PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's message to supporters

Barrex
06-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Ron Paul message to supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHlN5JWsw8&feature=player_embedded#!

*Is sailingaway ok?

ronpaulfollower999
06-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Finally! Looks like I'll be missing some school in August. :D

But why is Ron Paul's tie black and red? Has he converted to anarcho-communism?

IndianaPolitico
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
"And it is true that Santorum people are principled, but they are also authoritarians..." - Ron Paul

My new favorite quote.

ronpaulfollower999
06-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Hmmm...where is this rally taking place, and what happens to Paul Festival?

"And it is true that Santorum people are principled, but they are also authoritarians..." - Ron Paul

My new favorite quote.

Yeah. That was a classic Ron Paul moment. :toady:

SpicyTurkey
06-15-2012, 07:28 PM
RP is my hero. You've got to love that man.

alucard13mmfmj
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Bilderberg wants to see RP dead... :(

It is nice to hear from Ron ^^. Damn Santorum, trying to ruin things again.

Still =p... Presidency would be nice or some important positions. hehe

Origanalist
06-15-2012, 07:30 PM
That did my heart good. Loves me some Ron Paul.

joshnorris14
06-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I'll be seeing you all in Tampa. If anyone wants to start a convoy down I-75 let's get it started.

asurfaholic
Warms my heart to hear him

Mckarnin
Ah, just what we needed to hear.

opinionatedfool
06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
That's better than an email:)

EBounding
06-15-2012, 07:38 PM
This is what it's all about.

Margo37
06-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Ah, just what we needed to hear.

THIS. At last.

Eisenhower
06-15-2012, 07:42 PM
sigh i don't know what to say

CPUd
06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I had a bad feeling before I watched it, but now, not so much.

Working Poor
06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Finally! Looks like I'll be missing some school in August. :D

With my limited vision I can still see that tie is red and blue.....

NoOneButPaul
06-15-2012, 07:56 PM
When is he going to say what the actual plan of action is? They keep talking about it but no one seems to have any idea what it is...

parocks
06-15-2012, 07:57 PM

My new favorite quote.

I don't get why Ron Paul is fighting with Santorum. The Pauls HAVE to be getting something good. Which is what we want.

Even though we will have "not enough to win" unless something crazy happens, certainly we need delegates and we need Romney, not Santorum really, to be weaker in August in Tampa.

I guess Ron Paul is saying that the official campaign won't be attacking Romney (they can't be acting as if something crazy was going to happen), but attacking Romney is still beneficial if something crazy happens.

angelatc
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
LOL - A little history of Vietnam lesson in there. I love that man. :)

donnay
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
How could you not want to give that man a big hug?

justatrey
06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
I can honestly say that I love this man. I mean, just look how damn authentic he is. Who is like that now days? Almost noone.

How the hell did he not winning in an absolute landslide?!

I have some unused vacation and I think he might have just talked me into a trip to Tampa :)

The Dude
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I love Ron Paul to death, but he admitted right there that the plan to tweak the GOP platform is a load of garbage as we all know. Changing the platform won't change a GOP full of statist warmongers. What exactly is the goal here? It doesn't look like there is one.

opinionatedfool
I don't get why Ron Paul is fighting with Santorum.

I think he plain just doesn't like him. Who can blame him with how Santorum treated him in the debates and otherwise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aji7aFSFKKc

This one is good to watch just for the heck of it. Maan I miss some of these debates! I only wish we'd have some good ones after August!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi12aVa3psc

satchelmcqueen
this is the fire ive been needing!!!!!!!! bring it on tampa!!

opinionatedfool
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
I love Ron Paul to death, but he admitted right there that the plan to tweak the GOP platform is a load of garbage as we all know. Changing the platform won't change a GOP full of statist warmongers. What exactly is the goal here? It doesn't look like there is one.

I think the goal is get whatever we can. Make the most of it.

Razmear
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Any firm location on the 8/26 rally he is calling for?

parocks
06-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I'll be seeing you all in Tampa. If anyone wants to start a convoy down I-75 let's get it started.

Buses should be planned. Buses might or should be needed to take people from the Fairgrounds to the Convention during the week.

Carson
06-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Wouldn't that be the Paul Festival (http://www.paulfestival.org/?start=6)?

Sola_Fide
06-15-2012, 08:20 PM
What a freedom fighter! So inspiring.....

ClydeCoulter
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm a "remnant" :)

alex_florida
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Buses should be planned. Buses might or should be needed to take people from the Fairgrounds to the Convention during the week.

Yes, it will be great if there is the convoy from South FL.

bunklocoempire
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Atta boy Ron! :)

Be nice and don't let yourself be pushed around.

ClydeCoulter
06-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Go Ron Paul Delegates !
I am glad to see Ron "in person" :)

Razmear
06-15-2012, 08:35 PM

Not sure, that's why I'm asking. As far as I know the GOP still hasn't released the fairgrounds yet.

Zatch
06-15-2012, 08:36 PM

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
God I love Ron Paul :)

P.S. Took me 20 minutes to listen to on my crappy phone :p

Britannia
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I was missing my daily fix of Paulism. I feel better already :D

Tenbobnote
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Not sure, that's why I'm asking. As far as I know the GOP still hasn't released the fairgrounds yet.

According to PaulFest the GOP HAS released the fairgrounds and paulfest is a GO!
See: http://paulfestival.org/
and http://www.facebook.com/PaulFestival?ref=ts

Razmear
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM

According to PaulFest the GOP HAS released the fairgrounds and paulfest is a GO!
See: http://paulfestival.org/
and http://www.facebook.com/PaulFestival?ref=ts

Cool, looking into it now, I'll take the Ron Paul Ram down there if I can, hoping I can tent camp on site to save expenses, but they don't have the tent camping info posted yet.

RonPaulRules
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Ron Paul Fest Anthem ;) at 1:42 it starts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ox0Q4YIdnGI#t=101s

asurfaholic
06-15-2012, 09:07 PM

You stopped listening as soon as he said "there's truth [to the people who say platform means nothing]".

Go back and listen again or go away. Your comprehension skills suck.

zeloc
06-15-2012, 09:12 PM
This is total garbage. If the aim of Ron Paul/the campaign was truly to get the nomination, then I would at least like to hear some acknowledgement that he did not win. But his speech makes it seem as if things went perfectly according to plan and he is going to have an influence in the Republican party. Who knows if this will happen, I think Pat Buchanan tried something similar a decade ago and no one remembers. He should run as an independent, I see him now as never having been interested in winning. If he doesn't its either Obama or Romney and will need to decide between the lesser of 2 evils.

parocks
06-15-2012, 09:17 PM
If
It might or might not be. Ron Paul was pretty specific. 1 day. afternoon and night. I don't know from that whether Paul Festival is part of that or not.
Ron Paul himself is the big draw. If it's not at Paul Festival, Paul Festival won't have a big draw and won't have a lot of people. On the other hand, Paul Festival
becomes part of the fabric, secondary to the main Sunday night show, and it will be the size it will be, whatever that is. If there is Ron Paul Sunday night, somewhere, there will be people there. The Paul Festivals job is to get some of THOSE people to Paul Festival. Provide the amenities for 7 days of grassroots central.

ican'tvote
06-15-2012, 09:22 PM
This is total garbage. If the aim of Ron Paul/the campaign was truly to get the nomination, then I would at least like to hear some acknowledgement that he did not win. But his speech makes it seem as if things went perfectly according to plan and he is going to have an influence in the Republican party. Who knows if this will happen, I think Pat Buchanan tried something similar a decade ago and no one remembers. He should run as an independent, I see him now as never having been interested in winning. If he doesn't its either Obama or Romney and will need to decide between the lesser of 2 evils.
He was always interested in winning. He just knew it was unlikely.

parocks
06-15-2012, 09:24 PM

What? For one thing, Gary Johnson is running. He's credible. His resume isn't really too different from Romneys. GJ was a 2 term Governor, Romney only 1. Is Virgil Goode running on the Constitutional Ticket? There aren't just 2 choices.

Ron Paul pretty much knows that anything that sounds like "bad news" is not what we want to hear. He said right away "I'm going to focus on good news" or something.
He's giving a pep talk, trying to focus on what can be accomplished at the convention short of winning. It's exactly what I thought he'd say, except I was surprised by the anti Santorum tone, and the announcement of the rally on Sunday afternoon-evening was definitely a surprise. I think he was kidding when he said "don't be disrepectful". He meant he can't publicly encourage being disrespectful.

Angel4Liberty
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
That. Was. Awesome. Thank you, Dr. Paul!

I love Ron Paul.

Ramp it up for Tampa!! No One But Paul!!!

RickyJ
06-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Ron Paul never fails to encourage me. He has to feel bad that he didn't do better than he did, but he knows showing that will not help the cause of liberty move forward. He is like a dad to me, especially since mine died when I was just a kid.

jasonxe
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Will anybody be holding bus trips around the Florida area?

romancito
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow. Ron Paul is sticking to his "war on ideas" as the basis for his movement's success. No surprises with that. So he wants to go to the Convention as "delegates with ideas." Lets see, "Ron Paul delegates with ideas" will push for all of those themes he mentioned as important economic paradigms that must change in order for the country to turn around and become prosperous again. Good luck with that. It will take an outright catastrophic depression, deflation followed by hyper inflation and complete social collapse for the powers that be would even consider to change anything they hold dear.

In the meantime in Egypt the delegates to the parliament were dismissed this week and the parliament was dissolved. My congressman is running unopposed. More drones than they know what to do with them. Everything keeps slowly automating to make people walk in single line holding hands or not holding hands, but in single line. Well, Ron Paul's message sounded to me like more "walk in single line holding hands - run fast and wait."

Wait some more. Wait some more. Wait some more.

pacelli
06-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Remnant? Ron.. ??

Why do I get the sense that this was a highly edited video of our guy?

parocks
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Remnant? Ron.. ??

Why do I get the sense that this was a highly edited video of our guy?

Remnant is famous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Jay_Nock

In his 1936 article "Isaiah's Job",[4] which appeared in the Atlantic Monthly, Nock expressed his complete disillusionment with the idea of reforming the current system. Believing that it would be impossible to convince any large portion of the general population of the correct course and opposing any suggestion of a violent revolution, Nock instead argued that libertarians should focus on nurturing what he called "the Remnant".

The Remnant, according to Nock, consisted of a small minority who understood the nature of the state and society, and who would become influential only after the current dangerous course had become thoroughly and obviously untenable, a situation which might not occur until far into the future. Nock's philosophy of the Remnant was influenced by the deep pessimism and elitism that social critic Ralph Adams Cram expressed in a 1932 essay, "Why We Do Not Behave Like Human Beings".[5]

Britannia
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Ron Paul never fails to encourage me. He has to feel bad that he didn't do better than he did, but he knows showing that will not help the cause of liberty move forward. He is like a dad to me, especially since mine died when I was just a kid.

I actually think he did remarkably well. When you consider the tiny amount of exposure he received on television, which like it or not is how most people still get their news, his success reminds me of loaves and fishes. The other candidates recieved much more air-time and positive coverage than Ron Paul, and there's a study on that very subject that confirms that to be the case.

When I first read Paul supporters moaning on about how their candidate was virtually blacklisted by the mainstream media my first thought was "oh well, they would say that, wouldn't they". All it took was a little investigation to find out these people were actually telling the truth! When the rich and powerful in the government and the media are hand-in-glove to maintain the status quo then someone like Ron Paul starts out at a bad disadvantage, he's Kryptonite to their "Superman", if you will. The last thing these people want is someone like Ron Paul going around in the media telling the truth about how big government and big business are in bed together, how war is nearly always nothing more than a racket, how your civil liberties are being destroyed on the basis of a phoney argument... we all know this, and more, we've all heard Dr. Paul's message and been woken up. The next big thing we have to do is stay awake and carry the message on to the next sleepwalker.

And by the way, I'm so sorry to read about your Dad, I really am. Please excuse my ramblings, I have a tendency to rattle on sometimes.

QueenB4Liberty
06-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I love it! :D I love Ron Paul! No one but Paul!!!

WhistlinDave
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Ron Paul message to supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHlN5JWsw8&feature=player_embedded#!

Can somebody put this video top center on the home page?

*Is sailingaway ok?

What happened to Sailingaway?

When is he going to say what the actual plan of action is? They keep talking about it but no one seems to have any idea what it is...

Ron can't come right out and say this so I'll tell you what the plan is. The delegates are going to go into Tampa, follow the rules, make sure the rules are followed by everyone else, and the delegates are going to win the nomination for Ron Paul. Some say it's unlikely. Maybe. Some say it's impossible. (Wrong.) That's the plan, and that's what's going to happen.

Some people call me crazy. They are entitled to their opinion. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist who has done many things in life that were supposed to be impossible. There really isn't much that is impossible. People fool themselves into believing things are impossible, but it's usually a lie. The moment you realize you've been believing a lie, many possibilities open up to you.

There are tons of possibilities... And if there is anyone with the determination, passion, and voice to make the "impossible" happen it is Ron Paul delegates. We have already seen that many times along the way...

Wait some more. Wait some more. Wait some more.

The National convention is more than two months away still. Wait some more. Hang in there and stay positive.

WhistlinDave
06-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Wow. Ron Paul is sticking to his "war on ideas" as the basis for his movement's success. No surprises with that. So he wants to go to the Convention as "delegates with ideas." Lets see, "Ron Paul delegates with ideas" will push for all of those themes he mentioned as important economic paradigms that must change in order for the country to turn around and become prosperous again. Good luck with that. It will take an outright catastrophic depression, deflation followed by hyper inflation and complete social collapse for the powers that be would even consider to change anything they hold dear.

With all due respect, I think you have not been listening to Ron Paul's message... the "Powers that Be" are not going to be in power forever. We are making sure of that. Whether Ron Paul wins the Presidency this time around or not, this movement is not over. This movement of the people is just really picking up serious momentum, and it is growing exponentially.

The "war on ideas" is what this is all about. The more minds we awaken, the harder it will be to stop Liberty from taking back our government from the corrupt politicians, bankers, and corporations. I know it is hard to be patient, but truly the goal is not to make one man President. The goal is to wake up the entire country until the Liberty Movement IS THE MAJORITY IN CONTROL of our politics. (Of course making Ron Paul the President is a nice goal that fits in very nicely with the bigger picture too, don't get me wrong. But if that doesn't happen, it does not mean we lose.)

We are trying to change things from the inside in our politics, but THE MORE PEOPLE WHO WAKE UP, the more people who understand the message of Liberty, THE EASIER IT WILL BE TO CHANGE OUR POLITICS. Do one, and the other one will follow sooner, or later.

This is a reality that cannot be stopped. The "powers that be" will try, and they are trying now, but you cannot stop this thing. It is much bigger than one man, or hundreds of delegates, or a war on ideas. This is the TRUTH AND THE PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP TO THE TRUTH. Government cannot maintain this corruption forever, because Liberty never dies. It has been asleep for awhile. But the people are waking up, and Liberty will crush Tyranny again.

You cannot stop it. No one can stop it.

row333au
06-15-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5TeneSysiw&feature=related

NOW or NEVER!!!

Time to PUSH and PRESSURE Romney out in the public for a Worldwide debate with the good doctor.... The debate is very crucial and necessary between the last two final candidate which will clearly show the clarity of who the public is going to support without outside undue influence

Its up to the Ron Paul Movement to do this... put out an advert, make articles, make prints, public petitions, threats of boycotts to media services and marketing clients, rally marches, congressional lobby, etc.... at best still people will wake up to the shenanigans of a rigged election

SCRUTINY with the open public in deciding the best nominee will give the best fair evidence that will override Republican bias decision (US Public Consensus vs Republican Party).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua4inlXnhhc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hst8_K49r-I

abruzz0
06-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Why is Ron Paul so amazing?

unknown
06-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Seems to me like the delegates are going with the goal of getting Ron Paul the nomination whether the campaign realizes it or not.

Never stop fighting.

devil21
06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Two things.

Ron is even worse when reading a teleprompter. He's at his best when he's just speaking his mind. That speech was half teleprompter, half ad lib.

Second, that's a mixed message video if Ive ever seen one. When he's reading the teleprompter, he's playing ball with the party. When he's ad libbing he uses words like "fill the vacuum" and don't allow authoritarians to win. Maybe I'm projecting but it really looks like Ron just said to win this thing but to do it the right way and use our strength to be friends with the party.

freedomordeath
06-16-2012, 02:06 AM
I love this dude, we need a clone lol.

parocks
06-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Two things.

Ron is even worse when reading a teleprompter. He's at his best when he's just speaking his mind. That speech was half teleprompter, half ad lib.

Second, that's a mixed message video if Ive ever seen one. When he's reading the teleprompter, he's playing ball with the party. When he's ad libbing he uses words like "fill the vacuum" and don't allow authoritarians to win. Maybe I'm projecting but it really looks like Ron just said to win this thing but to do it the right way and use our strength to be friends with the party.

When he was saying don't be distruptive, I think he was kidding or joking.

parocks
06-16-2012, 02:26 AM
Can somebody put this video top center on the home page?

What happened to Sailingaway?

Ron can't come right out and say this so I'll tell you what the plan is. The delegates are going to go into Tampa, follow the rules, make sure the rules are followed by everyone else, and the delegates are going to win the nomination for Ron Paul. Some say it's unlikely. Maybe. Some say it's impossible. (Wrong.) That's the plan, and that's what's going to happen.

Some people call me crazy. They are entitled to their opinion. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist who has done many things in life that were supposed to be impossible. There really isn't much that is impossible. People fool themselves into believing things are impossible, but it's usually a lie. The moment you realize you've been believing a lie, many possibilities open up to you.

There are tons of possibilities... And if there is anyone with the determination, passion, and voice to make the "impossible" happen it is Ron Paul delegates. We have already seen that many times along the way...

The National convention is more than two months away still. Wait some more. Hang in there and stay positive.

"Some people call me crazy. They are entitled to their opinion. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist who has done many things in life that were supposed to be impossible. There really isn't much that is impossible. People fool themselves into believing things are impossible, but it's usually a lie. The moment you realize you've been believing a lie, many possibilities open up to you."

If you admit that what you're pursuing is considered far fetched, you're less likely to be called crazy. I'm not going to call the desired Tampa outcome impossible. There are black swan events that could happen. Romney eaten by sharks. Good trained delegates would need to be in place.

However, my preferred outlook contains recognition that we aren't going to win unless something crazy happens (but we do still want that vote, and I know that we're working on lawsuits and large gatherings in Tampa and all these things we're working on might be that black swan event, that something crazy that causes the unlikely to happen), and trying to get whatever we can, and threatening to wreck the convention if we don't get what we want.

gerryb
06-16-2012, 02:40 AM
My congressman is running unopposed. More drones than they know what to do with them.

Why aren't you on the ballot against them?

WhistlinDave
06-16-2012, 02:51 AM
If you admit that what you're pursuing is considered far fetched, you're less likely to be called crazy. I'm not going to call the desired Tampa outcome impossible. There are black swan events that could happen. Romney eaten by sharks. Good trained delegates would need to be in place.

However, my preferred outlook contains recognition that we aren't going to win unless something crazy happens (but we do still want that vote, and I know that we're working on lawsuits and large gatherings in Tampa and all these things we're working on might be that black swan event, that something crazy that causes the unlikely to happen), and trying to get whatever we can, and threatening to wreck the convention if we don't get what we want.

I agree, something crazy will need to happen, but maybe "crazy" doesn't mean unlikely--maybe it just means unforeseen.

I'm curious as to what evidence will be presented in this lawsuit. Is there stuff most of us don't even know about yet?

How's this for a black swan: What if in the course of the civil proceeding, there is irrefutable evidence Romney himself had a hand in directing illegal activities? Or evidence that he had direct knowledge of criminal behavior, and did not do anything to stop any of it?

If so, then this could impact Romney in several ways... He could try to make a deal and back out, i.e. concede the nomination at or before the convention in an attempt to wash his hands of it. (Remember, the lawsuit says a separate RICO criminal trial will be sought later against all involved in criminal activities during the Primary...)

Perhaps Romney could end up in handcuffs in a jail cell awaiting trial before the convention, similarly forced to concede the nomination. Perhaps this lawsuit will start to get the attention it deserves and he will simply be shamed into conceding the nomination, since someone with such dirty hands could not win against Obama presumably...

Maybe it's even possible the judge could issue an injunction disqualifying Romney from the nomination if there is sufficient irrefutable evidence he was involved in election fraud. (Even if not found criminally guilty, maybe the judge will say "You cannot run for President as I find that you personally are guilty of election fraud, and while this court does not have the authority to hold you criminally liable--that is for another court to decide--I do have the authority to bar you from the nomination as an additional remedy to plaintiffs in the case, because your actions have damaged them.")

I can envision black swans of many different sizes and shapes ever since this lawsuit was filed. :D

Even if Romney isn't proven to be directly connected with anything, if the suit is successful and all the delegates become officially unbound on the first ballot, we all just became a lot less crazy for thinking it is possible to win.

parocks
06-16-2012, 03:14 AM
I agree, something crazy will need to happen, but maybe "crazy" doesn't mean unlikely--maybe it just means unforeseen.

I'm curious as to what evidence will be presented in this lawsuit. Is there stuff most of us don't even know about yet?

How's this for a black swan: What if in the course of the civil proceeding, there is irrefutable evidence Romney himself had a hand in directing illegal activities? Or evidence that he had direct knowledge of criminal behavior, and did not do anything to stop any of it?

If so, then this could impact Romney in several ways... He could try to make a deal and back out, i.e. concede the nomination at or before the convention in an attempt to wash his hands of it. (Remember, the lawsuit says a separate RICO criminal trial will be sought later against all involved in criminal activities during the Primary...)

Perhaps Romney could end up in handcuffs in a jail cell awaiting trial before the convention, similarly forced to concede the nomination. Perhaps this lawsuit will start to get the attention it deserves and he will simply be shamed into conceding the nomination, since someone with such dirty hands could not win against Obama presumably...

Maybe it's even possible the judge could issue an injunction disqualifying Romney from the nomination if there is sufficient irrefutable evidence he was involved in election fraud. (Even if not found criminally guilty, maybe the judge will say "You cannot run for President as I find that you personally are guilty of election fraud, and while this court does not have the authority to hold you criminally liable--that is for another court to decide--I do have the authority to bar you from the nomination as an additional remedy to plaintiffs in the case, because your actions have damaged them.")

I can envision black swans of many different sizes and shapes ever since this lawsuit was filed. :D

Even if Romney isn't proven to be directly connected with anything, if the suit is successful and all the delegates become officially unbound on the first ballot, we all just became a lot less crazy for thinking it is possible to win.

black swan, unlikely, unforeseen. you're said to be crazy for believing in those things. That's just how it works. What you're talking about is crazy, unlikely, unforeseen, black swan. But it could happen. Romney could eaten by sharks. Of course, we're pushing for these black swan events to take place, so, they don't seem quite as black swannish as to us. But, technically, they say you're crazy if you think a black swan like this will happen. It's just how it works. That's why Rand has to endorse and Ron Paul has to pretend it's over. It's a rule that you have to at least pretend that the msm isn't just making stuff up. We really should have a non crazy primary reason to do the same thing - fight hard to get delegates. To me, that non crazy thing is "Rand as VP". We need be inclusive. I think not providing a rational reason to keep going (and Ron Paul did provide a rational reason) would keep people from keeping going. The "make black swan happen" approach will be pursued by those who want to pursue it.

tod evans
06-16-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm a "remnant" :)

Me too.

ShowMeLiberty
06-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Great video. This is one of the reasons I love Ron Paul. Instead of jumping into the melee he stays above it and reminds us why we all came together in the first place and gently urges us to put our focus back on things that really matter.

Bless you, Dr. Paul. You never cease to inspire me.

Weston White
06-16-2012, 05:57 AM
So totally WTW (worth the wait)!

UtahApocalypse
06-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Undecided.

I honestly I have some concerns. this video seems to be scripted which is not the Ron I have come to love. Was this message to the supporters required as part of the secret deal? A Rally where all of our delegates will be counted, and IDed the day before the convention? That sound like a TERRIBLE plan.

Revolution9
06-16-2012, 07:23 AM

Or his partner in the Ponzi scheme that stole billions got 110 years in jail yesterday.

Rev9

Revolution9
06-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Undecided.

I honestly I have some concerns. this video seems to be scripted which is not the Ron I have come to love. Was this message to the supporters required as part of the secret deal? A Rally where all of our delegates will be counted, and IDed the day before the convention? That sound like a TERRIBLE plan.

Yer always wishywashying and pretending you are actually concerned. Yer internal agenda is another thing entirely.

Rev9

ClydeCoulter
06-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Undecided.

Some of them would attend "Paul Fest" anyway, so I don't think it will be a secret that can be kept.
It may have been scripted somewhat so that he not go off on what has been happening, that's kinda the way I saw it. Did you see the Texas Convention speach he gave, I'd say he's pretty fired up. He showed a bit of "self" constraint in this video, I think.

July
06-16-2012, 08:30 AM
I think not providing a rational reason to keep going (and Ron Paul did provide a rational reason) would keep people from keeping going.

Agreed... it's like G. Edward Griffin said about the sinking boat analogy. If the boat is sinking, and all you do is tell others that the boat is sinking, people will either not believe you, or will just sink into apathy as they realize it's too late to do anything about it. So you give them some kind of practical goal to work towards, even if small.

NoOneButPaul
06-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I wish he would have said something about Rand's endorsement...

seawolf
06-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Love Ron Paul's talk, though a bit scripted.....only concern is the Campaign is now concentrating on the Platform and is saying nothing about Nominating Ron for President on the Convention Floor.

If we have the five States to Nominate Ron, then he MUST be Nominated. We have all worked to hard for anything less.

RDM
06-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Love Ron Paul's talk, though a bit scripted.....only concern is the Campaign is now concentrating on the Platform and is saying nothing about Nominating Ron for President on the Convention Floor.

If we have the five States to Nominate Ron, then he MUST be Nominated. We have all worked to hard for anything less.

I think once the "NEW" campaign structure is in place, these concerns along with many others are going to be addressed.

freedomordeath
06-16-2012, 12:06 PM
http://www.anunews.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/aa-Ron-Paul-holding-baseball-bat.jpg

CaptainAmerica
06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Ron Paul is a leader in character. <3 ron paul

qwerty
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
SHARE THIS VIDEO EVERYWAY YOU CAN NOW!

rockandrollsouls
06-16-2012, 02:13 PM
So for those saying we are still trying to get the nomination...I think this video pretty much shows the campaign and Ron have given up on that....

talkingpointes
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I wish he would have said something about Rand's endorsement...

He doesn't need too. Ron is a man of principle, he leads by example.

coffeewithchess
06-16-2012, 04:07 PM
He doesn't need too. Ron is a man of principle, he leads by example.

Exactly right. His campaign endorsed Romney many months ago. Rand was just following their lead.

WarDog
06-16-2012, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8LzMTNkJn0A#!

RDM
06-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Exactly right. His campaign endorsed Romney many months ago. Rand was just following their lead.

His campaign is soon to be fired. New campaign on the way.

WhistlinDave
06-16-2012, 05:21 PM

I'm not happy with the statements that came out of the campaign either but in all fairness, I think that's a gross mischaracterization of what the campaign said. There is a difference between acknowledging that Romney is likely to win the nomination, vs. actually endorsing him. A big difference. It's the difference between saying "I think Romney will probably be the nominee," a statement that does not indicate one's preference, versus "I WANT Romney to be the nominee and I HOPE Romney is the nominee," which is clearly stating one's preference.

Neither Ron Paul nor his campaign ever endorsed Romney.

Todd
06-16-2012, 05:56 PM

And Social conservatives vis a vis, the Christian right also tried this in the 80s and the GOP still has far reaching ripple effects from their influence no?

DeMintConservative
06-16-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm not happy with the statements that came out of the campaign either but in all fairness, I think that's a gross mischaracterization of what the campaign said. There is a difference between acknowledging that Romney is likely to win the nomination, vs. actually endorsing him. A big difference. It's the difference between saying "I think Romney will probably be the nominee," a statement that does not indicate one's preference, versus "I WANT Romney to be the nominee and I HOPE Romney is the nominee," which is clearly stating one's preference.

“However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election.

Ron Paul will be more explicit in Tampa.

Matthew Zak
06-16-2012, 06:17 PM

The plan is that everyone shows up and in every conceivable way possible, make it crystal clear to the GOP that we are the future of the party and that Ron Paul's message WILL be the new platform. Period, end of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKZqbGRuxs

coffeewithchess
06-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Interesting. The media told us of an alliance, many months back. The Ron Paul campaign usually used questions about Romney, as ways to praise his "business experience", or even use major Romney campaign staffer gafs as ways to defend Romney and attack Santorum and Gingrich (see FlipFlop ad from RP's campaign).
Then, we have Michigan where Ron Paul's campaign openly launched an attack ad AGAINST Rick Santorum, helping Romney win that state.
Then, we have Virginia, the first one-on-one state with Romney. What awesome campaign ad did Ron Paul 2012 and company launch in Virginia? None. Zero. Not a peep at all.
Then, Rick Santorum drops out, Newt Gingrich drops out, and what does Ron Paul 2012's campaign do over raising over 1.5 million (maybe three, I'd had to check the timeline) in Texas? They run an attack ad, alienating ex-Santorum and ex-Gingrich supporters, by attacking Santorum and Gingrich who were ALREADY OUT OF THE RACE!
North Carolina? Both Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were out, Gingrich the week before NC's vote. What did Ron Paul and company use those millions on in North Carolina to help the Evangelical voters that were turning out on an Amendment do? ZERO. NOTHING!

Nobody around here, or at the official campaign, should ever say the Ron Paul 2008 or Ron Paul 2012 campaigns were EVER serious about winning. You do not raise/spend $50+ MILLION between two campaigns, with the ACTIVE supporters Ron Paul had, and get the results we have and top it off by insulting the Ron Paul supporters that have been giving it their all to become delegates.
If John Edwards was investigated for using campaign funds to cover up his baby's momma, perhaps we could get an investigation into the Ron Paul campaign using funds to help Romney win?

paulbot24
06-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Interesting. The media told us of an alliance, many months back. The Ron Paul campaign usually used questions about Romney, as ways to praise his "business experience", or even use major Romney campaign staffer gafs as ways to defend Romney and attack Santorum and Gingrich (see FlipFlop ad from RP's campaign).
Then, we have Michigan where Ron Paul's campaign openly launched an attack ad AGAINST Rick Santorum, helping Romney win that state.
Then, we have Virginia, the first one-on-one state with Romney. What awesome campaign ad did Ron Paul 2012 and company launch in Virginia? None. Zero. Not a peep at all.
Then, Rick Santorum drops out, Newt Gingrich drops out, and what does Ron Paul 2012's campaign do over raising over 1.5 million (maybe three, I'd had to check the timeline) in Texas? They run an attack ad, alienating ex-Santorum and ex-Gingrich supporters, by attacking Santorum and Gingrich who were ALREADY OUT OF THE RACE!
North Carolina? Both Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were out, Gingrich the week before NC's vote. What did Ron Paul and company use those millions on in North Carolina to help the Evangelical voters that were turning out on an Amendment do? ZERO. NOTHING!

Nobody around here, or at the official campaign, should ever say the Ron Paul 2008 or Ron Paul 2012 campaigns were EVER serious about winning. You do not raise/spend $50+ MILLION between two campaigns, with the ACTIVE supporters Ron Paul had, and get the results we have and top it off by insulting the Ron Paul supporters that have been giving it their all to become delegates.
If John Edwards was investigated for using campaign funds to cover up his baby's momma, perhaps we could get an investigation into the Ron Paul campaign using funds to help Romney win?

"Some people, if they don't know....you can't tell them." Enough already. Put it in drive and move forward already.

coffeewithchess
06-16-2012, 06:46 PM
"Some people, if they don't know....you can't tell them." Enough already. Put it in drive and move forward already.

You do move forward, but not with Ron Paul, Rand Paul, or ANYBODY at the official campaign (see Jesse Benton).

paulbot24
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Not with Ron Paul? Then why waste your time in Grassroots Central on Ron Paul Forums?

devil21
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Gotta write the official campaign off. It's been co-opted. That's clear to everyone by now. No use bitching about it now.

Remember, Ron's ad guy's wife is a Romney campaign staffer. There has been some very careful placement of staffers in the official campaign that have, in hindsight, influenced the official campaign's efforts in a negative direction.

jj-
06-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Gotta write the official campaign off. It's been co-opted. That's clear to everyone by now. No use bitching about it now.

Exactly.

WhistlinDave
06-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Interesting. The media told us of an alliance, many months back.

The media also told us Ron Paul supporters were causing "chaos" and "shenanigans" and attempting "hostile takeovers" of caucuses and conventions in an effort to "steal" delegates from Romney who "IS" the nominee. The media is so believable.

You can believe whatever you want, but throwing in the towel now and assuming the worst about the only man in politics who has demonstrated unshakeable integrity and consistency for many years is, in my opinion, a mistake. Things are just about to get really interesting with the lawsuit happening, and Tampa is still more than 2 months away.

I cannot understand why people are so willing to believe this thing is over. Glass is still half full... Lots can happen yet.

coffeewithchess
06-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Not with Ron Paul? Then why waste your time in Grassroots Central on Ron Paul Forums?

Because the name will probably change eventually, and the grassroots are awesome. I have repeatedly said the grassroots are incredible with what they do, the campaign thoug? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I have no problem with grassroots supporters, even ones that may disagree with my take on things...

anaconda
06-16-2012, 07:21 PM

What's the red & black connection to "anarcho-communism?"

coffeewithchess
06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
The media also told us Ron Paul supporters were causing "chaos" and "shenanigans" and attempting "hostile takeovers" of caucuses and conventions in an effort to "steal" delegates from Romney who "IS" the nominee. The media is so believable.

You can believe whatever you want, but throwing in the towel now and assuming the worst about the only man in politics who has demonstrated unshakeable integrity and consistency for many years is, in my opinion, a mistake. Things are just about to get really interesting with the lawsuit happening, and Tampa is still more than 2 months away.

It must be really difficult to be a hero making $150K+ a year, spreading a message. You clearly didn't watch any of my videos on the media (unfortunately, YouTube deleted them all with my account, and of course you can't even find a human being to talk with to get an explanation as to why at Google/YouTube) and exposing them in their lies about RP during the campaign, but that's okay...some people will defend a campaign that is/was about raising money, and not winning...all day long apparently. :D

WhistlinDave
06-17-2012, 12:10 AM
It must be really difficult to be a hero making $150K+ a year, spreading a message. You clearly didn't watch any of my videos on the media (unfortunately, YouTube deleted them all with my account, and of course you can't even find a human being to talk with to get an explanation as to why at Google/YouTube) and exposing them in their lies about RP during the campaign, but that's okay...some people will defend a campaign that is/was about raising money, and not winning...all day long apparently. :D

I didn't see any of your YT videos, at least not that I know of, and I'm sorry if your account got closed. (Did you try appealing it with YouTube?)

Regarding the campaign though, do you really believe Ron Paul never had any intention of winning?

WhistlinDave
06-17-2012, 12:26 AM

What's the red & black connection to "anarcho-communism?"

Red and black are the official colors of "anarcho-communism." The black symbolizes the vacuum or complete absence of government that you get with anarchy, and the red symbolizes the bricks that build all the government buildings you get with communism, where everything is controlled by the government and shared by everyone. Yep. Good old anarcho-communism. :toady:

qwerty
06-17-2012, 12:40 AM
http://www. reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/v65ej/ron_paul_an_important_message_to_all_supporters/

http://www. reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/v65cg/ron_paul_message_to_supporters/

vote the video up in reddit!

WhistlinDave
06-17-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/ronpaul/comments/v65ej/ron_paul_an_important_message_to_all_supporters/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/v65cg/ron_paul_message_to_supporters/

vote the video up in reddit!

Fixed the links for you.

Barrex
06-17-2012, 11:00 AM
When and how did people prepare for convention and Rally last time?

unknown
06-17-2012, 02:18 PM

Seems to me like we (the supporters) and the delegates are going with the intention of just that, getting the nomination for RP.

This has to be the goal. Fight fight fight. Know the rules. Do whatever we can. Do everything we can.

coffeewithchess
06-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't see any of your YT videos, at least not that I know of, and I'm sorry if your account got closed. (Did you try appealing it with YouTube?)

Regarding the campaign though, do you really believe Ron Paul never had any intention of winning?

As for Ron Paul and his intentions of winning. No, he didn't want to be President...and said that. The difference is, if he was REALLY serious about meaning that, and not simply using his campaign to make sure friends/family got paychecks, he should have just kept Campaign for Liberty running, and he should never have run in the first place and wasted so much time/energy from the grassroots.

As for my YouTube account, I have appealed probably once a week now, and even contacted an outside "contact us" email I found, even though I don't know if it's going through.
You can see the forum I started on it back in early May:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374797-Two-Ron-Paul-YouTube-accounts-banned-within-a-week

unknown
06-17-2012, 05:20 PM
As for Ron Paul and his intentions of winning. No, he didn't want to be President...and said that.

Huh?

WhistlinDave
06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
As for Ron Paul and his intentions of winning. No, he didn't want to be President...and said that.

When did he say that? You must be misinterpreting something... Whatever it is that makes you think he said that, please provide a link to that. Because I am not aware he has ever said he didn't want to become President. You're misconstruing something. If you think he didn't want to, that's one thing, but please don't put words in Ron Paul's mouth. We already have the MSM for that and they're doing a great job without your help.

Paulistinian
06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Ron Paul didn't say he didn't want to be President, he said he doesn't go to sleep at night and dream of being President. He said he doesn't want to be President because its a powerful position, he was always the reluctant candidate and that's why we love him- that's why hed be such a good President.

parocks
06-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Remember, Ron's ad guy's wife is a Romney campaign staffer. There has been some very careful placement of staffers in the official campaign that have, in hindsight, influenced the official campaign's efforts in a negative direction.

This is noteworthy. The part about Ron's ad guy's wife. It is true that Romney is the one guy that we haven't attacked. And he's the guy who won. And we're still talking about fighting the Santorum people about the platform. Can't we work with the Santorum people on everything from platform to make sure people get to vote for Ron? We better be getting what we want from Romney if we don't work with Santorum's people.

parocks
06-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Seems to me like we (the supporters) and the delegates are going with the intention of just that, getting the nomination for RP.

This has to be the goal. Fight fight fight. Know the rules. Do whatever we can. Do everything we can.

We haven't been fighting to influence the platform. That hasn't been the reason. I've been reading news articles from our new delegates that completely downplay any intentions of fighting for the nomination. We should be fighting for the nomination. The Iowans should be voting to put Ron Paul's name in. It's good that delegates are talking in public of completely rational reasons for fighting hard to get to the convention. But those delegates better vote for Ron Paul in Tampa. Things are settling out ok. I will be pissed though if we don't get the vote. We should have that.

wgadget
06-17-2012, 07:53 PM
All I can say is if the GOP really wants to win, they'd better find someone with a backbone. That is, NOT Mitt Romney.

WhistlinDave
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
We haven't been fighting to influence the platform. That hasn't been the reason. I've been reading news articles from our new delegates that completely downplay any intentions of fighting for the nomination. We should be fighting for the nomination. The Iowans should be voting to put Ron Paul's name in. It's good that delegates are talking in public of completely rational reasons for fighting hard to get to the convention. But those delegates better vote for Ron Paul in Tampa. Things are settling out ok. I will be pissed though if we don't get the vote. We should have that.

I agree. But I think they use cherry-picked quotes. I think they probably talked to several delegates and Ron Paul supporters, and finally after asking about ten or twelve of them they finally found one who was willing to say "Yea, we're fighting to influence the party platform." They leave out all the ones who say "Romney doesn't have anything yet. We're going to Tampa to win!" It's all about manipulating public perception...

parocks
06-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I agree. But I think they use cherry-picked quotes. I think they probably talked to several delegates and Ron Paul supporters, and finally after asking about ten or twelve of them they finally found one who was willing to say "Yea, we're fighting to influence the party platform." They leave out all the ones who say "Romney doesn't have anything yet. We're going to Tampa to win!" It's all about manipulating public perception...

Cool, I'm not saying I know what to think of those quotes, just that we better have the vote if we have the states. We should have 3 states for sure. Maine, Minnesota, Iowa.