PDA

View Full Version : Operation Ron Paul Swarm Launched! Sign up ASAP!

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM

Basically we are all going to flood media outlets one by one with interview/story requests. This will practically guarantee media coverage for Ron Paul.

Emails alerts will start Monday November 19th. Please subscribe right away. Please tell other Ron Paul supporters about this project.

Sample email:

Monday November 11, 2007

Today's target is the Late Late Show on CBS.
Please send a message to the show using the contact form here:
http://www.anonymz.com/?http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/email/

template to play with:
"Dear Craig, I have a guest suggestion for you....so please formally invite Ron Paul to come on your show..."

Remember to keep it short (2 paragraph or less).

Please be polite and civil as always. Thank you.

RPinSEAZ
11-16-2007, 04:34 PM
All this will do is annoy people.

Lord Xar
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
where do you "sign" up?

Highmesa
11-16-2007, 04:37 PM

I agree. This is actually a pretty stupid idea that will do more harm than good.

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Most shows ask for your feedback and they even have "Guest suggestion" as a choice on their feedback forms.

Without name recognition Ron Paul has NO chance of winning.

Like or it not he needs to be on TV/radio more.

brianbb98
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I think it'll just bother them. No need for it. Youtube and Tea Party is all we need right now. Maybe spend the time talking to people about Dr Paul for the time you would be spamming the news corporations? I think one on one conversation will go a lot further than 10928201812 emails....

RPinSEAZ
11-16-2007, 04:43 PM
It's not going to happen because we pester them. They know we're organized so any mass requests will further cement that belief. In fact this may cause us to lose coverage because they'll think that every request is an organized campaign by us and they'll ignore requests from "real" people.

Energy
11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Zero-star post. Sorry buddy :)
It's ok if you submit your own request but not a swarm.

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 04:55 PM
How do you think he got an the Michael Smerconish show?
All week we flooded his site with emails. He wasn't even aware that Ron Paul was coming to Philly.

Lets see he is polling about 5%. No way he will win. Get serious. If your gonna sit your fat ass on the computer all day at least do something that could result in something big.

Oh no a good use of time is speculating on donations and ranting about hit pieces to each other. Yeah really productive....:rolleyes:

Everyone I talk has no idea that Ron Paul even exists.

Delegates is a priority but so is name recognition.

No your right I'm sure we can win the election with youtube videos.....

Highmesa
11-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Most shows ask for your feedback and they even have "Guest suggestion" as a choice on their feedback forms.

Without name recognition Ron Paul has NO chance of winning.

Like or it not he needs to be on TV/radio more.

I agree. I want him on TV more, but this will not do it.

Flooding them with 3,000 contrived emails is just going to piss them off and insure Dr. Paul is never a guest on their show. Half of them are already pissed at us for flooding their inboxes.

Things like this is where the term Paultards comes from. Like an obnoxious 6 y/o in the back seat saying "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet..."

Spontaneous support = good
Canned bulk spam email = bad

You'd be better off sending one email a day, preferably from a different person each day, and not with the same wording.

jake
11-16-2007, 04:57 PM
gotta agree with newmedia4ron here - how can you possibly say trying to get Ron Paul on the airwaves is a bad thing? it might annoy someone? please.

jake
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I believe that no template should be provided, and the e-mails should be sent out over a 2 week period or something to prevent the "canned spam" bulk email barrage

Rezand
11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm confused by the responses. Why would we NOT want to encourage shows we like to invite Ron Paul?

Maybe the swam word is wrong? Or something? I say invite him if you'd like to see him on the show. Don't invite him if you don't.

Agencies have been admitting that they see upspikes when they mention Ron Paul. Why wouldn't this also be in their interest if lots of people genuinely want him on there?

Please elaborate why you guys are against this? Is there something shady here that I'm not seeing?

Rezand

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
How is it spam if they are genuine requests by real people with no commercial interest?

Lets see deadlines to register are closing all around the country.... NOW!
and your worried thats some outlets might take it the wrong way. Most outlets (especially regional radio stations) will be like "wow this guy is a hot lets have him on the show to boost our ratings".

kill the banks
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
11th commandment .... do not spam

[ if it's from your own heart and soul email a personal message ]

kill the banks

ursamajor
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
it is not a 'stupid' idea, but I think that the best thing we can do right now is to become delegates (both officially and unofficially).

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I will provide no template. Thats a good point.

Its not spam!

They will not be identical messages.
No commercial interests.
Shows have "Feedback" pages for a reason, they want "input" from viewers/listeners

I'm still waiting for a valid reason to not to do this:cool:

JOIN OR DIE

max
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

who gives a rat's ass if media people get annoyed?

squeaky wheels get the grease!

American
11-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Keep on doing what we have been doing, its been proceeding with progress to change it now makes no sense. You dont fix something that isnt boken.

I like the idea.....;)

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
who gives a rat's ass if media people get annoyed?

squeaky wheels get the grease!

I agree.

I can just see the media people now:
"All these people are politely requesting that we have Ron Paul on our show (who I didn't know anything about) using our Guest suggestion contact form! How dare they!"

TooConservative
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
An orchestrated flood will get dumped in bulk.

A smaller steady stream would be more effective. Maybe sign up folks to send mails on the day of their birth each month, asking them for more coverage on Ron Paul and extended interviews with him so you can make up your mind who to vote for.

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 05:29 PM
You'd be better off sending one email a day, preferably from a different person each day, and not with the same wording.

Yeah right. Most radio shows will just see Ron Paul in one email not recognize his name and skip to the next email.

But a lot of emails about Ron Paul will get their attention.

Do we really think we can win with very little media appearances? Are we really that naive?

You may call naive because I think this would actually work but its one minute out of your daily routine. Its worth a try.

Low Risk - High Reward

another sample email:

Thurdsay September 13, 2007

Ron Paul will be on the Jim Gearhart Radio Show today (101.5 FM - listen to the stream online at nj1015.com).

So today we are all going to call in to the show and ask softball questions for Ron Paul.

6am-10am EST
Call in number:1-800-283-1015

Don't tell the call screeners you are a Ron Paul supporter but that you really have an important question. Bring up taxes. Both Ron Paul and Jim Gearhart hate them.

Being polite and being prepared helps.

Tips:
How to call in to a talk radio show
http://mediamatters.org/items/200509220006

Pitching Ron Paul 101
http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/

Good luck. Please be polite and civil as always. Thank you.

And once again its not spam, see earlier post.

Lois
11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I read that Ron Paul just had 40 interviews in one week, and the campaign has to turn people away because everyone wants him, plus he has a job to do at the House, so this doesn't make sense. Just let nature take it's course -- it'll all turn out the way it's supposed to.

Rezand
11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
My definitions (reasonable, I think):

spam = 1-to-many
community support = many-to-1
rabid community support = many-to-many (but never 1-to-many)

Rezand

Rezand
11-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I read that Ron Paul just had 40 interviews in one week, and the campaign has to turn people away because everyone wants him, plus he has a job to do at the House, so this doesn't make sense. Just let nature take it's course -- it'll all turn out the way it's supposed to.

This means I should stop offering support and sending in donations?

I'd like to keep doing that, please. ;)

-Rezand

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM

Yeah....most of these requests come from Ron Paul supporters who want an interview for their blog/podcast (where their small audience is already RP supporters).

Believe me Ron Paul would not turn down Regis & Kelly or local television and radio who have large audiences.

still waiting.....
I might as well quit if Youtube is as far as Ron Paul supporters are willing to go (not most but the ones that stay online seem useless)

Carole
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I am brand new here so please bear with me.

I believe if the Tea Party is a huge success, Dr. Paul will get a whole lot of attention, just as he did after the first Money Bomb. Here is what I was saying to someone during a donations discussion:

If we have a huge day again, it is going to bother a lot of people in several campaigns. They even now are probably scrambling to figure out how they can take advantage of the internet the same way. The difference is this: They would have to have a very strong and committed group of followers like Ron Paul, and I personally suspect their followers online will not match up to what Ron Paul's army is, at least not with their purses.

Thirty-seven thousand people in a day is phenomenal! Dr. Paul has a very committed following who <<<strongly>>> believe in his message. I believe all the other candidates are less magnetic than he is and frankly boring. Dr. Paul makes news. When Paul speaks everyone listens, because he creates excitement-good and bad, naturally, but the media is starving for big news and it is not coming from their candidates. They are all bogged down in petty bickering and petty issues. None of them is talking about the big ticket items with any huge conviction. And the dumbed-down media thinks it is asking tough questions, but when have you heard any media ask about the Federal Reserve or eliminating any government. It is just the same old boring questions is it not? There is such a thing as too much publicity. I believe most of the other candidates are already over-marketed and many viewers are not really hearing or listening that much. Unfortunately for the media, they are forced daily to try to make news where there is no news, but they have to force the news anyway. See what I'm saying? Dr. Paul will be fine if he is not constantly on the air, but still gets enough air time that causes Americans to take notice. At least for now. So maybe Dr. Paul is better off for now dropping these money bombs just in time to stir thing s up. Then around primary time we blitz!!! We hit them with the SDI money bomb. Just wait- it could happen that way. LOL

If we drop a bomb in December at the Tea Party, the media will go crazy!!! First of all they are dumbfounded by the concept of grassroots efforts achieving such a goal. And all of them cannot quite understand it because they are in that old-fashioned mentality of the the same two parties offering the same old solutions. Frankly, I think the media loves having something big to report. They are already bored with their own candidates. <smile> People who watch the usual network and cable news are bored, too. They will be intrigued by a sudden big election news item. And the media, some grudgingly, will have to report such big news, as they once again try to figure out the puzzle of how are we doing it. LOL

So really it could be a blessing in disguise for the present. Let's not antagonize the voters with over-saturation. When we have an event--the bombs, Tea Party, etc., it will make huge news-worth millions in air time. This might be a better way to think of it for the present. Most Americans are not ready to be blitzed for hours every day by and about candidates. It is tiresome. Really, I honestly believe the recognition will come with the donation blitzes and Dr. Paul can take advantage of those opportunites. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing with all this air exposure. It often has made me very negative about candidates.

Just my thoughts.

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
bump

newmedia4ron
11-16-2007, 06:18 PM
If we drop a bomb in December at the Tea Party, the media will go crazy!!!
I agree 100% with that statement.

However Registration deadlines to register Rep. are closing NOW.
Maryland closes on the 19th! Virginia on the 30th!
http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

You and I both know a lot of supporters are young or have been out of politics and some are not registered. We get a lot of antiwar democrats who don't know that Ron Paul is against the war who need to change affiliation.

We can't wait until December 16th for media exposure.

Let's not antagonize the voters with over-saturation.
Over-saturation are kidding most people do not know that Ron Paul even exists! I'd rather have them over-exposed than under-exposed to Ron Paul.

Am I crazy? Please comment, maybe I am I want to know....

newmedia4ron
11-17-2007, 02:21 AM
join or die as they say.

Wyurm
11-17-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm confused by the responses. Why would we NOT want to encourage shows we like to invite Ron Paul?

Maybe the swam word is wrong? Or something? I say invite him if you'd like to see him on the show. Don't invite him if you don't.

Agencies have been admitting that they see upspikes when they mention Ron Paul. Why wouldn't this also be in their interest if lots of people genuinely want him on there?

Please elaborate why you guys are against this? Is there something shady here that I'm not seeing?

Rezand

Its simple. This forum is awsome, but not perfect. Often good ideas are promoted and given life, while bad ideas are shot down and discarded. However, I've noted that over time the shooting down tends to grow while the life-giving falls behind. What I suggest is this: the site already exists, so just go with it, advertise on other boards. Ignore non-constructive criticism (name-calling, calling an idea stupid, etc...). Pay attention to constructive criticism (ideas about how to improve, how to target better, or actuall proof that your idea could cause harm). Be open to new ideas, don't get down because of the naysayers.

Are the naysayers wrong? Maybe, but not necessarilly, if they are right, the idea simply wont work. If they are wrong it will just like Nov. 5th did. The grassroots is open-source, so the best way to work it is to put your idea out there and get it started, then allow others to participate in improving it. If there is little to no participation, then it will be discarded in favor of more effective methods to reach the goal.

James R
11-17-2007, 02:55 AM

Basically we are all going to flood media outlets one by one with interview/story requests. This will practically guarantee media coverage for Ron Paul.

Emails alerts will start Monday November 19th. Please subscribe right away. Please tell other Ron Paul supporters about this project.

Sample email:

Just what we need. Drown out all the real Ron Paul news tips with email begging for free publicity. If this actually were about giving real news tips then it would make sense. It does not appear to be about real news tips.

newmedia4ron
11-17-2007, 03:08 AM
Just what we need. Drown out all the real Ron Paul news tips with email begging for free publicity. If this actually were about giving real news tips then it would make sense. It does not appear to be about real news tips.

yeah I'm sure news tips are overwhelming them as we speak:rolleyes:
"extra! extra! Ron Paul is polling at 5%" they don't even tell you this.
And don't bring up online articles. Nobody knows who Ron Paul is. If he's not TV and radio he doesn't exist and therefore has no chance of winning whatsoever.

We're contacting their feedback forms and their call-in lines. The ones that average people are supposed to use.

Their "real" contact information is private. Its not like we're flooding Wolf Blitzer's iphone.

I would rather beg that takes one minute of my time than having Ron Paul lose and knowing I did nothing to get him on the media.

noztnac
11-17-2007, 03:15 AM
I think it is a good idea. We should try David Letterman. He supported Ron Paul's 1988 presidential bid.

Just Come Home
11-17-2007, 03:57 AM

I work in PR. This is a sound strategy.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers in this thread. They don't have a clue of what they're talking about.

newmedia4ron
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I work in PR. This is a sound strategy.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers in this thread. They don't have a clue of what they're talking about.

please people I'm asking for 1 email a day here. There is no way this could possibly hurt the campaign.

Dan Hall
11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I think it'll just bother them. No need for it. Youtube and Tea Party is all we need right now. Maybe spend the time talking to people about Dr Paul for the time you would be spamming the news corporations? I think one on one conversation will go a lot further than 10928201812 emails....Ah yes I agree 100% sir! Picture this however...

Picture a growing NETWORK of us simply each obtaining a DOMAIN NAME of:

RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-OurName

We can have:

RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-YourName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwort-MyName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HisName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HerName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-MyFriendsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-YourFriendsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HisFriendsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HerFriendsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-MySonsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-YourSonsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HisSonsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HerSonsName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-MyDaughtersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-YourDaughtersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HisDaughtersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HerDaughtersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-MyFathersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-YourFathersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HisFathersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-HerFathersName
RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-MyOtherFriendsName...

and on, and on, and on, and on, and on...

Each of us obtaining a DOMAIN NAME of our own in the MATRIX fashion I explain in my signature, each of us inviting a few people close to us to do the same, they in turn doing the same and so on, and so on, and so on...

THEN, we hook up with Web-Designer type RP supporters and they populate the content of our WebSites with all sorts of wonderful text, graphics, pictures, audio and video that we each can create with the tools at our disposal today, (word processors, graphics sites, digital cameras, digital recorders, digital video cameras) show what we're individually doing in and around town ONLINE on OUR OWN --- WebSites.

It's all at our fingertips. Affordable to the vast majority of us. Turns a profit.

Turns an ongoing, monthly, residual, growing income as we each do a little.

A profit we can then turn toward the campaign.

Please investigate what I'm portraying here. It's all straight-forward good business.

Thurston Howell III
11-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Nothing, absolutely nothing, gets tv time like the money bomb, so how much air time is being lost because only one is scheduled between Nov 5 and the first primary in Jan.? What's more important, recognition for the grass roots or for Ron Paul?

newmedia4ron
11-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Registration deadlines to register Rep. are closing NOW.
Maryland closes on the 19th! Virginia on the 30th!
http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

You and I both know a lot of supporters are young or have been out of politics and some are not registered. We get a lot of antiwar democrats who don't know that Ron Paul is against the war who need to change affiliation.

We can't wait until December 16th for media exposure.

Chester Copperpot
11-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Sample email:

I have to interject here for a moment. I agree with the majority that this is NOT a good idea for the media.. They already know we exist and the ones that hate Ron Paul will just use this as another excuse NOT to have him on..

BUT

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO OUR CONGRESSMEN. WE NEED TO SWARM CONGRESS WITH PHONE CALLS TO PASS HR 2755.. (RON PAULS BILL FOR THE REPEAL OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE) FOR EXAMPLE..

FOR EVERY PHONE CALL A CONGRESSMAN RECEIVES ON A TOPIC THEY EQUATE IT WITH 10,000 PEOPLE THINKING THE SAME WAY.

IMAGINE IF EVERY CONGRESSMAN GOT AT LEAST ONE PHONE CALL ON THE SAME DAY ABOUT THE FEDERAL RESERVE???

EITHER THEY GET IN LINE TO GET RID OF THE FED OR THE PEOPLE WILL GET IN LINE TO VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE..

WHO HERE AGREES?

thomj76
11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I believe that no template should be provided, and the e-mails should be sent out over a 2 week period or something to prevent the "canned spam" bulk email barrage

It should be personalized emails if this is used, in my opinion...

mport1
11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm in. Great idea.

newmedia4ron
11-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Lets get at least 100 people to do this. I'm not asking for money.

1 email everyday for Ron Paul.

Mark
11-22-2007, 06:59 AM
What ever happened with this good idea?