PDA

View Full Version : Delegate feedback idea

phixonpolitics
11-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Is it possible to have "real time" stats on the delegation "movement?" Something like a map, divided up into the appropriate districts, and then how many people from each district will commit or have committed to being a Ron Paul delegate and in what district. For example, I have read the rules for the AR GOP and plan to file my $125 and application in Jan 2008 as per GOP rules, as a Ron Paul delegate in congressional district 4, AR. Then, plop a flag, or number, or whatever on the map. Then, show the number of how many delegates are allowed, and get as close to 100% per district as possible. No names need be shown.

RPinSEAZ
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea. It should be a graphic at the top of the forum home page in fact. Seems like a good way to motivate people.

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Um, it would help to avoid confusion of what you're talking about if you didn't just say "delegate" which could be for different things: state conventions/caucuses or do you mean Ron Paul "delegate candidates" to the national nominating convention? :confused:

phixonpolitics
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, I guess I mean the kind this forum is about: the ones that are needed to get Ron Paul nominated. The Debbie lady as seen at the Philly rally didn't seem to make distinctions as to what kind of delegate to be. It seems to me one has to start at the local level before getting to the National Convention.