PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: 'No way' on being ready to endorse Romney

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 05:52 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/19/ron-paul-no-way-on-being-ready-to-endorse-romney/

ClydeCoulter
06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
:D just :D

Bruehound
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
And Rand is now free to throw punches at Rmoney at will under the cover of a perfunctory "endorsement". Freaking brilliant. It's been a great day.

RickyJ
06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
And Rand is now free to throw punches at Rmoney at will under the cover of a perfunctory "endorsement". Freaking brilliant. It's been a great day.

He is also free to rescind his endorsement of Romney at any time. Now would be a good time.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I heard Ron say in his speech that as a taxpayer, he helps pay for the conventions-or what he called "grand parties"-and therefore has a right to push his own message at the event. Since the Tampa convention is funded by taxpayers, couldn't it be said that it must be considered a federal funded event? Am I understanding this correctly? That is the second time I heard Ron say that we the taxpayers pay for both conventions for both parties. If the taxpayers foot the bill for this eventually, not the Dems or the GOP, then they cannot coerce any voters/delegates in any way. Can somebody clarify this for me?

Chester Copperpot
06-19-2012, 06:14 PM
I heard Ron say in his speech that as a taxpayer, he helps pay for the conventions-or what he called "grand parties"-and therefore has a right to push his own message at the event. Since the Tampa convention is funded by taxpayers, couldn't it be said that it must be considered a federal funded event? Am I understanding this correctly? That is the second time I heard Ron say that we the taxpayers pay for both conventions for both parties. If the taxpayers foot the bill for this eventually, not the Dems or the GOP, then they cannot coerce any voters/delegates in any way. Can somebody clarify this for me?

you know what??? That's an excellent point.

ProIndividual
06-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Holy conspiracy theory, Batman!

FSP-Rebel
06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
no way jose

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Yes. You also might be interested in this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381055-Senator-Coburn-wants-parties-to-refund-convention-money

jay_dub
06-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Yup..he's planting a seed in people's minds and it also could (most likely will) be used in the suit.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes. You also might be interested in this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381055-Senator-Coburn-wants-parties-to-refund-convention-money

Interesting. I didn't see your post from yesterday. So as of now, we DO pay for this event. The convention is a federally funded event. A federally funded election event means any voters or delegates must be protected from coercive influences that would attempt to influence the process and impose a desired outcome.......

parocks
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM

boo you. dead to me. etc. just kidding. Some of "our people" elsewhere are still plenty mad at Rand. I don't get it. He's been saying for a while that he'd endorse the nominee, which makes the endorsement meaningless.