PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Tucker?

VoteRonPaul2008
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I was watching his show today, and no I don't have it on youtube. They were talking about last night's debate and how Kucinich is mocked by his own party membors.. then the LA times woman said well on the republicans side Ron Paul is articulate and keeps the other republicans honest. Tucker said well they know not to mess with Paul lol.. and later Tucker said he is a libertarnian?

gagnonstudio
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I was watching his show today, and no I don't have it on youtube. They were talking about last night's debate and how Kucinich is mocked by his own party membors.. then the LA times woman said well on the republicans side Ron Paul is articulate and keeps the other republicans honest. Tucker said well they know not to mess with Paul lol.. and later Tucker said he is a libertarnian?

Tucker has an identity crisis.

kylejack
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a compliment to me.

Tucker's great and helps us a lot, despite all the nerd-rage he draws here.

RPFTW!
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Tucker is ok, he loves Ron Paul one moment but whenever he has a guest on he makes fun of Ron Paul.

me3
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Tucker is a Paul supporter, he just doesn't always play one on TV. He voted for Dr. Paul in 1998 and has a lot of libertarian principles.

Many on the forum have criticized Tucker for not promoting Dr. Paul "correctly", but that's not his job, and he always allows Dr. Paul a lot of room to explain his positions and views during interviews.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Tucker probably is a libertarian, I don't know he keeps getting labeled a conservative

Adamsa
11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Tucker isn't paid to schill for Ron Paul 24/7.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't criticize Tucker I just don't understand his back and forth.. but I understand what your saying me3 it's not his job to promote Paul..

ThePieSwindler
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
this isnt back and forth, this is fine. Tucker maybe even thinks hes helping the cause by saying hes a libertarian. Tucker has shown enough that he certainly respects and probably supports ron paul, that any deviation other than a BLATANT hit piece is not a big deal and that we shouldnt worry. He probably just doesnt want to get into an arguement with a guest, since his show isnt a debate show like oreilly usually is, its a real interview.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
this isnt back and forth, this is fine. Tucker maybe even thinks hes helping the cause by saying hes a libertarian. Tucker has shown enough that he certainly respects and probably supports ron paul, that any deviation other than a BLATANT hit piece is not a big deal and that we shouldnt worry. He probably just doesnt want to get into an arguement with a guest, since his show isnt a debate show like oreilly usually is, its a real interview.

I think Tucker is is a right leaning libertarian. He seems to be hard on the borders

Magsec
11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
One thing that is more "nerdy" than supporting Ron Paul and his message of freedom that is desperately needed now is supporting him in *cough* 1988 *cough*

*leers at Tucker*

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Tucker seems to be one of the best.
Who is any better on mainstream TV??

American
11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Tucker is a tool

I stopped watching his program after his waffling on most things.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
oh okay I see there are mixed opinions, hopefully he keeps plugging for Paul on his show..

On a side note is anyone good with technical things.. I wanted to post in an elections forum where I usually go to support Paul.. but am able to login but not post, wondering if anyone could help?

BillyDkid
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Tucker isn't paid to schill for Ron Paul 24/7.No, that's not the point. He frequently ridicules his campaign in a subtle way. I might add, he doesn't seem to have a problem shilling for other candidates. Ron Paul has nearly 9 million in his account, but the news is all about Huckabee doing well in IA polls. From my perspective Tucker talks out of both sides of his mouth - he really admires Ron Paul, but nobody should take him seriously as a candidate. As long as there is and excuse - any excuse - to talk about any other candidate they will all do that instead of talking about Ron Paul. Some media person - and I would think it would be someone who claims to share his views - has to say Ron Paul needs to be taken seriously as a contender for the nomination. They all still marginalize him, albiet in a subtle way. We could bring in 5 million on the 16th and they will still do it. The polls need to start moving in IA for Ron Paul - they put up the poll and his name is not even on it. Why is there no movement?

BillyDkid
11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I think Tucker is is a right leaning libertarian. He seems to be hard on the bordersBeing libertarian and being conservative are in no way exclusive. That's exactly what Ron Paul is. Conservatism is not really right wing authoritarianism like it has come to represent. I guess if you consider being committed to the status quo is what conservatism is, then no, Ron Paul is not remotely conservative. That's the problem with this political labels - they really have no consistent meaning. Both conservatism and liberalism have become distorted beyond recognition. To me there is only collectivism or individualism. There is the love of liberty or contempt for it.

Minlawc
11-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I really don't see the problem with calling him libertarian, Paul DID run as the Libertarian Party presidential candidate. I'm pretty sure he calls himself one.

You guys have to calm down...

born2drv
11-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Tucker isn't paid to schill for Ron Paul 24/7.

Exactly.

If he has 70% positive things to day.... 20% jokes about Paul, and 10% negative, overall he's still a huge asset.

Zydeco
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Tucker is on our side. He's playing it the way he feels he has to, and has limiting pressures on him that we don't know about.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Being libertarian and being conservative are in no way exclusive. That's exactly what Ron Paul is. Conservatism is not really right wing authoritarianism like it has come to represent. I guess if you consider being committed to the status quo is what conservatism is, then no, Ron Paul is not remotely conservative. That's the problem with this political labels - they really have no consistent meaning. Both conservatism and liberalism have become distorted beyond recognition. To me there is only collectivism or individualism. There is the love of liberty or contempt for it.

Most libertarians support open borders

Hook
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Most libertarians support open borders

Or are ambivalent. I'm a member and I really don't care one way or another. I do see the positives to our economy from the Mexical labor, and would hate to see it go away though.

Avalon
11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Tucker was an asset earlier in the campaign when we needed name recognition. Although he waffles constantly, his general opinion is "I really liked Ron Paul but as a libertarian he has absolutely no chance, he only has supporters because they don't understand what he stands for, his "leave Iraq now" policy is dishonorable, and he's weak on the war on terror, which is the most important issue of our times." He's definitely not an asset anymore, but there's nothing we can really do about it anyway. This election will come down to word of mouth anyway. The Ron Paul didn't get to this point with the help of the media (who ignored him and us) and by now we've picked the low hanging fruit. Now we need to catapult over the (often subtle) negative bias the media puts out WRT Ron Paul and explain his positions to the people who will be shocked by his positions but won't bother to research them.

Smiley Gladhands
11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Did y'all ever think that maybe every time there's a big Tucker loverfest on these boards that TBTP give him a hard time or threaten him so he has to play it cool for a bit? Lay low? Or maybe he's checking the boards himself to see whether he's being too obvious in his support. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe....

Plus, a consistent member of the media? That'd be a little out of place itself.

SgtBulldog
11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, let's get this straight folks.

The Libertarian (big-L) party supports open borders. Despite running as a Libertarian candidate once, Ron Paul is a Republican. Philosophically, he supports libertarianism (small-L) and is part of the Republican Liberty Caucus which promotes libertarian principles in the GOP. Ron Paul is not bound by Libertarian Party stances since he is a Republican, but he does follow what he believes to be the legal and moral route to maximizing freedom.

Tucker Carlson has previously stated that he considers himself to be a libertarian, but he remains a media pundit and as such is mostly beholden to the MSM and should neither be glamorized or reviled as much as he is.

RP4ME
11-16-2007, 08:54 PM
i loe tucker I hate tucker no I love him no???

But I dont love him or hate him mor ethan more tucker threads

Nathan Hale
11-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Tucker is ok, he loves Ron Paul one moment but whenever he has a guest on he makes fun of Ron Paul.

I make fun of Ron Paul too, when there's truth behind it. There's a difference between liking the man and being a zealot for the man. Tucker knows that Paul has faults and he is open and honest about them. After all, he's a television commentator, not a Paul activist. Don't begrudge him what he's paid to do.

Elijah
11-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Tucker is on our side. He's playing it the way he feels he has to, and has limiting pressures on him that we don't know about.

Very well said.