PDA

View Full Version : Rubio Scraps his own DREAM Act - LOL

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
This is just funny. Obama stole his position, started implementing a policy he agrees with, so now he pretends to not be in agreement. Do I have that right?

Sen. Marco Rubio sounds ready to scuttle his version of a pro-immigrant DREAM Act this year, and he’s blaming President Obama.

For the past three months, Rubio has been trying to craft a bill that would give legal residency to young immigrants who were brought to the United States illegally by their parents.

But on Friday, Obama essentially turned Rubio’s undrafted proposal into an executive rule made by his administration. Rubio and other Republicans say Obama overstepped his bounds.

“When the president ignores the Congress, ignores the Constitution and forces a policy like this down the throat of the American people, it’s going to make it harder to have a conversation like that,” Rubio said. “It’s going to make it harder to elevate the debate.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/19/3665102/sen-marco-rubio-may-scrap-his.html

thoughtomator
06-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Rubio just got out-treasoned

angelatc
06-19-2012, 09:00 AM
The difference here is significant - Rubio wanted to change the law, while King Obama just declared it null and void.

thoughtomator
06-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I just wonder who the hell these people think they are representing. Not American citizens, who have far more pressing concerns than the welfare of foreigners.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
The difference here is significant - Rubio wanted to change the law, while King Obama just declared it null and void.

Sure, but he could keep trying to pass the law and still denounce executive orders and selective prosecution. Why not do that? I say it's because that's not really the issue for him. It's more important that he pretend to be against Obama.

The Goat
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Maybe Rubio is pissed because Obama just circumvented Rubios VP bid.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Sure, but he could keep trying to pass the law and still denounce executive orders and selective prosecution. Why not do that? I say it's because that's not really the issue for him. It's more important that he pretend to be against Obama.

Yeah, I agree.

noneedtoaggress
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I just wonder who the hell these people think they are representing. Not American citizens, who have far more pressing concerns than the welfare of foreigners.

So true...

http://www.transcend.org/tms/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/obama.jpg

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/06/20/gay_marriage_AP110620110202_620x350.jpg
http://feministing.com/files/2010/07/gay-hate-sign-thumb-300x336-12963.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
This is just funny. Obama stole his position, started implementing a policy he agrees with, so now he pretends to not be in agreement. Do I have that right?

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/19/3665102/sen-marco-rubio-may-scrap-his.html

The allowance of illegals into our Democratic Republic of nation states is a loyalist act of treason and treachery committed in contempt of the American people's Civil Purpose. As illegals come across the border, newly legalized Mexican Americans take advantage of them by contracting them out as laborers. Meanwhile, the gangs also take advantage of these people because they fear calling the police.
The disadvantaged people of Mexico should be fighting a civil war against the tyranny of Mexico, not allowed to cross over the border to poison our free Democratic Republic with the same tyranny they chose to celebrate during the times of both World Wars.
Let's not lose our focus here. In the beginning, it was against the law for Mexicans to enter into our nation states because the tyranny (not nation) of Mexico should not be allowed to enter into our blessed one.

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
The allowance of illegals into our Democratic Republic of nation states is a loyalist act of treason and treachery committed in contempt of the American people's Civil Purpose. As illegals come across the border, newly legalized Mexican Americans take advantage of them by contracting them out as laborers. Meanwhile, the gangs also take advantage of these people because they fear calling the police.
The disadvantaged people of Mexico should be fighting a civil war against the tyranny of Mexico, not allowed to cross over the border to poison our free Democratic Republic with the same tyranny they chose to celebrate during the times of both World Wars.
Let's not lose our focus here. In the beginning, it was against the law for Mexicans to enter into our nation states because the tyranny (not nation) of Mexico should not be allowed to enter into our blessed one.

You should try being a little less extreme in your posting. It turns people off and might be the reason for you having so many posts,a join date of 2008, and only one rep bar.

You seriously come off as sounding like someone on Stormfront instead of a RP supporter. Even people who agree with what you are saying find less offensive ways to say it.

thoughtomator
06-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Eh, I have no problem with his forthright and accurate statement. If some people can't handle it it's not his fault.

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Eh, I have no problem with his forthright and accurate statement. If some people can't handle it it's not his fault.

Read his posts. Most of them sound like the ramblings of a meth addict.

AuH20
06-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Saint Augustine once wrote, "When men cannot communicate their thoughts to each other simply because of difference of language, all the similarity of their common human nature is of no avail to unite them in fellowship." Despite all the handwringing, at the end of the day, they don't belong here. Just if like if 40 million english speaking Americans somehow invaded Mexico in the future. I would be equally aghast at that scenario befalling the mexican people.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-19-2012, 12:51 PM
You should try being a little less extreme in your posting. It turns people off and might be the reason for you having so many posts,a join date of 2008, and only one rep bar.

You seriously come off as sounding like someone on Stormfront instead of a RP supporter. Even people who agree with what you are saying find less offensive ways to say it.

My nation is the state of Texas. true
The Federal Government is not part of my nation but is part of a larger Democratic Republic made up of fifty nation states and territories. true
There is no such thing as committing treachery and treason in contempt of the law. true
However, any law passed in order to harm the disadvantaged people is in contempt of the people's Civil Purpose. true
In order to protect himself, Santa Anna the dictator created a tyranny by setting up an Aristocracy of noble families. Therefore, Mexico today is a tyranny. true.

I'm not trying to be popular.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm not trying to be popular.

I don't find rep bars to be an indicator of post quality, anyway... more of a buddy system thing. I'd say you sound more like an 18th century philosopher than a stormfront person. I suppose there is something to be said for speaking peoples' language, but if you read any amount of philosophy through the years, you just have to deal with the fact that some people are harder reads than others. Same with this forum.

James Madison
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Saint Augustine once wrote, "When men cannot communicate their thoughts to each other simply because of difference of language, all the similarity of their common human nature is of no avail to unite them in fellowship." Despite all the handwringing, at the end of the day, they don't belong here. Just if like if 40 million english speaking Americans somehow invaded Mexico in the future. I would be equally aghast at that scenario befalling the mexican people.

This is a really good point. No matter how we try to out-run our evolutionary past, we are tribal by instinct. The visage of modern culture has created a world where, through the expansion of American values and culture, many individuals (mostly white) believe that increased diversity at the expense of national unity is the goal. This is a path that leads only to ruin, despite those who endorse such beliefs would tell us.

nobody's_hero
06-19-2012, 02:33 PM
This is a really good point. No matter how we try to out-run our evolutionary past, we are tribal by instinct. The visage of modern culture has created a world where, through the expansion of American values and culture, many individuals (mostly white) believe that increased diversity at the expense of national unity is the goal. This is a path that leads only to ruin, despite those who endorse such beliefs would tell us.

What was it that Jefferson said:

Suppose 20 millions of republican Americans thrown all of a sudden into France, what would be the condition of that kingdom? If it would be more turbulent, less happy, less strong, we may believe that the addition of half a million of foreigners to our present numbers would produce a similar effect here. If they come of themselves, they are entitled to all the rights of citizenship: but I doubt the expediency of inviting them by extraordinary encouragements….”

I grant that open-border libertarians win the moral arguments on immigration every time these threads pop up, but I have never yet witnessed someone who is pro- open-borders to acknowledge the reality of what happens when cultures clash.

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM

I grant that open-border libertarians win the moral arguments on immigration every time these threads pop up, but I have never yet witnessed someone who is pro- open-borders to acknowledge the reality of what happens when cultures clash.

How so?

nobody's_hero
06-19-2012, 04:09 PM
How so?

Hutus and Tutsis. Shi'aite and Sunni. North Koreans and South Koreans. Others too numerous to name.

These aren't necessarily different races of people fighting each other. It's a clash of ideas which culminates in one group trying to establish dominance over another. In other words, it's human nature (basically what James_Madison of RPF said above; tribalism). This can happen with a few hundred thousand beheadings as was the case in Rwanda, or it can happen as "civil" as 51% of the people imposing their will on 49% through government.

Ideally, I think it would be great if people could just come here and sit down and have a nice chat about life, liberty, and property, and the most logical side of the argument win, and everyone accept those principles as truth. Reality is often much uglier than idealism, though.

I'm not trying to make a moral, 'right or wrong' argument. I don't think Jefferson was either. It's just what naturally happens when people of opposing beliefs butt heads, when they'd most likely be better off never having met at all. [edit: or at least, to merge so subtlely and slowly that animosity can be avoided: i.e. assimilate (which is, for some reason, a dirty word among libertarians)]

If you doubt me (or Jefferson) though, go out on the internet and invite as many neocons and Obama-bots as you can, to come here to post at our happy little community at Ron Paul forums, and in that event should this website still be worth visiting in a year, I'd be eager to see what your findings are. Could you educate them all at once? Or would they simply take over?

AuH20
06-19-2012, 04:12 PM

On the isolated individual level, the open borders win the argument, but when you start adding up those many individuals as a cultural collective (their words not mine) it's not even an argument any longer. Many folks on this board are diametrically opposed to this massive cultural collective in contrast to the odd million in refugees who actually want to be American citizens. Numerous studies have shown that multiculturalism breeds distrust among a diverse population, thanks to a varied priority of values from one ethnicity to another.

Revolution9
06-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Read his posts. Most of them sound like the ramblings of a meth addict.

I thought he was a black professor/pontificator type myself.

Rev9

nobody's_hero
06-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I like Uncle's posts.

Both he and Aratus have a very poetic writing style.

Sometimes I can't make sense of any of it to save my life, and then I'm reminded of why I hated poetry in high school.

Still, I never stopped respecting it. I view Haikus, especially, as a formidable but worthy opponent.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Rubio just got out-treasoned

That is a brilliant statement.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't find rep bars to be an indicator of post quality, anyway... more of a buddy system thing. I'd say you sound more like an 18th century philosopher than a stormfront person. I suppose there is something to be said for speaking peoples' language, but if you read any amount of philosophy through the years, you just have to deal with the fact that some people are harder reads than others. Same with this forum.

Back in the old ancient world, Descartes once met up with a lot of peers and students who all thought that his work was brilliant. After listening to them all, he thanked them all for their praise, but then concluded that not a one of them understood him. Just think. In this modern world, the Obama administration has a lot of educated folks standing behind him doing their best to make it look like he knows something. These arrogant people consider themselves to be their own foundation. In contrast, our Founders, believers in the fall of man, stood on a foundation established by thousands of years.

Let me add that I agree about the understanding part. This is why I made it a practice to write "writs" in here instead of "essays." So, I agree. Understanding is all about trust. With this in mind, here is my theory. When reducing all my readers down to a single prostitute living under a bridge, you will trust me not because of my usage of rational thought; but, you will trust me because of who I am writing to. In this way, I don't have to condescend. Although I am writing to a homeless prostitute living under a bridge, I believe she is capable of understanding anything.

nobody's_hero
06-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Back in the old ancient world, Descartes once met up with a lot of peers and students who all thought that his work was brilliant. After listening to them all, he thanked them all for their praise, but then concluded that not a one of them understood him. Just think. In this modern world, the Obama administration has a lot of educated folks standing behind him doing their best to make it look like he knows something. These arrogant people consider themselves to be their own foundation. In contrast, our Founders, believers in the fall of man, stood on a foundation established by thousands of years.

Let me add that I agree about the understanding part. This is why I use to write "writs" in here instead of "essays." So, I agree. Understanding is all about trust. With this in mind, here is my theory. When reducing all my readers down to a single prostitute living under a bridge, you will trust me not because of my usage of rational thought; but, you will trust me because of who I am writing to. In this way, I don't have to condescend. Although I am writing to a homeless prostitute living under a bridge, I believe she is capable of understanding anything.

I thought he was a black professor/pontificator type myself.

Rev9

Yes. lol. Yes.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes. lol. Yes.

I've got a philosophy and creative writing background. In philosophy, I tried leaning mostly towards the philosophy of science.
Here is some of what I've developed so far:

1) As our Founders developed our nation not on the *foundation of modern theoretical science but on the prior metaphysical science of natural law, our nation should reject the European system in order to adopt a system based on the metaphysical science of natural law. In an attempt at getting this off the ground, I developed this equation:

(2+0)1/2
where 2 is equal to the law,
0 is equal to spontaneity,
and 1/2 oscillates the two forces to the sum of 1.

2) To challenge the writing method of the classic Greek essay, I also developed a new writing style called a "writ." When writing a writ, I envision my potential reading audience as every living person and then reduce them to within a lone homeless prostitute living under a bridge. In this way, the people will trust me because they aren't thinking about my education nor how I am reasoning. Instead, they are thinking about the condition of the lone person I am writing to.

3) I have also developed the concept that true power is foundational. In order to fight off the false powers of manipulation, one must pin down those in authority and make them responsible to a higher judgement and penalty.

4) I developed the concept that the natural law declared by our Founding Fathers in The Declaration of Independence, with this being our Civil Purpose, is greater than every legal precedence passed as a law and greater than every law yet to be legislated in the future. Therefore, in regards to sovereignty, The Declaration of Independence is greater as a formal document than even The U.S. Constitution.

*Modern science doesn't have a foundation. That is the point. It is this and that amongst lots of other stuff. Modern science doesn't attempt to reduce to a criterion, but to expand to an infinite criteria of evidence.
My argument to them is (2+0)1/2. Within the seemingly limited confines of this equation, an infinite amount of possibilities, all manner of phenomenon that is, are allowed to take place.