PDA

View Full Version : State GOP stabs Paul backers in the back (Montana)

sailingaway
06-22-2012, 08:56 AM
http://helenair.com/news/opinion/state-gop-stabs-paul-backers-in-the-back/article_31ba65ee-bc2f-11e1-ae59-0019bb2963f4.html

Carehn
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
+ Rep\

I hope you all read this.

KingNothing
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Sigh. This doesn't even make political sense.

"The message to the Paul Republicans couldn’t have been more clear: “There is no place for you at our table and no room for you in our party. Now go out and get our candidates elected.”"

Exactly. From a pragmatic sense, what the state GOP did here is absolutely insane. Actions like this, which we've seen over and over and over again, make one thing VERY clear -- the national party put out an order that Ron Paul should be minimized. I'm sure the local party affiliates are just falling in line now, assuming that their loyalty will be rewarded.

What myopic, short-sighted, hacks.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Disgusting.

Well, we need to take over the leadership of the GOP in that state. Then that crap will stop.

SilenceDewgooder
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
First of all.. wow... secondly, there is a bright spot.. since delegates were not proportional allocated to the primary results... overall delegate results should stand that favor Paul.

gte811i
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Disgusting.

Well, we need to take over the leadership of the GOP in that state. Then that crap will stop.

I think a lot of people are realizing that. It is purely a numbers game and if we don't have 51% they will squash us like a bug. But funny thing, people don't like to be squashed and they will come back for revenge.

What is really interesting is that by being jerks, the Old Guard is sowing the seeds of their own destruction. If they were accommodating the next go around they might not get thrown out, but because the have a "shut up get in line or you don't belong here" mindset, when the RPers are in power they will kick all those who have that attitude to the curb.

sailingaway
06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
I tweeted this to the guy who tweets developments in the law suit.

sailingaway
06-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I think a lot of people are realizing that. It is purely a numbers game and if we don't have 51% they will squash us like a bug. But funny thing, people don't like to be squashed and they will come back for revenge.

What is really interesting is that by being jerks, the Old Guard is sowing the seeds of their own destruction. If they were accommodating the next go around they might not get thrown out, but because the have a "shut up get in line or you don't belong here" mindset, when the RPers are in power they will kick all those who have that attitude to the curb.

this in fact is why our folks in Nevada are so hard line. they won last time and the old guard turned off the lights and fled. Our guys didn't know how to handle 'deaf chairs' etc, just as some this time didn't, but fortunately, many did.

When we DO win, they've burnt bridges.

FSP-Rebel
06-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Yup, payback is a bitch and they're going to freak when they get sideswiped down the line. Even here in Mich where the R-money people tossed us a few bones we still are obliging to make a full sweep of all leadership positions at the next state convention in ~7 months.

Todd
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
That's what you get for trusting establishment types.

Like Paul has said, they are in it for the Position they hold, not because they have any principles to uphold.

tsai3904
06-22-2012, 09:39 AM

What do you mean? We only had 47% of the State Convention delegates. There was nothing the Paul supporters could do other than trust the establishment.

Meatwasp
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM

Like Paul has said, they are in it for the Position they hold, not because they have any principles to uphold.

You are so right. I am so disgusted

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Toss them out.

jmag
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
ttt agreed

Original_Intent
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
With their dying breath, they spit on us.

puppetmaster
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
this in fact is why our folks in Nevada are so hard line. they won last time and the old guard turned off the lights and fled. Our guys didn't know how to handle 'deaf chairs' etc, just as some this time didn't, but fortunately, many did.

When we DO win, they've burnt bridges.

Now if the Delegates we send will stand their ground this time and not switch votes for what they think will be favorable treatment in the future. The old guard will NEVER treat us well and will ALWAYS stab us in the back if we allow them to.

unknown
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
The Old Guard Republican Party just shot itself in the foot — and shot its candidates in the back.

Well said.

The Ron Paul backers in the audience — reportedly 47 percent of the state convention delegates — nodded in agreement. Romney’s nomination was a foregone conclusion. They weren’t there to change that, but rather, to keep Paul’s ideas active and alive, and to claim their well-earned place of respect at the GOP table.

Well we are trying to change that and would sure as hell like to.

What is such a mind-blower about all this to a new participant such as I, is the degree to which power and control means everything to the GOP Old Guard, even at the expense of losing all their party’s elections.

I am so writing in Ron Paul.

Mini-Me
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Heh. In a few states, a friendly attitude seems to be warming some of the local GOP'ers up to us, and they're willing to gradually surrender control to us without metaphorical bloodshed even when they don't fully understand or agree with us yet. In other states, the local GOP is run entirely by avowed enemies who would rather wage political war against us. I don't think the liberty activists in those states are likely to forget the kind of people we're dealing with...and we're really going to make the old guard's butts pucker when we shift from a cooperative "winning hearts and minds" mode straight to "blitzkrieg mode." I don't think there's going to be much room left for the old guard in the Montana GOP once we take it over. ;)

devil21
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Just amazes me that the collective GOP is so eager to make Romney's loss, due to no support from 10-20% of registered R's, a reality just to hang onto power for a little longer. This is what separates us from them. We think big picture, longer term. They're only concerned with tomorrow.

thatpeculiarcat
06-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Montana was such a promising state for us. I just hope things will be different within the GOP in a few years.