PDA

View Full Version : Nick Gillespie on Real Time with Bill Maher (NOW)

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Check it out! Go Nick!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EkTQuxXnzU

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Not a Reason fanboy, but let us know if it's good.

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Rachel Maddow is on the panel with him. It's been good :)

angelatc
06-22-2012, 09:52 PM
I cancelled HBO specifically because I hate Bill Maher.

aGameOfThrones
06-22-2012, 09:58 PM
3 minutes ago on the show...

"Obama care is not Tyranny!"- Rachel Maddow

The Hulk was there, but no "Hulk Smash" after hearing what she said.

jct74
06-22-2012, 10:06 PM
here's a clip:

Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, And Reason’s Nick Gillespie Have Epic Showdown Over Fast & Furious
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-rachel-maddow-and-reasons-nick-gillespie-have-epic-showdown-over-fast-furious/

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
"I was one of those people until this week who didn't know [about Fast and Furious]," Maher declared at the opening of his panel on this week's broadcast of "Real Time."

"I heard that term, Fast and Furious, it's not the movie, by the way. It's the name of an operation that the Feds were indulging in to try to trace guns. They were purposely selling them to Mexican drug dealers," Maher shared. "By the way, Darrell Issa, whose ahead of the committee that just held Holder in contempt, he was here about a year ago and he said to me backstage before the show, 'Are you going to talk about Fast and Furious?' and I said, 'I don't really like Vin Diesel.' I didn't know what he was talking about."

"This is the two worlds that we live in," Maher said. "I always say, [the right] live[s] in a bubble."

"First of all, let me just say, Republicans don't care about dead Mexicans, a," Bill Maher said. "And, b, they would be dead even if we hadn't sold them guns. They would have gotten the guns somewhere else. So is it really a scandal?"

From there it gets heated between panel guests Nick Gillespie of Reason Magazine and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC. Maddow claims the right is using the Fast and Furious scandal to further a conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama wants to take away your guns, while Nick Gillespie contends this is important because government malfeasance led to the death of a border patrol agent and several dozen Mexicans.

RabbitMan
06-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Don't make me post a picture of Fallopian tubes. Please.

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
here's a clip:

Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, And Reason’s Nick Gillespie Have Epic Showdown Over Fast & Furious
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-rachel-maddow-and-reasons-nick-gillespie-have-epic-showdown-over-fast-furious/
Shows like this are contributing heavily to the dumbing down of the population, IMO.

heavenlyboy34
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Don't make me post a picture of Fallopian tubes. Please.
I've seen them.

QuickZ06
06-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I thought Rachel Maddow was a democrat?

And they are all idiots, even Nick Gillespie wants to regulate alcohol at a federal level but not cigarettes, lol. Like monkeys in a zoo.

jj-
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I thought Rachel Maddow was a democrat?

And they all are idiots, even Nick Gillespie wants to regulate alcohol federally. Like monkeys in a zoo.

Nick Gillespie is an idiot.

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Shows like this are contributing heavily to the dumbing down of the population, IMO.
Actually Maher's show does a useful purpose. It's one of the few forum shows where people can have a long discussion and once in a blue moon someone like Nick Gillespie destroys the echo chamber and right/left paradigm. I was cheering him on! :D

economics102
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Gillespie managed to get a solid last word in at the end:

"All I'm saying is that I refuse to be in a false choice like you're either with the Republicans or with the Democrats. This conversation has been framed as 'aren't the Republicans just doing this as a show trial' -- Eric Holder is bad, the Republicans are bad, the drug war is bad. There's a lot of badness in this world."

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Gillespie managed to get a solid last word in at the end:

"All I'm saying is that I refuse to be in a false choice like you're either with the Republicans or with the Democrats. This conversation has been framed as 'aren't the Republicans just doing this as a show trial' -- Eric Holder is bad, the Republicans are bad, the drug war is bad. There's a lot of badness in this world."
Music to my ears!

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Funny to see how Maher pines for the Republican Party of the Bush era while admitting total ignorance of this scandal. He and Maddow both deserve to share jail cells

angelatc
06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Maddow claims the right is using the Fast and Furious scandal to further a conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama wants to take away your guns...

I'll have to sort through the early press on this, but I am pretty certain that it was not a conspiracy - it was right there, in writing, that the plan was to prove that American guns were slipping across the border illegally specifically to make a case for more gun control. And I also seem to recall that Ron Paul called for Holder to face criminal charges - maybe even treason - am I the only one that remembers that?

ETA: I am not hallucinating. These people talked about it at the time:

"Just days ago, CBS national news printed new details about Department of Justice operation "Fast & Furious." Internal memos show that agents actually discussed using the operation as a "false flag" to justify taking away the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens.

A (http://www.politicalforum.com/current-events/221745-ron-paul-calls-criminal-charges-against-eric-holder.html)nd here's the CBS story (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/):

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

dillo
06-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Why does every liberal argument start with "but the republicans"

angelatc
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM

Same reason that the Republicans start their defense with, "Democrats did it too!"

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 01:19 AM
It was clear to anyone with two brains cells to rub together that Maddow was playing interference over the Fast & Furious scandal. What she didn't intend is that Nick Gillespie would be there to destroy her democratic talking points on national tv and Mr. Zuckerman backing him up. Maher of course is clueless and falls for the democratic partisan bullshit and is no help to her. Maher's peanut gallery applauds the ignorance.

jct74
06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
here's more of the panel discussion, don't know if it is the whole thing though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6nvYG2V0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-uS2JhA_dY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTf9gCbcuE

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 01:25 AM

because their philosophies are bankrupt

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks for posting more of the panel discussion!

+rep

economics102
06-23-2012, 01:32 AM
you know what I find amazing? Bill Maher, yet another liberal who harps on Citizens United, not only donates $1 million of his own money to an Obama super PAC, which he defended as fighting fire with fire, but in Part 2 of the video here argues that he doesn't understand why actors should get grief for using their fame for political activism. So it's ok to use the capital and reach of celebrity status, or say, having your own TV show, to influence politics, but using money is not ok?

Nathan Hale
06-23-2012, 01:43 AM

I'm not a Reason fanboy either, though I do appreciate the work of both Reason and Nick Gillespie. This video is worth a watch. Gillespie is as unstoppable in debate as Schiff.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Maddow lost that one to Gillespie.

TheTexan
06-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Maddow lost that one to Gillespie.

To an impartial observer. But Maher viewers are generally not impartial, their takeaway was probably along the lines of "Haha, ya... the Right are mental patients"

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 02:31 AM
To an impartial observer. But Maher viewers are generally not impartial, their takeaway was probably along the lines of "Haha, ya... the Right are mental patients"

They're in a cult, and they don't care about the facts. They support the dictator because his skin color is black and don't care about his policies. Anyone who doesn't support him is racist because tolerance is good and diversity is a virtue. IMO, this type of mentality is why our country is doomed to balkanize and divide amongst racial lines.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 02:33 AM
I am more stupid after watching this. These people are dumb. When I took journalism in college it was a total giveme class. All I had to do was show up and get an A+. Journalists are the dumbest of the dumb.

Where are the smart people? Industrial hemp is God's gift to man. Where is that discussion? The Federal Reserve System is pure counterfeiting theft. Where is that discussion? Where are the smart people? They certainly are not on TV, radio, or writing articles in the newspapers.

QuickZ06
06-23-2012, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTf9gCbcuE

@ 6:50, a libertarians wet dream aye?

TheTexan
06-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Where are the smart people? Industrial hemp is God's gift to man. Where is that discussion? The Federal Reserve System is pure counterfeiting theft. Where is that discussion? Where are the smart people? They certainly are not on TV, radio, or writing articles in the newspapers.

No shit, we're printing money on the order of trillions, giving it directly to the rich, and calling it inflation, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 02:44 AM
Where are the smart people?

Not allowed on national television.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 02:44 AM
6:50 a libertarians wet dream eh.

Actors are some of the stupidest people. Yeah, they have a platform and a megaphone, but they are ignorant about the world. I worked with a lot of them and they do not have any idea about the real world. They are actors.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 02:46 AM
No shit, we're printing money on the order of trillions, giving it directly to the rich, and calling it inflation, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

It is the 21st century. It's crazy.

anaconda
Interesting to see that Maddow doesn't think very fast on her feet. I was bemused that she railed at Nick with "You don't know anything about me!..." when she editorializes several nights a week on national t.v. regarding political issues, and has done so for multiple years now. Instead of debating she went on the defensive and claimed she was somehow being unfairly attacked, which evolved into her sole issue for the evening after she realized she couldn't keep up with Nick.

Bastiat's The Law
you know what I find amazing? Bill Maher, yet another liberal who harps on Citizens United, not only donates $1 million of his own money to an Obama super PAC, which he defended as fighting fire with fire, but in Part 2 of the video here argues that he doesn't understand why actors should get grief for using their fame for political activism. So it's ok to use the capital and reach of celebrity status, or say, having your own TV show, to influence politics, but using money is not ok?
It's hypocrisy at its finest. When successful businessman donate to Super PACs we can't be having that!

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 02:51 AM
@ 6:50, a libertarians wet dream aye?

Ugh, what a terrible representative for libertarianism that leather jacketed moron was. No wonder he's allowed on shows like this.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Ugh, what a terrible representative for libertarianism that leather jacketed moron was. No wonder he's allowed on shows like this.

I agree, but at least he is speaking out.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 02:57 AM
I agree, but at least he is speaking out.

He was made to look like a dope by a Hollywood dickhead. He should have shut his worthless mouth instead of doing damage to our movement.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 02:59 AM
He was made to look like a dope by a Hollywood dickhead. He should have shut his worthless mouth instead of doing damage to our movement.

Yet it was 5 against 1. I give him credit for that.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Interesting to see that Maddow doesn't think very fast on her feet. I was bemused that she railed at Nick with "You don't know anything about me!..." when she editorializes several nights a week on national t.v. regarding political issues, and has done so for multiple years now. Instead of debating she went on the defensive and claimed she was somehow being unfairly attacked, which evolved into her sole issue for the evening after she realized she couldn't keep up with Nick.
It reminded me of something a high schooler would say. Maddow is mentally stunted. She's been in the Washington bubble for so long someone disagreeing with her is a personal attack.

jct74
06-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Overtime segment (unaired panel discussion):
http://www.hbo.com/real-time-with-bill-maher/index.html#/real-time-with-bill-maher/episodes/0/253-episode/video/253-june-22-overtime.html

anaconda
06-23-2012, 03:31 AM

I thought he did fine.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Bill Mauer, "He's Black" No, Obama is 1/2 white and 1/2 black. Why do you focus on the "Black" part, Bill Mauer? WTF is that about?

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 03:49 AM
I thought he did fine.
Nick did just fine holding his own. We should take solace in the fact that libertarianism is getting a seat at the table instead of god forbid David Frum.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Nick did just fine holding his own. We should take solace in the fact that libertarianism is getting a seat at the table instead of god forbid David Frum.

Nick Gillespie is 1/3 Libertarian. While it is better than nothing it is only 1/3 of the truth.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:54 AM

Nah, he's a total fake designed to make our cause look bad.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Overtime segment (unaired panel discussion):
http://www.hbo.com/real-time-with-bill-maher/index.html#/real-time-with-bill-maher/episodes/0/253-episode/video/253-june-22-overtime.html
Mark Ruffalo "Why do we have to make a killing in making people live?"

Well because liberals like yourself got government involved Mr. Ruffalo. I've worked in medical care billing and its administration, and organizational nightmare. Between doctors ordering every possible test in an effort to stave off any potential malpractice lawsuit and not knowing what medicare will and will not cover, let alone how much they will actually receive in reimbursed, its truly a cluster. Now add to that abysmal situation, medical professionals having numerous years of advanced schooling costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, they deserve to make a good salary. Capitalism isn't to blame in this Maher, you simpleton.

If I could tape Maher's eyes open I'd make him watch one video on this topic it would be this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgrrlflwrvg

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:04 AM

Indeed. They do not yet let the real dissenters on TV because they tell the truth. 90% of the truth is good enough for most people. It's baloney. Just like baloney. Fake meat. The whole truth and nothing but the truth will not be told on TV in the spring or summer of 2012. But it will be told in December because there will be no other choice. The Internet is changing the world. The truth is being told.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Nick Gillespie is 1/3 Libertarian. While it is better than nothing it is only 1/3 of the truth.
Well I'll take Nick, you can have David Frum.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 04:08 AM

How about fuck both of those assholes?

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:10 AM

How ridiculously stupid are you? Newsweek? CNN? Give me a break. Sheesh.

David Frum is a contributing editor at Newsweek and The Daily Beast and a CNN contributor. He is the author of seven books, including most recently, his first novel Patriots, published in April 2012.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:11 AM
http://chanarchive.org/content/45_sci/3899132/1318563814398.jpg

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:12 AM
http://chanarchive.org/content/45_sci/3899132/1318563814398.jpg

Come on Man, grow up.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:16 AM
No Doubt. What a bunch of idiots.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Come on Man, grow up.

Yeah, it's typical nonsense from a coward. It's very routine around these forums.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah, it's typical nonsense from a coward. It's very routine around these forums.

They are numskulls dude. They do not do any of their own homework.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:23 AM
How ridiculously stupid are you? Newsweek? CNN? Give me a break. Sheesh.
Read between the lines, moron. David Frum is routine guest on Real Time, its not like they have a Rolodex of intellectual freethinkers and libertarians they invite to be on. You could count on your hand the number of times a libertarian was on that show in the last 10 years. If it wasn't Gillespie it would've been some hack in his place. Be thankful someone managed to break into that echo chamber of ignorance.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Then leave the forums, nobody would miss you.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Then leave the forums, nobody would miss you.

Nah, I'll be around here until the bitter end to fight the losers, cowards, scumbags, etc. whether you like it or not, boy.

Read between the lines, moron. David Frum is routine guest on Real Time, its not like they have a Rolodex of intellectual freethinkers and libertarians they invite to be on. You could count on your hand the number of times a libertarian was on that show in the last 10 years. If it wasn't Gillespie it would've been some hack in his place. Be thankful someone managed to break into that echo chamber of ignorance.

They put a faker up there and you bought it. They put a loser in their echo chamber and did all they could to make him out to be a fool. He repeatedly did an awful job of representing our views. Ugh, what a disaster this was. And you promote it. You are just as pathetic as Reason and Gillespie. Thank God nobody listens to the likes of worms like you.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:26 AM
You add nothing in the way of intellectual discussion to the forums.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:28 AM

Who gives a damn? You are a moron. You are a total dolt spreading bullshit. Dumbass.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Who gives a damn? You are a moron. You are a total dolt spreading bullshit. Dumbass.
You're not exactly MENSA material are you?

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:32 AM
You're not exactly MENSA material are you?

You buy into the bullshit. I don't.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 04:33 AM
You add nothing in the way of intellectual discussion to the forums.

Nah, I will never leave in spite of the nonsense a troll coward like you spouts. I will defend liberty even while liars like you parade around here like you enjoy freedom. I will confront fake people like you as much as possible.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Bastiat actually had good things to tell the world. You misrepresent him. Re-read "The Law" He is nothing like you.

Bastiat's The Law
06-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Nah, I will never leave in spite of the nonsense a troll coward like you spouts. I will defend liberty even while liars like you parade around here like you enjoy freedom. I will confront fake people like you as much as possible.
I'm sure your marching slogan goes something like, "FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD!" Carry on comrade.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:47 AM
I'm sure your marching slogan goes something like, "FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD!" Carry on comrade.

What an ignorant statement.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 04:54 AM

People like you discredit the truth. Frédéric Bastiat was brilliant. You are ignorant. Have you even read "The Law"?

teacherone
06-23-2012, 06:04 AM
maybe you grumps should get some sleep.

Demigod
06-23-2012, 06:07 AM
This is borderline retarded

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
This is borderline retarded

It is indeed, and it is on PAID TV. One actually has to PAY to watch this stupidity in real time.

MRoCkEd
06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
UPDATE:
Full Show

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 09:27 AM
What does cable TV cost? $35/month or $75? Who buys this crap? Who pays to see idiots debating idiots?

Where are the smart people? Industrial hemp is God's gift to man and it is illegal to grow. The Federal Reserve System is straight-up counterfeiting theft. Where are those discussions? Where are the smart people?

RabbitMan
06-23-2012, 10:48 AM
What does cable TV cost? $35/month or $75? Who buys this crap? Who pays to see idiots debating idiots?

Where are the smart people? Industrial hemp is God's gift to man and it is illegal to grow. The Federal Reserve System is straight-up counterfeiting theft. Where are those discussions? Where are the smart people?

Not this again...I said early on in the thread not to make me post those tubes, but it looks like you forced my hand.

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/images/anatomy-fallopian-tube.jpg

DerailingDaTrain
06-23-2012, 10:55 AM

I think you're just getting mad over nothing. From what I've seen if you had gone on this program you would have gotten owned by Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow on national television. He did an alright job. Give credit where credit is due

Lucille
06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Mark Ruffalo "Why do we have to make a killing in making people live?"

I haven't WTFV and probably never will, but Barry's Big Fascist Medical System was a massive gift to Big Medical Insurance and BigPharma. They love it. Would physicians be allowed to make a profit in their world? How about hospitals?

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Not this again...I said early on in the thread not to make me post those tubes, but it looks like you forced my hand.

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/images/anatomy-fallopian-tube.jpg

What are you talking about? Do you actually believe that TV is providing knowledge and accurate information?

Demigod
06-23-2012, 11:10 AM
It is indeed, and it is on PAID TV. One actually has to PAY to watch this stupidity in real time.

I could not imagine to pay to watch this especially the boy who has spent its entire life as a rich kid and all the time talks about socialistic ideas.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 11:43 AM
I could not imagine to pay to watch this especially the boy who has spent its entire life as a rich kid and all the time talks about socialistic ideas.

It is Five against One in this discussion. Only one in five understand the world. It is sad.

tttppp
06-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Rachael Maddow really acted like a bitch on that show. She doesn't like being on someone else's show where someone can criticize their arguments.

On a side note, Bill Maher had her back the whole show, as expected.

dillo
06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
rachel maddow is such an idiot

QuickZ06
06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
How can someone be 1/3 libertarian? Kinda a oxymoron. You are either libertarian or not. They are all fools, but yes Nick does know a thing or two. But you really got to think, they put him on the show for a reason. They do screenings for this type of stuff. He was there to make libertarians look dumb and I'm with Travlyr on this. He did alright but he was by no means an all star up there.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-23-2012, 02:56 PM

Yeah, this guy makes us look bad:
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05112007/images/profile_pic2.jpg

And this guy makes us look legitimate and reasonable:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjXifPw7ioH4JNexWQK3jOkNo8LvOAT KD9kKxclPwHBvixZ4tunQ

matt0611
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I thought Nick did fine.

Do I agree with everything he has to say on every issue? No, but he usually has some decent things to say and I usually enjoy reading his columns. He is also pretty damn good at demolishing the typical leftist fools like Madcow or Maher.

Why is every thing a conspiracy with some people?

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I think you're just getting mad over nothing. From what I've seen if you had gone on this program you would have gotten owned by Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow on national television. He did an alright job. Give credit where credit is due

He did a shitty job and is a terrible advocate of liberty. No wonder he is allowed on propaganda shows like this as the supposed voice of the libertarian movement

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, this guy makes us look bad:
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05112007/images/profile_pic2.jpg

And this guy makes us look legitimate and reasonable:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjXifPw7ioH4JNexWQK3jOkNo8LvOAT KD9kKxclPwHBvixZ4tunQ

Maybe dullards like you are fooled by a leather jacket and a phony baloney job with a corporate statist thinktank, but not me. This numbskull who is paraded around on TV and made to look like a fool by a Hollywood dickhead is the true villain of the libertarian movement, not a documentary filmmaker who has awoken millions to truth about 9/11 and the federal reserve. Treason magazine is there to demonize truth and co-opt the freedom message. Sadly, easily duped folks like you are fooled by this obvious scheme

GeorgiaAvenger
06-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe dullards like you are fooled by a leather jacket and a phony baloney job with a corporate statist thinktank, but not me. This numbskull who is paraded around on TV and made to look like a fool by a Hollywood dickhead is the true villain of the libertarian movement, not a documentary filmmaker who has awoken millions to truth about 9/11 and the federal reserve. Treason magazine is there to demonize truth and co-opt the freedom message. Sadly, folks like you are fooled by this obvious scheme

Also, aliens.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Also, aliens.

I nor Alex Jones ever talk about aliens. All people like you have is baseless slanderous nonsense, isn't it?

TheTexan
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
He did a shitty job and is a terrible advocate of liberty. No wonder he is allowed on propaganda shows like this as the supposed voice of the libertarian movement

He may not have represented the libertarian movement very well, but he did represent the Libertarian (capital L) movement extremely well.

That's why I prefer calling it a 'liberty' movement and not a 'libertarian' movement.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I nor Alex Jones ever talk about aliens. All people like you have is baseless slanderous nonsense, isn't it?Aliens are just as provable as the nonsense you just posted.

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Aliens are just as provable as the nonsense you just posted.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. Statist 'libertarians' like Gillespie will continue to be a cancer on this movement. I advocate removal of this cancer immediately. Support legitimate pro-liberty outlets and not crap rags like Reason

DerailingDaTrain
06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I nor Alex Jones ever talk about aliens. All people like you have is baseless slanderous nonsense, isn't it?

No but this guy does and he has had him on his show numerous times, promoted his books, and supported him:

http://www.prlog.org/10992782-david-icke.jpg

Support legitimate pro-liberty outlets and not crap rags like Reason

and those would be?

NewRightLibertarian
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
No but this guy does and he has had him on his show numerous times, promoted his books, and supported him.

I see no problem with him providing an outlet for many different opinions and different views. I disagree vehemently with many of the people AJ has on his show (LaRouche and Tarpley especially) but like that many different views are routinely represented. Censorship disgusts me

and those would be?

http://www.antiwar.com
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com
http://www.thedailybell.com
http://www.zerohedge.com
http://www.mises.org

All a million times better than vile Reason, CATO and all Koch-related counterfeit statist corporate fake libertarian crap

GeorgiaAvenger
06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm just calling a spade a spade. Statist 'libertarians' like Gillespie will continue to be a cancer on this movement. I advocate removal of this cancer immediately. Support legitimate pro-liberty outlets and not crap rags like Reason

That is your choice. I happen to enjoy Reason's articles, hardly pro-globalist or socialist.

http://reason.com/

TheTexan
06-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Free talk live is a good one too

DerailingDaTrain
06-23-2012, 03:51 PM
If Alex Jones had gone on the show instead of Nick Gillespie you would have gotten this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rZ2DlfENQ

TheTexan
06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
If Alex Jones had gone on the show instead of Nick Gillespie you would have gotten this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81rZ2DlfENQ

I don't really have a dog in the AJ fight, but if that's the worst you can find, I should probably become a fan of his

Sola_Fide
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
UPDATE:
Full Show

I had to shut it off after a few minutes. Too much stupid going on.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Nick Gillespie is 1/3 Libertarian.

What's the other two-thirds?

AGRP
06-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Reason = Beltway Libertarianism

Its like McDonalds. It's OK, but theres no reason to get excited over it and over time its bad for your health.

JorgeStevenson
06-23-2012, 07:06 PM
What must have happened in Sgt150's version of reality:

MAHER: And now....ladies and gentlemen, I give you the FACE of LIBERTARIANISM, the BEST the LIBERTARIAN movement has to offer, the most CUNNING and SKILLED LIBERTARIAN debater the world has ever seen....Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick Gilessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sspie.

What actually happened:
MAHER: Here's Nick Gilespie.

Calm down dude. Gilespie mentioned that he had libertarian leanings. I don't think he claimed to represent libertarians as a whole or every facet of libertarian thought. I thought he did a good job at maybe planting a seed in the viewers' minds that it's not democrats = good, republicans = bad. I thought he pretty damningly exposed Maddow as a Democrat party mouthpiece when she wouldn't even praise Romneycare...even Maher was like, "Cmon, Rachel. It's okay. You can do it."

This wasn't a dude beating his chest and claiming to represent every single libertarian. He was there to provide an alternate viewpoint and he did a good job.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
What's the other two-thirds?

End counterfeiting theft (1/3) and End regulations in violation of the constitution and 'Bill of Rights' ... the other 1/3.

DerailingDaTrain
06-23-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't really have a dog in the AJ fight, but if that's the worst you can find, I should probably become a fan of his

No. There are many more where that came from and that's not even close to being the worst.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 07:43 PM
That is your choice. I happen to enjoy Reason's articles, hardly pro-globalist or socialist.

http://reason.com/

You, Georgia boy are misinformed.

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

You have no idea because you are unwilling to read for the truth.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-23-2012, 08:19 PM
You, Georgia boy are misinformed.

You have no idea because you are unwilling to read for the truth.

Oh yes, the truth of the enlightened. Also known as hogwash.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 09:34 PM
End counterfeiting theft (1/3) and End regulations in violation of the constitution and 'Bill of Rights' ... the other 1/3.

The second of these two sounds libertarian. Also: What's "counterfeit theft?"

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 09:51 PM
The second of these two sounds libertarian. Also: What's "counterfeit theft?"

Here is what counterfeiting theft is:

Go to your basement tonight and print currency. Print as many $100 bills as you like. Print enough to buy yourself the most powerful military the world has ever known. $Billions. Print enough to buy yourself a personal security team. $Millions. Print enough for you to do what ever you want. $Billions. Print it, because like the Fed, it is legal to do. Everybody else suffers because your printed money inflates everyone's money... but print away anyway. Print $Billions even $Trillions. There is no power more powerful than you because you can print whatever you want and buy whatever you want. You can even have your brother make hammers that sell for $1000 each, and toilets for $10,000 each, and drones for $108,000,000. each. It is good for you, your brother, and your cousin. Print away. That is what the Fed is.

At the same time imprison anyone who competes with you. If they want to grow industrial hemp, then throw them in jail. Those bastards want to grow the most important crop the world has ever known? Throw those bastards in jail. Put them in a cage and do not pass GO... Do Not Collect $200. Throw them in a cage and throw away the key.

Travlyr
06-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Oh yes, the truth of the enlightened. Also known as hogwash.
No. They are the readers. You are a TV watcher.

anaconda
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Here is what counterfeiting theft is:

Go to your basement tonight and print currency. Print as many $100 bills as you like. Print enough to buy yourself the most powerful military the world has ever known. $Billions. Print enough to buy yourself a personal security team. $Millions. Print enough for you to do what ever you want. $Billions. Print it, because like the Fed, it is legal to do. Everybody else suffers because your printed money inflates everyone's money... but print away anyway. Print $Billions even $Trillions. There is no power more powerful than you because you can print whatever you want and buy whatever you want. You can even have your brother make hammers that sell for $1000 each, and toilets for $10,000 each, and drones for $108,000,000. each. It is good for you, your brother, and your cousin. Print away. That is what the Fed is.

At the same time imprison anyone who competes with you. If they want to grow industrial hemp, then throw them in jail. Those bastards want to grow the most important crop the world has ever known? Throw those bastards in jail. Put them in a cage and do not pass GO... Do Not Collect $200. Throw them in a cage and throw away the key.

So, based on these three thirds, it sounds like you have described someone who is fully three thirds libertarian.

BenIsForRon
06-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Well, Nick Gillespie got his ass handed to him on fracking by a Hollywood actor. Libertarians have to stop supporting environmental destruction, it doesn't work, and it's becoming increasingly unpopular.

jct74
06-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Deleting a few posts here. That's enough of the back and forth insults guys, please chill out.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-24-2012, 12:47 PM
No. They are the readers. You are a TV watcher.

I don't watch much TV.

Anyway, the argument was over reading Reason magazine....I was for it. I don't read conspiracy drivel from AJ and his cronies because I do care about the truth.

Travlyr
06-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't watch much TV.

Anyway, the argument was over reading Reason magazine....I was for it. I don't read conspiracy drivel from AJ and his cronies because I do care about the truth.

Then I have a question for you. Do you believe the scientific method of proof accurately takes theories and proves them as facts?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358241-9-11-was-an-inside-job.&p=4506470&viewfull=1#post4506470

tttppp
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, Nick Gillespie got his ass handed to him on fracking by a Hollywood actor. Libertarians have to stop supporting environmental destruction, it doesn't work, and it's becoming increasingly unpopular.

There's a way to prevent environmental destruction and do away with most regulations at the same time. Most people here don't want to hear about that since its not a Ron Paul idea.

fearthereaperx
06-24-2012, 05:58 PM

No he didn't. He actually defended fracking fairly well.

cajuncocoa
06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
"I was one of those people until this week who didn't know [about Fast and Furious]," Maher declared at the opening of his panel on this week's broadcast of "Real Time."
If that's true (and I don't believe it for a minute) he just surpassed Sarah Palin as the most uninformed celebrity.

QuickZ06
06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
If that's true (and I don't believe it for a minute) he just surpassed Sarah Palin as the most uninformed celebrity.

Yeah I got a chuckle out of that as well, even my 70+ year old grandma knows about F&F. But he was probably going for the, se I don't even know about F&F, so it must not be that big of a deal.

But upon researching it even more, I found out a lot of this has to do with arming certain cartels i.e. the ones the CIA support.

eric_cartman
06-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I think Gillespie did a pretty good job at the start of the debate... but i think he did a horrible job in the second half.

with respect to the GMO question... he basically said "oh, it's not that bad for you" ... what i think he should have said is "yes, GMO food is really bad for us... there's all sorts of really bad stuff in our food and water... our diets aren't healthy and i would also prefer to buy food that i know is safe from these toxins because of labels and proper testing. but i don't agree that the way to accomplish this is through the government. the government is in bed with big-agra ... and the government's FDA has failed in keeping us safe from harmful food and drugs. if the FDA didn't exist, and the government ended their monopoly on food and drug safety testing... the private companies that would emerge would provide this service more efficiently. certain private market food testing companies might have much stricter regulations than the FDA. there would probably be several different companies that try to build a reputation on only certifying healthy food and testing everything to make sure that everything they certified has been properly tested. the FDA doesn't have a reputation to protect... they screw up all the time and it doesn't matter. in a free market, you'd have private food and drug testing that would work better than the FDA, since the FDA has failed time and time again".

that's the type of argument i would make. and if they don't agree with you, they're basically defending the FDA... and it's so easy to point out how the FDA is failing to test our food for harmful chemicals and it's declaring it safe to be sold... so everyone just assumes that it's safe and doesn't need to be tested or inspected again.

Travlyr
06-25-2012, 07:13 AM
I think Gillespie did a pretty good job at the start of the debate... but i think he did a horrible job in the second half.
Five against one.

When it is 5 against 1 the 1 must have extraordinary resolve in order to shine. That is a secret of negotiation. Two against one is better than one on one. Three against one is even better and so forth.

KingNothing
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Just watched this. There is absolutely no reason to dislike anything Nick Gillespie said, or the manner in which he said it.

Maddow came across as a partisan idiot. The looks on Gillespie's face as Maddow said ridiculous things were priceless.

Lucille
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Just watched this. There is absolutely no reason to dislike anything Nick Gillespie said, or the manner in which he said it.

Maddow came across as a partisan idiot. The looks on Gillespie's face as Maddow said ridiculous things were priceless.

This one (http://reason.com/blog/2012/06/23/overtime-nick-gillespie-on-hbos-real-tim#commentcontainer)?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jguy101/Stuff/sub/gillespieface.png

I still haven't WTFV, and never will.

KingNothing
06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
That one, certainly. He called her out on her partisan hackery, and she repeatedly tried to deflect with indignation. At one point even Maher acknowledged that she was full of crap.

The video was mostly entertaining. It was fun to watch Nick destroy everyone.

Bastiat's The Law
06-30-2012, 03:40 AM
This one (http://reason.com/blog/2012/06/23/overtime-nick-gillespie-on-hbos-real-tim#commentcontainer)?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jguy101/Stuff/sub/gillespieface.png

I still haven't WTFV, and never will.
Thanks Lucille, I literally blew snot out of my nose laughing at that picture!! LMAO

Jeremy
06-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Wow, The Hulk sucks