PDA

View Full Version : IRS Suffers Staggering Defeat

derdy
11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
With the raid of the Liberty Dollar in the news, I'd thought this would be some good food for thought.

http://www.liberty-watch.com/volume03/issue08/coverstory.php

I'm still trying to look for the testimony from the trial of an IRS agent admitting that a Federal Reserve Note is not a legally a dollar.

Godbag
11-16-2007, 06:06 PM
THANKYOU GOD! Finally a bit of common sense has prevailed... i thought these kind of court cases were only won on boston legal...

cjhowe
11-16-2007, 06:22 PM
This is interesting. This begs the question, if one can skirt tax liability by paying employees in gold coins (essentially underpaying them) could one also skirt their liability by simply purchasing the coins, essentially being a loss. Paid $800 and recieved $20 in return, a loss of $780. Then upon retirement obtaining market price for the coin. Paid $20, received $800 (provided steady gold prices). You could maintain these gains below taxable threshold like a 401k

Brent H
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Here's an article describing how to use gold and silver coins from the U.S. Mint as an alternative currency to Federal Reserve Notes. The point of the article is that no one is forcing citizens to use Federal Reserve Notes. Citizens do it voluntarily even though it is contrary to their best interest. (This article was written before the case in Nevada took place.)

THE ENEMY IN THE MIRROR
http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_02/sanders042002.html

Brent H
11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I've got a friend who is collecting payment for parcels of land using U.S. Mint coins. He will be able to report a capital loss rather than capital gains on his tax returns as a result. The buyer will be able to pay lower property tax rates based on a lower purchase price of the land.

Bullion dealer wins.
Seller wins.
Buyer wins.
Tax collector loses.

V Ron Paul 2008
11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow this is really good news! thanks for posting this!!

weatherbill
11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
article 1 sections 2 and 9 forbid direct taxes, such as on your labor, unless apportioned according to the census, so a direct tax is unlawful anyways........

derdy
11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
bump