PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash votes to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress

specsaregood
06-20-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/06/justin_amash_votes_to_hold_att.html

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Rep. Justin Amash, who sits on the federal Committee on Government Oversight and Reform, said today that Attorney General Eric Holder’s defiance of a congressional subpoena earned him a contempt of Congress charge.

Amash, R-Cascade Township, has been among a group of Republicans who have called for Holder to resign for the botched “Fast and Furious” program that led to the death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, a Michigan native.

“Attorney General Holder has refused to comply with a congressional subpoena requiring him to hand over documents related to Operation Fast and Furious. Pursuing contempt was not the Committee’s nor my first choice for resolving the issue. Unfortunately, the Department of Justice forced the Committee’s action by deliberately obstructing our investigation,” Amash said in a statement.

http://media.mlive.com/grpress/news_impact/photo/10794080-large.jpg

more at link above.

jj-
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
easy vote.

specsaregood
06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
easy vote.

does amash have the some weird eyebrow issue as ron? but like a young person version of the issue.

Kluge
06-20-2012, 10:06 PM
does amash have the some weird eyebrow issue as ron? but like a young person version of the issue.

Part Middle Eastern.

Kludge has actually had some weird eyebrow issues lately--must be something in the water here in MI.

jj-
06-20-2012, 10:06 PM

I think Amash's behave better.

Kluge
06-20-2012, 10:08 PM

Old men have crazy eyebrow/ear/nose hair.

specsaregood
06-20-2012, 10:08 PM

right cuz they are young and not old enough to not give a crap yet.

Spoa
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Thank you Senator (I wish)...Congressman Amash!