PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the 2012 Presidential Election...and the winner is?

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think the election will be that close. Obama could lose Ohio, Florida, and Virgina and still win this election. I happen to believe he will carry at least two of those and will likely take all three states. Obama will win Pennsylvania no doubt.

This is how I see the 2012 Presidential Election unfolding.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/PresidentialElection2012.png

LatinsforPaul
06-20-2012, 06:26 PM
If Dr. Paul is NOT the nominee...

and you are correct, then that is fine with me because we can then work on.....

RAND PAUL 2016 :D

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2012, 06:39 PM
If Dr. Paul is NOT the nominee...

and you are correct, then that is fine with me because we can then work on.....

RAND PAUL 2016 :D
That was my view when McCain got stomped, I literally cheered, because it helped Ron Paul supporters strategically. Obama cleaning Romney's clock will be a further example to republicans that establishment candidates can't win against democrats. 2016 might finally be our time.

COpatriot
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
That looks about right except for possibly Ohio and Florida. I don't think Obama will take both.

phill4paul
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
There can be a world of change between now and November. A world. I wouldn't be placing any bets on anything these days.

losinglife
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
whats nice about romney losing (if he is the nom blah blah) is that the gop generally makes the previous cycles 2nd place winner the nominee.

So 2016 would pretty much mean Ron should take it. Tho he prolly wont run so who knows if rand will take it. Then again, i think "everyone" considers Santorum to be second place..... so that could really suck balls.

Drex
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Obama will get on electoral from Nebraska, he did in 08 and probably will repeat

libertyfanatic
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
The way that the electoral map is set up, it's gonna be real hard for any future Republican to win.

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
That looks about right except for possibly Ohio and Florida. I don't think Obama will take both.
I concede you those points. Ohio and especially Florida were hard to call. As of now though, I think Obama pulls them out of hat.

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Obama will get on electoral from Nebraska, he did in 08 and probably will repeat
Good point, Nebraska and Maine are slightly proportional in their electoral tally.

James Madison
06-20-2012, 08:07 PM
whats nice about romney losing (if he is the nom blah blah) is that the gop generally makes the previous cycles 2nd place winner the nominee.

So 2016 would pretty much mean Ron should take it. Tho he prolly wont run so who knows if rand will take it. Then again, i think "everyone" considers Santorum to be second place..... so that could really suck balls.

If the GOP is dumb enough to run Santorum in 2016 it will signal the end of the party. Check this all-star line-up: Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum. If Ron can get rested up for a final run in four years we have a great shot at winning Iowa and New Hampshire. Hopefully, the rest will fall in to place.

I concede you those points. Ohio and especially Florida were hard to call. As of now though, I think Obama pulls them out of hat.

Ohio should go Dem. Florida is a closer call.

Bastiat's The Law
06-20-2012, 08:09 PM
The way that the electoral map is set up, it's gonna be real hard for any future Republican to win.
Establishment republicans yes, but not libertarian republicans. Libertarianism is the future, especially in the west and New England states.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Romney will pick the atrocious Kelly Ayotte of NH as VP.

I can't speak for the rest of New England but he will take NH.

You heard it here, first.

Weston White
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Well, aside from the rumors that Mitt Romney had been snuck into this years Bilderberg meeting (e.g., presumably to be groomed and confirmed for his rise into the puppet position of the U.S. Presidency), Henry Kissinger is now campaigning in support of Mitt Romney. So that is a fair-well indicator that Barry Soetoro (Obama) is out -even more-so that when Obama initially had taken office, Henry Kissinger was in utter praise of his potential for bringing the very real possibility of a new world order. See at: Kissinger headlines Romney event (http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/06/kissinger-headlines-romney-fundraiser-126523.html)

Kluge
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Romney won't win MA?

That's pretty bad. I understand why he won't win his home state of MI, but MA? Shit.

I don't have any predictions except that I'll still be disgusted no matter which one of these jackasses wins.

NoOneButPaul
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Obama could lose Ohio, Florida, and Virgina and still win this election.

Only if he carried Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennslyvania.

There's a lot of time left before the election, i'm fairly confident that Obama will win but I doubt it's done so easily.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Romney won't win MA?

That's pretty bad. I understand why he won't win his home state of MI, but MA? Shit.

I don't have any predictions except that I'll still be disgusted no matter which one of these jackasses wins.

No, Mass is as solidly "blue" as they come. He'd have a better shot at winning IL or NY.

He won't take MA.

But I'm fairly certain he'll take NH.

Bastiat's The Law
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
If the GOP is dumb enough to run Santorum in 2016 it will signal the end of the party. Check this all-star line-up: Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum. If Ron can get rested up for a final run in four years we have a great shot at winning Iowa and New Hampshire. Hopefully, the rest will fall in to place.

Ohio should go Dem. Florida is a closer call.
If we can't beat Rick Santorum with Rand Paul in the 2016 primary we deserve to lose. That's how horrible Santorum is. Rand is a firebrand though and he'll light up Rick like a Christmas tree with his scathing criticism. Rand is a fighter, Ron is a professor.

I was tempted to split Ohio and Florida, giving Obama Ohio and Romney Florida. I think people will gravitate back to Obama in the end though.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-21-2012, 03:47 PM
If the election were today, Obama would lose I think.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out once the big money gets involved.

Bastiat's The Law
06-21-2012, 03:50 PM

I thought he was going to pick the guy from Ohio? Romney's team is conservative, at least in how they go about running a campaign, so don't expect any surprise X-factor type VP choices ala Sarah Palin. They will go with the safe choice in the end.

Bastiat's The Law
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Romney won't win MA?

Romney will get his clock cleaned in MA, I expect he'll also get trounced in MI.

Bastiat's The Law
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM

I think she'd be a long shot for VP choice.

Uriah
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Life long Iowan here. Obama has a slim chance to win this state. Independents win elections here and they aren't sold on four more years of Obama.

Bastiat's The Law
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Big win for Obama today!

asurfaholic
06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Nc will be blue -guarantee it

Liberty74
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Current polling data has Romney leading in WI, VA and even MI.

If Romney picks up Rubio, you can count in FL and NM as well.

We shall see how big of a factor Gary Johnson becomes in certain states.

Liberty74
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
That was my view when McCain got stomped, I literally cheered, because it helped Ron Paul supporters strategically. Obama cleaning Romney's clock will be a further example to republicans that establishment candidates can't win against democrats. 2016 might finally be our time.

Many in here have yet to understand politics. McCain did not lose because he was an establishment candidate. Right after the Republican convention in Sept, McCain/Palin jumped to a 10 point lead among likely voters. Four days later what happened? The stock market crashed. The rest his history...

There are events that take place (some natural, some staged) that will determine who wins in 2012. As of this minute, Obama has nothing going for him. All economic indicators are BAD and will not be getting better by November. The only way Obama wins is because of Gary Johnson pulling a Nader on Romney in a state or two.

Obama has lost women support, black support, union support and youth support. It will be very hard for Obama to pull off a win as of today.

There might not even be a 2016 because of the world economic collapse and the quad trillion derivative market on the verge of going belly up. If so, 2016 will look very ugly... and the police state set up over the last 10 years has been passed to prepare for such coming. Now dodge those drones dropping missiles on you. :p

Dutch
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Today Romney announced that the first thing he will do as POTUS is get rid of Obamacare. On his first day.
No way Big Pharma will let that happen. ROmney will not be allowed to be president.

On the other hand, I remember some Obama promises about Guantanamo Bay, and the War in Iraq...

Anti Federalist
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Obama has lost women support, black support, union support and youth support.

LOL - Depending on which polling data set you want to believe, Obomba got 93 yo 98 percent of the black vote in 2012.

I have no doubt at all that he will get similar results this time.

Anti Federalist
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Today Romney announced that the first thing he will do as POTUS is get rid of Obamacare. On his first day.
No way Big Pharma will let that happen. ROmney will not be allowed to be president.

On the other hand, I remember some Obama promises about Guantanamo Bay, and the War in Iraq...

And he will do that, how, exactly?

Dictatorial decree?

Lol, what a bad joke this has all become.

JustinTime
06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
And he will do that, how, exactly?

Dictatorial decree?

Lol, what a bad joke this has all become.

Well Obama has changed immigration law with dictatorial decree...

Or ... the Obama Administration has already granted thousands of waivers for some or all of the Obamacare requirements, why not just kill Obamacare with these waivers, just waiver everyone on everything.

Just thoughts.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't think the election will be that close. Obama could lose Ohio, Florida, and Virgina and still win this election. I happen to believe he will carry at least two of those and will likely take all three states. Obama will win Pennsylvania no doubt.

Okay then. So, why is this such a bad thing for me? If Obama is more like Ron Paul, then I guess I'm more of a Democrat when the electoral system is reduced to a two party system. I guess I should go out tonight and celebrate with all those who cheered when the murderer of Nichole Simpson was found not guilty.
Yippee!

Bastiat's The Law
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Nc will be blue -guarantee it
Highly unlikely.

Bastiat's The Law
06-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Current polling data has Romney leading in WI, VA and even MI.

If Romney picks up Rubio, you can count in FL and NM as well.

We shall see how big of a factor Gary Johnson becomes in certain states.
Obama will win WI, VA, and MI quite handily. Rubio won't help much with Mexican voters, mostly because he's NOT Mexican. He could easily get hung out to dry by Hispanics as a turncoat as well.

Bastiat's The Law
06-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Okay then. So, why is this such a bad thing for me? If Obama is more like Ron Paul, then I guess I'm more of a Democrat when the electoral system is reduced to a two party system. I guess I should go out tonight and celebrate with all those who cheered when the murderer of Nichole Simpson was found not guilty.
Yippee!
Way to miss the point. Never said Obama was like Paul.

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Month later and my prediction is looking good gents!

jbauer
08-06-2012, 08:22 AM
I see it about like that. Where can I purchase Rand Paul 2016 signs?

If we can't beat Rick Santorum with Rand Paul in the 2016 primary we deserve to lose. That's how horrible Santorum is. Rand is a firebrand though and he'll light up Rick like a Christmas tree with his scathing criticism. Rand is a fighter, Ron is a professor.

I was tempted to split Ohio and Florida, giving Obama Ohio and Romney Florida. I think people will gravitate back to Obama in the end though.

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I see it about like that. Where can I purchase Rand Paul 2016 signs?
Not sure, but this would make a great sign.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561389_334708569933597_1053830370_n.jpg

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 12:42 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg

jclay2
11-07-2012, 12:46 AM
dang...good call.

youngbuck
11-07-2012, 01:14 AM

Damn, that was uncanny. Well done.

Bastiat's The Law
11-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Thanks guys. Tried to be as objective as possible.

squarepusher
11-07-2012, 01:47 AM
well done good sir