PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers For Ron Paul Go Rogue

Henry Rogue
06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPAWE_Q2x0I&feature=player_detailpage
Lawyers For Ron Paul taking over the Campaign.

unknown
06-18-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPAWE_Q2x0I&feature=player_detailpage
Lawyers For Ron Paul taking over the Campaign.

"In it to win it and nothing less, will strip Romney all of his delegates, and Ron Paul will win the nomination and that is our goal and nothing less than that".

Ummm, f*ck yes???!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMSa5PoRK8&feature=related

FSP-Rebel
06-18-2012, 07:06 PM
These guys aren't playing games, they're taking the gloves off. Ballsy!!

jay_dub
06-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm proud to be one of the 'delusional ones' that has never given up on Ron winning.

RON PAUL 2012!!

LibertyEagle
06-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't understand all the rhetoric about "taking over Ron Paul's campaign". Ron Paul is who hired his campaign staff and they are serving at his whim. Don't you think it's just a little presumptuous to assume that he will allow you to take over his own campaign?

I would think it would be better to stop this rhetoric and just move forward with the lawsuit. There is no reason to intentionally cause bad blood where none is needed.

jay_dub
06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't understand all the rhetoric about "taking over Ron Paul's campaign". Ron Paul is who hired these people and they are serving at his whim. Don't you think it's just a little presumptuous to assume that he will allow you to take over his own campaign?

I would think it would be better to stop this rhetoric and just move forward with the lawsuit. There is no reason to intentionally cause bad blood where none is needed.

I take that as lawyerly bluster. It is a little much, but I think it shows confidence and it seems to delineate the delegates' rights as separate from the campaign's direction. They are saying the delegates have rights apart from the campaign. It also distances Ron from this suit.

Ron Paul did not hire these people. They are working pro bono. The lawyers have said they have been ready to go since November and approached the campaign in January, but the campaign did not want to go with a suit.

sailingaway
06-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't understand all the rhetoric about "taking over Ron Paul's campaign". Ron Paul is who hired these people and they are serving at his whim. Don't you think it's just a little presumptuous to assume that he will allow you to take over his own campaign?

that isn't true. it is the GROUP 'lawyers for Ron Paul', Ron Paul isn't the client.

LibertyEagle
06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
that isn't true. it is the GROUP 'lawyers for Ron Paul', Ron Paul isn't the client.

Uh, Sailingaway, I was talking about Ron Paul's CAMPAIGN and yes, he indeed did hire them.

rockandrollsouls
06-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I respect you, LibertyEagle, but this is clear to me now more than ever. I had suspicions earlier in the cycle, but I'm absolutely confident now that Ron Paul's campaign was co-opted. Think about it....Ron may have hired some of these people but he's pretty much oblivious to how they are operating. We've all known Ron's greatest weakness is he is too trusting. Think about it....Benton's never been competent, and his emails and motive have been very questionable. He's got a big say in who is hired and what goes on....and he's never really been in it to win it.

Uh, Sailingaway, I was talking about Ron Paul's CAMPAIGN and yes, he indeed did hire them.

LibertyEagle
06-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I respect you, LibertyEagle, but this is clear to me now more than ever. I had suspicions earlier in the cycle, but I'm absolutely confident now that Ron Paul's campaign was co-opted. Think about it....Ron may have hired some of these people but he's pretty much oblivious to how they are operating. We've all known Ron's greatest weakness is he is too trusting. Think about it....Benton's never been competent, and his emails and motive have been very questionable. He's got a big say in who is hired and what goes on....and he's never really been in it to win it.

If he has never been in it to win it, as you say, why would you then believe that the campaign was co-opted? That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless, I disagree with you that the campaign was not trying to win. They absolutely were. Look, I haven't agreed with several of the things they have done, but you know, I don't know whether that was due to what Ron Paul ordered, or what they chose to do. Are you? I also realize that in order to change the perception that most Americans had of Ron Paul would have required massive advertising; something that they could not even begin to do with the small amount that was donated.

kathy88
06-18-2012, 08:24 PM
These are independent lawyers acting on behalf of delegates for free.

erowe1
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Ron Paul is who hired these people

I don't think RP has anything to do with any bound delegates trying to get out of being bound. And I doubt he supports their cause at all.

tod evans
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm glad to see somebody take the bull by the horns!

erowe1
06-18-2012, 08:27 PM
These are independent lawyers acting on behalf of delegates for free.

I haven't followed this at all. So I'm just jumping to conclusions. But I tend to think there must be something in it for them. I assumed they had a website with a prominent "donate" button. Is that not true?

LibertyEagle
06-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think RP has anything to do with any bound delegates trying to get out of being bound. And I doubt he supports their cause at all.

Since you are the second one that misunderstood what I said, I must have stated it horribly. I was talking about Ron Paul and his own campaign. Not the lawyers for RP group.

kathy88
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Since you are the second one that misunderstood what I said, I must have stated it horribly. I was talking about Ron Paul and his own campaign. Not the lawyers for RP group.

Like, RP hired his staff... clear? LOL.

Carson
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Even if he didn't, I remember him making a public statement saying he hoped that people would move on this. Unless I'm sadly mistaken.

And like part 2 of the original posters video states; people were posting pictures of thousands rallying for Ron Paul. They didn't look like the kind of people that would give up easily or move to another camp.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/presidentronpaul/WhereOWhere.jpg

LibertyEagle
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Even if he didn't I remember him making a public statement saying he hoped that people would move on this. Unless I'm sadly mistaken.

And like part 2 of the original posters video states; people were posting pictures of thousands rallying for Ron Paul. They didn't look like the kind of people that would give up easily or move to another camp.

I never said one thing negative about the lawsuit; only their rhetoric about "taking over the campaign". Because I think it creates enemies unnecessarily.

erowe1
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Even if he didn't, I remember him making a public statement saying he hoped that people would move on this. Unless I'm sadly mistaken.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. In fact, I think the only reason he hasn't publicly repudiated this lawsuit is that he doesn't take it seriously enough to imagine that anything will come of it.

jay_dub
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm glad to see somebody take the bull by the horns!

In this case, we are the bull.

As Frank Barone would say, "You mess with the bull, you get the horns!" :D

sailingaway
06-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. In fact, I think the only reason he hasn't publicly repudiated this lawsuit is that he doesn't take it seriously enough to imagine that anything will come of it.

He said he wanted us to be respectful but insist on our rights. He also said if there was proof of voter fraud he hoped those who had the evidence would pursue it. He didn't say anything about this specific law suit.

rockandrollsouls
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
*Benton has a big say

And I should be clear Benton has never demonstrated a willingness to win. When we were engaged in a fair process, and were getting beaten down by the police state, the "campaign" was nowhere to be found. This campaign is US, it always has been us, and we're grounded in liberty. We'd never tolerate that happening to our own, or anyone else, so why did the campaign remain silent?

Again, Ron is too trusting. He's simply listening to those closest to him. The problem is, those closest to him don't have the best intentions. We all should have known when they were evidently rolling the red carpet out for Romney from the get go. Always kind in debates, never directly attacking him with an ad, taking out everyone but him. Even in the end, when we were waiting to devastate Romney, the campaign stood silent as Benton had kind words and never denounced Rand meeting in SECRET with him.

CLEARLY co-opted....

If he has never been in it to win it, as you say, why would you then believe that the campaign was co-opted? That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless, I disagree with you that the campaign was not trying to win. They absolutely were. Look, I haven't agreed with several of the things they have done, but you know, I don't know whether that was due to what Ron Paul ordered, or what they chose to do. Are you? I also realize that in order to change the perception that most Americans had of Ron Paul would have required massive advertising; something that they could not even begin to do with the small amount that was donated.

NoOneButPaul
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Amazing how many keyboard warriors here can diagnose Ron's internal campaign weaknesses hundreds, perhaps thousands, of miles away and claim to know what he was thinking or doing at any point in time while never having met the man or been apart of the campaign itself.

For all you know this was all Ron's plan from the start... the emails, Rand's endorsement, everything, no one has idea what's going on right now...

As for the lawyers... good luck... this gives me some kind of hope. But I doubt it goes anywhere, the RNC will make sure of it.

Carson
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
I never said one thing negative about the lawsuit; only their rhetoric about "taking over the campaign". Because I think it creates enemies unnecessarily.

The statement is kind of weird. Sorry if I implied you said anything negative.

rockandrollsouls
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Maybe you'd understand if you were around the last election :rolleyes:

And maybe you'd care more if you had maxed out both election cycles and donated countless hours to a campaign that continually undermined grassroots efforts, almost as if they were purposely botching it.

Amazing how many keyboard warriors here can diagnose Ron's internal campaign weaknesses hundreds, perhaps thousands, of miles away and claim to know what he was thinking or doing at any point in time while never having met the man or been apart of the campaign itself.

For all you know this was all Ron's plan from the start... the emails, Rand's endorsement, everything, no one has idea what's going on right now...

As for the lawyers... good luck... this gives me some kind of hope. But I doubt it goes anywhere, the RNC will make sure of it.