PDA

View Full Version : I Remember What Ron Told Me

Revolution9
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I have been absorbing the mish mash of opinions around here and have tried to come to a conclusion what I really think. In that I have a few signposts that keep popping up. I have seen Ron speak twice in person and innumerable youtube videos and webstreams etc.. What he said I can understand because I have been somewhat the same way for decades. He told me he doesn't want to run my life. He doesn't want to run the economy. He is not in it for the power of The Presidency. He wants me to be free and enjoy my liberty. Well..good. I don't want anyone running my life. I don't think anybody is smart enough to run the economy. The Presidency is and will remain a bully pulpit. He said that the oath is to The Constitution and not to any man.

So..if the best he would have gotten is the bully pulpit, where he would have to "run the economy" and "run Americans lives" and he does not in his heart of hearts believe he should be doing that then who I am to begrudge him when I have turned my back on many cliques that formed around me and never acknowledged them again. If I despise power tripping poseurs then why would i want to be one? I don't. Ron will be heard from quite a bit in the next four years, POTUS or not. His son will carry on his work that was unfinished and others will join his side. To my internal vision RP has always represented a force of nature, a cosmic clown who arrived when the world turned upside down to remind us what right side up is supposed to look like. The time to hold to your ground is now. If you slip from your center the momentum will spin you right off the closer you get to the edge. That is where the enemy of your freedom wants you. Freedom is a concept that is in the mind. You cannot point to a freedom object..it is a concept. Many of you act like they can steal your mindset and go about occupying the real estate betwixt yer ears.

This was NEVER all about Ron. It was all about YOU.

Rev9

jj-
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
whoa! understandable Rev9!

Philosophy_of_Politics
06-13-2012, 05:10 PM
I have been absorbing the mish mash of opinions around here and have tried to come to a conclusion what I really think. In that I have a few signposts that keep popping up. I have seen Ron speak twice in person and innumerable youtube videos and webstreams etc.. What he said I can understand because I have been somewhat the same way for decades. He told me he doesn't want to run my life. He doesn't want to run the economy. He is not in it for the power of The Presidency. He wants me to be free and enjoy my liberty. Well..good. I don't want anyone running my life. I don't think anybody is smart enough to run the economy. The Presidency is and will remain a bully pulpit. He said that the oath is to The Constitution and not to any man.

So..if the best he would have gotten is the bully pulpit, where he would have to "run the economy" and "run Americans lives" and he does not in his heart of hearts believe he should be doing that then who I am to begrudge him when I have turned my back on many cliques that formed around me and never acknowledged them again. If I despise power tripping poseurs then why would i want to be one? I don't. Ron will be heard from quite a bit in the next four years, POTUS or not. His son will carry on his work that was unfinished and others will join his side. To my internal vision RP has always represented a force of nature, a cosmic clown who arrived when the world turned upside down to remind us what right side up is supposed to look like. The time to hold to your ground is now. If you slip from your center the momentum will spin you right off the closer you get to the edge. That is where the enemy of your freedom wants you. Freedom is a concept that is in the mind. You cannot point to a freedom object..it is a concept. Many of you act like they can steal your mindset and go about occupying the real estate betwixt yer ears.

Rev9

I made a thread yesterday about Ron intentionally making poor decisions, in order to test us. The reason I had this feeling, is because the man is simply too smart in order to make such mistakes. I'm not saying he's infallible, I'm saying he knows better on specific things.

This leads to my conclusion, about him testing us because he wants US to lead. He does not want us to transition into some kind of mob, or just become another collective. He wants us to inspire, unify, and lead ourselves individually.

Aratus
06-13-2012, 05:17 PM
rev9 is correct. we all feel this deep down. one of us will go the distance...

nobody's_hero
06-13-2012, 05:41 PM
rev9 is correct. we all feel this deep down. one of us will go the distance...

Or better yet, all of us will. A whole army of people willing to go the distance to freedom, when the establishment thought we could be captured and brought back to the plantation.

jmdrake
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Rev9

I regret I can only give this post 1 +rep! This all makes sense when you think about it. Why continue a campaign where you know you can't win in order to get delegates that you know you won't use? Simple. Because those Ron Paul supporters who go through the process of becoming delegates are themselves empowered! Some have already been elected to local party positions and they will hold those positions for the next two years (unless they do something rash like teh Collins) and in 2014 they will be in strong positions to help more liberty candidates get elected. We've already gone from having 1 Ron Paul on capital hill to having 3 or 4. We're expecting to pick up a couple more this year. 2014 could be a breakout year for the liberty movement if we play our cards right.

PatriotOne
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Because those Ron Paul supporters who go through the process of becoming delegates are themselves empowered!

Soooo true. I know that's how I feel. And all the others won is 4 years of Mitt or Obama. Boy are they going to be disappointed :D.

+ rep.

PatriotOne
06-13-2012, 05:56 PM
+ rep to Rev! Awesome post :D.

bunklocoempire
06-13-2012, 06:48 PM
That is exactly what I took away from the "Who's Ron gonna tell us to vote for?" back in '08.

Remember waiting for that one? "Hey! when is Ron gonna come out with a clue for us?"

That's the first time THIS former sheep got a clue about all this.

It's up to ME to figure this out and act.

When he finally endorsed Baldwin I felt like an idiot for even wanting to be given a clue. :o

The guy is cut from a different cloth, the first "politician" that refused to offer to do anything for me or tell me what to do and I am eternally grateful for that lesson.

Thanks Rev 9, great post.

Really, who could ever really walk away from this stuff? :)

Revolution9
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the kudos folks. Ron is frikkin' awesome. What a trickster in the classic tradition. Yer gonna learn whether you think yer gonna or not. I am glad to have virtually met each and every one of you. Even the trolls. Where would my rep bar be without them..LOL

Now..let's sock it to 'em from the town council all the way to the Blight House, Feral Preserve and The Pentagoon and make the ol' boy proud of us!

Rev9

Revolution9
06-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I made a thread yesterday about Ron intentionally making poor decisions, in order to test us. The reason I had this feeling, is because the man is simply too smart in order to make such mistakes. I'm not saying he's infallible, I'm saying he knows better on specific things.

This leads to my conclusion, about him testing us because he wants US to lead. He does not want us to transition into some kind of mob, or just become another collective. He wants us to inspire, unify, and lead ourselves individually.

The questions remains as to whether they were poor decisions or perfect in regards to the ebb and flow of the Universe.

Rev9

dusman
06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Rev9, I've always appreciated your perspective. This post takes the cake, sir.

Bravo.

Paul Revered
06-14-2012, 12:50 AM
I regret I can only give this post 1 +rep! This all makes sense when you think about it. Why continue a campaign where you know you can't win in order to get delegates that you know you won't use? Simple. Because those Ron Paul supporters who go through the process of becoming delegates are themselves empowered! Some have already been elected to local party positions and they will hold those positions for the next two years (unless they do something rash like teh Collins) and in 2014 they will be in strong positions to help more liberty candidates get elected. We've already gone from having 1 Ron Paul on capital hill to having 3 or 4. We're expecting to pick up a couple more this year. 2014 could be a breakout year for the liberty movement if we play our cards right.

I became a state delegate; and our people were in the minority by just a few votes in our Senatorial district. I also ran for Precinct Chair. I won, unopposed, as did at least three more of our people in my county. These seats are in addition to those claimed and held from 2010, and do not include the stealthy, nor those yet to be elected in the runoff election. I have yet to take office, and I'm already well positioned to sit on at least one committee. My biggest priorities are to educate, and to expand the Liberty base.

2014 could easily be the tipping point in my county.

Thanks to all who helped me.

Paul Fan
06-14-2012, 01:46 AM

Rev9

Great post. I agree. Ron is already my president. Thanks to him, I have woken up and am no longer tangled in talking about the minutia of competing policy proposals that tinker at the edges but do nothing about the problem. I now feel bold enough to demand that we follow the Constitution! When enough people wake up, then we will have the national power to make it happen. We must accept nothing less.