PDA

View Full Version : Help Request: Meetup organizer and more..

aroberso
11-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

As I've reached my limit on money to donate, I've decided to give more of my time. I was asked today to help organize my local meetup group in Bartlesville, OK.

We're a small town, and Oklahoma is a red state with a bit of a neo-con tinge.

I've never been inspired to be an activist before, and so I'm new to all of this. I have time and enthusiasm to give, as well as passion and deep understanding of the issues Dr. Paul supports.

Here's a list of the things I'm going to help do, and request your suggestions on how to go about it:

* Organizing door-to-door canvassing - Best practices for this? Online tools?
* Organizing local online participation - MySpace, Facebook
* Getting involved with local GOP precinct
* Participating in sign making/waving events
* Participating in call planning and execution

I'm very excited to take my show on the road (i.e. - offline), as I can only add so much by sitting online all the time reading articles. Plus, I've found myself a bit weary from some of the tedious topics here on RPF lately. :-(

Is there anyone who has any suggestions for me? I'd appreciate any sage advice, and I hope I'm in the right place for it.

Kind Regards,
Andy

princessredtights
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
That sounds awesome! I am a meetup leader in my town.

A couple of things I would add:

If you have a College in your town, make sure to flyer on their bulletin boards-

Find out about putting LARGE signs out in fields and such -

Get in touch with your local Libertarian and Constitution parties-

I'm not sure how your state works but in our state we are working on becoming delegates - this is critical -

If there are parades, gun shows, flea markets anything like that, try to participate

Also, in the meetup options, look for a link that says "promote" (I think that is what it's called) - you can customize flyers to promote your group!

HTH -