PDA

View Full Version : A very easy way to raise money for Ron Paul 2012, or other liberty candidates

mlee45
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I got a job for a company named Vector marketing selling Cutco Cutlery. The products are American made, and range from kitchen cutlery, to hunting, and military KA-BAR knives. I make a 20% commission on what I sell, and I also get 14$ for each appointment that I set up because the company is that confident in selling atleast an item. Would anybody be interested in setting an appointment up for me? I would donate half of the money I raise to whatever cause that you like, and you would also end up with a great product! Thanks so much, I'm trying to raise money for pharmacy school! FOR LIBERTY!!!

mlee45@utk.edu

KEEF
06-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Sorry, sounds like a pyramid scheme.

mlee45
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I've already gotten checks in the mail for 561$, 220$, and 56$. I make 14$ per appointment whether or not you want to buy any of the products, so by just watching one of my demonstrations, you are raising money...

tbone717
06-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Typically pyramid schemes you make the bulk of your money recruiting others to become a distributor rather than making commission on actually selling the product. You can usually tell those pretty easily as 90% of their pitch focuses on how to get others to be distributors rather than how the product is superior.

To the OP though, how are you proposing to set appointments with people virtually? Shouldn't you be face to face with potential customers doing your demo?

parocks
06-24-2012, 08:16 PM

I sold cutco. Or tried to. Years and years ago. If it was a pyramid scheme, they would've made that point clear. They liked the product, and I'll tell you, they make a good product. Still got that stuff. knives still sharp, still used, after many years. the scissors can cut a penny. but you don't want to sell cutco. The business model is beg people you know to buy knives. You don't want to do that. It's something you'll stop doing right away.

bcreps85
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
FWIW

http://www.petitiononline.com/vector/petition.html

http://voices.yahoo.com/cutco-cutlery-its-scam-but-knives-fantastic-103775.html

_pauladin_
06-25-2012, 08:37 AM
I'd be very wary of Vector. One of the reporters at the college newspaper I worked at did a story on them, since they typically target college students for recruitment. The gist of the scam, from what I remember, is to pressure recruits to spend hundreds of dollars on a display kit of knives, after which the recruit is paid little to no money, and has to deal with absurd requirements in order to keep the job.

Cleaner44
06-25-2012, 09:03 AM
KA-BAR knives are great. What models do you have?

Mr. Perfidy
06-25-2012, 05:22 PM
hysterical lol

I actually looked at the thread title for a minute before clicking and tried to guess or fill in the blank and immediately thought,

"duh...work."

So now I am thinkin, maybe I will cut lawns and donate the money. Shovel and such.

Keith and stuff
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I know I guy that did this. He was an an-cap. He showed the knifes to his friend's parents or something and cut his hand badly while demonstrating the knife. He called into FreeTalkLive and talked about it. It was an hilarious radio segment. I loved it.