PDA

View Full Version : RP officially on the NY Ballot!!!! :D

freedom_junkie
11-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Thank God!!! I was gettin ready for the big petition push and just got this from Albany Meetup.

RP News:

Just got a note from Joe Becker, the campaign attorney.

Ron Paul is on the ballot in NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe says:

"Let's call off the petitioners and concentrate on the delegate slate."

Thanks so much,

joe"

Jeff Gaul did a nice job staying on top of this.

I'll have more to say tonight about where we go from here.

Please spread this news. I have literally HUNDREDS of emails from willing petitioners who I will now respond to.

Jim Ostrowski<---- HQ NY Coordinator

Tenbatsu
11-16-2007, 05:15 PM
That's great news! With all the states coming up with ballot problems I'm glad this one is in the bag.

freedom_junkie
11-16-2007, 05:42 PM
It took a lot of screamin and squeeky wheels to get this rollin, so, ya, whew. what do we have 5 with 45 more still to go? what's the scoop on the other states? Anyone?

thehittgirl
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Yippee!!!!! Well gotta say, I am really happy :D

plb
11-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah but it sucks so many NYers are Clinton happy :mad:

thehittgirl
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM

Keep on goin'. It's all we can do Our organizer, he amazes me because he just keeps going..knowing what the odds are in NY. I think it helps us keep strong ya know?

plb
11-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, he seems like a good guy. I still have yet to make it to a meetup though....Busy looking for a job :eek:

Avalon
11-16-2007, 07:46 PM

What does that matter? NY has closed primaries (registration ended over a month ago) and Clinton isn't running on the Republican ticket. If we get RP to the general election he'll trounce any democrat based on the war, civil liberties, taxes, and the fact that during a debate he can answer questions in a straightforward and in depth manner while actually taking a position.

NinjaPirate
11-16-2007, 08:04 PM
What does that matter? NY has closed primaries (registration ended over a month ago) and Clinton isn't running on the Republican ticket. If we get RP to the general election he'll trounce any democrat based on the war, civil liberties, taxes, and the fact that during a debate he can answer questions in a straightforward and in depth manner while actually taking a position.

Do we still fear Obama winning the Democratic ticket?

DealzOnWheelz
11-16-2007, 08:10 PM
WE DON'T FEAR ANY DEMOCRATS

Not to sound racist but middle america will never vote a black man into office at least not yet.

He may get alot of votes in the major metropolitan areas but not in those hicktowns

still a hell of alot of racists

And hillary would be toast as soon as we get the nomination

uraloony
11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I had pretty much written off my lovely home state of NY as a Rudi win with his NYC popularity, but he was beaten by Dr. Paul in a recent Young Republicans straw poll in NYC. This brings me great hope! That combined with all the Ron Paul signs I'm seeing all over the highway overpasses... Let's take NY State and blow this thing outta the water!!!

Avalon
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I had pretty much written off my lovely home state of NY as a Rudi win with his NYC popularity, but he was beaten by Dr. Paul in a recent Young Republicans straw poll in NYC. This brings me great hope! That combined with all the Ron Paul signs I'm seeing all over the highway overpasses... Let's take NY State and blow this thing outta the water!!!

Unfortunately that straw poll was meaningless. The only chance we have in NY is A) Supporters actually getting out and spreading the message and B) lots of momentum from earlier primaries proving he really can win it.

plb
11-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Clinton is much more popular than Rudy, particularly amongst the minorities.

thehittgirl
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah, he seems like a good guy. I still have yet to make it to a meetup though....Busy looking for a job :eek:

I'm upstate a little, but I heard Avery is a good guy too...he seems hard working.

Avalon
11-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Clinton is much more popular than Rudy, particularly amongst the minorities.
Again, Clinton doesn't matter until *after* the primaries.