PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed man shot in chest by police.

brandon
06-17-2012, 05:51 PM
This is a local story that hasn't really gained any media traction, even locally. It should be a bigger story than the Trayvon Martin thing IMO. This kid was in my extended social circle. I never actually met him, but I'm going to try my best to help serve justice. THe basic story goes like this:

135 pound, 26 year old man walking down the street. He has some mental illness issues. He is yelling at people and banging his head into signs. Three police show up. The man is unarmed. The police approach him and handcuff him. After he is handcuffed, the police shoot him in the chest and he dies. Death ruled a homicide by coroner. The police had tasers and pepper spray, but didn't use them. The police are currently on paid leave pending the internal investigation.

http://lansdale.patch.com/articles/man-killed-by-police-in-sellersville

Facebook group to support him:
http://www.facebook.com/events/335399629870433/336464586430604/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Kluge
06-17-2012, 07:51 PM
After he's handcuffed. Jesus.

phill4paul
06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
After he's handcuffed. Jesus.

'Policy followed.' 'Qualified Immunity.'

Czolgosz
06-17-2012, 09:05 PM
He lunged at them, they thought he had a gun.

At least, that's what they'll say...or something close to that.

Eisenhower
06-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Unbelievable.

Weston White
06-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Their IA bureau will determine that the officer had intended to reach for their taser to stop the imminent threat and subdue the in-custody subject from attacking the officer, who at the time was in fear of their own, including their partners lives and of the public safety, and the death will be ruled as accidental; to which the officers will receive a full reinstatement and issued some sort of situational awareness accommodation to go towards their future promotion. Case closed.

Mani
06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Their IA bureau will determine that the officer had intended to reach for their taser to stop the imminent threat and subdue the in-custody subject from attacking the officer, who at the time was in fear of their own, including their partners lives and of the public safety, and the death will be ruled as accidental; to which the officers will receive a full reinstatement and issued some sort of situational awareness accommodation to go towards their future promotion. Case closed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?380187-AK-Cops-shoot-and-kill-man-for-waving-a-stick-at-them.&p=4485244#post4485244

Looks like the guidebook is more accurate then I thought. REPOST part 3:

3) Firearms are appropriate in the following situations:
-When someone has something in their hands that could be used as a weapon such as a shopping bag with a beer can, or a stick.
-When someone looks threatening.
-When someone approaches you with a mean look.
-When a dog barks.
-When you are alone with a retarded kid.
-When the church lady tries to drive away and your not done talking to her.
-Generally if someone poses greater than 1% change of being a threat. Kill him, her, it, whatever. And if someone is ignoring you or not listening to you, and you can't taser them, shoot em.

Weston White
06-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Wow, those are all so stunningly accurate! Spooky!

KingRobbStark
06-18-2012, 01:23 AM
They were justified in my personal opinion. The victim obviously had cooties.

Dark_Horse_Rider
06-18-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?380187-AK-Cops-shoot-and-kill-man-for-waving-a-stick-at-them.&p=4485244#post4485244

Looks like the guidebook is more accurate then I thought. REPOST part 3:

3) Firearms are appropriate in the following situations:
-When someone has something in their hands that could be used as a weapon such as a shopping bag with a beer can, or a stick.
-When someone looks threatening.
-When someone approaches you with a mean look.
-When a dog barks.
-When you are alone with a retarded kid.
-When the church lady tries to drive away and your not done talking to her.
-Generally if someone poses greater than 1% change of being a threat. Kill him, her, it, whatever. And if someone is ignoring you or not listening to you, and you can't taser them, shoot em.

someone has been paying attention

Travlyr
06-18-2012, 02:15 PM
So I guess this ends the need to discuss the death penalty. The police have become judge, jury, and executioners.