PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead: "Ron Paul scores surprise delegates in New Mexico!" (6 of 20 delegates)

MarcusI
06-12-2012, 04:22 PM
"There is a report that six of the newly elected delegates to the RNC from New Mexico are Ron Paul supporters. This happened last Saturday at the GOP State Convention. Nine other Ron Paul supporters were elected as alternate delegates. Amazing."

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/ron-paul-scores-surprise-delegates-in-new-mexico/

Woot! Never read anything about the New Mexico GOP convention here on RPF - is there a thread?

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
There is a report that six of the newly elected delegates to the RNC from New Mexico are Ron Paul supporters. This happened last Saturday at the GOP State Convention. Nine other Ron Paul supporters were elected as alternate delegates. Amazing. According to the Romney campaign they will still have to vote for Mitt Romney in Tampa. New Mexico will be represented by only 20 delegates, so this is a significant haul.

and apparently the Romney campaign is pulling out race bias as well as age bias to try to strike our delegates:

The Romney campaign’s paranoia over Ron Paul supporters sometimes reaches comical proportions. In one state they asked questions to eliminate potential Ron Paul supporters filing as delegates. Youth, of course, are suspect, so your age alone can get you eliminated. And Hispanics, who vote in huge numbers for Ron Paul, are sometimes targets. In New Mexico the Romney people struck from the list a Hispanic couple who actually, ironically, supported their man. Longtime Republican activists, they were reportedly dropped for having Latino sounding names.

Oh, and Bill Kristol says the GOP doesn't need Ron Paul supporters. Considering he and we are like matter and antimatter, I can certainly see why he doesn't WANT us....

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/ron-paul-scores-surprise-delegates-in-new-mexico/

MarcusI
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I was one minute earlier ;)

Bern
6/20 delegates is helpful. >25%!

squirekyle
sweet.

kathy88
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Woot!

GeorgiaAvenger
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Why is Doug perpetuating false hope? I like him and all, but...

torchbearer
06-12-2012, 04:49 PM

anything can happen.

libertyfanatic
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
I thought that delegates no longer mattered.

devil21
06-12-2012, 04:55 PM

WTF is your problem? Reporting news is "false hope"? Just fuck off already.

torchbearer
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM

us having delegates this time around is the only reason the endorsements even matter.
in 2008- no one cared about us. we had no political power.
now that we have political muscle people are acting out of sorts.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM

that is FALSE. We need and expect, short of being cheated by credentials committee, to have at least a plurality of 5 states to nominate Ron from the floor for a speech that is NOT edited nor beholden to anyone, because it is a nomination speech to RNC for consideration. We alone or in combination should control six states to demand vote counts, bring and second motions. Neither of those things have been done since 1976. This will be a BUSINESS MEETING about the direction of the GOP and delegates absolutely matter.

All of that is WITHOUT expecting the extraordinary events which would be necessary to make Ron the GOP nominee.

Southerner
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
that is FALSE. We need and expect, short of being cheated by credentials committee, to have at least a plurality of 5 states to nominate Ron from the floor for a speech that is NOT edited nor beholden to anyone, because it is a nomination speech to RNC for consideration. We alone or in combination should control six states to demand vote counts, bring and second motions. Neither of those things have been done since 1976. This will be a BUSINESS MEETING about the direction of the GOP and delegates absolutely matter.

All of that is WITHOUT expecting the extraordinary events which would be necessary to make Ron the GOP nominee.

^^^that^^^ + Rep.

odamn
06-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Pardon me, but i'm so confused. I thought the delegate totals were meeting or exceeding expections, in most states, with many more still to be deciced.
If the delegate process is over, as per Ron and rand, why did they think it would ever work?
Thanks ...

sanssq
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Pardon me, but i'm so confused. I thought the delegate totals were meeting or exceeding expections, in most states, with many more still to be deciced.
If the delegate process is over, as per Ron and rand, why did they think it would ever work?
Thanks ...

The delegate strategy could have only worked if Paul had taken a couple of early state. The media and the GOP hacks prevented that. Each early State effort was met by the marginalizing, demonizing and dehumanizing.

Still, the campaign made a number of tactical and strategic errors. The campaign needed to adapt to individual states. It didn't. It needed to develop enthusiasm with various demographics. It didn't. In fact, the grass roots carried the campaign all along.

I am proud of those that worked so hard. Even prouder, if possible, of those that have learned the history, economics and humanity behind the Liberty movement. As many have said; this is just a start. Peace and Liberty

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 05:46 PM
The delegate strategy could have only worked if Paul had taken a couple of early state. The media and the GOP hacks prevented that. Each early State effort was met by the marginalizing, demonizing and dehumanizing.

Still, the campaign made a number of tactical and strategic errors. The campaign needed to adapt to individual states. It didn't. It needed to develop enthusiasm with various demographics. It didn't. In fact, the grass roots carried the campaign all along.

I am proud of those that worked so hard. Even prouder, if possible, of those that have learned the history, economics and humanity behind the Liberty movement. As many have said; this is just a start. Peace and Liberty

If Santorum hadn't dropped out it would have been a brokered convention, likely. AFTERWARDS if conservatives decided they wanted a brokered convention and that voting Ron instead of Romney in primaries would be the way to go, that would have likely worked. However, by that point Romney was being painted 'presumed nominee' and the blackout by media on Ron became a black hole.

so we are where we are. Only delegates refusing to eat the dog food (Romney) would get Ron the nomination of the GOP now, BUT he should be nominated INTO nomination at RNC, and give a speech to persuade those delegates to our principles, and be able to do business there. Also, the process of getting there is taking over state GOPs as a side effect. Those were always secondary goals in case Ron couldn't get the GOP nomination.

The first two of those three has not happened at the RNC since 1976.

kathy88
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
EACH and EVERY delegate that we get that is a Paul supporter in Tampa is a coup. They certainly matter. Each and every one. And if these folks need help getting to Tampa, we need to make sure they get there.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
EACH and EVERY delegate that we get that is a Paul supporter in Tampa is a coup. They certainly matter. Each and every one. And if these folks need help getting to Tampa, we need to make sure they get there.

this ^^^

and there are delegate chip ins floating around that we need to keep bumped.

MarcusI
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
New Article by Doug on New Mexico:

"[...] Here’s the story:

I’ll begin with the great news: this Saturday, the New Mexico GOP Convention elected 20 delegates and 20 alternates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. Of these, the Conservative Unity slate organized by Ron Paul supporters won 8 delegates and 9 alternates!
[...]

This coalition put together a full “Conservative Unity” delegate slate: 20 candidates for the 20 delegate spots. Of these 20, 15 were Ron Paul supporters, and 5 were proven limited-government advocates whose candidate preference went unstated.[...]"

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/inside-the-new-mexico-state-gop-convention/

I suppose that out of the 8 delegates from the "Conservative unity slate", which go to Tampa, 6 are Paulites, but this is not clearly stated in the article.