PDA

View Full Version : MassGOP hacks who lost to RP delegates looking to win at-large seats TONIGHT

muzzled dogg
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Mass state committee elects 11 at-large delegates (plus some alternates) tonight. this appears to be the romney slate...

June 8, 2012
Dear Esteemed Members of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee:

We, the undersigned members of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, are all strong
supporters of our Presidential nominee, Governor Mitt Romney, and wish to represent him in Tampa. As such, we are asking for your support for our candidacy for Delegate and Alternate Delegate to the 2012 Republican National Convention.

For the sake of simplicity and to keep us organized, we have decided to call our group the "State Committee Group" (SCG). Though we have not been endorsed or asked to be endorsed by the Romney Campaign, we all fully support Governor Romney for President and believe this is a very significant qualification.

We feel that Governor Romney deserves to have a loyal and united delegation from Massachusetts
to support him in Tampa. And, as members and former members of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, it is our duty to represent Governor Romney, our Commonwealth and our Party in a manner consistent with the long-standing, conservative message that unites us all. Our group representing the Massachusetts Republican Party will proudly stand front and center in Tampa to show the United States and the rest of the world our unwavering support for Governor Romney as we march to victory in November.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime event - not only for those who want to go to the Republican National
Convention, but for our Massachusetts Republican Party. We ask for your vote on June 12 so that we may serve as Delegates and Alternate Delegates in Tampa.

Please contact any one of us with any questions. Thank you for your consideration!

Respectfully,

Amy Carnevale, State Committeewoman
Brock Cordeiro, State Committeeman
Rick Greeley, State Committeeman
Jeanie Falcone, State Committeewoman
Kerry Healey, National Committeewoman-Elect
Kevin Jourdain, Former State Committeeman
Bill Nickerson, State Committeeman
Elizabeth Mahoney, State Committeewoman
Brad Williams, State Committeeman
Minority Leader Brad Jones, Ex-Officio State Committee Board Member
Rachel Kemp, State Committeewoman

Mike Case, State Committeeman Mindy McKenzie Hebert, State Committeewoman
Patricia Saint Aubin, State Committeewoman
Sue Smiley, State Committeewoman
John McCarthy, State Committeeman
Janet Garon, State Committeewoman
Fran Manzelli, State Committeeman
Kim Roy, State Committeewoman
Barbara McCoy, State Committeewoman
Mimi Sundstrom, State Committeewoman

http://www.redmassgroup.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=7AAED4991C826CF2C5175E952A 008FA7?diaryId=14853

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Thank you!

Best of luck, Massachusetts!

I understand this is highly biased towards the establishment, so if we got anything at all there, that would be a huge win.

muzzled dogg
06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes if we pick up one I would be pleasantly suprised

alucard13mmfmj
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
give them hell.

kathy88
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
News?

MozoVote
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I suppose either all "our" people went home in disgust, and don't want to talk about it. Or they are keeping the old guard there late by making motions and causing a "real" convention to happen

paulbot24
06-13-2012, 02:42 AM
bump for morning update

Dissent
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Any news?

Barrex
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Why are people with yellow hair called "BLOND"?

Aratus
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
any new news? or is no news par for the course?

CPUd
06-14-2012, 06:03 PM
The romney hacks swept it, according to RedMassGroup site.

The main item of interest for most during Tuesday's Massachusetts Republican State Committee meeting, held in Natick at The Verve - Crowne Plaza - was the election of At-Large Delegates and Alternates to the 2012 Republican National Convention.

There were 16 candidates for At-Large Delegate and 13 for At-Large Alternate. There were 11 slots in either category.

21 Republican activists, all with present or past ties to the MassGOP State Committee, banded together in support of each other in hopes of being elected. This is the "State Committee Group" that you may have heard of in recent days.

Rather than each use their own 2 minutes to speak the 10 of the 11 State Committee Group candidates for delegate yielded their time to State Committeewoman Amy Carnevale, who spoke for the group in order to save time. Similarly, 9 out of 10 alternate candidates from the State Committee group yielded their time to State Committeeman Mike Case.

devil21
06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
^^^^^^
I missed the part where it stated the results? Did we have anybody there or was this some closed door fraud crap? Needs more info. Considering how well we did at the CDs there I find it hard to believe no one showed up for the state convention and no updates on this forum.

ClydeCoulter
06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Why are people with yellow hair called "BLOND"?

Because some of them act like the girls in the Blond Jokes, like my wife :)

sailingaway
06-14-2012, 08:23 PM
^^^^^^
I missed the part where it stated the results? Did we have anybody there or was this some closed door fraud crap? Needs more info. Considering how well we did at the CDs there I find it hard to believe no one showed up for the state convention and no updates on this forum.

my understanding is some committee picks the delegates, so it isn't voted on by the general group, in some way. I didn't expect anything there, but always hoped, of course!

Mass could still be one of Ron's states for bringing motions and seconding them, assuming we can convince a handful of delegates of a specific issue, or they have the same hot button issues on some of them as we do.

devil21
06-14-2012, 08:25 PM
So basically closed door fraud type crap. Got it.

tsai3904
06-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Considering how well we did at the CDs there I find it hard to believe no one showed up for the state convention and no updates on this forum.

I don't think it was a State Convention. I think the at-large delegates were elected by State Committee members only. State Committee members were elected four years ago.

soulcyon
06-14-2012, 08:40 PM
^

This is the same situation in many states, and most of the "At large" delegates will go to Romney throughout the country.

CPUd
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it was a committee meeting; the site in the OP is where they quietly announced the winners ( which were the same as listed in the OP). No word on who the other 7 (5+2) candidates were; possibly were thrown in there to make it look like there was competition. But when the candidates are current and former State Committee members being voted on by the State Committee at a State Committee meeting, I'd probably remain relatively quiet about it as well.

muzzled dogg
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Not so quiet i've known about this meeting for months

I was told by some leaders in mass to keep it hush

J. W. Evans
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
There was some publicity behind it though as the deadline for the committee meeting to be legally held was only a few days ago. While the results probably aren't very known, those interested could have at least assumed it was going to be held sometime around now.

Monotaur
06-14-2012, 09:49 PM
^^^^^^

I was beginning to think our people had been NDAA'ed... :eek:

:)