PDA

View Full Version : Obamabomb - today is barack friday,.

brandon
11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Looks like the obamabots are sending in some of thier welfare money to the Obama campaign. Today is his long planned money bomb day. Check out his grand total.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/maingroup/BaracksFridayProject

TechnoGuyRob
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Sweet damn, I'm envious.

Thomas Paine
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
That's a tad embarrassing.

TheNewYorker
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
r o f l. :D

Would be awesome if the MSM picked up on this, "copycat Obama fails to come close to meeting money bomb goal, 4.2999999 million short of the 4.3 million ron paul raised..."

but we all know that's not going to happen

Lord Xar
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
where are all of his Tens of Millions coming from?

I really think we should inspect hillarys and obama's totals and find the donars who are maxed... I would almost guarantee that many of them did not infact donate but are used as covers for the special interests......... to funnel money into.

Stacey S
11-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Is that for real?

grfgerger
11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
where are all of his Tens of Millions coming from?

I really think we should inspect hillarys and obama's totals and find the donars who are maxed... I would almost guarantee that many of them did not infact donate but are used as covers for the special interests......... to funnel money into.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is the case. Obama's support among college students is pretty high, I guess, but they are not actively campaigning for him like Ron Paul's are. Thus, they will not be spending their time promoting a grass-roots fundraising effort or doing things like canvassing. Those other millions must be coming from somewhere, because they certainly don't come from his "support base".

Edward
11-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Here is a bit of irony:

First of all, Obama's supporters have this to state about November 5th: "Paul's was a campaign effort, whereas we're doing this all by ourselves without any help from Obama." http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post_group/OpenLetterToObama/C5SN

Secondly, that "Grassroots fundraiser for Barack" appears on a website that was affectively set up by Obama's official campaign. http://my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/maingroup/BaracksFridayProject

hard@work
11-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Secondly, Paul's was a campaign effort, whereas we're doing this all by ourselves without any help from Obama.

WOW! Was that a deliberate LIE?!?

Nathan Hale
11-16-2007, 09:25 PM
His campaign isn't even taking it seriously, and the person behind it did little more than a Kos post and a tiny blog page. I think the donation drive was just some dude who has access to blogging on the myobama site. So yes, it's sad, but no, I don't think this is evidence that Obama has no support.

angrydragon
11-16-2007, 09:30 PM
It's still grassroots driven like the Nov. 5th drive. I guess it didn't spread like Ron Paul's grassroots' fire.

Vvick727
11-16-2007, 09:31 PM
aw thats so cute

*pinches cheeks*

Nathan Hale
11-17-2007, 08:46 PM
It's still grassroots driven like the Nov. 5th drive. I guess it didn't spread like Ron Paul's grassroots' fire.

Technically, you're right. Both were started by a supporter, but there are many differences between the two. The Obama bomb was started by a guy in what appears to be an afterthought. It looks like he spoke about it to almost nobody, and there was little discussion. Simply putting up the page isn't enough. The Paul bomb, in contrast, was discussed at length beforehand. A dedicated, domain-level page was established, and the bomb was marketed - A LOT.

It's important that we keep our eyes open to all the elements in cases like this. It appears that many in this thread are joking about Obama, as though he's incapable of raising large amounts of money in a short amount of time from his grassroots. That is, in my humble opinion, a patent underestimation.

I'm all for Ron Paul cheerleading, but lets not put on the blinders here.

ladyliberty
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Obamabomb song is stuck in my head now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QANdqjqLE9k

ProBlue33
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
he has so little money come i I almost feel sorry for the guy, useless promo