PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Paul still win the GOP nomination???

Danjlion7
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Was wondering since an article on the official website by Jack Hunter defending Rand says that either Romney or Obama will be the next President.

zachrbroussard
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.caribbeanbelle.com/mans-view/images/pandorasbox.gif

fisharmor
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
A couple months ago, it was going to be that either Paul or Obama was going to be president.
Romney wasn't in consideration. Even if he ended up the nominee, he was going to lose the general big time.

Now, it's either Romney or Obama? Well, we know who to thank for the shift, for making it possible for Romney to win, and I'm looking pretty squarely at Mr. Hunter.

tsai3904
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
The fact that it isn't over means anything can happen. So is it technically possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Peace&Freedom
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
According to the campaign, at this point, no, although no one knows for sure how many stealth Paul delegates there are, or if something will happen in the next few weeks to implode Romney. The latter would have to be something gigantic at this point (I live near the district where Weiner crumbled this time last year). IF enough delegates abstain or vote for Paul on the first ballot, denying Mitt a victory, there is a chance, but it seems to be slim now.

Brian4Liberty
I believe that after the Texas and California results, it became effectively impossible.

Danjlion7
Seems though Rand would have egg all over his face if his dad won the nomination. Guess he would have to change his endorsement?

trey4sports
06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
nope

fisharmor
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM
nope

And if Romney has a stroke?

Indy Vidual
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
A stroke or a huge scandal.

Ron Paul 2012

Ivash
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
A couple months ago, it was going to be that either Paul or Obama was going to be president.
Romney wasn't in consideration. Even if he ended up the nominee, he was going to lose the general big time.

Now, it's either Romney or Obama? Well, we know who to thank for the shift, for making it possible for Romney to win, and I'm looking pretty squarely at Mr. Hunter.

I'm curious: do you honestly believe that a guy that the mass, mass majority of Americans have never even heard of made it possible for a major candidate to win? I'm not even sure what to think about that.

The truth is that Romney always had a chance. Granted the odds were against him just a few short weeks ago, but considering how bad the past month have been for President Obama there is at least a 45% chance that Romney wins the Presidency- and if the economy continues to get worse he'll be in the driver's seat come election day. On the other hand if the economy gets better (or, arguably, stalls) then Obama should eke out a victory.

dannno
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
The fact that it isn't over means anything can happen. So is it technically possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

According to the campaign, at this point, no, although no one knows for sure how many stealth Paul delegates there are, or if something will happen in the next few weeks to implode Romney. The latter would have to be something gigantic at this point (I live near the district where Weiner crumbled this time last year). IF enough delegates abstain or vote for Paul on the first ballot, denying Mitt a victory, there is a chance, but it seems to be slim now.

These.

zachrbroussard
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm curious: do you honestly believe that a guy that the mass, mass majority of Americans have never even heard of made it possible for a major candidate to win? In all honesty that is a bit frightening.

I see fisharmor's point, if Hunter hadn't of said things, the MSM wouldn't have said what they did on that topic. BUT the MSM has never supported Ron so it wouldn't have mattered.

To answer OP, sure, Ron Paul still has a chance. But it is a small chance and it all depends on how many stealth delegates we have. We have enough to prevent Romney from winning on the 1st ballot, then there is a reasonable chance that Ron Paul could walk away the nominee. But since we have no idea what that number is, nobody can tell for sure.

The best thing to do is just to keep fighting for Liberty and hope for the best!

Ivash
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I see fisharmor's point, if Hunter hadn't of said things, the MSM wouldn't have said what they did on that topic. BUT the MSM has never supported Ron so it wouldn't have mattered.

To answer OP, sure, Ron Paul still has a chance. But it is a small chance and it all depends on how many stealth delegates we have. We have enough to prevent Romney from winning on the 1st ballot, then there is a reasonable chance that Ron Paul could walk away the nominee. But since we have no idea what that number is, nobody can tell for sure.

The best thing to do is just to keep fighting for Liberty and hope for the best!

I changed my 'that is a bit frightening' because it isn't, and what I posted earlier was hyperbole (in case anyone is wondering).

But I think the MSM would still have reported that Romney had 'won the primary' after the Texas rout, for instance. Hunter's lack of existence would not have changed much.

parocks
06-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Romney could get eaten by a shark. If something crazy happens, and Romney doesn't show up in Tampa, he won't be the nominee.

We could say "Romney could be eaten by a shark, therefore Ron Paul can win".

Or we could use other reasons to keep going.

Rand Paul for VP is possible. We might want to focus on setting goals we can achieve.

Keith and stuff
06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
According to the Ron Paul campaign, I guess not. However, I still think it is possible. Perhaps Romney will get cancer and drop out? Has he had his appendix removed? If not, it could theoretically still burst and that could cause complications leading to him dropping out. If Romney drops out, it is possible that Ron Paul is nominated.

It'd like to make it clear that I do not wish nor want any harm done to Romney nor anyone else.

parocks
06-12-2012, 02:31 PM

Ron Paul 2012

there are many possible black swan events. Total is under 1%.

tsai3904
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
there are many possible black swan events. Total is under 1%.

Even if those black swan events happen, Ron Paul would still not be the favorite to be the nominee because the truth is the establishment will still have more delegates than us.

Southerner
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
If something crazy happens, and Romney doesn't show up in Tampa, he won't be the nominee.

We could say "Romney could be eaten by a shark, therefore Ron Paul can win".

Rand Paul for VP is possible. We might want to focus on setting goals we can achieve.

IF 14 women come out of the closet like they did with Herman Cain, etc. But otherwise its Romney. I PRAY he picks Rand for VP.

parocks
06-12-2012, 02:34 PM

And those nasty voters who didn't give Ron Paul a win in any state.

The most delusional Ron Paul supporter is not the most hardcore supporter. Just the most delusional.

mello
06-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I've read that Ron will have approximately 20% of the delegates at the RNC. Didn't Warren G. Harding win the nomination with only 6% of the delegates?

parocks
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
IF 14 women come out of the closet like they did with Herman Cain, etc. But otherwise its Romney. I PRAY he picks Rand for VP.

Praying is not the method we should be using, the top method, to get Rand the VP slot. We can get it, if we work for it. Talking as some do about how terrible Rand Paul is for endorsing Romney is not the way to accomplish this.

zachrbroussard
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I've read that Ron will have approximately 20% of the delegates at the RNC. Didn't Warren G. Harding win the nomination with only 6% of the delegates?

Ya but there has to be a brokered convention. There were like 6 candidates in that convention which forced a brokered convention. If we can't force a brokered convention on first ballot then there is no hope.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM
According to the campaign, at this point, no, although no one knows for sure how many stealth Paul delegates there are, or if something will happen in the next few weeks to implode Romney. The latter would have to be something gigantic at this point (I live near the district where Weiner crumbled this time last year). IF enough delegates abstain or vote for Paul on the first ballot, denying Mitt a victory, there is a chance, but it seems to be slim now.Ron said he doesn't expect to have enough delegates to win. Obviously, the vote isnt until Tampa, and something technically could still happen, Romney could implode, finances could get worse and people could be swayed by an unfiltered nomination speech from the floor.

Unlikely, short of something pretty unexpected, but not impossible, as tsai says.

Ron didn't say he wouldn't take every win he could, but it is clear he was starting to focus on changing policy and a floor nomination speech rather than a win. Jack Hunter used the word 'conceded' but Ron didn't, and Jack has been defending Rand since Rand's endorsement, rather than speaking for Ron, imho.

So, a lot less likely since the Benton email went out just before close of registration in CA, with that, and Rand, and the 'I don't expect to have enough delegates to win, but will have about 500' email.

But Iowa is still coming up. Unless we are gyped by the credentials committee (always possible), I DO expect Ron to have the five states to nominate him from the floor, and the support to make and second motions. And that hasn't happened since 1976, and would be historic.

And if the Romney controlled credentials committee steals that from Ron, they have to know the guy loses.

parocks
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM

Back in the old days, there weren't primaries or caucuses.

cheapseats
06-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Jeb Bush. I'm dead serious.

ShowMeLiberty
06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Jack Hunter used the word 'conceded' but Ron didn't, and Jack has been defending Rand since Rand's endorsement, rather than speaking for Ron, imho.

This just made me wonder... other than the video in which Jack says he is speaking only for himself, what if he HAS been speaking for Ron? What if the things Jack has said are exactly what Ron would say if he felt it was appropriate for him to speak on the issue? Maybe Ron has asked Jack to be his voice in this. Just thinking "out loud".

febo
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
This
Or Europe melts down
Or the US melts down
Or someone comes up with a pro RP stunt that goes viral worldwide like nothing ever has
Or .. who knows?
We are in the most volatile period for decades and the campaign suddenly knows the future.

That's the huge misread - hard core RP fans are idealists, dreamers, believers in one man can beat all, you can't switch it off while there is still time - this is the core of the hero myth that lies buried within all of our psyches, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
This just made me wonder... other than the video in which Jack says he is speaking only for himself, what if he HAS been speaking for Ron? What if the things Jack has said are exactly what Ron would say if he felt it was appropriate for him to speak on the issue? Maybe Ron has asked Jack to be his voice in this. Just thinking "out loud".

What if that isn't the case? I can jump to any conclusion I want, but I don't have the evidence.

cheapseats
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
The fact that it isn't over means anything can happen.

That is NOT a fact.

The only way that is true is if Miracles can be NECESSARY ingredients in "recipes for success".

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE is the secret sauce of the Wishful Thinking that "underpins" the Good Guy side of the coin in the oh-so-lucrative DO GOODERY sector.

dancjm
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
people could all of a sudden come to their senses.

ShowMeLiberty
What if that isn't the case?

Then it isn't. But it's an idea worth thinking about. Or so I thought. :)

zachrbroussard

That's less likely than Romney being eaten by a shark....

febo
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
That's less likely than Romney being eaten by a shark....

Not if you understand the exponential function. We are on the steep bit of several of them right now and they are infectous.
And per Jung, any constellation of the negative must bring with is an equal constellation of the positive - we have so many negatives right now, the positive counter trend will be spectacular.

Mini-Me
06-12-2012, 02:59 PM
We'd need a miracle at this point for Ron Paul to get the nomination, but I hope we can pull ourselves together enough to at least give the establishment hell at the convention anyway and turn it into a humiliating portent of their slowing marching doom. ;) Either way, Romney will not be President, and Jack Hunter implying he could be doesn't make it so.

TrishW
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I disagree with the people who think Romney is keeping Ron Paul from the nomination. Romney could implode and the GOP would insert some other suit. They're not that fond of Romney anyway. Perhaps they are waiting for the Ron Paul people to stop his winning on the first ballot, then insert another pick.

febo
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Or one person
an honest retraction would be warmly welcomed. It's not too late. It would be remarkable .. and help both the campaign and "the Liberty movement's longer term aims".

mport1
06-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Probably not. Hopefully all the Ron Paul supporters refuse to vote for Romney at the convention though. I'd like to see what happens in that case.

Mini-Me
06-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Probably not. Hopefully all the Ron Paul supporters refuse to vote for Romney at the convention though. I'd like to see what happens in that case.

Me too. :) It would be a great symbolic blow to the neocons, if nothing else.

NoOneButPaul
06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
There's no real point arguing your point. Black swan events are things that are unforeseen, and yes, we need 1) not Romney and then 2) yes Ron Paul.

I get your point, I'm not going to argue it, because the problem is that we have plenty here attacking those who recognize that there's less than a 1% chance at this point that Romney won't get the 1144.

We should focus on realistic goals.

Pick Rand Paul as VP or we'll wreck the convention is one.

Unless Ron says to wreck it we should do nothing.

Ron has asked us to be respectful and since I'm willing to bet he's going to get a chance to speak we need to make the convention about HIM! Not destroying the party...

We can destroy the party in 2016. Let's give Ron his moment unfettered and see where it takes us...

shishka
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Seems though Rand would have egg all over his face if his dad won the nomination. Guess he would have to change his endorsement?

Rand always said his first choice would be his dad. So, yeah, if Ron got the nomination, he'd switch to endorsing Paul Sr.

Kurt Evans
06-12-2012, 05:40 PM
--

paulbot24
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Our delegates will have lots of time to talk to establishment delegates in Tampa and let's not forget many will be hearing their first Ron Paul speech! Remember the first time you heard a Ron Paul speech? I sure as hell do. That's why I still believe.

DamianTV
06-12-2012, 06:17 PM

Ron Paul 2012

Maybe we should go find the Scandal. We KNOW it is out there. Just need to find it!

paulbot24
06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm still waiting to see what happens regarding Romney's connections with a ponzi scheme. Last I checked, they are due to appear in court in four days about this. Check this out:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/01/316040/romney-solamere-ponzi/?mobile=nc
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/romney-camp-dismissive-of-ponzi-accusations/

alucard13mmfmj
06-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm still waiting to see what happens regarding Romney's connections with a ponzi scheme. Last I checked, they are due to appear in court in four days about this. Check this out:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/01/316040/romney-solamere-ponzi/?mobile=nc
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/romney-camp-dismissive-of-ponzi-accusations/

Nothing.. cause GOP don't care. Cause Romney is their man to "beat" Obama.

Only thing that can change this is if Romney had a dead hooker in his closet and had DNA evidence linking him to the hooker.

phill4paul
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Only thing that can change this is if Romney had a dead hooker in his closet and had DNA evidence linking him to the hooker.

Even then it depends on if everyone 'in the know' were not silenced or disappeared and the corporations controlling media decided it was too big a liability to totally ignore it.

Ain't gonna happen. Things are preceeding as planned.

paulbot24
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM

He might have just been in the middle of firing the hooker, which is fiscally responsible....and people made entirely of plastic do not in fact have DNA......wink

Exavier
06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't give up just yet honestly. There are a lot of things still in the works right now such as the fact that the nomination is not over. Lawsuits are being brought up for vote fraud all across the country in multiple states and Paul supporters can still submit court affidavits to prove their votes. And like other people have said we don’t know the number of Ron Paul stealth delegates and Mitt still has his court scandal. I’d say the odds aren’t in our favor least as far as big money and such but I won’t throw in the towel until after the nomination and if Ron Paul fully concedes defeat to Mitt. It’s not over until it’s over.

MJU1983
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm still on the "no one but Paul" bandwagon....and will be until I vote for him.

Fuck Mitt Romney.

abruzz0
06-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Rand has repeatedly said "no" it is not possible.

SO OBVIOUSLY, NO, RON CANNOT WIN THE NOMINATION.

DUH!!!!!!

abruzz0
06-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Now everyone shut up and vote for Romney, cuz it's "good for the party."

...right?

thatpeculiarcat
06-13-2012, 02:17 AM
The chances of Paul winning are slim to none. There's a chance, but anybody getting their hopes up that sincerely believes Paul will be the president is only setting themselves up for a rude awakening.

"Sharks for Ron Paul" Facebook page...

This.

alucard13mmfmj
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Matthanuf06
06-13-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Perfect video. 1 out of a million is probably closer than 1 out of 100. But there's a chance! Don't lose hope and don't let the fire extinguish!

kahless
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Perfect video. 1 out of a million is probably closer than 1 out of 100. But there's a chance! Don't lose hope and don't let the fire extinguish!

Good video and I agree probably about 1 out of 100.

I think the RPF frustration can be summed up in the first 20 seconds. "You just can't turn it off.......somebody would not let us win" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

EBounding
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Unless Romney passes away, goes to prison, or does something incredibly stupid that causes his poll numbers to tank to single digits, no, Ron Paul will not be the nominee.

The point of secondary goal of accumulating delegates is to show that the grassroots activists are serious about making change and the direction of the party. We're demonstrating that we're not going anywhere.

vita3
06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Anything & Everything has happened @ Conventions in American Political History.

That's exactly why Rand sold out & showed his true colors.

PreDeadMan
06-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm a listener to Free Talk Live and a caller had something interesting to say. He said Mitt Romney will get involved in some type of scandal before the convention and this caller predicts Jeb Bush will fill in the Romney gap and become the next president lol. I would like nothing more than for Romney to be brought down with a scandal and not Jeb Bush but Ron Paul taking his place of course =p

PreDeadMan
06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Oh here is where he got his source http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1555.htm the title is Kissinger vows to China: “Jeb Bush Will Be Next President”

Origanalist
06-13-2012, 07:48 AM

So now it's Jack Hunters fault?

sailingaway
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Unless Romney passes away, goes to prison, or does something incredibly stupid that causes his poll numbers to tank to single digits, no, Ron Paul will not be the nominee.

The point of secondary goal of accumulating delegates is to show that the grassroots activists are serious about making change and the direction of the party. We're demonstrating that we're not going anywhere.

Our secondary goal is an RNC with a choice, with Ron at least in nomination to the convention and able to give an unedited nomination speech, and the ability of MEMBERSHIP to do business, not just the establishment -- that last takes six states, one to make a motion and five to second a motion. We should be able to do that, even if we need different coalitions of a few people here and there on different issues. Then it will be up to the majority to debate and vote, but at least we can do business. We haven't been able to get conservative views into the establishment management for a generation. It is about time we had an RNC run as they were designed to be run.

Peace&Freedom
06-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh here is where he got his source http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1555.htm the title is Kissinger vows to China: “Jeb Bush Will Be Next President”

The article reads: "...Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping met with Jeb Bush [photo top left] yesterday at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing where both pledged to advance cooperation between their two countries and, this report says, agreed that once Bush had taken office a ‘new era’ would begin in US-China relations.

According to this report, Kissinger told Keqiang that the Republican Party election process to select their nominee to run against President Obama was “completely manipulated” to ensure that their 2012 Convention would be “deadlocked” thus allowing for Jeb Bush to be nominated as a “consensus candidate” and thus his parties leader...."

If any aspect is true, given the inaccuracy above about how the primary race would play out, it means the elite plan changed. Either the idea is now to push Jeb into office in 2016, or have him become the running mate of Mitt, who then loses. In either case, it may mean Jeb will be the next President because Obama will be reinstalled for a second term.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Either the idea is now to push Jeb into office in 2016, or have him become the running mate of Mitt, who then loses.

FWIW, Jeb has publicly endorsed Rubio for the position.

CPUd
06-13-2012, 08:47 AM

That site is like one giant tabloid.

Noob
06-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Well for every delegate Ron get's its one less for Romney. It be a major upset if he does.

ShowMeLiberty
06-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Can Ron Paul still win the GOP nomination?

If God himself comes down from heaven and tells the RNC that he wants Ron as the nominee. Maybe.

Toxic
06-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I think he Pauls and Romney know what the outcome will be already. Rand's endorsement pretty much sealed the deal for Romney.

Jesubub
06-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Even if conditions were favorable to fighting for the nomination in Tampa, Jesse Benton would find a way to screw it up.

squirekyle
06-13-2012, 11:47 AM

If God himself comes down from heaven and tells the RNC that he wants Ron as the nominee. Maybe.

They'd probably just try to kill him again like they did 2000 years ago, remember, it was the religious people that put Jesus to death. :eek:

affa
06-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Praying is not the method we should be using, the top method, to get Rand the VP slot. We can get it, if we work for it. Talking as some do about how terrible Rand Paul is for endorsing Romney is not the way to accomplish this.

Perhaps getting Rand the VP spot isn't everyone's goal? I don't care who Romney's VP pick is.

The second every Ron Paul supporter starts deciding Romney is okay if he picks Rand, they win, and they'll dangle that like a carrot and STILL pull out the carpet from under us at the last second. Screw that.

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Perhaps getting Rand the VP spot isn't everyone's goal? I don't care who Romney's VP pick is.

Neither do I.

The second every Ron Paul supporter starts deciding Romney is okay if he picks Rand, they win, and they'll dangle that like a carrot and STILL pull out the carpet from under us at the last second. Screw that.

Exactly. We will be blamed when Romney gets slaughtered in the election. They will say 'Oh, its those stupid Libertarians/Ron Paul people who made us lose the election!' Anyone who CANNOT see the end game for us if this goes through is a fool.

donnay
06-13-2012, 12:17 PM
And yet I am being called emotional and delusional because Rand compromised our position...Ron Paul was never going to be in the White House!! The system, both parasitic parties are the wings of the same vulture. No compromise, small or large is going to gain anything. TPTB control it all and we have to changes minds of people, because people are who TPTB are scared of.

I am not a spectator for liberty!!! I will not compromise!

dgladen
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
The only way for Ron to win now is to win by the popular vote which cannot happen unless we take on a voting strike and refuse to cast a vote. It has to be 40% or less I believe for this to happen. I mean only that number of people actually vote. If we don't vote for the delegates choice, then they become disenfranchised and the popular vote can rule. I believe I have this right. Correct me if I am wrong. We should instead refuse to go to work, refuse to spend our credit cards,refuse to pay federal taxes, close our bank accounts, pull together to help those who have been left in impoverishment situations and have a Nation wide sit down on all capitol lawns demanding justice from this debauched infiltrated broken down system of tyrannical hypocrites who we have paid to represent us. I say, we STRIKE AS A NATION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE AND THE RULE OF LAW!! Otherwise, we have nothing to look forward to but a nightmarish world government where we have absolutely no rights at all.

DeMintConservative
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM

I'd say a guy like Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal would be the nominee in that scenario.

affa
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I'd say a guy like Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal would be the nominee in that scenario.

Nothing really has changed from months ago. The mass media was always going to distort, ignore, and outright lie. The establishment was always going to cheat, ignore rules at their convenience, and try to push Romney through. We were never going to be allowed to win a state, we were never going to be allowed to truly gain visible momentum.

We're the underdog fighting an all powerful hydra.

We either take it in Tampa, our way, or we don't. It's ALWAYS had to end that way. All those hoping an early win would have changed the media's tune don't get it -- the media is owned by the same powers that be that represent the bankers and the MIC.

It's on us. Always has been. Nothing's changed, except those who still wanted to believe there was some bit of good left in the establishment are hopefully waking up.

DualSpace
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Let's move on.

SantanJ
06-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Well for every delegate Ron get's its one less for Romney. It be a major upset if he does.

There would have to be 650 MORE stealth deelgates (willing to pay the penalty) for Ron Paul than even Ron Paul knows about. Remember..his e-mail said 500 Ron Paul supporters would be delegates. He was already COUNTING the (estimated) stealth delegates in that 500 number. (200 that can vote for him, and another 300)

It simply is not going to happen. there is simply NO WAY the campaign thinks that he has 300 steatlh delegates when he actually has 950.

And that doesn't even include the Nevada ones that have already said they will honor the popular vote results and vote for Romney. Ron Paul counted them in his 500. And they are voting for Romney anyway.

Yeah...but what are th odds on THAT happening? Like maybe 40%?

SilenceDewgooder
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Have you ever met anyone that has made a decision that you did not anticipate? Have you ever met anyone that changed their decision at the last moment? What would happen if Dr. Paul made a statement that he has 1,300 delegates?

The point is, no one knows anything until AFTER the delegates vote. I want and still holding out for a Paul nomination, but regardless, do you plan on accepting the status quo and their actions or will you continue to confront these actions?

SantanJ
06-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Have you ever met anyone that has made a decision that you did not anticipate? Have you ever met anyone that changed their decision at the last moment? What would happen if Dr. Paul made a statement that he has 1,300 delegates?

The point is, no one knows anything until AFTER the delegates vote. I want and still holding out for a Paul nomination, but regardless, do you plan on accepting the status quo and their actions or will you continue to confront these actions?

Fine, if you want to hold out hope for a miracle...but with Ron Paul himself saying that he will have "upwards of 500" supporters, still holding out hope for there being 1144...or 644 more than Ron Paul himself (who would have FAR more information than any of us) is silly.

Especially when it would mean that not just those 644, but a full 944 would have to go against the rules of bound delegates (a rule that Ron Paul used in his e-mail) for it to happen.

Sorry, but it is just not going to happen and there is noshame in accepting it. Facing reality does not make you a bad Ron Paul supporter. HE has faced the reality. And that reality is that he has NOT been getting the delegates at recent state conventions. Romney's campaign is not stupid. They know almost every one of their delegates. They have checked up on them. I am not referring to the ones in Massachusetts or Nevada that are bound to him but are clearly Paul supporters. I am talking about every one of the 1100 or so that thereal2012delegatecount is giving to Romney. His campaign knows these are solidly for Romney. And everyone knows (or should know) that Romney will get virtually EVERY superdelegate. So he really only needs about 1010 delegates. a quarter of those from from slates which DEFINITELY don't have stealth Paul supporters on them. Counting superdelegates and slates, to keep him under 1144, well over 60% of his delegates would have to be stealth. AND willing to go against the binding. (Unlike Nevada which has already said they wouldn't.)

You don't have to LIKE it, but you really should accept it. It is over. If this was a football game, Ron Paul is down by 29 points with a minute to go and Romney has the ball. Ron Paul's e-mail last week was basically saying "Well...we didn't win. I am not going to walk off the field before the clock runs out. But at this point, I am not going to call time outs to stop the clock just to ge the ball back with 12 seconds."

Or, if you are not a football fan but still a sports fan, Ron Paul is a basketball team down by 17 with 34 seconds left. And his letter stated that he would no longer be fouling the other team to stop the clock and put them on the free throw line. Because there is nothing worse than watching a game when a team does that whe there is no way they can win. Not even Reggie Miller playing against the Knicks could overcome the lead that Romney has right now.

The BEST move for the movement is to continue supporting Ron Paul up to the Convention...hope that he gets two more states to at least be eligible and give a speech, but also looking ahead to the FUTURE.

sailingaway
06-13-2012, 11:38 PM
As I said in another thread:

He says he does not expect to get the nomination. I don't think any people here 'expect' him to either, but not expecting it and giving up on the race before you cross the finish line are two different things. Most, in support of Ron and in support of our delegates still fighting for seats and for Ron's nomination on the floor with a nominee speech no one has a right to approve or edit.... are not giving up on the race until it is over, come what outcome may.

There is no 'shame' in not giving up until a race is run, either, in fact most would say that is how you run your best race. Why some seem to 'need' others to do otherwise baffles me.

Origanalist
06-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah...but what are th odds on THAT happening? Like maybe 40%?

I don't think he's going to save this country from itself, but if he was................

Kurt Evans
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
--

SantanJ
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Sorry...this was to sailingaway's post a couple up from this. I didn't hit Reply With Quote and I am too lazy to change it now....

But that is just it...No one is SUGGESTING that he give up finishing the race. In any marathon, after the barefoot Kenyan crosses the finish line in 2 hours and 10 minutes or so, all the other runners still keep running until they finish as well. But they don't think they are going to win.

I don't think ANYONE is suggesting that Ron Paul iofficially drop out, releasing his candidates and basically ending any chance of speaking. But at the same time, plenty of posts on this board, and even worse, on non-RP oriented boards like YouTube and still acting as if everyone is going to be surprised in August because they think that Ron Paul has the FAVORITE. And that kind of attitude does no good to the movement. Here on this board it may not be a big deal. But outside the friendly confines of a Ron Paul forum, those posts just make the poster look clueless or hopelessly delusional.

I always cringe when I see a post asking "Who should Ron Paul choose as VP when he wins the nomination." I jsut don't get what the people psoting that hink they are going to accomplish. It just postpones the inevitable and that time could be best spent on other issues. There is amajor election in November. Ron Paul will not be in it for the first time in decades. But many people that share his ideas WILL be. And every post that says "Ron Paul is WINNING" still is a post that does not address how to get THOSE candidates in office.

Now granted, it seems that RPF is not as bas as the Daily Paul on this issue. It truly seems like more than half of the members over there are still going to be blindsided by Romney's nomination becuase they still are SURE that Ron Paul will get it. Whereas here, it seems that most people ARE like you are saying. Knowing that he won't win, but hat does not mean he should quit.

The problem arises when they post on YouTube or elsewhere. Because you know damn well outsiders lump all Ron Paul supporters together.

But what if the Knicks were eaten by sharks?

Lloyd Christmas thinks there's a chance, and John Rambo says it isn't over. I'll not be troubled by the contradictory opinions of lesser men.

Best. Thread. Ever. (Mark 10:27) :)

Will the sharks have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads?

CPUd
06-14-2012, 12:22 AM
A preview of the convention :

http://hurr-durr.com/gate.png

Kurt Evans
06-14-2012, 12:37 AM
--

parocks
06-14-2012, 01:01 AM
But what if the Knicks were eaten by sharks?

Lloyd Christmas thinks there's a chance, and John Rambo says it isn't over. I'll not be troubled by the contradictory opinions of lesser men.

Best. Thread. Ever. (Mark 10:27) :)

Eaten by sharks is but one, one of many possibilities.

The political professionals have to act like normal will hold. Politicians will not say that they are acting the way they do because they're hoping for something crazy to happen.

parocks
06-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Neither do I.

Exactly. We will be blamed when Romney gets slaughtered in the election. They will say 'Oh, its those stupid Libertarians/Ron Paul people who made us lose the election!' Anyone who CANNOT see the end game for us if this goes through is a fool.

But in the process, Rand Paul becomes famous. So, win. Major upgrade to Paul.

Doug Wead said that getting Rand as VP is a huge victory.

Kurt Evans
06-14-2012, 11:14 AM
--

freedomordeath
06-14-2012, 12:58 PM

He says he does not expect to get the nomination. I don't think any people here 'expect' him to either, but not expecting it and giving up on the race before you cross the finish line are two different things. Most, in support of Ron and in support of our delegates still fighting for seats and for Ron's nomination on the floor with a nominee speech no one has a right to approve or edit.... are not giving up on the race until it is over, come what outcome may.

There is no 'shame' in not giving up until a race is run, either, in fact most would say that is how you run your best race. Why some seem to 'need' others to do otherwise baffles me.

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, A TRUE PATRIOT!!!!!! LETS GET ALL THE BS BEHIND US AND START TALKING WINNING ;)

SilenceDewgooder
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, A TRUE PATRIOT!!!!!! LETS GET ALL THE BS BEHIND US AND START TALKING WINNING ;)

WINNING - DUH

Danjlion7
06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Ok, thanks everyone for contributing to my thread.

So, I've gathered from the responses that while the chance is extremely slim, Ron Paul can still clinch the nomination.

Cool.

Liberty_Mike
06-14-2012, 07:41 PM

Well said. I definitely like the way you put it. Very true IMO. Ron Paul and most of us don't expect he will get the delegates, but why throw in the towel when the bell hasn't yet rang? It shows much more courage and strength to stick it out until the very end than to give up.

ClydeCoulter
06-14-2012, 08:25 PM

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Run hard, use that 2nd wind.....AFTER the finish line, see the results.

ClydeCoulter
06-14-2012, 08:32 PM
You know, now that I thought about it:

In all of the projects (software) that I've ever developed, whether alone or with others, there is always a difficult time toward the end to keep up until it's done, it's usually around 80% or so finished.

Is this is type of post-partem depression (almost-partem?) that occurs, similar to what I have had with my other children, and am now experiencing with the knowlege that my youngest son is 15 and I only have 3 more years with him at home?

Is this similar to what some of us may be experiencing now that the finish line is near in this race?

These are really not questions, only food for thought.