PDA

View Full Version : Another FarceBook knothead.

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
The only thing that would top this off is to have the state prosecute her for "terroristic threats" or some such nonsense.

"You're a paranoid nut, I have nothing to hide, I haven't broken any laws."

The bleating call of the "Boobus Americanus".

Chili's waitress fired after threatening to spit in food (and faces) of bad tippers on Facebook

24 June 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163871/Chilis-waitress-fired-threatening-spit-food-bad-tippers-Facebook.html

A waitress at a California outpost of Chili's has been fired for posting an angry rant on Facebook threatening to spit in the food and the faces of poor-tipping diners.

The mystery woman took to the social networking website to vent her outrage after a customer racked up a check worth $138 at the restaurant but only tipped her $5 or 3.6 per cent, according to the Daily Dot.

Letting off steam, the server, who appears to have worked at the Chili's in Pleasanton, wrote on her Facebook page: 'Next time you tip me $5 on a $138 bill, don't even bother coming in cause I'll spit in your food and then in your f****ing face you cheap b*****ds!!!!!!!!!!'

The restaurant chain confirmed on Wednesday that a young woman had been let go for 'violating social media guidelines', but refused to detail which social media rules were broken or how Chili's found out about her abusing rant.

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't understand why people use their real names and info when they do this kind of thing.

r3volution
06-24-2012, 08:03 PM
when she was hired they made her sign a contract stating she would not use "social media" to do things like this . lots of company do these days , she should have read it or not signed it .

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't understand why people use their real names and info when they do this kind of thing.

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 08:14 PM
when she was hired they made her sign a contract stating she would not use "social media" to do things like this . lots of company do these days , she should have read it or not signed it .

Yay, freedom.

I get to keep a minimum wage waitress job, and all for exchanging some trivial constitutional rights.

r3volution
06-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Yay, freedom.

I get to keep a minimum wage waitress job, and all for exchanging some trivial constitutional rights. uh , threatening to spit in someones food when you are a server is not protected . however contract laws are .

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Yah, but there have been enough "mainstream" stories about stalkers, killers, and such who find their vics on FB that it should be common knowledge that it's not smart to use one's real name (especially when including real photos). But perhaps this is natural selection at work. ;)

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 09:35 PM
uh , threatening to spit in someones food when you are a server is not protected . however contract laws are .

You never once in your life said you were going to punch somebody in the nose?

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Yah, but there have been enough "mainstream" stories about stalkers, killers, and such who find their vics on FB that it should be common knowledge that it's not smart to use one's real name (especially when including real photos). But perhaps this is natural selection at work. ;)

Brother, I got no idea what drives this.

Narcissism?

r3volution
06-24-2012, 09:44 PM
You never once in your life said you were going to punch somebody in the nose? yes i did , but i never posted it online and never signed a contract saying i would not do so .

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Narcissism?
I think that's a big part of it. Psychologists with a lot more education in the social sciences are still trying to figure it out. :eek: IMO, the semi-anonymous nature of the interwebz brings out the exhibitionist in people-as if being on the webbernet is a type of celebrity. I once read about the "Facebook Generation". (here's one similar to the one I read http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-facebook-generation.htm ) It strikes me as a social disorder of some sort...but I'm an old phart who grew up before ubiquitous interwebz everywhere.

btw, would you believe my former boss-old enough to be my mother-lists here real name and info AND pics on FB? Crazy! (and she's not at all stupid in general) :eek:

r3volution
06-24-2012, 09:48 PM
honestly AF if you owned a restaurant and told you employes not to post crap about your business online , then they did and also said they were going to spit in customers food you would not be pissed ? i would fire them also .

TheTexan
06-24-2012, 10:02 PM
The whole idea of Facebook is that every single detail of your life is made public...

and the creator of that site is a billionaire.

Think about that for a second.

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
The whole idea of Facebook is that every single detail of your life is made public...

Yeah. And to think-it was described to me when I first learned of it 4 years ago as "the thinking man's myspace" or something like that.

Luciconsort
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM

i thought about it. first i was mad.... then i got sad. lame.

Anti Federalist
06-24-2012, 10:13 PM
honestly AF if you owned a restaurant and told you employes not to post crap about your business online , then they did and also said they were going to spit in customers food you would not be pissed ? i would fire them also .

Oh, no doubt, but I'd never make them sign any kind of "pre emptive" waiver.

And I'm really not so much in Chili's shit over this as I am the naive empty headedness of this woman to post all that right next to her name and photo.

Because I would wager good money that she was one of these people that "poo poo'ed" people raising hell about lost privacy and being watched all the time.

Again, ironic "lesson learned" justice would have the state coming after her for making threats.

donnay
06-24-2012, 10:19 PM
FaceBook is a DARPA file for Dummies.

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 10:23 PM
FaceBook is a DARPA file for Dummies. LOLZ! :D

Pericles
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Narcissism?

Probably. In a materialistic and celebrity obsessed culture, the opportunity for social media to let these people "publicize" themselves is something they can't resist.

Philhelm
06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
My picture is posted in my profile for this site (No, I'm not Kevin McKidd...it's the other picture). That's probably more dangerous.