PDA

View Full Version : Can u BELIEVE this? 'Paul campaign leader pleads not guilty to trespassing charge'

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 10:01 AM
ST. PETERS • Brent Stafford, a local leader in GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul's campaign, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge of trespassing in the wake of the unruly St. Charles County caucus that broke up in disarray March 17.

Stafford, in an interview before his brief appearance in St. Peters municipal court, insisted he had done nothing wrong and urged prosecutors to drop the charge.

Stafford and his attorney, David Roland, insisted that there was no basis for his arrest outside the caucus site - the gym at Francis Howell North High School.

After the caucus was disbanded by organizers, Stafford tried to get participants as they were leaving to re-convene outside the gym.

He said he stood up on a chair and was explaining parliamentary rules to others gathered around him when police officers interceded and took him to a paddy wagon. He said he later was told he was charged with trespassing.

"I had every right to be there," Stafford, of O'Fallon, Mo., said of the area outside the gym. "I was a part of a peaceful assembly."

Stafford, who in April was elected chairman of a do-over county caucus ordered by state Republican leaders, was given a court date of July 24. City Prosecutor Lorna Frahm could not immediately be reached for comment.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/paul-campaign-leader-pleads-not-guilty-to-trespassing-charge/article_c591df54-ba22-11e1-a23c-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1yFuOuQCo

:mad:

zachrbroussard
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Hope this is included in the law suit.

opinionatedfool
06-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Hope this is included in the law suit.

It sure as heck better be. I wish Brent would also sue... for millions!

kathy88
06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Caucus organizers said police shut it down. Police said caucus organizers shut it down. This is going to be fun! Wish I could go to the hearing!

kathy88
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
It sure as heck better be. I wish Brent would also sue... for millions!

We should ALL be part of the RICO suit to get our campaign contributions back. If found guilty, damages are tripled. If they can prove fraud and vote manipulation, every penny we spent should be refunded at the GOP expense times three. I could use 7500 bucks.

nobody's_hero
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I haven't heard much about this story since the arrest. I heard 'being released from jail' and took it to mean that the cops didn't really have anything to book him with.

So, I take it, that he's now been called to court over a tresspassing charge.

Is it a jury trial or what?

libertyjam
06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I wonder if the prosecutor is a democrat or a republican.

dannno
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
We should ALL be part of the RICO suit to get our campaign contributions back. If found guilty, damages are tripled. If they can prove fraud and vote manipulation, every penny we spent should be refunded at the GOP expense times three. I could use 7500 bucks.

Somebody should look into this and maybe setup a chip-in, I'll bet we could get enough to pay a couple good lawyers to work on this for a year.

Although we should probably hold off until after Tampa.. but maybe we could get a fund going where everybody could get refunded if Ron Paul wins at Tampa.

dannno
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I wonder if the prosecutor is a democrat or a republican.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VY-JONQlL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Dianne
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM

I agree !!

RDM
I haven't heard much about this story since the arrest. I heard 'being released from jail' and took it to mean that the cops didn't really have anything to book him with.

So, I take it, that he's now been called to court over a tresspassing charge.

Is it a jury trial or what?

Brent is represented by the Freedom Center of Missouri, and they intend to seek a trial by jury. :)
http://www.facebook.com/FreedomCenterofMissouri

Tiso0770
Hmmmm, why wasn't he arrested while in the building for hours. that would be a good defense, instead of waiting until he got out of the school.

Make it a jury court. this will not hold up against Stafford and open up a door for counter suit.

Merk
06-19-2012, 12:30 PM
A public school is public property.

V3n
06-19-2012, 12:33 PM
The video showed a ton of people in the school and in the parking lot.. is it legal to single him out?
Surely they're not going after everyone that was there.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
The video showed a ton of people in the school and in the parking lot.. is it legal to single him out?

QFT.

jemuf
06-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I can't believe the prosecutor has the nerve to try and prosecute him.

Eisenhower
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
police state scum...

SpicyTurkey
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Definitely this.