PDA

View Full Version : Romney must pick Rand, and make a play for young whites

cindy25
06-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Rubio is now useless; Obama just won the Hispanic vote.

Obama played the black race card to beat Hillary, and now the Hispanic race card vs. Romney

Romney must play the white race card , and go for young whites. Rand would be the best.

promise to end affirmative action on day 1. and explain how the Obama Dream act hurts whites especially when they apply to college.

promise to end draft registration on day 2. and quote Goldwater and Ford/Rumsfeld. use the fear of Obama youth. corps.

promise to end the drug war. no risk for Romney. his base won't desert him on this, and he would carry Ohio and Colo

GeorgiaAvenger
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
This is a fantasy.

specsaregood
06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
This is a fantasy.

and even if he did promise that stuff, who would believe him?

Rothbardian Girl
06-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Honestly, I don't think young white people particularly care about those issues ... maybe the drug thing to some extent (and likely even that is only an issue among certain segments of the younger generation) ... but the draft and affirmative action? Those don't stick out as major concerns to me. This would likely get Romney in a whole lot of hot water from the media for such pandering. I don't think the younger generation feels particularly inspired by Goldwater, Ford or Rumsfeld either. In fact, I would confidently bet that the majority of my generation has no idea who Goldwater was (and sadly, I wouldn't be too comfortable placing a bet on the latter two either).

This thread just exposes the dangers of collective thinking ... it seems to me that within such a large group of people, there are naturally a lot of factions and splits in ideology. It is also likely, as others have pointed out, that Romney will not employ such a strategy because he likely knows it would get him nowhere.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-19-2012, 12:13 AM
This is ridiculous. I'm so sick and tired of the regimentation and collectivization of groups into 'special-interests' which 'must' be catered to. Not to mention I could give a rats-ass who wins the advance theft of goods, services, and labor that we call elections between these two. It seems this site has degenerated into the bird of prey.

anaconda
06-19-2012, 01:54 AM
The powers that be won't let Rand become one Romney illness away from the Oval Office. Romney should pick a woman.

John F Kennedy III
06-19-2012, 02:42 AM
The powers that be won't let Rand become one Romney illness away from the Oval Office. Romney should pick a woman.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02a3fX6aSFg9x/340x.jpg

vita3
06-19-2012, 05:01 AM
I would not vote for Romney, even if Rand was his Veep

Sola_Fide
06-19-2012, 05:14 AM
I thought young whites were Obama fans?

LibertyEagle
06-19-2012, 05:15 AM
I wish Rand would stay the hell away from Romney.

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Why would you choose young whites instead of the youth vote?

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Why would you choose young whites instead of the youth vote?

Maybe because the democrat strategists have already said that Obama is going to completely abandon the white vote for this election?

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Maybe because the democrat strategists have already said that Obama is going to completely abandon the white vote for this election?

Yeah, no white people will be voting for Obama this year. :rolleyes:

Go check out any of the FB pages for Obama and see how many young white people (not to mention the old ones) fell for his bullshit along with everyone else.

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Yeah, no white people will be voting for Obama this year. :rolleyes:
Go check out any of the FB pages for Obama and see how many young white people (not to mention the old ones) fell for his bullshit along with everyone else.

No you have it backwards. that would be the white people abandoning obama. I said the exact opposite. Democrat strategists (not me) have already said that OBAMA is going to completely abandon the white vote; as in make no effort to appeal to it and win their votes. This does provide an opening to Romney.

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 06:54 AM
No you have it backwards. that would be the white people abandoning obama. I said the exact opposite. Democrat strategists (not me) have already said that OBAMA is going to completely abandon the white vote; as in make no effort to appeal to it and win their votes. This does provide an opening to Romney.

I see. Well, I can think of some things Romney could do to win the youth vote, but I don't see him doing any of them. He's going to go after the same base every Republican goes after.

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 06:57 AM
I see. Well, I can think of some things Romney could do to win the youth vote, but I don't see him doing any of them. He's going to go after the same base every Republican goes after.

You won't see general election romney until after the nomination is sealed and delivered.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM

I'm pretty sure most of us feel that way. And this scenario simply won't be happening, anyway. The people comfortable with Obama or Romney in office don't want to see Rand getting more talk time, and he couldn't do much talking without running counter to Romney anyway.

Brett85
06-19-2012, 07:14 AM
People must have missed where Obama declared that he can invade Iran without getting Congressional approval. There's no way in the world he'll pick Rand as VP.

donnay
06-19-2012, 07:15 AM
I wish Rand would stay the hell away from Romney.

This.

Cowlesy
06-19-2012, 07:27 AM

Correct. The New York Times wrote a story about their strategists making this decision. Obama's team has decided they won't have to do any (or very little) work to keep college-educated liberal whites (and especially this group's women who skew heavily democrat), but that they should just abandon trying to get rust-belt working class whites.

It's a calculated gamble that they can replace the loss of the rust-belt working class whites with new blocs of voters.

All the guffawing about collectivism aside, this is how the people strategizing within the guts of these campaigns assess how to spend their resources and hone their message.

Origanalist
06-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Rubio is now useless; Obama just won the Hispanic vote.

Obama played the black race card to beat Hillary, and now the Hispanic race card vs. Romney

Romney must play the white race card , and go for young whites. Rand would be the best.

promise to end affirmative action on day 1. and explain how the Obama Dream act hurts whites especially when they apply to college.

promise to end draft registration on day 2. and quote Goldwater and Ford/Rumsfeld. use the fear of Obama youth. corps.

promise to end the drug war. no risk for Romney. his base won't desert him on this, and he would carry Ohio and Colo

Romney should quit the race and endorse Ron Paul, for the good of the country.

Athan
06-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Rand would be a fool to take his VP spot. He has lost all real support within his contingency with the premature endorsement making Romney's ability to win having Rand only a pipe dream. In 2016, he could win once Romney is routed by Obama and not seen as a total loser.

I could vote for a Rand/Ryan or Ryan/Rand ticket. Romney though is just to liberal.

anaconda
06-19-2012, 01:24 PM

And truth be told, I'm guessing Rand would not want us to. Getting to campaign for VP would help Rand for 2016. Getting Mittens elected in 2012 probably does not help Rand in 2016. As a side note, I am a big fan of Rand but would never vote for a Romany/Paul ticket.

anaconda
06-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Rand would be a fool to take his VP spot. He has lost all real support within his contingency with the premature endorsement making Romney's ability to win having Rand only a pipe dream. In 2016, he could win once Romney is routed by Obama and not seen as a total loser.

I could vote for a Rand/Ryan or Ryan/Rand ticket. Romney though is just to liberal.

Why is it OK to vote for someone that wants to add decades of budget deficits to our national debt?

DerailingDaTrain
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Why is it OK to vote for someone that wants to add decades of budget deficits to our national debt?

Some people here are "traditional conservatives" and not libertarians so they would be more likely to vote for someone like Ryan.

Brett85
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Some people here are "traditional conservatives" and not libertarians so they would be more likely to vote for someone like Ryan.

I consider myself to be a "traditional conservative," and I'm certainly no fan of Paul Ryan. People actually need to look at his voting record and not just his rhetoric. He voted for all of the big government excesses during the Bush years. He voted for No Child Left Behind, the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill, TARP, and the auto bailouts. He's now proposing a budget that doesn't balance for 28 years and adds 8 trillion to the national debt, which is beyond ridiculous.

specsaregood
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I consider myself to be a "traditional conservative," and I'm certainly no fan of Paul Ryan. People actually need to look at his voting record and not just his rhetoric. He voted for all of the big government excesses during the Bush years. He voted for No Child Left Behind, the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill, TARP, and the auto bailouts. He's now proposing a budget that doesn't balance for 28 years and adds 8 trillion to the national debt, which is beyond ridiculous.

nothing says "traditional conservative" like begging for bailouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJBZYz858M

Kluge
06-19-2012, 05:43 PM

Wish more traditional conservatives were as informed as you and Liberty Eagle--they generally seem to love Ryan, Rubio and others of their ilk.

paulbot24
06-19-2012, 07:37 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02a3fX6aSFg9x/340x.jpg

Oh you freaking love to antagonize people on here don't you? Cursed be you for even suggesting this.:eek: