle Expose Jesse Benton and contact the delegates from Massachusetts. Later I will get as much contact info as possible

Uh huh....I'm sure that's what Jesse is trying to do :rolleyes:

Jesse Benton is trying to prevent Ron Paul from having 5 states required to have name put in nomination

And he knows this how? lol

@SmartPeople4Ron --The leader of the Mass delegates speaks with Jesse Benton several times per week and is under Benton's influence

Yeah..I'm sure that is Benton's plan :rolleyes:

DR Paul must have 5 States under Rule 40 for Delegates to put his name in nomination -Mass is the 5th State & Benton is trying to prevent it

Seriously...this is insanity and I pray our delegates didn't fall for it.

I already responded to this on a different thread. I am still waiting to see, and certainly would advise caution, but if the tweets are by an emotional research assistant at times who has no problem venting on twitter, that doesn't make a difference to my analysis so far.

sailingaway
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
i recall reading one state gop put on a poll tax(though they didn't call it that) at the last minute to keep people from voting. that is straight from the history books.

More than one state if you mean the sudden and new requirement that fees and dues have been paid.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
More than one state if you mean the sudden and new requirement that fees and dues have been paid.

yes, that is what i'm talking about. having to pay to vote in an election this isn't merely a straw poll is illegal. its a crime to do so.
On January 23, 1964, the U.S. ratified the 24th Amendment, prohibiting any poll tax in elections for federal officials.

torchbearer
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

PatriotOne
06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I already responded to this on a different thread. I am still waiting to see, and certainly would advise caution, but if the tweets are by an emotional research assistant at times who has no problem venting on twitter, that doesn't make a difference to my analysis so far.

Research assistants aren't allowed to go around twittering info about lawsuits all over the globe. If so, again, we got the stupidest.lawyer.ever if he allows research assistants to twitter about his lawsuits.