PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul raised $1.78M in May

PatriotOne
06-19-2012, 07:07 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77569.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

By DAVE LEVINTHAL | 6/19/12 7:37 AM EDT Updated: 6/19/12 8:01 AM EDT

Although Ron Paul effectively ended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination weeks ago, you wouldn’t know by his fundraising.

During May, Paul raised $1.78 million and ended the month with nearly $3.3 million in the bank — more than he had at the end of April — with no debt, according to newly filed federal campaign finance reports.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77569.html#ixzz1yFCc64oQ

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 08:05 AM
They keep being freshly astonished that he is actually a fiscal conservative.

brandon
06-19-2012, 08:08 AM
why are people still donating?

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:08 AM

As of 4/25/12, per CNN Money, Ron Paul had FAR & AWAY the highest cost per vote of any Republican in the field:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/25/news/economy/Romney-campaign-spending-vote/index.htm

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:09 AM

NO DEBT = CONSERVATIVE

Ending up with three or four million dollars of Other People's Money "in the bank" is something else.

brandon
06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Yea but that doesn't attempt to factor in the value of media coverage.

FSP-Rebel
06-19-2012, 08:11 AM
As of 4/25/12, per CNN Money, Ron Paul had FAR & AWAY the highest cost per vote of any Republican in the field:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/25/news/economy/Romney-campaign-spending-vote/index.htm
Yeah and you know the answer as to why yet you won't mention it. Media had him through the wash cycle over and over ad infinitum, then blackout.

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
NO DEBT = CONSERVATIVE

Ending up with three or four million dollars of Other People's Money "in the bank" is something else.

This $1.7 million was given almost entirely after the first Benton email saying he wasn't campaigning actively in primary states any more. I suspect not a penny of it was yours or brandon's, hence your outrage over Ron's having the money seems odd. Personally, I hope he is planning to use most of it for legal fees for our delegates, but am also completely cool with his using the money to support campaigns of good candidates, and raise his influence, if he ends up with more.

I am pretty turned off of the looking to the next campaign attitude of staff, I must say.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Media Bias CANNOT have come as a surprise.

How was money spent to DEAL WITH THE INEVITABLE?

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah and you know the answer as to why yet you won't mention it. Media had him through the wash cycle over and over ad infinitum, then blackout.

Media doesn't black out PAID ADVERTISING.

Fer cryin' out loud, ADS FOR OPPOSING CANDIDATES appear on Ron Paul Forums.

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 08:17 AM

because of selective media blackout documented in MULTIPLE independent studies over the course of the campaign. Which you know. It is posts like that, when you full know better, that push me back towards the side of the pendulum of thinking you are a troll.

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 08:18 AM

Fer cryin' out loud, ADS FOR OPPOSING CANDIDATES appear on Ron Paul Forums.

he didn't have THAT kind of money, to blanket the world. And of course they show up here, Ron Paul is POPULAR so his name is targeted as an adword.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:18 AM
This $1.7 million was given almost entirely after the first Benton email saying he wasn't campaigning actively in primary states any more. I suspect not a penny of it was yours or brandon's, hence your outrage over Ron's having the money seems odd. Personally, I hope he is planning to use most of it for legal fees for our delegates, but am also completely cool with his using the money to support campaigns of good candidates...

Like RAND, by way of example drawn at random from the audience?

Ron Paul Campaign Welcomes Trygve Olson to 2012 Campaign

Top strategist to serve as senior advisor LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Today, the campaign of 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul announced the addition of political consultant Trygve Olson as a senior advisor. “It is a pleasure to bring Trygve Olson on board,” said Ron Paul 2012 spokesman Jesse Benton. “He has a wealth of experience [...]

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/category/press-release/page/88/

Trygve Olson has an INTERNATIONAL resume.

Why would non-interventionist Ron IN IT TO WIN IT Paul need or want THAT, at this late stage of "the game"?

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Like RAND, by way of example drawn at random from the audience?

Trygve Olson has an INTERNATIONAL resume. For what does Ron IN IT TO WIN IT Paul need that, at THIS stage of "the game"?

He was added last year, not 'at this stage of the game'. I'm not saying I agree with a bunch of the campaign and certainly not with the throwing Ron's campaign under the bus for a future Rand campaign, not even a little, not even a second of it in Tampa.

But that isn't the topic at hand, which is that RON gets donations because people love him, and HE speaks for them.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
He was added last year, not 'at this stage of the game'.

He still must be PAID, then. I go out not far on a limb in suggesting that Trygve Olson is not DONATING his time.

The "press release" was on the opening page (sans date) of the top Google link, for SOMEONE'S information. Perhaps it is one of the "not well maintained' sites about which I have read complaints throughout the campaign.

...certainly not with the throwing Ron's campaign under the bus for a future Rand campaign, not even a little, not even a second of it...

It would NOT be righteous to use Ron Paul IN IT TO WIN IT donations to groom Rand for the presidency, that is EXACTLY one point that I am making.

It is not impossible that this is the first time we have unequivocally agreed on ANYTHING. Things are lookin' up.

But that isn't the topic at hand, which is that RON gets donations because people love him, and HE speaks for them.

On the heels of how very BITTER is the disappointment of Rand's early & enthusiastic endorsement of Mitt Romney for some of Ron Paul's most emotionally (and financially) invested Supporters, it is ABSOLUTELY relevant to establish some reality-based perspective...with an eye on IMPROVISING in view of Ron Paul's virtually-certain LOSS of the nomination, as broadcast by Ron Paul's son's endorsement of the preeminent Opposing Candidate.

Resources are scarce, TIME scarcest of all.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Media Bias CANNOT have come as a surprise.

How was money spent to DEAL WITH THE INEVITABLE?

he didn't have THAT kind of money, to blanket the world.

Mitt Romney did not "blanket the world".

Ron Paul did not attack Mitt Romney.

Ron Paul & Co could not NOT know that grotesque media bias was on deck. They could not NOT know that they would be unable to compete ANYTHING CLOSE to dollar-for-dollar.

A sensible, conservative plan CANNOT have been to circumvent lopsided financial wherewithal by spending MORE per vote than the other candidates, and to circumvent media bias by NOT attacking the principal Opposition.

Look. I feel BADLY for Ron Paul's truest Supporters. To those saying FUCK THIS, FULL STEAM AHEAD!, I say:

KICK ASS (metaphorically, 'cuz yer non-aggressive folk), TAKE NAMES, AIR DIRTY LAUNDRY, SULLY REPUTATIONS, GO FOR BROKE-NOT-BROKEN, STAND YER GROUND.

All in...Lord have mercy.

IT'S UP TO THE GRASSROOTS NOW does not not not square with continuing to send scarce, hard-earned cash to the Official Campaign.

(OF COURSE people can do as they please with their discretionary cash. If it is inappropriate to try to influence the SPENDING OF DISCRETIONARY CASH on a "political activism" forum...first, that's funny and, second, what's the deal with the ADVERTISEMENTS?)

Darguth
06-19-2012, 09:25 AM
This $1.7 million was given almost entirely after the first Benton email saying he wasn't campaigning actively in primary states any more. I suspect not a penny of it was yours or brandon's, hence your outrage over Ron's having the money seems odd. Personally, I hope he is planning to use most of it for legal fees for our delegates, but am also completely cool with his using the money to support campaigns of good candidates, and raise his influence, if he ends up with more.

I am pretty turned off of the looking to the next campaign attitude of staff, I must say.

Didn't Ron Paul basically use his surplus campaign donations from the 2008 campaign to launch the Campaign for Liberty? Or am I mistaken in that?

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know nuthin' 'bout no "Campaign Laws"...that thar be the skullduggery o' the POLITICAL CLASS...but on a strictly moral plane, Ron Paul's war chest should abso-bloomin-lutely fund THIS:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379757-National-Delegate-Fundraiser-MONEYBOMB-June-19-Official-Thread&p=4501170#post4501170

truthspeaker
06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Didn't Ron Paul basically use his surplus campaign donations from the 2008 campaign to launch the Campaign for Liberty? Or am I mistaken in that?

+1, you beat me to it.

Yes, I'm also pretty sure a chunk of it went to that. C4L has been the most successful college political group I've seen as far as opening new chapters and gaining membership. Their growth is impressive and it is their work that helps this movement tomorrow. :toady:

angelatc
06-19-2012, 09:34 AM

No, he absolutely did that.

AFAIK he can't give it to other campaigns. That would make it hard to make sure that no individual donated over $2500 in that other campaign. Since he won't have a re-election campaign, they can give it to a non-profit (C4L) or they can give it to the RNC. I think they could certainly fund delegate transportation.

opinionatedfool
06-19-2012, 09:35 AM

Of course. We are fighting the machine. Enough said.

truthspeaker
06-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure if the campaign is allowed to pay for delegate expenses. Does anyone know?

On another hand--why would anyone be a delegate when they are not sure they can get to Tampa? I'm proud of their election, but I am baffled by this. If they can't go--it goes in the hands of an alternate.

trey4sports
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM

AFAIK he can't give it to other campaigns. That would make it hard to make sure that no individual donated over $2500 in that other campaign. Since he won't have a re-election campaign, they can give it to a non-profit (C4L) or they can give it to the RNC. I think they could certainly fund delegate transportation.

My guess is that it will go to C4L but i'd like to see it go toward something like a liberty pac that will help liberty candidates.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Of course. We are fighting the machine. Enough said.

The idea that you can somehow SPEND YOUR WAY into beating the richest people on earth at their own Game is EXACTLY the idea they want you "to have and to hold".

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out, Rawhide!

Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, Rawhide!

FSP-Rebel
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
The idea that you can somehow SPEND YOUR WAY into beating the richest people on earth at their own Game is EXACTLY the idea they want you "to have and to hold".

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out, Rawhide!

Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, Rawhide!
Gil Favor!!

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
...why would anyone be a delegate when they are not sure they can get to Tampa? I'm proud of their election, but I am baffled by this. If they can't go--it goes in the hands of an alternate.

Miracle Theory.

Recovery Circuit Wisdom: WATCH THE WHOLE MOVIE.

I'm not sure if the campaign is allowed to pay for delegate expenses. Does anyone know?

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no "Campaign Laws"...that thar be the skullduggery o' the POLITICAL CLASS...but on a strictly moral plane, Ron Paul's war chest should abso-bloomin-lutely fund THIS:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379757-National-Delegate-Fundraiser-MONEYBOMB-June-19-Official-Thread&p=4501170#post4501170

It would give a shot in the arm to the Paul Festival and the "rally on the 26th".

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 09:54 AM

On another hand--why would anyone be a delegate when they are not sure they can get to Tampa? I'm proud of their election, but I am baffled by this. If they can't go--it goes in the hands of an alternate.

because we sent people to CPACs and other events with chip ins. Next month, funding the delegates WILL be our big funding issue, I anticipate.

Agorism
06-19-2012, 09:55 AM
What about his cost per delegate. I bet we're performing better on that front.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 10:08 AM
What about his cost per delegate. I bet we're performing better on that front.

Romney campaign spent $18.50 per vote

By Charles Riley @CNNMoney April 25, 2012: 5:21 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Well, it's over. Mitt Romney has amassed a nearly insurmountable delegate lead, and is on track to become his party's nominee for president.

The road to victory hasn't been easy for the former Massachusetts governor. The primary campaign stretched on for months, and at least 10 different candidates topped the national polls at some point.

So how much did victory cost?

Romney spent a total of $76.6 million, far more than any other campaign. That total is, for example, more than the combined spending of Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich.

...At the end of March, the Romney camp had captured 607 delegates and 4.1 million votes. That means the candidate, who has cultivated a reputation as a penny-pincher, spent $18.50 per vote, and $126,000 per delegate.

...But at least two of Romney's contenders had a better votes-to-expenditure ratio.

Gingrich, for example, spent $21 million through the end of March, collecting 141 delegates and 2.2 million votes. That works out to just under $10 per vote and around $150,000 per delegate.

Santorum spent $18.7 million on 264 delegates and 2.9 million votes for a per-vote expenditure just north of $6.50 and a cost-per-delegate of about $71,000.

Paul, meanwhile, got the worst return on his money of the final contenders. The Texas congressman spent nearly $35 million, but received only around 1.1 million votes and 72 delegates. The math works out to $32.40 per vote and roughly $485,500 per delegate.

zHorns
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Don't forget Rise for Liberty. We raised like 800k.

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM

that isn't per delegate, that is per vote. Did you give even one penny to Ron's campaign? Because if not your views obviously don't reflect the opinions of those who gave money. I don't pretend to speak for all, but I can at least speak as a donor.

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Don't forget Rise for Liberty. We raised like 800k.

that is included in the number.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-19-2012, 10:41 AM

Highest cost per COUNTED vote.

Then they should.

V3n
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Their delegate count is not accurate.
CNN is proven liars.
Your source is not credible.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I would imagine they will be spending a chunk of change at the national convention and thereabouts.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 10:55 AM

Only part of it. He also gave YAL seed money. But, a great deal of it went for the Rally for the Republic. Why does everyone conveniently forget this event? It was an expensive little shindig.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
NO DEBT = CONSERVATIVE

What are you implying, cheapseats? Don't beat around the bush making little innuendos. Spell it out.

Why you are allowed to be here is beyond me. You don't support Ron and you don't support Rand.

torchbearer
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM

refigure that, since those votes didn't count towards delegates for the most part. so the info is garbage.
you need to look at dollars per delegate aquired, and use the real delegate tally, which we won't know unless we get a vote at the rnc convention.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
...dollars per delegate aquired...real delegate tally, which we won't know unless we get a vote at the rnc convention.

Two brief months away...in my time-flies experience, that comes like TOMORROW.

Setting aside the soundness of the Delegate Strategy because it IS the strategy, do you feel that campaign funds have MAINLY been spent conservatively and wisely?

Setting THAT aside, do you agree or disagree that getting WARM BODIES TO TAMPA, THE MORE THE LIVELIER should be a grassroots spending priority?

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Two brief months away...in my time-flies experience, that comes like TOMORROW.

Setting aside the soundness of the Delegate Strategy because it IS the strategy, do you feel that campaign funds have MAINLY been spent conservatively and wisely?

Setting THAT aside, do you agree or disagree that getting WARM BODIES TO TAMPA, THE MORE THE LIVELIER should be a grassroots spending priority?

honestly, you haven't impressed me with your good judgment to the point where I would want you to dictate where the money I gave went.

cheapseats
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
honestly, you haven't impressed me with your good judgment to the point where I would want you to dictate where the money I gave went.

A.) I'm not dictating.

B.) Honestly, you haven't impressed me with your good judgment...PERIOD.

C.) I withdraw from the thread, curtseying to your Power on my way out.

E.) I know, I know...don't let the door hit me in the ass...good riddance to bad rubbish.

coffeewithchess
06-19-2012, 12:15 PM
NO DEBT = CONSERVATIVE

This. 3 million times over. It's dishonest. Don't claim you're "in it to win it", use your own website to defend your son's lying endorsement of Mitt "I Laugh at Ron Paul" Romney, and then act surprised when people were saying this is what they would do.
Where does that 3 million go? Campaign for Liberty? Seriously...where is it going?

Just Another Genius
06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Anyone who donated money in the past 60 days to this fraudulent Ron Paul campaign organization and feel they were misled and ripped off by these frauds should be filing a charge back with PayPal or their credit card to get their money back. This is easy to do and the odds are in your favor of getting your money back. Once you get your money back from these frauds you can then keep it or give it to other causes which will help get Ron Paul elected. This same message should be posted on EVERY Ron Paul site so donors know they don't have to accept being ripped off by the likes of those involved in sabotaging Ron Paul's chances of being elected President. It's your money, demand it back, that's the privilege you have when you make payments through credit cards and PayPal.

brandon
06-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Where does that 3 million go? Campaign for Liberty? Seriously...where is it going?

It will probably end up being funneled to mainstream Republican candidates, just like last time around. Anyone remember Ken Buck? This whole thing is incredibly depressing.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Cheapseats = division and infighting caused
cheapseats = troll
spade = spade

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
It will probably end up being funneled to mainstream Republican candidates, just like last time around. Anyone remember Ken Buck? This whole thing is incredibly depressing.$4 mill of the money went to Ron's congressional account and supported his various campaigns. In 2010 he asked donors to donate to Rand, instead. He donated to campaigns and parties which helped his influence for his run here, he started C4L which, for all its flaws, did maintain a focus for his supporters so they didn't drift off, and he started YAL. Then he had $1.9 mill left when he started THIS campaign, and over the course of the campaign donated at least $1.5 of that back into this campaign in $500,000 chunks. He also paid for Rally for the Republic.

I think that is pretty good money management.

The Buck money was from C4L donations, not Ron Paul campaign donations. C4L took in something like $3 million in 2010. Or $6 million. I forget.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Is it going to CFL?

sailingaway
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Is it going to CFL?

It goes where Ron wants it to go. And when I donated I knew that.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
It goes where Ron wants it to go. And when I donated I knew that.

AS DID WE ALL. No regrets.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
It will probably end up being funneled to mainstream Republican candidates, just like last time around. Anyone remember Ken Buck? This whole thing is incredibly depressing.

There are plenty of real things to bash them about, but let's not twist truths, ok?

Not one single dime of any of our donated money went to Ken Buck. Not one thin dime. So, please stop spreading these untruths.

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
The Buck money was from C4L donations, not Ron Paul campaign donations. C4L took in something like $3 million in 2010. Or $6 million. I forget.

It was also money specifically donated by buck supporters and wouldn't have been/raised spent without him. That whole thing was a wash in my opinion.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
$4 mill of the money went to Ron's congressional account and supported his various campaigns. In 2010 he asked donors to donate to Rand, instead. He donated to campaigns and parties which helped his influence for his run here, he started C4L which, for all its flaws, did maintain a focus for his supporters so they didn't drift off, and he started YAL. Then he had $1.9 mill left when he started THIS campaign, and over the course of the campaign donated at least $1.5 of that back into this campaign in $500,000 chunks. He also paid for Rally for the Republic.

I think that is pretty good money management.
You forgot the money they spent for the RALLY FOR THE REPUBLIC. It was an expensive little shindig.

Rather, it was from money donated specifically for Buck. None came from general money donated to C4L.

I remember this, because I raised hell about it when it happened. But, I didn't raise hell, here, I raised hell with C4L.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
There seems to be a lot of revisionist history lately. What's up with that?

brandon
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I apologize, I truly forgot that Tate came out and claimed the Buck funds were specifically earmarked for him. I do remember this now. How much I believe that or not....I don't know.

seawolf
06-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Pray the money does not go to Campaign for Liberty if John Tate or Jesse Benton are allowed to run that organization after the RNC Convention.

Many in the Liberty Movement have had it with both of them and the way this year's Campaign was run. C4L will lose alot of Liberty Supporters. Tom Woods said it extremely well in his video to Ron Paul 10 days ago.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh, and for those of you digging up the whole Buck deal, you may want to find Michael Nystrom's post about it after the fact, when Ron Paul called him about the grassroots meltdown over this issue. Ron Paul approved everything that was done with Buck and he did it for a very good reason. And again, not one single dime of ours was spent on this deal.

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I apologize, I truly forgot that Tate came out and claimed the Buck funds were specifically earmarked for him. I do remember this now. How much I believe that or not....I don't know.

Do you believe Ron Paul??? Geez, Brandon, and you were around for all that. You should know better.

anaconda
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Mittens raised $76.8 million in May.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/obama-raised-60-million-in-may/2012/06/07/gJQAoCyxKV_blog.html