PDA

View Full Version : Something funny happened to me on the way home from work...

Monotaur
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Hey all,

I was driving home from work yesterday and while at a stop light, I noticed the person behind me put their phone up to their windshield. I can only presume they were taking a picture of my trifecta of bumper stickers (Ron Paul 2012 window cling, Ron Paul Revolution bumper sticker on my rear window, and a Campaign for Liberty cling).

I sometimes see Ron Paul bumper stickers around, and I've gotten honked at once from a fellow supporter, but never had people take pictures of my car before.

Anyone else have this happen to you?

Drex
06-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I was at a stop light one time. Someone rolled down their window ( I was thinking oh great they're going to give me their 2 cents ) and told me they liked my bumper stickers and asked where to get them. I told him, then asked if he going to vote in the upcoming primary.. as he pulled away... HELLL YEAH! RON PAUL!

It happens in the weirdest places haha.

jcannon98188
06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Had a cop put a RP2012 bumper sticker up to his window as he drove past me (It wasn't on the car, it was in his hand) before giving me the "fight the power" fist and drove away

atomicsink
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
After the 2008 primaries, when Ron Paul dropped out, I was filling my tank and a guy on a bike rode by and yelled "Ron Paul is a traitor to this country". Of course he kept on riding, didn't even stick around to hear a rebuttal. 2012 haven't experienced anything bad, and this time I have 2 stickers.

Mini-Me
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Had a cop put a RP2012 bumper sticker up to his window as he drove past me (It wasn't on the car, it was in his hand) before giving me the "fight the power" fist and drove away

Hahahaha, no way! That's awesome! :)

ronpaulfollower999
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Don't fret. Once saw this awesome Ron Paul decal and took a cellphone pic of it.

heavenlyboy34
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
wonders never cease. :D

coastie
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM

:eek: I swear, that was what was getting me pulled over to the point of almost being comical last campaign. I'm no longer in Law Enforcement like I was during last campaign, though, so I never got around to ordering bumper stickers because I'd like to limit my contact with those types as much as possible, thankyouverymuch, and I'm 100% positive that's why I was getting pulled over so much '07-'09(when I finally took the sticker off)...

...but the sign is still hanging tuff in the front yard!

Apparition
06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I once took a picture of someone's car because of their bumper stickers.... because of how ridiculous it was.

Dude had an 08 Obama/Biden sticker on one side... and on the other side he had a sticker that said "I'm a constitution voter".....

Thanehand
06-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, don't worry. I have a few photos of fellow Paul supporter vehicles from 2008 and 2012 that I've taken. And I'm sure some have taken a photo of the electronic scrolling sign (https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQD3gZzu8E2jaExY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41aKWoD2RZL._SL500_.jpg) and Ron Paul vinyl lettering in my car's back window as well ;)

satchelmcqueen
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
all the time

mt4rp
06-19-2012, 04:35 PM
A couple days ago, I gave a young couple the thumbs as I passed them for their 2012 sticker, They sped up and gave me the thumbs up and called me old school for my 08 stickers on my ride

MikeStanart
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
A couple days ago, I gave a young couple the thumbs as I passed them for their 2012 sticker, They sped up and gave me the thumbs up and called me old school for my 08 stickers on my ride

I cringed when I took my 2008 sticker off; but it had to be done for anonymity during the county and state conventions.

Monotaur
06-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Not worried, I was just amused.

I did remember another time recently I was driving and noticed the people behind making odd hand gestures... I then noticed that one was pointing at my car, amused, trying to show his passenger.

:)

Brian4Liberty
06-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey all,

I was driving home from work yesterday and while at a stop light, I noticed the person behind me put their phone up to their windshield. I can only presume they were taking a picture of my trifecta of bumper stickers (Ron Paul 2012 window cling, Ron Paul Revolution bumper sticker on my rear window, and a Campaign for Liberty cling).

I sometimes see Ron Paul bumper stickers around, and I've gotten honked at once from a fellow supporter, but never had people take pictures of my car before.

Anyone else have this happen to you?

"See something, say something." Picture was forwarded to DHS for further investigation. :eek:

QWDC
06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I've seen a truck in town a couple of times before that had at least ~15 bumper stickers total of: Ron Paul 1988, Ron Paul 2008, Rand Paul 2010, and Ron Paul 2012. I took a picture and I'll upload it if I can find it.

Lord Xar
06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
The other day I had some dude whiz by me in a BMW, new, and literally stick his head out the window and yell "FUCK R** P***" and give me the finger... and sped off even faster. First time that has ever happened. I contemplated what must be going thru that dudes mind, speeding by in a high dollar new BMW. Of course, I returned the bird and laughed in his face. ..... curious indeed.

Okie RP fan
06-19-2012, 07:16 PM
The other day I had some dude whiz by me in a BMW, new, and literally stick his head out the window and yell "FUCK R** P***" and give me the finger... and sped off even faster. First time that has ever happened. I contemplated what must be going thru that dudes mind, speeding by in a high dollar new BMW. Of course, I returned the bird and laughed in his face. ..... curious indeed.

Gotta love big shots like that...

I had a similar situation happen just the other day. I've got a RP magnet right on my tailgate.

Anyway, light turns green, I start going and immediately, before we are even through the intersection, this guy behind me is RIGHT on my tail. So, I stay calm and keep increasing speed. The guy never backs off, most of the time I couldn't see his headlights (that means he is right up on me). So, I finally get about 5 over the speed limit and the guy starts swerving. Technically, there was plenty of room for him to pass me, only there was a turn lane (which no one was in and he could clearly see since he was swerving). We finally near the next intersection about a mile down and it tapers off into two other lanes. He very gradually passes me (for being in such a hurry, he sure didn't feel the need to speed past me when he had the chance), the whole time I'm rolling down my window so he sees me clearly, but, as he passed me, he just glares at me and has this pissed off look on his face.

So, I've had my share of bad drivers tailgating me, but, I finally got that feeling for the first time: "He was pissed at my RP magnet." I have no other way of explaining his actions other than he hated Ron Paul, so, decided to drive like an idiot and then glare at me while he passes me.

I could be wrong, and may be, but, I just got that feeling, you know?

VCU for Ron Paul
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
2 RP stickers on my car, I've gotten 'who is Ron Paul?' from a couple people :rolleyes:, and like 10 diff. versions of the 'whooo yeah RP!' here and there. Never anything negative. Working freshmen orientations right now and had a faculty member I am working with say "saw your RP stickers when you drove by... nice".

FreedomFighter1776
06-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I love the reactions I get from so many people every time I'm out and about. I can't take the truck anywhere without people honking, taking pictures (on the highway and in parking lots) and talking with me.

It is wonderful, I've had everyone from all walks of life compliment the truck and the audacity of such a bold statement of support for Ron Paul.

The truck, in case you don't know me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GwmwVNI5t4

Sorry for bragging - I just can't help it :)

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 09:34 PM
^^^ That is GORGEOUS!!!

KerriAnn
06-19-2012, 11:16 PM
I had a Ron Paul '12 magnet on the side of my mini-van, the really big one that covers half the door. Someone stole it one day while I was shopping :( I can only hope they stole it because they liked it so much they wanted to put it on their own car, but I doubt it.

zHorns
06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I have a back window decal and have had a few people take pictures and honk.

But, that comes with the folks that act like I'm crazy.

S.Shorland
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Some are thinking this but they won't be shortly.It shows the power of the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fHnVcCNRs

PierzStyx
06-20-2012, 02:21 AM
I got flashed by some girls with Ron Paul Revolution bumper stickers when they saw my Ron Paul President 2012 bumper sticker.

pen_thief
06-20-2012, 02:41 AM
No, but I'm from a pretty small town and I go bananas when I see Ron Paul stickers or yard signs. I'm known to shout things like "Nice bumper sticker!" or honk in appreciation as I drive by a Paulbot's house. (I embrace the term).

I probably wouldn't have snapped a picture of your car (could be a bit freaky to you, tbh) but I might have given you a thumbs up if there was a chance you'd have seen me in your rear view :D Or you could have had a moment of forgetting about your Paul gear and just thought I was insane.

pen_thief
06-20-2012, 02:43 AM
I had a Ron Paul '12 magnet on the side of my mini-van, the really big one that covers half the door. Someone stole it one day while I was shopping :( I can only hope they stole it because they liked it so much they wanted to put it on their own car, but I doubt it.

Nah, it pretty much defeats the purpose of being a Paul supporter, lol.

I want to keep the fruits of my labor...and that person's window magnet! :p
(But damn, that sucks)

Professor8000
06-20-2012, 05:24 AM
My Truck:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/427400_3338624630276_1715524756_n.jpg

My Blazer:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396600_3123630815565_1853852571_n.jpg

The magnets that you can't read say:
There never was a good war or a bad peace. - Benjamin Franklin
When Fascism goes to sleep, it looks under the bed for Ron Paul