PDA

View Full Version : Brian Doherty for New York Times: For the Ron Paul Wing, Now What?

jct74
06-22-2012, 12:35 AM
For the Ron Paul Wing, Now What?
By BRIAN DOHERTY
June 21, 2012, 10:48 PM

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has admitted that he won’t have enough delegates at the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August to win the nomination.

But right after that announcement he racked up another win: his supporters now make up the majority of the delegation from the caucus state of Iowa. That’s the state allegedly “won” by Mitt Romney in January, which was later revealed to have been “won” by Rick Santorum.

Paul’s campaign has risen from many deaths. In mid-May, he announced he’d no longer campaign in upcoming primary states. He encouraged his forces to concentrate on caucus states, where dedication to a long process of local, district and state party meetings can trump just getting a mass of voters out on primary day to dutifully record a vote for the frontrunner.

Everyone spun that May announcement as “Paul drops out.” Since then, following his strategy, Paul’s people won delegations in Minnesota, Louisiana (in a victory contested by a rump Romney faction), and now Iowa. He already had Maine.

read more:
http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/for-the-ron-paul-wing-now-what/

jct74
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Not sure if this will be in print, looks like it is just an online piece for their campaign blog, but it's an interesting article worth reading.

CPUd
06-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Haha, I'm aware who the author is, but this is the first article I've seen about Louisiana that called the LAGOP the rump convention.

risk_reward
06-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Haha, I'm aware who the author is, but this is the first article I've seen about Louisiana that called the LAGOP the rump convention.

I think fox news has called it that way too. The Paul convention was the real one and the other was the rump convention.

torchbearer
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I think fox news has called it that way too. The Paul convention was the real one and the other was the rump convention.

correct. they were the minority convention.

georgiaboy
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
good read.

Justinfrom1776
07-05-2012, 02:18 AM
If the Tea Party really were transpartisan outsiders dedicated to fighting bailouts and shrinking spending, Ron Paul should have been their man. In 2012, they’ve revealed themselves more as loyal Republicans than as a rebel army.

Bingo!

jbauer
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
The comments suck we need to get in there and fight back.

cheapseats
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
"...If the Tea Party really were transpartisan outsiders dedicated to fighting bailouts and shrinking spending, Ron Paul should have been their man. In 2012, they’ve revealed themselves more as loyal Republicans than as a rebel army..."

Bingo!

"...If the Tea Party really were transpartisan outsiders dedicated to fighting bailouts and shrinking spending, Ron Paul should have been their man. In 2012, they’ve revealed themselves more as loyal Republicans than as a rebel army. Paul’s campaign is trying to gently guide the Paul movement through that same transition..."

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/for-the-ron-paul-wing-now-what/