PDA

View Full Version : SWAT team destroys woman's home, city refuses to compensate her

green73
06-22-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBOVaxz7cE

jkr
06-22-2012, 09:05 AM
THEY H8 US FOR OUR FREEDOMS!

SEND IN THE DROOOoooooooooooOOOOOOONNNES!

donnay
06-22-2012, 09:10 AM
When SWAT teams damage property,, by extension, the town allows this to go on. I would be suing lots of people in the process, not just the town.

jkr
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
SERVING and "protecting" the $hit out of you...

AGRP
06-22-2012, 09:51 AM
A person made an accusation that her son committed armed robbery and this is what happens? Even if he was in the home.....really!?

donnay
06-22-2012, 09:54 AM
A person made an accusation that her son committed armed robbery and this is what happens? Even if he was in the home.....really!?

She would be the first person on my list to sue.

Weston White
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I say that regardless of what the causation was, clearly, police protocol was violated in that police action. SWAT was not intended to be used solely for suspect apprehensions; it was designed to swiftly, tactfully, and skillfully end armed standoffs and hostage type situations after the process of negotiations has proved fruitless. This appears to have been a job for police beat and street violence bureau officers to have handled by establishing a perimeter, while attempting to contact a responsible for the residence and establish verbal, visual, or otherwise telephonic contact with whoever was inside the residence. SWAT had absolutely zero probable cause to take the excessive course that they had; it is rather apparent that this was nothing more than a impromptu training exercise.

XTreat
06-22-2012, 10:24 AM
\\

Ronulus
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Shit like this is what causes things like the KILL DOZER

Philhelm
06-22-2012, 11:48 AM

I remember that video! It should be called the AWESOME DOZER!!!

Pericles
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Posted elsewhere by a Green Beret:

You know, if you want to talk to someone, you could just call and ask them down to the police station. You could surveil the house to prevent an escape. Remember Waco?

If you want to arrest me, just call or send me a letter telling me when to report. I'll be there a few minutes early with my attorney.

If you have a warrant and want to search my home, stop by during daylight hours, and I would appreciate the opportunity to sit down with you and drink a cup of coffee while we wait for my legal counsel to arrive. If you are on a tight schedule, I understand. Just give me a minute to get the family and pets secured and do your thing. Just put it back like it was when you are done looking. Respect is a two way street.

If you show up in uniform with no warrant and ask to search, the answer is going to be "No." I don't have anything to hide, but I believe in the 4th Amendment. You cuff me up and search it anyway, I think I am going to see if I can get you fired, if not incarcerated, and I suspect that my lawyer is going to make out well on the civil suit for violating my rights.

If you show up in the middle of the night and crash my door, a series of unfortunate events are going to follow that will tie at least one of us up for a long time. A home invasion can look exactly like a no-knock service, and I have a contingency plan for repelling boarders. I suspect that you do as well, and would execute on the same circumstances, so think about it.

I assume that the legitimate purpose of a no-knock, nighttime, door kicking visit is to prevent evidence from being destroyed or suspects from escaping. If you turn off the water, cover the exits, and knock, what are you going to miss?

paulbot24
06-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Thank you for posting this. I'd never heard this story. lol