PDA

View Full Version : Paul quintuples support in Gallup nationwide poll

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 04:09 PM
http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2007/11/gallup_poll.html?xid=rss-rcp

Gallup Poll
Posted by TOM BEVAN
New Gallup poll (Nov 11-14, 485 Democrats or Democratic leaners, 398 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, MoE +/- 5.0%) showing little movement on the Democratic side:

Democrats
Clinton 48 (-2 vs. last poll Nov 2-4)
Obama 21 (-1)
Edwards 12 (-3)
Undecided 9

Clinton leads by 21.7% in the updated RCP Average.

For the Republicans, Giuliani and McCain slid in this survey, while Huckabee and Paul gained:

Republicans
Giuliani 28 (-6 vs. last poll Nov 2-4)
Thompson 19 (+2)
McCain 13 (-5)
Romney 12 (-2)
Huckabee 10 (+4)
Paul 5 (+4)
Undecided 8

Giuliani now leads by 13.8% in the RCP Average.

Story here:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/102751/Giuliani-Leads-Four-Others-Double-Digits-GOP-Nomination.aspx

Original_Intent
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
OK I will throw out the token conspiracy theory version of events.

Up until now, the media and the pollsters have been fudging the numbers hoping that we would all get disheartened and go away - thus their polls would be a self- fulfilling prophecy.

Now they get it, and they know we are not going away, so poll number will continue to surge until the primaries and caucuses so that the polls will match the actual election results, and the pollsters will look semi-competent.

This message brought to you by "Conspiracies 'R' Us". :)

"If the media explains events one way, and you think of a way to blame the government, then you are probably closer to the truth"

JohnCrabtree
11-16-2007, 04:24 PM
My guess is right before Iowa and New Hampshire he will poll nationally in 3rd palce at about 12%, when he wins New Hampshire in a landslide he will be polling first or second nationally. Then he will win.

MsDoodahs
11-16-2007, 04:36 PM

ROFLOL!

Love it!

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Up until now, the media and the pollsters have been fudging the numbers hoping that we would all get disheartened and go away - thus their polls would be a self- fulfilling prophecy.

Now they get it, and they know we are not going away, so poll number will continue to surge until the primaries and caucuses so that the polls will match the actual election results, and the pollsters will look semi-competent.

"If the media explains events one way, and you think of a way to blame the government, then you are probably closer to the truth"

Is is POSSIBLE that most people don't know who he is yet or that they only know the Hannity-inspired image of Dr. Paul? :rolleyes: :D ;) :cool:

Liberty
11-16-2007, 05:15 PM

1% and $4.2 million raised in 1 day didn't look right.

icon57
11-16-2007, 09:04 PM
My guess is right before Iowa and New Hampshire he will poll nationally in 3rd palce at about 12%, when he wins New Hampshire in a landslide he will be polling first or second nationally. Then he will win.

Yes, I like the sound of that!

Adamsa
11-16-2007, 09:19 PM
He'll never poll nationally before any primary above 10%.

Chester Copperpot
11-16-2007, 09:22 PM
He'll never poll nationally before any primary above 10%.

10% is all he needs to win in any State... 15% I would say would seal the deal.

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the good news.

````````

BTW: How can Thompson go up so soon after the drug scandal?

Adamsa
11-16-2007, 09:23 PM
10% is all he needs to win in any State... 15% I would say would seal the deal.

Maybe, but I was talking nationally. And it's a good thing we don't nominate people nationally, and instead do it state by state.

Pete
11-17-2007, 05:47 AM
I find Huck's 10% with not much money suspect and irritating. However, it could bode well for us in that people are running away from the brand names.

Huck and Thompson's gains reflect Christians getting behind them, I think. This is a group we must work on.

5% is good news!

CelestialRender
11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
"My guess is right before Iowa and New Hampshire he will poll nationally in 3rd place at about 12%, when he wins New Hampshire in a landslide he will be polling first or second nationally. Then he will win."

Wow, someone else who thinks the same way I do. It's been a while; it's been a bit pessimistic 'round here lately.

misconstrued
11-17-2007, 11:23 PM
1% and $4.2 million raised in 1 day didn't look right.

So true. That's exactly what I say to people who say Ron Paul isn't a serious candidate because of how bad he does in the polls and/or that he has no support.