PDA

View Full Version : 14 year-old boy shoots intruder

Henry Rogue
06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/south_phoenix/pd-14-year-old-boy-shoots-man-breaking-into-s-phoenix-home#ixzz1yjPECJQK

Meatwasp
06-24-2012, 01:10 PM
good for him

phill4paul
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
His parents have done a good job of raising a 14 year old MAN.

John F Kennedy III
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
PD: 14-year-old boy shoots man breaking into S. Phoenix home

•By: Deborah Stocks

PHOENIX - Authorities say a man is expected to recover after he was shot by a 14-year-old boy Friday.

Phoenix police Officer James Holmes said the teen was home with his 8, 10 and 12-year-old siblings when a woman started knocking on the door.

The 14-year-old did not recognize her so he didn't answer the door of the home near 55th Avenue and Baseline Road.

A short time later a man started knocking on the door and again the boy refused to answer the door.

Holmes said the youngster then went upstairs with his siblings and retrieved a handgun.

As the boy returned to the top of the stairs, the man broke through the door and pointed a gun at him.

The boy fired his weapon, striking the suspect.

The 14-year-old called his parents and ran with his siblings to a neighbor's home.

The man was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, according to Holmes. On Saturday, Holmes said the suspect's injuries were not life-threatening and he could be released from the hospital in a week or so.

The suspect will be booked into jail once he is released from the hospital. His name has not been released.

Neighbors supported the boy.

"It's a good thing that he pulled the trigger, that his dad taught him what to do. I give him a lot of props for it," neighbor, Michael Silvas said.

original article here: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/south_phoenix/pd-14-year-old-boy-shoots-man-breaking-into-s-phoenix-home#ixzz1yk2TLD1b

PierzStyx
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Good parenting in action. You train a child how to respect a firearm and they do something like this and protect their siblings, not shoot them.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Nice write up too. Wish I saw more good outcomes like this. I wonder what the backstory is. As written, it sounds like a couple casing homes.

DerailingDaTrain
06-24-2012, 02:26 PM
His parents have done a good job of raising a 14 year old MAN.

He's still a kid. Just one who had the courage to defend himself. I'm sure the liberals will be going crazy over how he had access to the firearm in the first place however.

My favorite part:

As the boy returned to the top of the stairs, the man broke through the door and pointed a gun at him.

The boy fired his weapon, striking the suspect.

Good job

phill4paul
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
He's still a kid. Just one who had the courage to defend himself.

I understand your point but will stand with my assertion. This 'kid' was raised to be a 'man' at the age of 14. Only in our current age do we consider 14 to not be considered an adult. I think he has proven himself by his responsible actions.

Revolution9
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Rock n roll!

Rev9

heavenlyboy34
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
I understand your point but will stand with my assertion. This 'kid' was raised to be a 'man' at the age of 14. Only in our current age do we consider 14 to not be considered an adult. I think he has proven himself by his responsible actions.
This^^ Many adult males in this country are not truly "men"-but "boys who shave".

Expatriate
06-24-2012, 04:05 PM
The suspect will be booked into jail once he is released from the hospital. His name has not been released.

WTF? Why not release the name of this scumbag who breaks into houses and points guns at young children?

FindLiberty
06-24-2012, 04:16 PM
That's a VERY responsible young MAN / family.

Taught him well. I'm glad he does not have to regret killing the armed intruder, but
"three times to the center of mass" would cost taxpayers less money in the long run.

Mach
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSevMq_83eo

Weston White
06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
If this had taken place in California, the parents would be looking at felony charges right now. :mad:

CaptainAmerica
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
South Phoenix is a bad area.

tod evans
06-24-2012, 08:40 PM

+rep

LibForestPaul
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
If someone is following story. post updates. not syre why, but have feeling this story is heading south. though it is arizona, so hopefully wrong.

Athan
06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
"three times to the center of mass" would cost taxpayers less money in the long run.
I'm sure he has the balls for it he just probably didn't want to waste ammo once he saw the ****** drop like a shit.

Pericles
06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm sure he has the balls for it he just probably didn't want to waste ammo once he saw the ****** drop like a shit.

I would have gladly contributed the 70 cents for two more rounds.

dannno
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
South Phoenix is a bad area.

Ya, suddenly this story is beginning to make more sense.