PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead Live Interview (9pm EST) Sat. June 23rd (Video added)

Champ
06-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere on rpforums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uruAqT7_A&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Doug Wead will be live in moments for a 30 minute interview: http://www.ronpaultribune.com/index.php/live-shows/rpt-tv

LibertyEagle
06-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh, cool. Thanks. First I have heard about it. :)

Champ
06-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Interview has started. Join us there!

alucard13mmfmj
06-23-2012, 07:33 PM
ah i think i missed it... tube?

sailingaway
06-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Does he have any clue how well Ron is doing in Oregon at the convention?

eleganz
06-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I think Doug Wead just indirectly said the campaign has plans that doesn't wish to be disturbed by outside parties (supporters).

This was in reference to the Veterans March on the RNC.

Anybody else's interpretation on what he just said?

sailingaway
06-23-2012, 07:51 PM
The problem is, the staff of the campaign doesn't like to explain things to us and some of their plans seem pretty bad in retrospect so we maybe need to know what this plan is, and whether it helps RON.

although, to be honest, I see all sorts of ways a vet march could go wrong in a police clamp down area. I'm not pulling against it, I just can see where there might be hesitation in case some provocateur got into it and it went wrong.

The Northbreather
06-23-2012, 07:55 PM
This is great everyone should see this. We need tubage.

Champ
06-23-2012, 07:56 PM
The interview was being recorded and should be put up soon.

Champ
06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
The most important part of this interview, in my opinion, was his response to the question of whether or not we have the 5 states necessary for nomination from the floor. He stated ultimately it wouldn't matter, because of rule 40.

eleganz
06-23-2012, 08:01 PM
The most important part of this interview, in my opinion, was his response to the question of whether or not we have the 5 states necessary for nomination from the floor. He stated ultimately it wouldn't matter, because of rule 40.

does that mean they're banking on a floor speech from Ron to change the hearts and minds of the delegates?

Champ
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
does that mean they're banking on a floor speech from Ron to change the hearts and minds of the delegates?

I can't imagine it not being in their preparation plans for the RNC.

Champ
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Jeremy Richter, Mat Larson, Josh Tolley, and Tracy Diaz are still there discussing Ron Paul related stuff if you guys want to hop in.

PatriotOne
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I think Doug Wead just indirectly said the campaign has plans that doesn't wish to be disturbed by outside parties (supporters).

This was in reference to the Veterans March on the RNC.

Anybody else's interpretation on what he just said?

Imagine that...the campaign doesn't want to be part of psycho Kokesh's Veterans march.

LibertyEagle
06-23-2012, 08:08 PM
The problem is, the staff of the campaign doesn't like to explain things to us and some of their plans seem pretty bad in retrospect so we maybe need to know what this plan is, and whether it helps RON.

although, to be honest, I see all sorts of ways a vet march could go wrong in a police clamp down area. I'm not pulling against it, I just can see where there might be hesitation in case some provocateur got into it and it went wrong.

Wead was quite clear that they cannot and will not share beforehand what their specific plans are at the convention. They don't want the other guys to see it coming, I'm sure.

He suggested, about the march, that they contact the campaign about it to make sure it won't mess up Ron's plans.

He also stressed that we need to stay united. That if we do, we will ultimately win. If we split up, we will not.

PatriotOne
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM

Kokesh is a provocateur. Ever see this footage of him wearing a disobey Ron Paul T-Shirt and provoking security intentionally along with his merry band of dumbshits....just so they could get arrested and make the movement look bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ltTmp8xto

RDM
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM

IMO, This might be a easy task for Ron if he gets a floor speech. I believe once the results come out and the evidence that was submitted in the Civil Lawsuit are exposed, Romney will be walking into that convention "as damaged goods". It will come down to a "convincing" speech whether we want to go forward with a candidate that will be ripped apart by Obama or do we want to move forward with a candidate that can "strongly" beat Obama with "no baggage".

LibertyEagle
06-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Wead said there would be a massive amount of international media there and that was one of the reasons why they wanted us to act professionally. That wasn't the word, but you get the idea. He said that this convention will get massive international coverage and it will go on for quite awhile. It will be a chance for Ron to get his message out, not just here, but to the world.

cassielund99@gmail.com
06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Anybody got a tube of this. Was working on my car and forgot this was on.

alucard13mmfmj
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
hmmmm who would the public side with? a bunch of veterans with their heads smashed in or the police?... hmmm

sailingaway
06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Wead said there would be a massive amount of international media there and that was one of the reasons why they wanted us to act professionally. That wasn't the word, but you get the idea. He said that this convention will get massive international coverage and it will go on for quite awhile. It will be a chance for Ron to get his message out, not just here, but to the world.

and we will be characterized by how we act, clearly. I don't know anyone who has a problem with professional, as long as we aren't getting pushed around, and Ron said we didn't need to go that far.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 09:29 PM

You would think most nations that are not NATO connected would be very grateful for a Ron Paul presidency. You would think Iran would have made several hundred million in pro Paul t.v. ad buys over the past 7 months or so.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Whatever happened to the Rand-Michael Nystrom interview that was supposed to happen?

Pisces
06-23-2012, 10:03 PM
This is the tube I think. It was just uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uruAqT7_A&feature=youtu.be

PatriotOne
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Thns Pisces...that's it :)

Pisces
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Thns Pisces...that's it :)

You're welcome. I was just surprised that it was out there so soon.

sailingaway
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Whatever happened to the Rand-Michael Nystrom interview that was supposed to happen?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?380535-The-Rand-Paul-Daily-Paul-Interview

Pisces
06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
The Doug Wead interview tube just got moved to the Rand Paul subforum? This was the interview from tonight from Doug about the campaign's Tampa plans.

sailingaway
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
The Doug Wead interview tube just got moved to the Rand Paul subforum? This was the interview from tonight from Doug about the campaign's Tampa plans.

OOps! Thanks. I'll move it to the OP then. I thought you meant it was a youtube of the radio interview with DP.

Pisces
06-23-2012, 10:35 PM
OOps! Thanks. I'll move it to the OP then. I thought you meant it was a youtube of the radio interview with DP.

No problem. Looking back at the thread, I can understand the confusion.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Kokesh is a provocateur. Ever see this footage of him wearing a disobey Ron Paul T-Shirt and provoking security intentionally along with his merry band of dumbshits....just so they could get arrested and make the movement look bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ltTmp8xto

They aren't making me look bad. I don't hang out with Kokesh, but he can do whatever he wants. He's a civil protester. That video did just what it was intended to do as far as I can tell. Some people are clowns, some people are high wire artists, and some people are lion tamers. Some people fancy themselves ringmasters. It would be good if some of you would stop perpetuating the myth that Kokesh is representative of anyone besides himself. It's a simple media smear, and those of you that buy into it are the ones who waste the most time and energy with it. No one else cares. How many nutjobs do you think support Obama?

Really, if my choices are to be associated with Obama, Romney, or Kokesh, I'd take Kokesh hands down. If Wead wants supporters to coordinate with the campaign, then I think that sounds reasonable.

libertylastchance
06-25-2012, 07:40 PM
This was a great interview, answered allot of questions.. and there is not always a black and white answer.. some things need to play out to know what the next move is.. stay united.. we have come this far..