PDA

View Full Version : Your Grassroots Involvement

tbone717
06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Just curious as to the level of grassroots activism in the Liberty Movement by folks on here. So, if you can all shed some light on your personal grassroots activities this year on the things you have done so far, and will be doing between now and November.

You can choose more than one answer if applicable. My apologies if I neglected anything major.

DamianTV
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Tabling?

eleganz
06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
did all except for two but will start being active in local government and gop soon.

tbone717
06-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Tabling?

Tabling is when you set up a table at a local event like a county fair, carnival, etc for voter registration, promoting a candidate or a particular issue.

Victor Grey
06-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Bump

jolynna
06-17-2012, 09:08 PM
All except sign waving and running for political office.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-18-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm surprised I'm one of the most active groups from the above, and I consider myself as having not done as much as I'd like.

Carehn
06-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Tabling is when you set up a table at a local event like a county fair, carnival, etc for voter registration, promoting a candidate or a particular issue.

Dang then I should have voted for that one as well. The poll is flawed now!!

Victor Grey
06-18-2012, 03:04 AM
I hope more people consider tabling in the future. If there's a good way to get those yard signs out, tabling is it.

The more people you have working at one, the better. Let them stand around nearby just holding up a sign if anything, and enough to talk to every person that stops.
Whatever it takes to attract the crowd.

I don't know if it's some sort of crowd dynamics or something, but if one person slows down in front to talk you, it's more likely to have 4 more come around then as well.Good to have extra people available to shake those hands.

I see tabling kind of like... canvassing where they come to you. Plus with some of the benefits of display sign waving has tagged on to it.

Hey it must work for something, because there's always some fair or show or expo with people doing it and selling things.

Dang then I should have voted for that one as well. The poll is flawed now!!

I wouldn't sweat it, I attended a political meeting and didn't mark that box, either.

TruckinMike
06-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Where is the option for building / posting signs? That was a major undertaking for some of us. I don't think the "sign waving" option can be construed as an equivalent.