PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Circulation Issue, by LLepard Important

llepard
11-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Once again, HUGE THANKS to every member of this forum who helped with this project.

It really was an "Open Source" political message development model. Something I think the world will see more of.

There were good suggestions we just did not have time to do. Sorry if we did not incorporate your suggestion. It was not personal. Just business.

OK, time to get strategic.

Maximum bang for the buck.

I spoke to USA Today's circulation department today and I learned a great deal.

First, we nailed it with this date selection. They do an above average print run on this day because it is the busiest travel day of the entire year.

Second, they do not publish on Thursday, so they actually get two days of sales out of this one issue. SWEET! They also print more because of this.

That is the good news. There is going to be demand for the paper over two days. (Wed, and Thur) On Friday they come out with a new issue.

Here is the bad news. They only do one print run and an unsold newspaper costs them $.35. So, they try to not have a lot of leftovers. They do not do reprints of issues. They may do reprints of the page if there is enough demand.

Now, I spoke to the Director of Circulation, I have his name, number and email. I told him to expect a surge on this day because of the advertisement. He agrees there will be one he just does not know the size.

We need to convince him/them that this thing is going to be huge and he will take the risk of printing more. He suggested for example that we direct people to 7/11 stores because they have a good deal with that chain.

But, also we need to bombard USA Today with requests for multiple issues. They are not really set up to handle it, but getting thousands of emails will encourage them to print more. I am not going to release the Dir. of Circulation's email. He would kill me. But all you web gurus, have at it. Find emails where we can send them messages requesting copies.

The decision on how many to print does not get made until Tuesday afternoon. If USA Today is flooded with requests for this issue.....well you know the rest.

FINAL IMPORTANT POINT

Far be it from me to tell anyone on this forum what to do. I know that does not work. But, having said that I would kindly ask people to refrain from buying more than one extra copy unless they are going to give it to an undecided voter. Advertising to ourselves does not do us any good. If a reader wonders into his C Store on Thanksgiving and they are out of USA Today, and he/she would have bought one and seen the adv. then we lose a sale.

Do whatever you think is right, but be smart here people. We are in this to win.

No person or action is too small in this effort.

Thank you for listening.

Best, LWL

TechnoGuyRob
11-16-2007, 07:15 PM
USA Today (2)
Address 7950 Jones Branch Dr, McLean VA 22108
Tel 800-872-0001 or 703-854-3400
Fax 703-
Letters editor@usatoday.com
Op-Ed Editor Glen Nishimura gnishimura@usatoday.com

Steve Terrillion
Director of Prepress Operations
USA Today
703-854-5323
sterrillion@usatoday.com

Dozens of USA Today editors (http://www.bookmarket.com/usatoday.htm)

Enjoy.

jake
11-16-2007, 07:21 PM
NO ONE that is a RP supporter should hoard a copy for themselves when that copy could be in the hands of someone who has not been introduced to Ron Paul!

Lord Xar
11-16-2007, 07:23 PM
let the meetups know about this... BUT also not to buy too many.. we them out circulating

llepard
11-16-2007, 07:24 PM
USA Today (2)
Address 7950 Jones Branch Dr, McLean VA 22108
Tel 800-872-0001 or 703-854-3400
Fax 703-
Letters editor@usatoday.com
Op-Ed Editor Glen Nishimura gnishimura@usatoday.com

Steve Terrillion
Director of Prepress Operations
USA Today
703-854-5323
sterrillion@usatoday.com

Dozens of USA Today editors (http://www.bookmarket.com/usatoday.htm)

Enjoy.

Excellent. This forum is the best.

OK, Team, you know what to do. Polite, orders for multiple copies. The larger the better.

LWL

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
There is an easy solution, if one wants extras just wait till Thanksgiving night and buy any left over, will make the store owner and USA Today happy and every non Ron Paul supporter will have a chance. I will buy one and then wait to buy more.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

ricky
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Great Job.

Ninja Homer
11-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Is there a way to pre-order copies? When the mosaic ad was run in Aimes, a lot of people ordered them, so they were able to print up as many extra copies as they needed. It worked out well, and they were more than happy to do it. If I remember right, it was only $2 per paper, shipped.

I have some ideas on how to get some extra milage out of this ad. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a busy night for restaurants, and the biggest night of the year for bars.

People could leave copies in waiting areas of restaurants that are typically busy. It would get some extra views from people who don't normally read USA Today. Drop them off early, and they will usually stay there all day, being read by a lot of people. edit: Stick some slimjims in it while you're at it!

It would be a good night to start up Ron Paul conversations at your local bar. Bring in a copy of USA Today, and just point the ad out to people and say something like, "Have you heard of this guy? He sounds pretty awesome!"

Bryan
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
There is an easy solution, if one wants extras just wait till Thanksgiving night and buy any left over, will make the store owner and USA Today happy and every non Ron Paul supporter will have a chance. I will buy one and then wait to buy more.

Agreed- it would be good to find out if those unsold get recollected within a city area- one could then go there and buy up extra.

Another random thought - if you order extra you could do a sign wave on the evening of the 21st and sell/give out copies at busy intersections (think massive holiday traffic). :) Don't think many would want to do that but it could help get the circulation up. Anything for Ron Paul however, no? :)

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Patronizing 7/11 is good. If we can find out when they get the new papers, we can scoop up all of the remaining ones at the end of the day and let others get first dibbs.

max
11-16-2007, 07:35 PM
please people.....like larry said...just buy 2 copies...but dont clean out the store or the boxes...

we want a balance bewteen achieving a noticeable circulation spike while not depriving regular readers of a chance to see the ad

Bryan
11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Looks like you can order back issues for $2.95 off their web site:

https://service.usatoday.com/shop/shop.jsp?CategoryID=1&Refresh=True

Mark
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM

I'd suggest asking at hotels for leftover copies too.

The ones that would get thrown away when the next edition comes out.

Or, perhaps, even, contacting a hotel or store that carries the paper,
and finding out who delivers it,
and contacting that person for any extra copies that they might have leftover.
You might get them for free or cost.

llepard
11-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Is there a way to pre-order copies? When the mosaic ad was run in Aimes, a lot of people ordered them, so they were able to print up as many extra copies as they needed. It worked out well, and they were more than happy to do it. If I remember right, it was only $2 per paper, shipped.

I have some ideas on how to get some extra milage out of this ad. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a busy night for restaurants, and the biggest night of the year for bars.

People could leave copies in waiting areas of restaurants that are typically busy. It would get some extra views from people who don't normally read USA Today. Drop them off early, and they will usually stay there all day, being read by a lot of people. edit: Stick some slimjims in it while you're at it!

It would be a good night to start up Ron Paul conversations at your local bar. Bring in a copy of USA Today, and just point the ad out to people and say something like, "Have you heard of this guy? He sounds pretty awesome!"

They aren't really set up for this. But, hey they are in the business of selling newspapers. So......send em an email and tell them you want to buy 10 copies, they only cost $.75 per copy, so its not a lot of dough.

If they receive hundreds or even thousands of emails, guess what..................... they will increase the print run.

SO DO IT. SEND IN EMAILS AND GET ALL MEET UP GROUPS TO SEND IN EMAILS.

How can they be mad. We are customers, we want to buy their product.

Let them worry about the logisitics.

DO IT NOW!!!!! Send an email.

Edward
11-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Far be it from me to tell anyone on this forum what to do. I know that does not work. But, having said that I would kindly ask people to refrain from buying more than one extra copy unless they are going to give it to an undecided voter. Advertising to ourselves does not do us any good. If a reader wonders into his C Store on Thanksgiving and they are out of USA Today, and he/she would have bought one and seen the adv. then we lose a sale.Another way to look at this if you are traveling is to buy a copy and leave it in the waiting area... perhaps open it to the ad. Someone else will pick it up and read it. They cannot read it if it's still in the machine or on the stand.

max
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
bump...

this is critical

Bryan
11-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Think, for $0.75 a copy it may be the cheapest way to get something printed that size. Extras can be hung up all over the place at that price. :)

I want to pre-order a 100- off to mail them.

Bruehound
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I will wait to buy my copy on Thursday.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Think, for $0.75 a copy it may be the cheapest way to get something printed that size. Extras can be hung up all over the place at that price. :)

I want to pre-order a 100- off to mail them.How do you pre order them? Do I just ask my local 7-11 for them ahead of time?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

Mark
11-16-2007, 09:13 PM
How do you pre order them?
Do I just ask my local 7-11 for them ahead of time?

Ok.. I called the 1-800 number and asked about pre-ordering.

There isn't an option to do that as far as the rep knew.
He asked, but, still, no method in place it seems.

He did have a good idea though.

Maybe contact a hotel to add to their order for that day,

or, at least find out who delivers their paper,
and contact them to see if they can pre-order more for that day.

And after about 10-15 minutes, I think we have another supporter
in FLA for Dr Paul, and he'll turn his friends on to RP too.

Plus, I pimped the forum too, so,
we might see him here soon as well, which would be nice. :)

Starks
11-16-2007, 09:15 PM
What page is the ad on?

Leslie Webb
11-16-2007, 09:22 PM
How about sending an email about the ad to Jack Cafferty at CNN? Send him a preview, let him let him know it's running. He has been very supportive of Ron Paul.

torchbearer
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
How about sending an email about the ad to Jack Cafferty at CNN? Send him a preview, let him let him know it's running. He has been very supportive of Ron Paul.

make it so.

Mark
11-16-2007, 09:30 PM
What page is the ad on?

I'm not sure exactly where it will be, but I remember this much..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37965&page=4

Per llepard (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=239) :

It will be black and white.

It will be on the right hand side, or to the right of the fold.

It will be full page.

Yes, NATIONAL Edition (not International we need to send it via PDF to foreign fans.) Circulation is 2.2 million or more.

Muuuuuuwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaaa....... take that corporate bought candidates and mainstream media!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cien750hp
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
i think he said it'd be in the first section, the news section.
but correct me if im wrong
this is gonna be awesome.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I was in Carmel yesterday and saw a stack of USA Today papers at the
front desk.
I asked the manager what they do with the leftovers and he said that
USA Today is one of the few papers that actually gives them credit
for returned copies.

I am thinking the hotels would rather sell them then return them to
USA and anyone interested could pick up a number of copies cheap at
hotels.

I've printed up copies of the second version (next to last) to be
handed out at the Rio event tomorrow. Come and get 'em.

Maybe Steve could post this idea on the forums.

Yours in Liberty,
Don

James R
11-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not so sure there will be a surge of USA Today orders. I mean, how many of us both know about the ad and will buy the paper because of it? Even if it were 10,000 people, that would be a drop in the bucket for them. I suppose if the ad itself gets significant press then it will result in higher sales.

EDIT - Also, lets simply buy the paper just before the store closes. This way the only papers we buy would have been thrown out any way.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm not so sure there will be a surge of USA Today orders. I mean, how many of us both know about the ad and will buy the paper because of it? Even if it were 10,000 people, that would be a drop in the bucket for them. I suppose if the ad itself gets significant press then it will result in higher sales.

EDIT - Also, lets simply buy the paper just before the store closes. This way the only papers we buy would have been thrown out any way.I'm guessing there are least one member from each meet up group here on these forums and I have sent this info onto mine, how about you? I also sent them the article on Jim Condits video of Ron Paul he will run in New Hampshire and Iowa.

Jmaths117
11-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Once again, HUGE THANKS to every member of this forum who helped with this project.

It really was an "Open Source" political message development model. Something I think the world will see more of.

There were good suggestions we just did not have time to do. Sorry if we did not incorporate your suggestion. It was not personal. Just business.

OK, time to get strategic.

Maximum bang for the buck.

I spoke to USA Today's circulation department today and I learned a great deal.

First, we nailed it with this date selection. They do an above average print run on this day because it is the busiest travel day of the entire year.

Second, they do not publish on Thursday, so they actually get two days of sales out of this one issue. SWEET! They also print more because of this.

That is the good news. There is going to be demand for the paper over two days. (Wed, and Thur) On Friday they come out with a new issue.

Here is the bad news. They only do one print run and an unsold newspaper costs them $.35. So, they try to not have a lot of leftovers. They do not do reprints of issues. They may do reprints of the page if there is enough demand.

Now, I spoke to the Director of Circulation, I have his name, number and email. I told him to expect a surge on this day because of the advertisement. He agrees there will be one he just does not know the size.

We need to convince him/them that this thing is going to be huge and he will take the risk of printing more. He suggested for example that we direct people to 7/11 stores because they have a good deal with that chain.

But, also we need to bombard USA Today with requests for multiple issues. They are not really set up to handle it, but getting thousands of emails will encourage them to print more. I am not going to release the Dir. of Circulation's email. He would kill me. But all you web gurus, have at it. Find emails where we can send them messages requesting copies.

The decision on how many to print does not get made until Tuesday afternoon. If USA Today is flooded with requests for this issue.....well you know the rest.

FINAL IMPORTANT POINT

Far be it from me to tell anyone on this forum what to do. I know that does not work. But, having said that I would kindly ask people to refrain from buying more than one extra copy unless they are going to give it to an undecided voter. Advertising to ourselves does not do us any good. If a reader wonders into his C Store on Thanksgiving and they are out of USA Today, and he/she would have bought one and seen the adv. then we lose a sale.

Do whatever you think is right, but be smart here people. We are in this to win.

No person or action is too small in this effort.

Thank you for listening.

Best, LWL

Thank you so much for what you have done.

llepard
11-17-2007, 03:13 AM
What page is the ad on?

We don't know, but we do know that it will be in the first section, News.

It will also be on the right hand side. (of the fold).

lastnymleft
11-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Here's a thought:

USA Today give a 35c credit for unsold newspapers. How about offer the 7-11 (or wherever) 40c, or 50c (Per paper), to buy all unsold papers from them IF they allow you to stick some slim jims / stickers in their batch of papers beforehand?

* USA Today saves having to pay the credits
* Retailer gets more for the papers
* The papers, with ads, can be put into further circulation, giving Ron Paul more coverage.

WIN:WIN:WIN

Libertarian
11-17-2007, 04:00 AM
If there are any issues leftover on the last night, would it be wise to buy up those issues and spread them around town (in waiting rooms, etc with the page opened to the RP ad) ?

I believe we shouldn't do this UNLESS they are going to be unread...so it's probably a good idea to go out around midnight on Thursday to buy the remaining issues before the new issue on Friday..

just a thought..

krott5333
11-17-2007, 04:02 AM
im just going to buy a dozen or so papers at the end of the night, and take out the ad itself and use it as a poster around campus.

european
11-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Ok.. I called the 1-800 number and asked about pre-ordering.

There isn't an option to do that as far as the rep knew.
He asked, but, still, no method in place it seems.

He did have a good idea though.

Maybe contact a hotel to add to their order for that day,

or, at least find out who delivers their paper,
and contact them to see if they can pre-order more for that day.

And after about 10-15 minutes, I think we have another supporter
in FLA for Dr Paul, and he'll turn his friends on to RP too.

Plus, I pimped the forum too, so,
we might see him here soon as well, which would be nice. :)

LMAO :D
great job!

literatim
11-17-2007, 05:44 AM
I personally won't be buying one. I don't really need it and it would be better in the hands of someone else.

werdd
11-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks leppard, ill be picking one up, 711 just bought out every convenience store in town.

Apauled
11-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Great Job llepard, thanks again as I will be sending my e-mail ASAP!, Also what are your thoughts on on the congessman condit's vote fraud video, I think we strongly need to/have to support him?

Thanks again.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Great Job llepard, thanks again as I will be sending my e-mail ASAP!, Also what are your thoughts on on the congessman condit's vote fraud video, I think we strongly need to/have to support him?

Thanks again.
Please note Condit is only running for congress so he can use the media and get his message out. As much as he would like to win that would never happen. He is not a congressman now only very dedicated to getting fair vote counts for all candidates.

Mauiboy86
11-17-2007, 07:42 AM
This is such a great time in our country! When a movement like this creates so much synergism that random strangers get together to make the USA and ultimately the world a better place, you know change is in the air. Keep up the good work, you are all true patriots!

Mark
11-17-2007, 09:32 AM
im just going to buy a dozen or so papers at the end of the night, and take out the ad itself and use it as a poster around campus.

Please remember... that it's a.. TWO DAY ISSUE.. e.g.

there WILL NOT be an issue on Thanksgiving day.. so..

it will be on sale for TWO DAYS.. instead of the normal.. ONE day..

Twice as nice.. "more bang for the buck".. :)

or.. ROI.. ;) in "Capital " (money ect).. terms..

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Here's a thought:

USA Today give a 35c credit for unsold newspapers. How about offer the 7-11 (or wherever) 40c, or 50c (Per paper), to buy all unsold papers from them IF they allow you to stick some slim jims / stickers in their batch of papers beforehand?

* USA Today saves having to pay the credits
* Retailer gets more for the papers
* The papers, with ads, can be put into further circulation, giving Ron Paul more coverage.

WIN:WIN:WIN

that is an interesting proposition. i like it.

Henry
11-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Did anybody at USA Today happen to mention to you what the single largest (for one day) circulation is? Maybe we can beat it.

Thanks again!!!!

StrikerV
11-17-2007, 09:56 AM
How much did it cost to run an ad like this? Just wondering cause some others may be wanting to do it but not sure of the cost.

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 09:57 AM
How much did it cost to run an ad like this? Just wondering cause some others may be wanting to do it but not sure of the cost.

To put the ad in you local paper..it could be as cheap as $500 for a full page ad.
If we all put the ad in our local papers, we could get affordable nation wide ad coverage secondary to the USA Today.

CurtisLow
11-17-2007, 12:41 PM
To put the ad in you local paper..it could be as cheap as $500 for a full page ad.
If we all put the ad in our local papers, we could get affordable nation wide ad coverage secondary to the USA Today.

Hmm Not in my paper. They want $1700 just to put a 8.5x11 double sided flyer in it. Reaches only 30,000 :confused:

llepard
11-17-2007, 01:19 PM

It's a negotiated price. PM me for details. LWL

llepard
11-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Did anybody at USA Today happen to mention to you what the single largest (for one day) circulation is? Maybe we can beat it.

Thanks again!!!!

No, but that is a great question. I will call them on Monday to get an answer.

LWL

Mark
11-17-2007, 04:08 PM
LMAO :D
great job!

one does what one can.. ;)

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 04:20 PM
It's a negotiated price. PM me for details. LWLCould additional money be added to your ad to get a discount to run it more days and how much do you think would be needed? Could we get 3 for the price of 2?

T206
11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
No, but that is a great question. I will call them on Monday to get an answer.

LWL

Wonder if they would be willing to give you a smaller, free or heavily discounted placement some other day if we beat their previous record?

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Wonder if they would be willing to give you a smaller, free or heavily discounted placement some other day if we beat their previous record?

If the ad spurs record sales, you could use that fact in negotiations. They can generate more money when publishing Pro-Ron Paul material. They should make him front page news.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
YEA, sounds great, one hand washing the other! If we know this in advance we might be able to break their all time sales record. Plus it would set a good example for other media outlets to know how we can help them also by helping the grassroots Paul supporters. Time to jump on the Ron Paul Grassroots media band wagon.

AggieforPaul
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks. I wont be buying a copy. Ive seen the ad and its great; now I want an undecided voter to see it and vote for our man.

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
YEA, sounds great, one hand washing the other! If we know this in advance we might be able to break their all time sales record. Plus it would set a good example for other media outlets to know how we can help them also by helping the grassroots Paul supporters. Time to jump on the Ron Paul Grassroots media band wagon.

We will break it anyway... the support is there. the interest is there. I am fully confident in the USA Today being sold out.

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I wont be buying a copy. Ive seen the ad and its great; now I want an undecided voter to see it and vote for our man.

Wait until thursday night, and go get a copy before the stores throw the extras away.. in fact, buy all their extras before they throw them away and hand them out to people.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Wait until thursday night, and go get a copy before the stores throw the extras away.. in fact, buy all their extras before they throw them away and hand them out to people.
Plus hotels and such.

torchbearer
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Plus hotels and such.

Those too! In fact, you may end up getting them for free on thursday night. Free handouts! just cut the ad out and put them up all over town. lepard paid for them, now its our job to maximize their effectiveness.

kylejack
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I printed the ad out on 11x17 paper and I'm going to post it on a bunch of bulletin boards at grocery stores and such. I wonder if we could get a direct mail campaign going to early primary states with the ad.

phoobaar
11-17-2007, 05:16 PM
llepard, you, sir, are an American Patriot, and I salute you and thank you!

lastnymleft
11-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Could additional money be added to your ad to get a discount to run it more days and how much do you think would be needed? Could we get 3 for the price of 2?

Whilst repetition is good, in a perfect world of unlimited funding, in terms of bang-for-your-buck we must recognize that something like this would display 80:20 Rule characteristics, and repeated print runs would provide impacts measured according to the law of diminishing returns.

No, after this, you need to hit a new market. The Wall Street Journal has circulation comparable to USAT (2 Million; NYTimes has 1Million), so the WSJ is the next obvious target market, in terms of bang-for-your-buck. But because it is a *different* market, it should be a different ad, focusing on economic/financial aspects. I go into such here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=426778&postcount=104

This particular USAT ad could gain biggest impact by being run in new markets, with similar demographics to USAT. eg general regional papers. And a color version should be produced, so it can be distributed for being put up in shop windows (etc.) by all the local meetup groups.

kylejack
11-17-2007, 07:33 PM
If we run in WSJ, we may want to re-formulate with a bit more emphasis on economics. And I think its a fantastic idea.

Voice
11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
What kylejack said.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Whilst repetition is good, in a perfect world of unlimited funding, in terms of bang-for-your-buck we must recognize that something like this would display 80:20 Rule characteristics, and repeated print runs would provide impacts measured according to the law of diminishing returns.

No, after this, you need to hit a new market. The Wall Street Journal has circulation comparable to USAT (2 Million; NYTimes has 1Million), so the WSJ is the next obvious target market, in terms of bang-for-your-buck. But because it is a *different* market, it should be a different ad, focusing on economic/financial aspects. I go into such here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=426778&postcount=104

This particular USAT ad could gain biggest impact by being run in new markets, with similar demographics to USAT. eg general regional papers. And a color version should be produced, so it can be distributed for being put up in shop windows (etc.) by all the local meetup groups.From my general observation and a little reading that most advertising appears repeatedly in the same media whether a particular newspaper or TV show. And the savings in repeat ads does give more bang for the buck. The same viewers have to be hit several times for an impact.

TinaBopper
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
"They only do one print run and an unsold newspaper costs them $.35"

If they have to buy back the unsold copies at 35 cents each, can we, in turn, purchase the extras from them? Just a thought.

Tina

Dequeant
11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I-Report and I-caught. Tell them of this, spam them with it if need be. First off, they *may* publicize it before hand, increasing sales and EASILY convincing USA Today to print additional copies.......2nd off, it's extra free nationwide press for our Cause.

I-REPORT and I-CAUGHT.....SPAM UM WITH THE NEWS, DONT FORGET TO INCLUDE LLEPARD's NAME AND THE PRICE HE PAID!

http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/topics/forms/breaking.news.html

http://abcnews.go.com/icaught/iCaught

KingTheoden
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Llepard, you are a true knight worthy of bards' tales from now until Ragnarök for taking on this project. USA Today is a great way to reach 'mainstream' folks that can be brought over to our side.

lastnymleft
11-17-2007, 10:21 PM
From my general observation and a little reading that most advertising appears repeatedly in the same media whether a particular newspaper or TV show. And the savings in repeat ads does give more bang for the buck. The same viewers have to be hit several times for an impact.

Those comments are valid, but only for a closed-system, where the entire target population is covered by the marketing. That is not the case here. In a system where there are 300 million people, and USAToday only has circulation of 2 million, greater bang-for-your-buck can be had by moving to fresh markets.

We need to get around 70-80 million people to vote for Our Ron, not just the 2 million USAT readers.

Libertarian
11-17-2007, 10:33 PM

I'll be getting some leftover copies Thursday night, and dropping a few off on Sunday morning at Bob Evans. They usually have a long wait for the Church crowd, and lots of people sitting inside on the benches..I hope they pass them around. :)

steph3n
11-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks leppard, ill be picking one up, 711 just bought out every convenience store in town.

Here south of abilene too, heck they even mop the floors now!

Bryan
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Huge bump!!

torchbearer
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
November 21tst is my christmas. its taking so long to get here.

Question_Authority
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Well, I WILL be buying a copy and I will bring it to Thanksgiving Dinner and while everyone is sitting around digesting their meal talking about the weather and other minutia, I will open the newspaper to the ad and say "Oh my goodness, look at this ad..."

Yadda yadda yadda...