PDA

View Full Version : What "should" be the final USA today ad

syborius
11-16-2007, 04:20 PM
http://kelsonmedia.com/ronpaul/newlayout.jpg

Hope others run this version in other papers.

Ron Paul for president prominent
Ron Paul image prominent
Removes tombstone effect
Follows a logical order
etc, etc, etc.

This is a vast improvement over the other ad.

"dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

DjLoTi
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I suppose you want everyone to agree with you so you can feel intellectually superior? Let it go man

syborius
11-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I suppose you want everyone to agree with you so you can feel intellectually superior? Let it go man

wrong A-hole. I want my candidate to win.

Look at giulianis recent TV Spot. That's what we should strive for if we want to win.

castor
11-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Thats a much better version of the current ad imo. Good work man!

jake
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
wrong A-hole. I want my candidate to win.

your attitude is unacceptable here.

hawkeyenick
this is a superior version, it allows us to see who it's actually for

DjLoTi
You're saying we should aim for a Giuliani-esk ad? My main question is, the ad is done, so what now? What's the point of saying ' wow the ad sucks and this is way better ' ?

Why not just take it to the next ad push, why try and poo-poo the recent ad?

Original_Intent
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Hate to rain on any parade but I like the one that is running better. I think it will draw in non-RP supporters better.

This version above blares out "Political Ad!" and I think does not pull people in like the version that is running.

To each his own though.

Would Giuliani run a TV ad saying "I'm tellin' ya!..."

No.

UtahApocalypse
11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh wow can we get that as a .pdf and large .jpg to print as flyer's?? that is PERFECT finally!!

Ron Paul Fan
11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
The final ad should be what llepard decides. Unless you're willing to donate the large wad of cash that he did towards the project. He asked for help on deciding what to do and he got it. If he decides differently from you than that's his prerogative is it not? It's his money. Yours is a good ad too so you should start some chip ins or something to run it in some newspapers!

syborius
11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
You're saying we should aim for a Giuliani-esk ad? My main question is, the ad is done, so what now? What's the point of saying ' wow the ad sucks and this is way better ' ?

Why not just take it to the next ad push, why try and poo-poo the recent ad?

No, I mean quality, overall quality, and the will to to make the best product. I did let it go. People should pick up this ad though for other papers, and not run the other. Because this is a much better ad, and doesn't violate basic fundamental advertising principles.
Sorry for calling you an A-hole.

DrNoZone
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Imho, this is the better of the two ads. It's much more clear and concise. But you know what? I'll take either of 'em!

syborius
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
The final ad should be what llepard decides. Unless you're willing to donate the large wad of cash that he did towards the project. He asked for help on deciding what to do and he got it. If he decides differently from you than that's his prerogative is it not? It's his money. Yours is a good ad too so you should start some chip ins or something to run it in some newspapers!

It's not my ad, someone else made this, and the thread disappeared.

I will get you the name in PM

Energy
11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah get the name. We need to gather these up for those who want to advertise in local papers.

brianbb98
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
The ad is done and will run as is on Wednesday. As soon as someone else comes up with $150,000 to spend on another ad then we can talk about what to do with it. Until then, a waste of time without a doner.

syborius
11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
If anyone wants to run this Ad in a local paper, or for flyers please contact
Ninja Homer. He is the creator, he should have a full size template.

coboman
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I like the distribution better, but having "Ron Paul for President" both as the header, and at the bottom is redundant and seems amateur.

I liked the "Open letter ..." header better. (say that five times)

agisthos
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
If you speak to any sales copywriter (people who design adds for newspapers and magazines) they will tell you this add will be far more effective than the other ones.

It's layout is far superior. The other adds seem to have been designed for a large poster to hang on a wall. This is a much different design layout philosophy than for a magazine/newspaper.

UtahApocalypse
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree with the "Open Letter..." part being good. I do like this layout much better. One of the best things is the enlarged RP picture.... getting people to know who Ron Paul is 90% of our battle.

Spirit of '76
11-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Hate to rain on any parade but I like the one that is running better. I think it will draw in non-RP supporters better.

This version above blares out "Political Ad!" and I think does not pull people in like the version that is running.

I agree.

dircha
11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I believe the alternate version is superior. Our number one hurdle to overcome is name recognition. It's important that his name and picture figure prominently.

But what's done is done.

We should be very grateful to the organizer and all who have donated to make the ad that is running possible.

wisconsinite
11-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I like the distribution better, but having "Ron Paul for President" both as the header, and at the bottom is redundant and seems amateur.

I liked the "Open letter ..." header better. (say that five times)

I liked the "Open letter ..." header better
I liked the "Open letter ..." header better:D

In all seriousness, I do like the "Open letter..." better. And I don't like the placement of the founders in this ad. You could argue that it is just as much "tombstone" shaped as the original one. The original had better spacing at the top.

That said, one thing I like is the larger image of Dr. Paul. The information in a single collumn on the right looks a little cleaner, but maybe takes away from the central message, the "open letter".