PDA

View Full Version : Democrats for Ron Paul

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
There is no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats other than rhetoric. The liberty movement should takeover both parties and then End The Fed.

Elwar
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Splitting between the two parties seems like it would make it harder to get the numbers. If we are a dedicated 10% of the nation and we split 5% between parties we have a long fight ahead of us.

I could have gone either way, I was in the Libertarian Party and never would have been able to join the Republican Party if not for Dr. Paul. But it needed to be done.

What needs to happen now is turning the Republican Party into what the Libertarian Party wanted.

To get one party fighting for liberty and the other party fighting for tyranny. We should encourage the neo-cons to join their brethren in the Democrat Party in the fight for big government. We should try to get the Democrats who believe their party represents small government to come join us.

This is the real fight. Anything else is just a fight for power.

ZENemy
06-15-2012, 09:57 AM
How can we do anything Ron Paul when we dont even know whats going on or where he is?

We get these little leaks "suure, Ron Paul doesnt agree wtih rand, dont worry, everything is ok"

Doesnt it feel ilke we are being made to WAIT? Wait, so we dont freak out, just yet?

WHERE IS RON PAUL?

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
It is a fight for power. The liberty movement must become more powerful than the powers-that-be in order to win our freedom.

If the neo-cons were in the Democratic Party, then I would agree with you. But they are in the Republican Party. Getting Democrats to vote Republican is futile. I stick to my guns here. Infiltrate both parties. The liberty movement is anti-war economy (like Democrats claim) and we are for freedom (like Democrats claim) and we are for honesty (like Republicans claim) and for smaller government (like Republicans claim).

ZENemy
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
It is a fight for power. The liberty movement must become more powerful than the powers-that-be in order to win our freedom.

If the neo-cons were in the Democratic Party, then I would agree with you. But they are in the Republican Party. Getting Democrats to vote Republican is futile. I stick to my guns here. Infiltrate both parties. The liberty movement is anti-war economy (like Democrats claim) and we are for freedom (like Democrats claim) and we are for honesty (like Republicans claim) and for smaller government (like Republicans claim).

I agree with you for sure. I am all for getting involved with or without RP and I am always spreading the message and trying to "awake" people. Im getting really frustrated with Ron Paul, I am not calling him a sell out, not saying he ditched us but this whole campain sure seems like they just kept kicking the can to make those who want freedom "wait" while those that want to oppress us get more and more power.

Elwar
06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
How can we do anything Ron Paul when we dont even know whats going on or where he is?

We get these little leaks "suure, Ron Paul doesnt agree wtih rand, dont worry, everything is ok"

Doesnt it feel ilke we are being made to WAIT? Wait, so we dont freak out, just yet?

WHERE IS RON PAUL?

This would be true if we were a movement based around a single person.

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
I agree with you for sure. I am all for getting involved with or without RP and I am always spreading the message and trying to "awake" people. Im getting really frustrated with Ron Paul, I am not calling him a sell out, not saying he ditched us but this whole campain sure seems like they just kept kicking the can to make those who want freedom "wait" while those that want to oppress us get more and more power.

The Blackout Money Bomb should have awakened you to the fact that Ron Paul was not going to win. Our president is picked by Bill O'Riley and friends. The opposition was willing to cheat, lie, steal, break fingers & hips, handcuff and arrest Ron Paul supporters to win the nomination. Those are the facts. Ron Paul's campaign did an excellent job awakening the world to liberty. Ron Paul did change the world. The seeds have been planted in good soil.

ZENemy
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
The Blackout Money Bomb should have awakened you to the fact that Ron Paul was not going to win. Our president is picked by Bill O'Riley and friends. The opposition was willing to cheat, lie, steal, break fingers & hips, handcuff and arrest Ron Paul supporters to win the nomination. Those are the facts. Ron Paul's campaign did an excellent job awakening the world to liberty. Ron Paul did change the world. The seeds have been planted in good soil.

Ive known RP would not win since the day they said "If he wins Iowa...we just take it out....go to the second place guy"

I just wanna know where he is!

Elwar
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Ive known RP would not win since the day they said "If he wins Iowa...we just take it out....go to the second place guy"

Texas or DC

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Texas or DC
Either that or taking his granddaughter/grandson on a fishing trip.

WhistlinDave
06-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Splitting up the effort into two parties at this point would be spreading it way too thin. Restore the Republican party to what it's supposed to be, and people will eventually go where they want to be, i.e. the party of Liberty or the party of Tyranny. I think a lot more Democrats will come over in the future if the Republican party truly embraces Liberty, and when I say "truly" I mean including individual civil liberties.

The problem right now with expecting more Democrats to come over is the element of the religious right in the Republican party and all the religion and "sex is bad" element that goes with that... This is front and center in many Democrats' minds. They see Republicans as all the same; they see them as evil people who want to control everyone's personal lives in conformance with cherry picked selections from the Bible. (And there are many Republicans who fit this description.)

I have many friends and family who told me they like a lot of what Ron Paul stands for, and they even agree he is much better than Obama on most issues, but they could never join me in registering Republican to support Ron Paul because "They're a bunch of religious wackos who want to control everyone's lives" (they meaning Republicans), or "Yea sure, Ron Paul wants everyone to have Liberty except when it comes to my own body/uterus/reproductive choices."

Even though I would try to enlighten them on Ron Paul's positions and show them he isn't against gays getting married, and he doesn't favor outlawing contraception or even the morning after pill, and abortion is the only issue, they just don't get it. Some of them refused to believe me and would clam up after I sent them YouTube videos proving I was right... Apparently complete freedom over one's uterus while you rot in a military prison indefinitely with no due process of law is very important to some people, and apparently some people simply cannot get past their prejudices when you have a big R after your name. (For now, at least...)

I suppose there will always be those, even in the Liberty movement, who think it should be OK to kill babies as long as they're not born yet... The challenge is to convince people (current Democrats who are mostly Liberty minded) that one issue should not trump all of the other issues that the Democrats are just plain wrong on. From what I've seen so far, good luck with that.

On the other hand there are many Democrats who, like me, were able to see the forest and the trees, and who do not think the ability to have an abortion is a God given right. So in the future many more current Dems will come over when Liberty really takes hold and WHEN IT BECOMES CLEAR THAT LIBERTY MEANS PERSONAL LIBERTY TOO and not just free markets.

Regardless of any of that, I definitely think trying to take over both parties right now would be spreading it too thin at a time when we need to keep growing and consolidating, not go backward toward floundering in the minority and on the margins.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM

That sure was an interesting hoop they started jumping through, though. These are the kinds of things that make people see the reality of the situation.

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Splitting up the effort into two parties at this point would be spreading it way too thin. Restore the Republican party to what it's supposed to be, and people will eventually go where they want to be, i.e. the party of Liberty or the party of Tyranny. I think a lot more Democrats will come over in the future if the Republican party truly embraces Liberty, and when I say "truly" I mean including individual civil liberties.

The problem right now with expecting more Democrats to come over is the element of the religious right in the Republican party and all the religion and "sex is bad" element that goes with that... This is front and center in many Democrats' minds. They see Republicans as all the same; they see them as evil people who want to control everyone's personal lives in conformance with cherry picked selections from the Bible. (And there are many Republicans who fit this description.)

I have many friends and family who told me they like a lot of what Ron Paul stands for, and they even agree he is much better than Obama on most issues, but they could never join me in registering Republican to support Ron Paul because "They're a bunch of religious wackos who want to control everyone's lives" (they meaning Republicans), or "Yea sure, Ron Paul wants everyone to have Liberty except when it comes to my own body/uterus/reproductive choices."

Even though I would try to enlighten them on Ron Paul's positions and show them he isn't against gays getting married, and he doesn't favor outlawing contraception or even the morning after pill, and abortion is the only issue, they just don't get it. Some of them refused to believe me and would clam up after I sent them YouTube videos proving I was right... Apparently complete freedom over one's uterus while you rot in a military prison indefinitely with no due process of law is very important to some people, and apparently some people simply cannot get past their prejudices when you have a big R after your name. (For now, at least...)

I suppose there will always be those, even in the Liberty movement, who think it should be OK to kill babies as long as they're not born yet... The challenge is to convince people (current Democrats who are mostly Liberty minded) that one issue should not trump all of the other issues that the Democrats are just plain wrong on. From what I've seen so far, good luck with that.

On the other hand there are many Democrats who, like me, were able to see the forest and the trees, and who do not think the ability to have an abortion is a God given right. So in the future many more current Dems will come over when Liberty really takes hold and WHEN IT BECOMES CLEAR THAT LIBERTY MEANS PERSONAL LIBERTY TOO and not just free markets.

Regardless of any of that, I definitely think trying to take over both parties right now would be spreading it too thin at a time when we need to keep growing and consolidating, not go backward toward floundering in the minority and on the margins.

Obviously, I disagree. I believe that by having classical liberals infiltrate both parties the liberty movement can win. The Republican Party is not the party of liberty. They started out as mass murdering (http://www.historyplace.com/civilwar/), counterfeiting (http://moneyfactory.gov/historytimeline.html), rulers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330008-Some-History&p=3742107&viewfull=1#post3742107). Right off they printed 'Greenbacks' to pay for the war and paid the counterfeiting paper lenders back in gold. Thank you President Grant. No Thanks.

Not until after President Roosevelt confiscated the people's gold, in 1933, did the Republicans even attempt to be the opposition. Republican Party Platform of 1936. (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29639#ixzz1hnH3gdcq) Too little ... too late. They were soundly defeated.
United States presidential election, 1936 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election%2C_1936)
The United States presidential election of 1936 was the most lopsided presidential election in the history of the United States in terms of electoral votes.

The Republicans are merely liars spreading love the Fed's war economy rhetoric just like the Democrats.

WhistlinDave
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Well I guess I don't know my history then... But I don't disagree with you, right now both parties are all about big government and endless wars. It's sickening that we have to choose between crap and sh*t if Romney gets the nomination. (Of course how to vote in that situation is another discussion entirely, and already covered in other threads.)

AGRP
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Parties don't matter. Run on the ticket that can win. Art Robinson's son ran on the Democrat ticket and got 10% of the vote (against a seasoned incumbent) in a traditionally Democrat area without campaigning.

Brian4Liberty
06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
There is no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats other than rhetoric. The liberty movement should takeover both parties and then End The Fed.

I fully support this effort! ;)

In Districts that always go Democrat, we need to run Democrats. In Districts that go Republican, we need to run Republican. In swing Districts, we need to run both!

alucard13mmfmj
06-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I was a democrat/independent... Just gotta dispell the racist stereotype that the GOP might be portrayed as. Since voting in california is over, I shall revert back to being independent =3... but i'll still vote for Ron in general.

WhistlinDave
06-15-2012, 01:40 PM

In Districts that always go Democrat, we need to run Democrats. In Districts that go Republican, we need to run Republican. In swing Districts, we need to run both!

Good point... Hadn't thought of that. Still not sure if that is a feasible strategy for primaries in states with closed primaries--if most Liberty folks are currently registered as Republicans--but definitely worth thinking about. I guess it might not matter in the long run since the goal is not only taking our government back but also awakening as many minds as possible. Accomplish #2, and #1 will happen eventually.

Travlyr
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Nice strategy! This and asking Congressional candidates to sign End The Fed affidavits in order to earn our vote. We could take our country back in a hurry.