PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron Paul just announce a Rally for the Republic 2.0 event?

Gage
06-15-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHlN5JWsw8&t=1m20s

It isn't the Paul Festival.

Gage
06-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Bump.

CaptainAmerica
06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/me-gusta-coffee.jpg

Its refreshing to hear an honest man speak.

parocks
06-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Well, all of what I'm seeing seems fine to me, the way I'm looking at it.

1) Ron said the event would be 1 day. Sunday August 26. Afternoon and night. Great. He said he wants a lot of people there. Great. So, clearly, the idea of a lot of people, a lot of Ron Paul supporters, in Tampa for the Convention, meets with Ron Paul's approval. He wants people there. Based on the limited signalling we get, it's really green light for everything.

2) Paul Festival benefits greatly from Ron Paul speaking in Tampa on Sunday. If Ron Paul was not speaking, it would be difficult to draw people to see Schiff and Stanhope. But Ron Paul is speaking. That means that probably 10k+ will see him speak. Why not make a longer trip of it and start on Friday, set up base camp at Tampa Fairgrounds, and then use the buses to move from the Fairgrounds to the Paul speech and back. The pieces seem to be fitting together nicely.

3) You do know, this was unclear before, that you can rent RV spots at the Tampa Fairgrounds for about $300 - for the FULL WEEK, even during the RNC. So you can just rent a rv, go with a handful of friends, and use the shuttle bus to get around. And do that all week. That's the real benefit of Paul Fest. To serve as the Grassroots Ron Paul base of operations. Actions planned, volunteers trained. There seem to be about 300 RV spots available. Some of these RVs could be mobile offices, with the ability to do real work in. A nice nice printer, superfast, might be sitting in one of these RVs. How about a TV studio? Nice cameras, nice lighting, a nice backdrop. Have fast internet. 300 Ron Paul RVs, all grouped together for a week, it's like Ron Paul town. And it actually could function as a town of sorts. If one of those RV spots was a stage, that'd be good. Perhaps a RV spot with Food. How about vendors?

Tiso0770
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I like that...."we should not be disruptive but we should not be pushed around".

hammy
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Let's all meet up there and start our own country. We'll be clicking at 200% over the USA GDP in a month.