PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul shows what he is made of

Southerner
06-15-2012, 01:54 AM
How a true Libertarian (and southern gentleman) deals with an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtO5INu-VY4

How a democrat deals with an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oqIP9yagkQ

CaptainAmerica
06-15-2012, 02:05 AM
hah. doesnt surprise me,hes really working hard to switch his base voters so he doesnt have to worry about these kind of questions anymore.

Feeding the Abscess
06-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Should have asked the last questions first and stuck with them if they wanted hard hitting questions, rather than asking Bilderburg BS.

CaptainAmerica
06-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Should have asked the last questions first and stuck with them if they wanted hard hitting questions, rather than asking Bilderburg BS. yeah, I really don't care about the bilderburg questions but the questions about the drone bill and mitt romney endorsement are valid questions.

Victor Grey
06-15-2012, 03:01 AM

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

"No."

. . .

"Yes. Proof obviously Builderburg."

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

*ignores*

. . .

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

"OOGAH-BOOGAHBOOGAH YEEEESSSSSSSEACH'CHO'BABIES!"

*faints*

Best.

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 04:01 AM
*Bilderberg

RickyJ
06-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Rand Paul shows what he is made of

Yeah, he sure does.

The gentleman and lady reporter handled that idiot very nicely. :D

LibertyEagle
06-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Ugh. He's gone on multiple interviews and answered the questions over and over again. By this time, I would imagine that everyone has either decided to believe him, or not. Why keep asking him the same questions and acting like he wouldn't answer?

LibertyEagle
06-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah, he sure does.

The gentleman and lady reporter handled that idiot very nicely. :D

Wow.

Sola_Fide
06-15-2012, 04:35 AM
This is so dumb.

green73
06-15-2012, 05:26 AM
It's hard to believe he is his father's son sometimes. Ron would never blow people off like that.

July
06-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Ugh, this is like something the MSM would do.

Kirdneh
06-15-2012, 06:30 AM
I just cannot support the Pauls anymore.

I understand that it's a bit offensive to do an 'interview' like that. But it would have been adequate if Rand had reacted like : 'Ok. Let's meet there and then and I'll answer your questions.' But to just ignore this guy and act like he didn't exist seems quite bad. By the way it just gets worse as this guy keeps following him and we're getting this scene for 5 minutes. Rand should know how the Liberty movement works the Internet and things like that will go viral fast.

Very sad!

Adrock
06-15-2012, 06:41 AM
At the beginning of the video he told the guy to set up an appointment. This guy sounds like a tool.

Aratus
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
stuttering john did impact an election when with howard stern's approval
he crashed jennifer flowers's press conference. in ambush journalism the
poor target is damned either way, for a quick quip has legs but silence is
deadening and like lead. this was not a press conference, it was a fishing
expedition that feels raw and amature video. mitt romney has even replied
to the "bilderburg sighting" story with a denial, a neutral answer from rand
would be that mitt has done a denial & he is either lying or truthful about it.

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Ugh. He's gone on multiple interviews and answered the questions over and over again. By this time, I would imagine that everyone has either decided to believe him, or not. Why keep asking him the same questions and acting like he wouldn't answer?

Good question.

TruthisTreason
06-15-2012, 12:41 PM

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

"No."

. . .

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

*ignores*

. . .

"Rand Paul...

Builderburg?"

"OOGAH-BOOGAHBOOGAH YEEEESSSSSSSEACH'CHO'BABIES!"

*faints*

Best.

Thread winner! Go Build-a-burger!

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 12:42 PM

I understand that it's a bit offensive to do an 'interview' like that. But it would have been adequate if Rand had reacted like : 'Ok. Let's meet there and then and I'll answer your questions.' But to just ignore this guy and act like he didn't exist seems quite bad. By the way it just gets worse as this guy keeps following him and we're getting this scene for 5 minutes. Rand should know how the Liberty movement works the Internet and things like that will go viral fast.

Very sad!

Joined in May. Hmmmm.

John F Kennedy III
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Thread winner! Go Build-a-burger!

Too bad they don't actually meet to build burgers.

Aratus
06-15-2012, 12:50 PM
mitt denied being at the thing someone thinks they spotted him at.
mitt has been asked this question directly. poor rand should repeat
mitt's denial and then toss it back to the questioner if mitt has lied
to people or not. we know rand was not at that conference. this is
a given and a total honest factoid. mitt's travels are mitt's travels.

TheGrinch
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Too bad they don't actually meet to build burgers.

They do. They crap out McDonalds pretty much everywhere they go. Go globalism!!

LibertyEagle
06-15-2012, 01:01 PM

Very sad!

His aide told him that Rand had just gotten out of a meeting and she was trying to brief him. Apparently, before his next meeting. So, Rand asked Luke to call his office, make an appointment and that they would talk about it then.

But, Luke kept on going.

Why on earth would you be mad at Rand about that?

NoOneButPaul
06-15-2012, 01:06 PM
1) This was garbage, he's answered all these questions before so what else was he going to say? "Oh the people want answers" The people already got answers to these questions THESE people just want to keep asking them until they get a different answer. He said call the office anyway at the start...

2) Rand's response to the entire thing was just as garbage, you can tell he's sick of being asked about it but HELLO what the fuck else did you expect Rand? A simple 30 second soundbite would have stopped the guy from following you for 5min.

I understand his argument... if I do it for him I gotta do it for everyone and then I can't get anywhere... but GODDAMN it's not hard to give a simple answer. Especially one you've already given...

Crotale
06-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Actually, I've watched most of Rand's interviews and I can recall the interviewer asking those questions. Could you please point me in the direction of an interview where Rand answers the same questions asked in that video.

Libertea Party
06-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Very sad!

The "interviewers" were less genuine than the Daily Caller people that were "just asking questions" to Alex Jones. How come no one applies the same standard to Alex Jones' treatment of The Daily Caller? http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/01/bilderberg-bonanza-alex-jones-dances-around-thedcs-questions-video/

silverhandorder
06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Actually, I've watched most of Rand's interviews and I can recall the interviewer asking those questions. Could you please point me in the direction of an interview where Rand answers the same questions asked in that video.

The only question Luke asked was why Rand endorsed Romney. The whole build a burger crap that he was spouting is irrelevant.

These people are their worst enemy.

Aratus
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
simple answer... 2016 looms

RP Supporter
06-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Well if you want to make sure Rand does decide to screw it and "sell out", being overly belligerent towards him is a great way to accomplish that.

Southerner
06-15-2012, 04:21 PM
as someone said in the other thread that contains this video...

"say what you want but this is real journalism, you won't see this on fox, cnn, msnbc, abc. It's really painful to watch Rand dodge this interview."

This is NOT "real journalism", it is what they called it, a "confrontation". Ambush interviews are not journalism. Kids with cameras are NOT journalists. Its one thing to approach an elected official and politely ASK them if they could spare a minute from their INCREDIBLY busy schedules to answer a couple of questions for your little corner of the web hobby, its another to act like you are Walter Friigin Conkrite, and AMERICA will be LIVID if they don't stop whatever they are doing and submit to your verbal hijinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEoCzfhF-lw

ProIndividual
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Last I checked, libertarians generally believe anyone with a cell phone camera and something to document worth recording is a journalist. Hence recording cops on the job is protected by the first Amendment like all other forms of journalism. I think it's largely the statist position that such cell phone journalists are not be given these same protections because they don't have a journalism degree and haven't properly swung from the balls of the right politicians yet.

What these guys did was journalism, albeit the early questions were conspiratorial goofball questions. The latter questions were better and more important.

Rudeman
06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
He told him at the beginning he was busy yet the guy kept pestering him. That is not real journalism especially at the end when they get all excited over nothing. Rand is not ducking the media, he's done several interviews with several Paul friendlies.

And yes he could have answered a question but then the guy would have asked another and another so ignoring him seemed like the best way to go when he had other things to do.

Southerner
06-15-2012, 05:21 PM
What these guys did was HARASSMENT!!! If they had stood back 10 feet and filmed the 6 minute walk, they would have been within their rights, as is any citizen filming the police.

rich34
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
I find this disturbing, really not sure when will be the next time I donate to a political candidate...

jj-
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Rand Paul is made of good manners?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-15-2012, 06:07 PM
It's hard to believe he is his father's son sometimes. Ron would never blow people off like that.

How about when Ron Paul blew off that reporter in Iowa:

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2011/12/29/dont-bother-ron-paul-while-he-eats-breakfast/

Asked if he‘s concerned that if he doesn’t win his followers will not rally behind the GOP nominee, he looks up from his plate of cantaloupe, honeydew, eggs, sausage and biscuit and says brusquely, “Right now, the only thing that bothers me is people who don‘t respect my privacy enough to leave me alone for five minutes when I’m eating breakfast.” And then he goes back to reading his USA Today.

Or how about when Paul stormed out of that CNN interview: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/12/21/ron-paul-storms-out-of-cnn-interview.html Or the multiple blow-offs of interview requests from O'Reilly?

Rand Paul reacted the way most people would when they have a camera shoved into their face unwillingly: ignore it.

Libertea Party
06-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Rand Paul reacted the way most people would when they have a camera shoved into their face unwillingly: ignore it.

Or chew (@3:57)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBDk_1diV4#!

DerailingDaTrain
06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Someone should investigate Luke stealing WAC donations for his college tuition

BlackTerrel
06-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Very sad!

Just joined and now "can't support the Paul's anymore".

Yeah I'm sure dude.

Southerner
06-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks RPFIG!

http://decoded.nationaljournal.com/2011/12/ron-pauls-lonely-breakfast-of.php

AWESOME!

ETA: "Or the multiple blow-offs of interview requests from O'Reilly?" The most watched "cable news show, 12 years running" (Somebody get me a sick bag)

William R
06-15-2012, 07:12 PM

That's a big problem with Ron. He doesn't blow idiots like that off. The very fact that Ron goes on the Alex Jones show shows he was never really serious about winning the GOP nomination.

Libertea Party
06-15-2012, 07:14 PM

In other words Liberty Defender Rand Paul has 99 problems...

Bid to cut off US aid to Pakistan blocked by Harry Reid (http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/4fdb7ceab1e35d0936000001/bid-to-cut-off-us-aid-to-pakistan-blocked-by-harry-reid)

"Rand Paul takes on the Pentagon" (http://www.salon.com/2012/06/14/rand_paul_stop_the_drones/singleton)

"Rand Paul files bills that take aim at TSA" (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77475.html)

Sen. Rand Paul joins Oregon Sen. Wyden's push for legal hemp (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/11/2843451/sen-rand-paul-joins-oregon-sen.html)

but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwoM5fLITfk

Brett85
06-15-2012, 07:35 PM
What an unabashed idiot that "reporter" was.

Brett85
06-15-2012, 07:39 PM
That's a big problem with Ron. He doesn't blow idiots like that off. The very fact that Ron goes on the Alex Jones show shows he was never really serious about winning the GOP nomination.

Yep. Rand has it figured out.

Feeding the Abscess
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Rand's been on Alex Jones as recently as a couple months ago, if I recall correctly.

Aratus
06-15-2012, 11:01 PM
lets run alex jones for potus especially if we must litmus test all the major contenders

Tod
06-16-2012, 12:16 AM

Actually, there is a similar video where someone is asking Ron some dumb questions about his health insurance and retirement arrangement while walking outside and when Ron heard enough of what the guy was saying he pretty much just blew the guy off just like Rand did in the above video. What else can you do when someone is just playing "gotcha"? Wish I could find it.

Feeding the Abscess
06-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Actually, there is a similar video where someone is asking Ron some dumb questions about his health insurance and retirement arrangement while walking outside and when Ron heard enough of what the guy was saying he pretty much just blew the guy off just like Rand did in the above video. What else can you do when someone is just playing "gotcha"? Wish I could find it.

From what I remember from that video, Ron answered the question.