PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Massive Nuclear Secret Uncovered In Austin, Texas

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Breaking: Massive Nuclear Secret Uncovered In Austin, Texas

Infowars.com
June 15, 2012
The Infowars crew investigates a nuclear secret buried in Austin, Texas. A nuclear reactor started in the 60s is hidden beneath the monolith of the LBJ Library on the University of Texas campus, even as the nearby J.J. Pickle Research Center admittedly runs two research reactors. Meanwhile, nuclear waste is said to be dumped and sealed in limestone caves located in what was once the outskirts of Austin, according to an inside source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12nwAsX2i8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JzNf2_kQiLA

The Horn: UT’s nuclear reactor safe despite skepticism, says university professor
On UT’s Nuclear History: The University operates a 1.1 megawatt nuclear reactor at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus. The University’s first reactor went critical, at Taylor Hall on the main campus, in August 1963 at 10kW using fuel loaned from the U.S. Government. This reactor was upgraded to 250 kW in 1968. In the late 1980s, the University began work on the reactor for the Nuclear Engineering Teaching Lab at the Pickle Campus. This reactor went critical in 1992, despite local news reports on its safety.
UT Austin’s Nuclear and Radiation Engineering Program
History – A nuclear option at the University of Texas at Austin has been in existence for over forty years. The earliest known course was Nuclear Reactor Operation and Maintenance and was first offered in 1957. Nuclear Engineering became an option in Engineering Science in 1960 and in Mechanical Engineering in 1970, where it is currently administered. In August 1963, the TRIGA nuclear reactor went critical at 10kW using fuel loaned from the U.S. Government. In 1968, the power was upgraded to 250 kW and then upgraded again in 1992 to 1100 kW at a different site (NETL).
UT’s Nuclear Research Trains Graduates to Work for: the Los Alamos National Laboratory, the Sandia National Laboratory, the Office of Naval Research, the International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.S. Department of Energy, Lockheed Martin & More [PDF]

Wikipedia: J. J. Pickle Research Campus
Video of the nuclear reactor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mgNwtepP-6M

And nearby Texas A&M University has its own reactors: Texas A&M Nuclear Science Center - There are two nuclear research reactors that serve the Texas A&M University Nuclear Science Center. The older of the two is the AGN-201M model, a low-power teaching reactor. The newer reactor, the TRIGA Mark I, is focused strongly towards research.
California’s Historical Nuclear Meltdown Cover-up
Santa Susana Field Laboratory Meltdown Accident
A Nuclear Incident “Worse Than Three Mile Island”
Ruling Expected on LA Nuclear Cleanup
The Toxic Saga Behind Santa Susana Field Laboratory
Study finds contamination at Santa Susana Field Lab exceeds limits
Field of secrets: The Santa Susana Field Lab cleanup saga hits 20
Associated Press: Radioactive tritium leaks found at 48 of 65 US nuke sites
CBS News: Radioactive leaks found at 75% of US nuke sites

original article here:
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-massive-nuclear-secret-uncovered-in-austin-texas/

r3volution
06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Infowars
according to an inside source lol . spam . http://images.devshed.com/wh/stories/Notorious_Spammers/spam_king.jpg

ctiger2
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
lol . spam .

+1

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 04:07 PM
This is serious stuff. Perhaps someone not on my ignore list would like to comment?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
This is serious stuff. Perhaps someone not on my ignore list would like to comment?

I think Alex Jones can't wait until the day when he can finally divulge how he has been fooling everyone by working as an agent of misinformation for the CIA. I say this because he spouts chaos all up and down the political spectrum. He is neither here nor there. He is doing exactly what KGB agents in the old Societ Union once did back when that social communist state had a similar kind of a central party national press as the United States has today.

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Lol I guess not.

r3volution
06-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Alex Jones can't wait until the day when he can finally divulge how he has been fooling everyone by working as an agent of misinformation for the CIA. I say this because he spouts chaos all up and down the political spectrum. He is neither here nor there. He is doing exactly what KGB agents in the old Societ Union once did back when that social communist state had a similar kind of a central party national press as the United States has today.^ more truth here than there is national debt . ^

Revolution9
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Facts are facts and acts don't change facts after the fact.

That's a fact.

Rev9

mad cow
06-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I had no idea that there was such a thing as a 10KW nuclear reactor.
You can buy bigger gas generators for your house at Home Depot.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I think Alex Jones can't wait until the day when he can finally divulge how he has been fooling everyone by working as an agent of misinformation for the CIA. I say this because he spouts chaos all up and down the political spectrum. He is neither here nor there. He is doing exactly what KGB agents in the old Societ Union once did back when that social communist state had a similar kind of a central party national press as the United States has today.

I'm interested to hear more, without commenting on AJ in general or this article. Links would be helpful. thx.

ghengis86
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
How much fuel is required for 1100kW? A couple milligrams?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-15-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm interested to hear more, without commenting on AJ in general or this article. Links would be helpful. thx.

As I come across the links and the information I will post them.
In the meantime, isn't the argument he is making a liberal attack against the Nuclear industry? Isn't his show an attack against the liberal media accusing them of being biased a conservative one? That is all over the place. The one party press in the old Soviet Union should be general knowledge we all know. The United States is fast becoming a similar centralized government with a one party press as most large metropolitan areas now have been reduced to having only a single newspaper just as their local television stations have been bought out by national and global interests. At the same time, the internet has been threatening to put the "mainstream" press out of business. In order for them to survive, they have been utilizing lawyers to lobby Washington. So, figure they have been compromised as they are all on the Federal tit.
I don't want to write a novel about this theory, even though it would be interesting. Why is the CIA utilizing the likes of Alex Jones and George Noory (he was in Naval intelligence) as agents of disinformation? Well, they learned to do this by exit interviewing a lot of former KGB agents.
I stumbled across this theory while trying to listen to the Coast to Coast radio program one night. I asked myself, "Why does this show suck so much while people pretend to enjoy it?" The only conclusion I could come up with was that the program must have been reverse marketed into a popular one by the CIA.
One reverse markets a show into a popular one by producing evidence of a high quality product instead of having the actual high quality product itself. As female birds will naturally be attracted to those male birds with the longest tail feathers, they are also naturally attracted to the congregations of other female birds as they just might be gathered around looking upon a very attractive male.
In reverse marketing, one never needs the actual lengthy tail feathers as they utilize crowds of female birds instead.
So, in order for them to reverse market the Coast to Coast show as popular, they simulated the host as popular, produced commercials simulating popularity of the show, and then hired individuals to simulate a positive audience on occasion by having them call in with complements.
This is the perfect ruse! Figure the CIA itself can write lots of novels of misinformation while retiring their agents into a life of luxery by having them pose as the authors who wrote them?
And figure as George Noory is pretending to enjoy discussing every absurdity known to man, he is really broadcasting coded messages to agents worldwide by how he responds back to his goofy guests. This has all been carefully crafted. In the meantime, the rather dull fellow himself makes about five million a year extra on top of what he is getting paid by the CIA.
This would be the perfect topic to discuss on Coast to Coast.
Send in an inquirey through the Freedom of Information ACT to the Federal Government. I bet they substantiate this theory.

Zippyjuan
06-16-2012, 03:09 PM
There are several small nuclear research reactors around the country. http://www.trtr.org/Links/TRTR_February.html The University of Texas is licensed for 1.1 megawatts.

The University of Texas
www.me.utexas.edu

The Nuclear Engineering Teaching Laboratory (NETL) reactor is a Mark-II TRIGA® research reactor licensed for a power level of 1.1 Mw. The facility was dedicated in 1986 with the reactor first attaining criticality in 1992. The facility usage has increased gradually as more users become aware of the new facility. The NETL and the Nuclear Engineering Program are part of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Two facilities that make the NETL unique are the operational cold neutron source and the reactor-based slow positron beam currently under construction.

A grant from the Texas Advanced Technology Program provided the initial funding for the construction and testing of the cold neutron facility (TCNS). Low energy, or cold, neutrons exhibit wave characteristics that allow them to be "bent" or reflected by neutron guides to areas that have a lower radiation background.

This increases the sensitivity of in-beam analyses and provides a relatively intense source of low energy neutrons for physics experiments. Future proposed experiments include cold neutron collection and cold neutron localization. A Prompt Gamma Activation Analysis (PGAA) system was installed to take advantage of the TCNS and the low neutron background of the source. PGAA detects the gamma rays emitted when neutrons are absorbed in atomic nuclei. The technique is multi-elemental and non-destructive with high sensitivity. The technique is typically used for the detection of hydrogen and boron in metals and alloys.

A collaborative effort between the University of Texas at Arlington and the University of Texas at Austin and funded by the Texas Advanced Technology Program has resulted in one of the few intense, variable energy positron beam facilities in the world. The positrons are produced by the radioactive decay of Copper-64 previously irradiated in the NETL reactor and then moderated by slowing down in solid (frozen) Krypton. Theoretical intensities of 108 positrons per second are expected with a continuous energy range from 1 to 50 keV. The positron equipment was initially tested in Arlington, Texas and was transferred and installed at the NETL in 1999. The facility is currently in the final construction and testing phase. Plans for the facility include research in fundamental positron physics and the detection of defects and voids in silicon and advanced materials.

showpan
06-16-2012, 03:47 PM
that^^^^

pah pow

There sure are a lot of trolls here trying to shut down any info that is considered not so public.

angelatc
06-16-2012, 03:57 PM
that^^^^

pah pow

There sure are a lot of trolls here trying to shut down any info that is considered not so public.

The fact tht AJ just discovered it does not mean it wasn't public information.

John F Kennedy III
06-16-2012, 04:29 PM
The fact tht AJ just discovered it does not mean it wasn't public information.

It is all public as far as I know. Just nobody talks about it.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Just for scale: one megawatt would be enough power for about 600 homes. http://www.nwcouncil.org/history/megawatt.asp Fukushima had a maxiumum power of 7,456 megawatts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_Nuclear_Power_Plant

KingRobbStark
06-17-2012, 03:16 PM
With so many "insiders" you would think infowars would a lot more influential.

angelatc
06-17-2012, 03:44 PM
It is all public as far as I know. Just nobody talks about it.

Splitting hairs here, but the headline uses words like "massive secret." I suppose that's more exciting than "Not really talked about," but it's a little misleading. I suspect that if we were studying nuclear science at UT, we'd talk about it more.

idiom
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
There was speculation (ongoing) that there is a reactor beneath Auckland University.

That *would* actually be a scandal.

The U.S. on the other hand has a small reactor that is not well publicised? How is this news?

mad cow
06-17-2012, 04:35 PM
There are also research nuclear reactors at about 25 other Universities in America,where's my Pulitzer?

Just for scale:One megawatt would power 1.577 #11 Toyotas like Denny Hamlin is driving in Michigan today,or 5.47 '98 Dodge pickups like the one in my driveway.

idiom
06-17-2012, 04:48 PM
A "Massive" Nuclear secret would be testing on the far side of the moon, or powering chemtrail factories with teleporting reactors.

paulbot24
06-17-2012, 06:29 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Scitech/660/371/nuke_reactor_kodak.JPG
Eastman Kodak nuclear reactor in Rochester, New York ("required barely enough power for a night light")
For those of you that do not believe in the possibility of a well kept nuclear secret and the feasibility of a low-power reactor, here's a story you might want to look into. For thirty years, Eastman Kodak company not only operated a small nuclear reactor housed underground in Rochester's Eastman Business Park, but they also managed to enrich over three pounds of weapons-grade uranium. Why they needed over 90% "weapons grade" enrichment for their subatomic research is unclear. Here's the most interesting part, the device Kodak used (pictured above), "operated with barely enough power for a night light, while a typical power plant would operate at a level 85 million times greater." Fact is always stranger than fiction.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/14/kodak-nuclear-reactor_n_1515463.html
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-kodak-nuclear-reactor-20120514,0,5639531.story
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/14/kodak-facility-in-new-york-state-housed-underground-nuclear-reactor-report-says/

mad cow
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of "Well kept nuclear secret".
That one is also in Wikipedia,don't tell the Russians.